IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Good to hear they're not completely following the "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" set!

Did you see Chad and Erin's bedroom after they got married? It was covered in pink and ruffles. It was about as girly as you can get. And Chad said he didn't care. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Good to hear they're not completely following the "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" set!

They are following the "momma likes, momma does" rule.

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did you see Chad and Erin's bedroom after they got married? It was covered in pink and ruffles. It was about as girly as you can get. And Chad said he didn't care. 

No! I don't follow the Bateses as closely as the Duggars so I must have missed it. That's pretty cool. Happy wife, happy life, as the saying goes!

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

No! I don't follow the Bateses as closely as the Duggars so I must have missed it. That's pretty cool. Happy wife, happy life, as the saying goes!

This was their bedroom and here is a blog to how they decorated when they first married and were childless:

http://chadanderin.com/2014/02/18/our-lil-home/

IMG_7409.JPG

Ahh, the glorious pink bedroom. I will never forget that room, in all of it's pink, ruffled glory.

Didn't the board come to the conclusion, that the pink room, came to fruition, because it was Erin's first time, being allowed to do what Erin wanted to do? Like this is the bedroom she always dreamed of having growing up, so when she had the chance, she just ran with it (and then some). This room version just SCREAMED, tween girl, and not married adult woman.

I love seeing this pic tho, because that is one hideous bedroom.

15 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Man Erin’s really cramming those kiddos in there. Yay for fundie life.

Which makes her pristine house even more impressive/puzzling. Like, if they had a giant rec room they could herd the kids into and keep the rest of the house magazine-cover ready, I would get it. But I don't even know where they put all of the kids' stuff. 

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Which makes her pristine house even more impressive/puzzling. Like, if they had a giant rec room they could herd the kids into and keep the rest of the house magazine-cover ready, I would get it. But I don't even know where they put all of the kids' stuff. 

I Have noticed Carlin is with Erin a lot. I seriously am beginning to think Carlin is sourced out to Erin as a baby sitter/cleaner. 

It's a cute room but it does seem awfully small for three little ones. . . They must be bursting at the seams in that cottage.

They really are going to have children stacked lord cordwood soon. Good lord. I know that they like it but at some point, it's just not going to be feasible. They need to talk to Whitney. :P 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

My kids would have that room a mess in minutes because they are kids. Hopefully she took a picture of the room knowing it would never look like this again, but I doubt it. Most people make their homes more kid friendly.

Weren't they shopping for fixer uppers last season (since they are renters?) I assume that there will be a Whitney-the-realtor helps them find a fixer-upper house to buy story line coming up. Kelton the plumber can assist Chad, who really does appear to be handy! Perhaps Lawson can stop posing for the camera long enough to lend a hand.

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Weren't they shopping for fixer uppers last season (since they are renters?) I assume that there will be a Whitney-the-realtor helps them find a fixer-upper house to buy story line coming up. Kelton the plumber can assist Chad, who really does appear to be handy! Perhaps Lawson can stop posing for the camera long enough to lend a hand.

and Evan the soon to be electrician can also lend a hand. John can come in and clean it all up before they move in. 

I know this is supposed to be snark, but I actually like it when families work that well together that everyone lends a hand when someone in the family needs help. It's probably one of the biggest perks of a large family.

4 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Ahh, the glorious pink bedroom. I will never forget that room, in all of it's pink, ruffled glory.

Didn't the board come to the conclusion, that the pink room, came to fruition, because it was Erin's first time, being allowed to do what Erin wanted to do? Like this is the bedroom she always dreamed of having growing up, so when she had the chance, she just ran with it (and then some). This room version just SCREAMED, tween girl, and not married adult woman.

I love seeing this pic tho, because that is one hideous bedroom.

I believe she actually said this somewhere (that she did it because she’d never had one but always wanted a pink room).  I feel like it was in an episode. 

13 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I believe she actually said this somewhere (that she did it because she’d never had one but always wanted a pink room).  I feel like it was in an episode. 

She said that on the 19KAC episode where Jill and Jessa visit Erin’s home, it was Erin’s wedding episode. It can be found on YouTube now and boy is it fun to watch Erin and Chad in the early days.

59 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and Evan the soon to be electrician can also lend a hand. John can come in and clean it all up before they move in. 

And Josie can give them complimentary haircuts.

Just now, Seculardaisy said:

And Josie can give them complimentary haircuts.

well Erin and Carlin play the piano and yodel. Bobby will be giving a sermon and Tori will be trying to teach the littles. I'm sure Nathan will fly in from where ever he is that week. 

Well, my daughter sleeps in a loft bed (basically a bunk bed without bottom bunk) and have been since she was two. By the time they go for number four Carson must be old enough for the top bunk so there might just be four of them in there then. But I agree it looks cramped already but that doesn't seem to bother fundies very much. I do hope for the sake of the kids they get a bigger house and preferably one that has more than three bedrooms so that perhaps some of the older kids at least will get a less crowded place to be in when they are teens. Sharing a room with siblings is great when you are young but not when you are a teen and the youngest is a toddler or baby. I think that Erin will have many more kids so I at least hope for better living quarters.

14 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I know this is supposed to be snark, but I actually like it when families work that well together that everyone lends a hand when someone in the family needs help. It's probably one of the biggest perks of a large family.

I love this too and this is one of the reasons I'd love to have a big family (or at least marry into a big family ;-)). Although I must say in my group of friends we also do this all the time: lending a hand, supporting each other. 

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

here is a clip from tomorrow's episode explaining what Chad is up to now. 

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-risk-vs-reward/

honestly, with all the Bates combined, they could have quite a nice real estate business... Chad does renovation, Kelton does plumbing, Evan (hopefully) will soon be doing electrical, John does HVAC (isn't that what he does for his day job?), Gil/Trace to do the lawn and tree maintenance, Erin can stage it (I know she's not everyone's cup o' tea, but she does a decent job), Alyssa can clean it for open house, and Whitney to sell it...  

4 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

honestly, with all the Bates combined, they could have quite a nice real estate business... Chad does renovation, Kelton does plumbing, Evan (hopefully) will soon be doing electrical, John does HVAC (isn't that what he does for his day job?), Gil/Trace to do the lawn and tree maintenance, Erin can stage it (I know she's not everyone's cup o' tea, but she does a decent job), Alyssa can clean it for open house, and Whitney to sell it...  

Fundie Fixer Upper. In case the original BuB concept might run out of audience they could take this as a spin off show.

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Fundie Fixer Upper. In case the original BuB concept might run out of audience they could take this as a spin off show.

It would probably be more interesting to watch, at the very least you could focus on the progress and the end product if the people bore you. I see how Lawson would work himself in somehow and pose with a new tool in each episode.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived