IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

While I think praise for ones partner should be delivered in person, and only in person, it’s nice that there isn’t a single ”godly” in this post. 

How refreshing right? Also nothing about serving/being a servant

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they still love each other that much when they have ten children and they are broke and the Up money has dried up and the kids are hungry, screaming, and she can't afford to make organic meals. I hope they're still posting I love you posts and one of them is not telling the other to go bark up a tree. 

Just saw a short video on BUB site where Erin had this food table as part of Carlin's scavenger hunt. That food looked absolutely amazing, and quite healthy, too. I'd love to sink my teeth in those pesto roll cookies. Remember when the J'slaves gave her a cook book as a wedding gift since she was a notoriously bad cook? Duggar girls found that so funny, but look who's laughing now. Erin clearly discovered a whole new world of cooking and baking and loves it now. I'm not saying everyone should like to cook or even know how to cook, it's just that she took that challenge and mastered it. Not sure what the married Duggar girls are able to cook, besides an oven manual.

I believe that everyone should be able to cook everyday food, not necessarily a gourmet meal. You don't have to cook but you should be able to. 

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Just saw a short video on BUB site where Erin had this food table as part of Carlin's scavenger hunt. That food looked absolutely amazing, and quite healthy, too. I'd love to sink my teeth in those pesto roll cookies. Remember when the J'slaves gave her a cook book as a wedding gift since she was a notoriously bad cook? Duggar girls found that so funny, but look who's laughing now. Erin clearly discovered a whole new world of cooking and baking and loves it now. I'm not saying everyone should like to cook or even know how to cook, it's just that she took that challenge and mastered it. Not sure what the married Duggar girls are able to cook, besides an oven manual.

Out of the eldest four Duggars, Jessa appears to be the only one who either can’t or doesn’t enjoy even basic cooking. Not everyone is going to have the same talents or interests and as long as the kids are being fed that’s all that counts. 

I do think it’s great Erin was able to really discover her cooking ability after moving out though (and I do agree I find it a bit amusing given the wedding gift mentioned - especially with Jessa.) She may not have gotten a lot of experience at her parents’ house because Alyssa cooked all the time and moving in with Chad made learning a necessity. The cook book may have actually been pretty helpful with that, in which case it turned out to be a pretty decent gift idea.

30 minutes ago, elliha said:

I believe that everyone should be able to cook everyday food, not necessarily a gourmet meal. You don't have to cook but you should be able to. 

Completely agree. My mom had a short list of “life skills” she thought most people (at least in places like the US) should have. It included things like cooking basic meals, riding a bike, and being able to do a basic swimming stroke. 

Well I guess Erin was too busy playing the piano back then. I just assumed being a SAHD meant you would be learning how to cook on a regular basis.

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Completely agree. My mom had a short list of “life skills” she thought most people (at least in places like the US) should have. It included things like cooking basic meals, riding a bike, and being able to do a basic swimming stroke. 

Even my government agrees with you. To pass nineth grade gym class here you have to know how to swim. We also have obligatory home economics classes that everyone must take. You are able to apply to senior highschool without having a pass in that class but you have to have a certain number of passing grades and there is competition to different tracks so most people do at least pass this class  as it is a relatively easy class to pass or even get a higher grade in to up your grades. I only know one person who failed this class (and he still knows how to cook, he failed because he was too lazy to hand in some of the written assignments, his performance in the practical parts was fine). Riding a bike is not part of school but schools tend to expect that children know how to ride a bicycle and they may go on biking excursions or allow students to ride to different places as part of their education. 

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I saw that too and was pretty impressed.  How the Bateeseses girls keep their homes up and cook for their families AND dress themselves and their kids is so far above and beyond anything we've seen the Duggar girls do.  How they do it with little kids, I will never know.  I am quite aware that we only see what they want us to see, I can't imagine they always have such clean, organized homes all the time.

Cause it snowed in Tennesee

Spoiler

Erin must be freezing! I'm surprised she didn't at least put leggings on like Carlin.

3 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

I love that the Rufus bless icon is a reindeer. What’s the story behind that one?

Rufus, our blessed Lord and Savior, was named after the poor stag Jinger Duggar Vuolo apparently hit with her car one night. Her siblings (or some of her sisters at least) thought it’d be funny to have the head taxidermied and hung on the wall of their bedroom during one of Jinger’s trips to Laredo to see Baaaaaaabe. We learned about Dear Rufus when Joy gave some of Jeremy’s friends a tour of TTH and she recounted the tale of his epic sacrifice. 

May Rufus Bless You, sweet FJ poster. :pb_lol:

30 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Does Rufus have a Feast Day yet? Might be th pregnant fat ass in me talking but I think we need one.

Tomorrow is the 18th, so how about the 18th of every month with an R or a U in the name?

Tomorrow is the 18th, so how about the 18th of every month with an R or a U in the name?

I love it. What are our traditional feast dishes? I would like to humbly suggest we honor Rufus with rainbow colors cereal marshmallows. I MAY have just ordered a bulk sack of them from Amazon ... IMG_8054.JPG

@Mela99, you’re brilliant!  I’m on board with that!  We have a bulk-foods store about an hour from here that sells rainbow marshmallows, and I always get 3 or 4 packages when we go there (and yes, I eat them straight out of the bag).  But it never occured to me to find them on Amazon!!

Rainbow Marshmallows:  the official food  of the Feast Day of Rufus. 

Ok, I found the 1-lb bag of marshmallows, and guess what Amazon suggested—Poop Like A Champion cereal. JillRod should try this instead of Plexus. 

image.jpg

Greetings all, and may the blessings of Rufus be with you always. I think there's no reason that Rufus can't have multiple feast days, but if there's going to be, like, an official feast day, it should probably be November 4th or 5th because Jinger hit him on her way to Spurgeon's birth (and I can't remember what time of the day he was born).

Greetings all, and may the blessings of Rufus be with you always. I think there's no reason that Rufus can't have multiple feast days, but if there's going to be, like, an official feast day, it should probably be November 4th or 5th because Jinger hit him on her way to Spurgeon's birth (and I can't remember what time of the day he was born).

I'm down with that. I vote January is the month of the Magical Rainbow Mallows, in the hopes that they will royally piss off Mike Pence. And maybe sacrifice some of that poop like a champion for him because he always looks constipated.

15 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I love it. What are our traditional feast dishes? I would like to humbly suggest we honor Rufus with rainbow colors cereal marshmallows. I MAY have just ordered a bulk sack of them from Amazon ... IMG_8054.JPG

My husband loves those! I bought him those for Valentines Day and his last birthday ha!

Amazon carries multiple brands in varying sizes (because of course i kept looking).  i may or may not have ordered the 2.5 pound one......

On 1/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, Bajovane said:

How the Bateeseses girls keep their homes up and cook for their families AND dress themselves and their kids is so far above and beyond anything we've seen the Duggar girls do.  How they do it with little kids, I will never know. 

Seriously I am boggled by this! I have one 1 month old and I feel like a gross slob everyday. My house has not fallen into an unkempt state and my baby is clean and cared for, but I personally am in pajamas most of the time and baby Pearl wears a clean body suit or simple onesie and soft pants. There are no complicated outfits and certainly no accessories or coiffed hair on either of us. I ask my husband how do the Bates do it?!

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Seriously I am boggled by this! I have one 1 month old and I feel like a gross slob everyday. My house has not fallen into an unkempt state and my baby is clean and cared for, but I personally am in pajamas most of the time and baby Pearl wears a clean body suit or simple onesie and soft pants. There are no complicated outfits and certainly no accessories or coiffed hair on either of us. I ask my husband how do the Bates do it?!

I asked something like this a while back. Other parents on here pointed out that the Bateses don’t post everyday and what they do post gives only the best image of their lives. It’s pretty likely that they don’t always look that put together; we just don’t see much of it. Some of them probably have family help as well - Whit very likely does because she’s working for a real estate company now and that can be pretty demanding. She may also need to look more put together in order to come across as professional as well.

So don’t compare your life to their’s. It’s so easy to do that, but you can’t get a fair comparison to these people because you don’t see the full picture of what their lives are like. If you and your baby are healthy and relatively happy that’s all that matters. :) 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived