IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I didn't know he quit. They put so much work into this little cottage they have, it makes me wonder if they'd build an addition before moving. 

It’s a rental home. I know they’ve done a lot of painting and interior updating to it but I’d be shocked if they could build an add-on.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda figured that, since they appear to be the couple least likely to deviate from their families' beliefs, they're still in that tiny rental because they're saving up to buy or build something bigger without having to take out a mortgage. They definitely seem to live a lot more frugally than some of the other siblings, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're banking a good chunk of their earnings. Property is so cheap out there that I don't think it would take all that long to save up for something, maybe 5-6 years?

4 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I kinda figured that, since they appear to be the couple least likely to deviate from their families' beliefs, they're still in that tiny rental because they're saving up to buy or build something bigger without having to take out a mortgage. They definitely seem to live a lot more frugally than some of the other siblings, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're banking a good chunk of their earnings. Property is so cheap out there that I don't think it would take all that long to save up for something, maybe 5-6 years?

They actually addressed this is an episode recently. Gil said Chad is just like him and is saving up to buy a house because they don’t believe in owing debt. So you nailed it.

On 2/17/2018 at 3:43 AM, just_ordinary said:

But if you say friends- do they never visit you? Don’t mean to be snarking but I am sometimes confused by how people use the term (in comparison to acquaintances). I could never call someone a friend who is not a strong enough part of my life that he hasn’t visit my home and vice versa. The rest would be acquaintances, colleagues, people from my hobby/sports group.... you name it. But none of them is considered a friend to me. For me a friend is like an relative. Someone you spent your life with. (And yes sadly sometimes friendships come to an end).

Maybe I am thinking too much in boxes though?

Many people see their friends in public places (restaurants etc.) instead of their homes. I live in the Washington DC area, where people often live in suburbs that are far away in opposite directions, so you meet up in the city. Also, once you get to middle age, a lot of your friends are people in other areas who you met in previous phases of your life.

I think that for most people what you call “friends” would be “close friends.” What do you call the people you know from work and hobbies who you talk to more than the others you know? 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think that for most people what you call “friends” would be “close friends.” What do you call the people you know from work and hobbies who you talk to more than the others you know? 

Well, colleagues. I mean the label is only to define my relationship to them to other people. If I tell my friends about my colleagues they sure notice if some of them are mentioned more than others... 

I guess I consider friends who call/text when there’s something to chat about, news, support etc.  I live an hour from work and some work far in the opposite direction, making the distance greater. With our families it’s hard to actually meet up, but we’ve done lunch or chatted at work (more than just work chat).  I guess I consider friends people I talk to on the phone or text and who know a significant details of my personal life.  

I have friends who I’ve never even met in person. I find the idea that someone isn’t your friend unless you go to each other’s homes rather bizarre. If that’s your own criteria, fine, but I don’t think it’s the norm.

I’ve never met anyone on Fj and you’re all my friends, right?

We have friends - good friends - who have never had us over.  They’ve never had anyone over.  They are happy to go to other people’s homes but they never reciprocate. You can pick them up on the way to the airport, but you will wait in the car. It’s so weird. These days I usually meet my friends somewhere for lunch or even just coffee.  As couples we spend most of our time together out for dinner, golfing or going on trips. Rarely are we in each other’s homes. It has never occurred to me that this might be odd.  

On 2/17/2018 at 3:34 PM, Seculardaisy said:

They actually addressed this is an episode recently. Gil said Chad is just like him and is saving up to buy a house because they don’t believe in owing debt. So you nailed it.

How is paying someone else's mortgage (AKA RENT) any more honorable? I think that's just a fall back because they don't have the income needed or established work history to qualify for a (mortgage) loan.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How is paying someone else's mortgage (AKA RENT) any more honorable? I think that's just a fall back because they don't have the income needed or established work history to qualify for a (mortgage) loan.

well you should congratulate me because i just refinanced my mortgage and it was HARD WORK. The mortgage lady up until the very last moment was trying to give me a different interest rate. 

Moral of the story and I have said this over and over - print everything out so you have proof !! PROOF otherwise they can set you up and not in a good way. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, nst said:

well you should congratulate me because i just refinanced my mortgage and it was HARD WORK. The mortgage lady up until the very last moment was trying to give me a different interest rate. 

Moral of the story and I have said this over and over - print everything out so you have proof !! PROOF otherwise they can set you up and not in a good way. 

I agree!  Since I am the only one paying now, I desperately need to refi if I want to stay here.  Hopefully my loan company is really interested in working with me and not just bs'ing me.

NST, congrats!  you done good!

30 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I agree!  Since I am the only one paying now, I desperately need to refi if I want to stay here.  Hopefully my loan company is really interested in working with me and not just bs'ing me.

NST, congrats!  you done good!

go sooner rather than later and thank you :)

On 2/23/2018 at 8:27 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Did we ever figure out if they still have that dog?

Wait.....when IS the last time we saw Max?? :pb_confused: I just scrolled through Erin's Insta and the last photo of him is from a year ago. I hope he didn't disappear like the Duggar pets.

6 hours ago, bananabread said:

Wait.....when IS the last time we saw Max?? :pb_confused: I just scrolled through Erin's Insta and the last photo of him is from a year ago. I hope he didn't disappear like the Duggar pets.

He last appeared in a photo for Carson’s birthday last year (I think that’s the one you meant.) I found this on their blog though:

536B0EA5-EAE4-4F71-B11C-ACD48C96F587.thumb.png.4732621224ad4d469e78e06bfcde024f.png

That was from the October 2017 post, so more recent than May of last year. I would guess that Max is still around, but hasn’t been photographed or mentioned much because Cherin have been busy.

Whenever I see Erin with her kids (on TV or in her posts) I get the impression that Carson is her favorite child, she seems to fawn over him. I don’t see Brooklyn getting that kind of attention.

I’m not stating this as a fact, I do not know them, it is just a vibe I get.

With Erin's hashtag of "I can't handle another pet till after baby" I'm pretty sure they still have Max. 

@TeaELSee I don't know about that either and while Erin definitely loves Brooklyn, she does have a soft spot for Carson. I'm guessing he may always be a favored one because of the oldest son/named after her husband she adores/first sustained pregnancy after three miscarriages thing. Totally valid feelings. As long as she tries to best to love EACH baby like the "Blessing from God" they are. I'll reserve judgement until Brooklyn is a little older and more exciting too for how much blog attention she gets. 

On 27.2.2018 at 4:13 PM, bananabread said:

You can see Max in one of Erin's video where she plays piano with her sister in law. I think it was in the summer last year. 

I swear there's a subconscious thing some fundies where they favor the baby that looks like them the most. I can kind of see that in other fundies too. Erin seems to favor Carson, Whitney Bradley, Jessa Spurgeon, and dWRECK Samuel (though it's probably because he's not old enough to "manipulate" yet)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived