IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28.12.2017 at 2:12 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Those are crazy eyes if ever saw any. So creepy.

Yeah, I don’t get the gushing over Chad either. He seems like a nice enough man, especially in comparison with the rest of fundie husbands. Still falls short compared to my (not fundie) husband and I would guess compared to many modern not fundie husbands. 

And from my point of view his looks are just average- but this is of course highly subjective. 

A poster once wrote that Chad and Erin preach a lifestyle that they aren’t really living themselves. She/he explained it much more eloquent though. It made me think and I believe she/he is absolutely right. But I am not sure of their own beliefs anymore as they aren’t as vocal.

On 12/29/2017 at 6:17 PM, just_ordinary said:

Yeah, I don’t get the gushing over Chad either. He seems like a nice enough man, especially in comparison with the rest of fundie husbands. Still falls short compared to my (not fundie) husband and I would guess compared to many modern not fundie husbands. 

And from my point of view his looks are just average- but this is of course highly subjective. 

A poster once wrote that Chad and Erin preach a lifestyle that they aren’t really living themselves. She/he explained it much more eloquent though. It made me think and I believe she/he is absolutely right. But I am not sure of their own beliefs anymore as they aren’t as vocal.

In my experience the people who spend the most time gushing on social media are the ones who are compensating for something. I don’t think Chad is a bad guy necessarily but I also wonder if everything is really so sunny in paradise for Erin. 

6 hours ago, jacduggar said:

In my experience the people who spend the most time gushing on social media are the ones who are compensating for something. I don’t think Chad is a bad guy necessarily but I also wonder if everything is really so sunny in paradise for Erin. 

I actually meant the gushing on this thread. But your point is also something I feel similar about. Especially after I had the chance to look into one of those Christian guides for marriage and relationships (thank you AirBnB). They encourage you to only praise your husband publicly and never mention the not so ideal stuff. Criticism only in private after you prayed about it and only worded very carefully to not make him feel sad or whatever. This just can’t be healthy. I get the “criticism in private” part, even though I think it is healthy to get an outsider opinion from time to time, and sometimes I just need to get something out of my system without making it a big thing with my partner. 

But the idea that men are such delicate flowers that they cannot take criticism is laughable. Every grown up should be able to handle this. It makes me wanna scream....

58 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I actually meant the gushing on this thread. But your point is also something I feel similar about. Especially after I had the chance to look into one of those Christian guides for marriage and relationships (thank you AirBnB). They encourage you to only praise your husband publicly and never mention the not so ideal stuff. Criticism only in private after you prayed about it and only worded very carefully to not make him feel sad or whatever. This just can’t be healthy. I get the “criticism in private” part, even though I think it is healthy to get an outsider opinion from time to time, and sometimes I just need to get something out of my system without making it a big thing with my partner. 

But the idea that men are such delicate flowers that they cannot take criticism is laughable. Every grown up should be able to handle this. It makes me wanna scream....

I'm with you, though I do somewhat agree with the only praising publicly. Do I need to vent and confide in someone at times in my relationship? Heck yeah. But I always keep in mind that they aren't as quick to forgive the person as I am. Learned that real early and real quick when I'd cry to my mom over middle school boyfriends or even friends when we were in an argument and then we'd make up and I'd move on, but my mom would not. She held grudges and would never look at the person who hurt me the same. The person you are venting to does not love your SO like you do and will not forget what you tell them. This may alter their relationship with your husband/wife forever.

Moral of the story, get a therapist or vent to your pets about the big stuff. Doesn't mean husbands are special snowflakes deserving of only praise, though. 

On 1/1/2018 at 11:56 AM, Casserole said:

I'm with you, though I do somewhat agree with the only praising publicly. Do I need to vent and confide in someone at times in my relationship? Heck yeah. But I always keep in mind that they aren't as quick to forgive the person as I am. Learned that real early and real quick when I'd cry to my mom over middle school boyfriends or even friends when we were in an argument and then we'd make up and I'd move on, but my mom would not. She held grudges and would never look at the person who hurt me the same. The person you are venting to does not love your SO like you do and will not forget what you tell them. This may alter their relationship with your husband/wife forever.

Moral of the story, get a therapist or vent to your pets about the big stuff. Doesn't mean husbands are special snowflakes deserving of only praise, though. 

For me it’s not that she says nice things about him, it’s that she seems to darn near constantly praise him almost worshippingly on the show and her social media. It’s so over the top that it comes off like she’s trying to convince everyone - including herself - how great and perfect and amazing he is. It just seems really disingenuous. 

4 hours ago, jacduggar said:

For me it’s not that she says nice things about him, it’s that she seems to darn near constantly praise him almost worshippingly on the show and her social media. It’s so over the top that it comes off like she’s trying to convince everyone - including herself - how great and perfect and amazing he is. It just seems really disingenuous. 

A bit OT, but one of my friends in high school gushed nonstop like that about every boyfriend she had.  This was before social media, there was certainly no show, and nobody was fundie.  She just gushed.  We girls got sick of hearing it after awhile, especially when we realized she did it with every new guy (and some of them were assholes), but the guys just lapped it up...for awhile, anyway.  Eventually they'd break up, she'd get someone new, and start gushing again.  Still don't know what her issue was.

Erin and Chad are my pet fundies so I'm super biased, but I believe they are genuinely happy, and that's because they have it made in their fundie circles in comparison for finding a mate. 

Erin found herself a nice-looking man with muscles who is handy, makes things for and decorates their home in her style, is gainfully employed, seems to gently care for the children and her (in both the patriarchal and affectionate sense), and does nothing but praise her publicly. Compared to someone like Derick, Chad is a 10+++++.

Chad found himself a beautiful fundie princess who adores every little thing he does but isn't a paper doll-has a personality, brings in some additional money with a fundie-approved activity for women, genuinely cares for and takes good care of the children, and appears to be modest (in comparison to a Jill Rodrigues) but attracts positive attention due to her beauty and piano skills.

In the real world they are both average folks, but in fundie land I'm not surprised if they are thanking their lucky stars sweet baby Jesus to have found compatibility and financial security, if not happiness and love as well. 

2 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

Not sure if this was buried somewhere earlier in the thread, but Erin is expecting twins.

No way! 

The sound everyone hears is the sound of all of the Duggars heads exploding! Twins? That's the Duggars shtick!

Just now, Audrey2 said:

No way! 

The sound everyone hears is the sound of all of the Duggars heads exploding! Twins? That's the Duggars shtick!

I know! It was a special announcement yesterday during all the BUB reruns. I hope it does not have a more significant impact for her due to her prior health/pregnancy history. 

I'm not convinced they're having twins.
Neither Chad and Erin's website nor their instagram, nor the Bates' website, says anything about them having twins, while I'd expect Erin to share that kind of news as soon as possible. Also, they've had at least one ultra-sound since they already know they're having a girl. That ultra-sound would have shown then if they were having twins or not.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I find up these up close and personal ultrasound pictures to be creepy. Leave the baby alone already, it will be forced into a life of picture taking soon enough!

Didn't they already release the name and everything? If they know it's a girl and she's higher risk and no doubt has monitoring and ultrasounds, they would not have only announced one girl name... I say not twins. 

I'm wondering if @Skeptic55 is referring to that teaser clip from last (?) season where Lawson said Chad and Erin were having twin... goats. The clip is out there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

Lily and Ellie also blogged about that.

Oy vey, I hope I didn't misinterpret and say something that isn't true. Apologies if so! It was on twice so maybe it was just wishful thinking that was part of an earlier episode? Seemed like more of an announcement but DillyDally you could totally be right.

46 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

Oy vey, I hope I didn't misinterpret and say something that isn't true. Apologies if so! It was on twice so maybe it was just wishful thinking that was part of an earlier episode? Seemed like more of an announcement but DillyDally you could totally be right.

I'm hoping that you are right and I jumped the gun, too.

21 hours ago, Skeptic55 said:

Yeah. She’s not having twins. The Bateses would have blasted that news left and right if there were two kids in there. Erin has been closely monitored during her pregnancies due to her clotting condition. If there were two babies in there they’d likely have known that early on and mentioned it during the initial announcement. I’d bet my left hand you saw the teaser about the baby goats like others have mentioned.

As it stands, Everly Hope Paine is expected in late April, though Erin will likely deliver about four weeks early as she did with Carson and Brooklyn. I’d bet Everly arrives in late March, either at the same time as her cousin Zoey Webster (due April 2) or within a few days.

16 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Chad posted these about Erin.

P.S. Im pretty sure they are not having twins, its one baby, a girl.

While I think praise for ones partner should be delivered in person, and only in person, it’s nice that there isn’t a single ”godly” in this post. 

I don't know why, but this whole "best friend" talk among ATI couples REALLY annoys me. Apart from the "waking up next to you" part, that whole post could basically be about someone's (platonic) best friend. But it's especially annoying that they start referring to their significant other as their "best friend" about two-and-a-half seconds after meeting them. "I can't believe I get to marry my best friend (whom I've been courting for five whole weeks and have never even talked to in private). #blessed"

/endrant

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived