IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

I do like her style (I love her rug), I just think she has too much of a good thing no matter what she does. She just goes so hard core with whatever she does and has way too many big pieces and components. If she'd dial it back a smidge with the eleventy pillows and all the stuff behind the couch (the clock is too much). Her space is just too small to have ALL these things that are individually pretty but make that tiny space too busy and cluttered. I was scrolling her insta tonight to show my husband how small her house/living room was (still stuck on the disbelief that children live and play there with it so tidy and all the pieces) and every time she redoes her living room, she makes it look better IMO, but she really needs someone to come in and go, "Okay, let me take about 10 items away." 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

trying too hard to be cutesy and “farmhouse country” bullshit. 

This has been the Bates Family Motto for years. They need to get it emblazoned on their family crest - with the addendum of "so people don't notice the whole cult thing."

9 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Chad built Erin a coffee table for Valentine's Day.

As someone currently shopping for a coffee table and unable to find anything I like, I am very jealous!

Screenshot_2018-02-15-09-07-27.thumb.png.eb69ff836e57c07cba8dacfebb879257.pngScreenshot_2018-02-15-09-07-32.thumb.png.5697704192f2c5902485c97742f66dad.png

I really like the table and her couch. The rest just is too much IMHO. But the combination of the table and the couch on a hardwood floor would look really nice. Add a little rug underneath the table into the mix and it would have the style I'd like to afford one day ;-)

11 hours ago, lizzybee said:

How she keeps all the things in the places they go with littles is astounding to me. Her lamp? Yeah, I had the same one until my son pulled it over and the dome shattered everywhere. RIP lamp, I liked your shelves to put my decor on.

I'm going to tell myself she takes these pictures during naptime right after she's put everything back to rights after her toddlers have strewn things everywhere so I don't feel bad about the current condition of my living room. 

I read this and sadly my immediate thought was blanket training- you don’t need to worry about children pulling over lamps when you have trained them not to move from a few months old. I really hope this is not the case however. All the photo’s Erin posts look very loving so I will keep my fingers crossed that the photo is a posed one and normally the house does look like children actually live in it.

Or they confine the kids to a different childproofed room except for specific highly supervised things.  When we had twins, the living room was baby proofed and then a stair gate was put across it (to stop toddlers escaping).  It was a messy toy filled place, and when in the house unless sleeping (in their bedroom) or eating (in the kitchen) the twins were kept in there.  The rest of the house was not baby proofed and not  child proof. 

38 minutes ago, imokit said:

Or they confine the kids to a different childproofed room except for specific highly supervised things.  When we had twins, the living room was baby proofed and then a stair gate was put across it (to stop toddlers escaping).  It was a messy toy filled place, and when in the house unless sleeping (in their bedroom) or eating (in the kitchen) the twins were kept in there.  The rest of the house was not baby proofed and not  child proof. 

They cannot. The house is tiny, just 2 small bedrooms and the living room, that I think is somehow open to the kitchen (not sure about that). Kitchen looks small, too. The living room is also the music classroom where Erin teaches. That's why I think Zach kids are not the only ones to attend Bates Daycare Center on a regular basis. Erin stated that she had a ton of pupils. If this is still true, it's impossible to keep 2 toddlers in a small house, both of them quiet for hours, while mom is teaching. I know there are harsh trainings, but even if they beat a lot, toddlers have limits about the amount of time they can play alone and in silence. So maybe Erin is currently working fewer or just not working. Chad works in a factory and has his DIY projects, so I doubt he has plenty of time to look after the children, but who knows.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They cannot. The house is tiny, just 2 small bedrooms and the living room, that I think is somehow open to the kitchen (not sure about that). Kitchen looks small, too. The living room is also the music classroom where Erin teaches. That's why I think Zach kids are not the only ones to attend Bates Daycare Center on a regular basis. Erin stated that she had a ton of pupils. If this is still true, it's impossible to keep 2 toddlers in a small house, both of them quiet for hours, while mom is teaching. I know there are harsh trainings, but even if they beat a lot, toddlers have limits about the amount of time they can play alone and in silence. So maybe Erin is currently working fewer or just not working. Chad works in a factory and has his DIY projects, so I doubt he has plenty of time to look after the children, but who knows.

Her kitchen isn’t too tiny but it does have her washer and dryer in it which takes up a massive amount of space.

It's a nice coffee table! I'm interested in how they are going to balance out pictures on the wall once Everly gets here. There's one of Carson and one of Brooklyn on either side. I guess they could have a new family picture to balance it out. Wonder if the pictures will get smaller the more kids they have! 

21 hours ago, lizzybee said:

How she keeps all the things in the places they go with littles is astounding to me. Her lamp? Yeah, I had the same one until my son pulled it over and the dome shattered everywhere. RIP lamp, I liked your shelves to put my decor on.

SAMES! But Cats ;)

I don't think there are enough pillows on that sofa. End sarcasm.

I was just thinking about how one sits on a couch with so many pillows. I only have 2 and I get tired of picking them up off the floor every time my dog knocks them off :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, mstee said:

I was just thinking about how one sits on a couch with so many pillows. I only have 2 and I get tired of picking them up off the floor every time my dog knocks them off :pb_lol:

Speaking of dogs... I wonder if Chad and Erin still have theirs. Has he been spotted since he was a cute little puppy?

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

Speaking of dogs... I wonder if Chad and Erin still have theirs. Has he been spotted since he was a cute little puppy?

I literally just came here to ask this same question. I know Lawson posted a photo of him, fully grown sometime last year. But I don’t think we’ve really seen him since. Anytime we saw him on BUB it seemed as if he was an “outside dog.” Much like the dog the Bates keep. And didn’t they also get goats?

Edit: I do remember that in the episode where Cherin went and looked at fixer upper homes they showed Max running around the front yard as they drove away.

My sister had a standing lamp very similar to that--and when her daughter started toddling  she loaned it to a college friend to use for few years--she was sure daughter would pull it over!

The coffee table is not my style but I cannot snark on his skills, it is clearly a well-built and nice table. I can clearly see it in another person's home and me liking it there but I would not like it in my own home.

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

He has. Most recent photo featuring him on Erin’s Instagram:

Erin hasn’t posted very much recently to be honest - there have been 54 posts between the last one of Max and the most recent post two days ago. I think it’s likely she and Chad are just busy and tired and they prefer to post photos of their kids or projects rather than their animals. 

We haven’t seen anything about the beagle Bradley was given for his birthday either. I don’t think they even announced the puppy’s name. But, like Cherin, Zachney are both pretty busy with everything going on. So it’s possible the beagle (like Max) is still around and they just haven’t shared about it much.

23 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

SAMES! But Cats ;)

My cat spends part of each day pushing things off tables—tchotchkes, water glasses, car keys, phones, mail, anything light enough that he can shove with one paw ends up on the floor. 

17 hours ago, mstee said:

My dog also hates the lone pillow on my couch because it has the nerve to be exactly where he wants to lie down. 

I wonder what she does with all the stuff she doesn't use for decorating any more... Do you think they keep it until she changes her mind?

I'm mildly curious to see what she would do with an entire house, much less a little cottage.

4 hours ago, catlady said:

My cat spends part of each day pushing things off tables—tchotchkes, water glasses, car keys, phones, mail, anything light enough that he can shove with one paw ends up on the floor. 

Asshole cats are among my favorite living things!

Fair enough. Since having kids, I have friends who have no idea we have a cat.  Cat is 15 now and I’ve had him as many years (adopted at 6m).  I just never share pictures of him because the kids honestly took priority.

6 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Fair enough. Since having kids, I have friends who have no idea we have a cat.  Cat is 15 now and I’ve had him as many years (adopted at 6m).  I just never share pictures of him because the kids honestly took priority.

But if you say friends- do they never visit you? Don’t mean to be snarking but I am sometimes confused by how people use the term (in comparison to acquaintances). I could never call someone a friend who is not a strong enough part of my life that he hasn’t visit my home and vice versa. The rest would be acquaintances, colleagues, people from my hobby/sports group.... you name it. But none of them is considered a friend to me. For me a friend is like an relative. Someone you spent your life with. (And yes sadly sometimes friendships come to an end).

Maybe I am thinking too much in boxes though?

I'm surprised they're still in that cottage with soon to be three kids to be honest. That has to feel so crowded. 

On 2/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, nickelodeon said:

This has been the Bates Family Motto for years. They need to get it emblazoned on their family crest - with the addendum of "so people don't notice the whole cult thing."

Just coming back here to say that every time I read your post I laugh really hard. You are absolutely correct, this is 100% the unofficial Bates family motto. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm surprised they're still in that cottage with soon to be three kids to be honest. That has to feel so crowded. 

We had three kids in a three bedroom house but one of our bedrooms was upstairs and was always too hot in the Summer or too cold in the winter. We've since moved (to a three bedroom where all three rooms are actually usable) but it was completely crowded when we were only using two bedrooms. We did make it work for the first year of our youngest daughter's life but I am an organization/clean freak and it was making me completely  crazy.

I have to say I never expected Zach and Whit to be the ones to renovate a house, especially not before Cherin. And when Chad quit his job I expected it to be because he was starting a furniture company like he has always talked about. I was surprised that he was just taking on a different construction job.

I didn't know he quit. They put so much work into this little cottage they have, it makes me wonder if they'd build an addition before moving. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived