IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

Don’t forget, that Erin has probably at least two babysitters at hand whenever she wants. And I bet her sisters also might help with her housework if she wants it. 

Alyssa though is a bit of a mystery to me. She carries small and doesn’t have obvious helpers around. Maybe pregnancy is really really easy on her? They seem to be a bit more relaxed in disciplining their girls than the rest (my takeaway from the video of Allie getting up a lot through bedtime) but seem to cope fine with it. (Which I really hope. No child should ever experience their strange and harmful ideas of discipline and punishment)

I wonder if they keep going to get a boy? Having at least one of each sex seems to be a big things for many people.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2018 at 10:43 AM, Carm_88 said:

Erin and Alyssa are in their third trimester! 

"It is so much fun being pregnant with my sister" might have been phrased a little better...

47 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Don’t forget, that Erin has probably at least two babysitters at hand whenever she wants. And I bet her sisters also might help with her housework if she wants it. 

Alyssa though is a bit of a mystery to me. She carries small and doesn’t have obvious helpers around. Maybe pregnancy is really really easy on her? They seem to be a bit more relaxed in disciplining their girls than the rest (my takeaway from the video of Allie getting up a lot through bedtime) but seem to cope fine with it. (Which I really hope. No child should ever experience their strange and harmful ideas of discipline and punishment)

I wonder if they keep going to get a boy? Having at least one of each sex seems to be a big things for many people.

I think Alyssa has inherit Kelly's fertility and easy pregnancies. Of course as Kelly got older, pregnancies became risky, but I'm pretty sure her first 10 kids were easily delivered. In fact, most Bates were birth at home, and considering this family is not against hospitals, I suppose homebirth choice was because Kelly's low-risk pregancies and easy deliveries (although the budget could be an extra reason).

Alyssa seems a planner and not thrilling to have a big family (she not even tried to fake she really liked being raised in a big family!). She loves to look thin, to travel, to work in her business, loves the silence, having money for shopping, etc. I bet Zoey has been a surprise and next kid won't come so soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but if someone really wants to be a SAHM and have a quiver, doesn't invest in creating a business and struggles with schedules in order to work part time.  If she wants six kids and homeschool them, as she said, she'll have to quit working and start learning to administrate a limitate budget/home room, and probably it doesn't sound nice to her.

20 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

"It is so much fun being pregnant with my sister" might have been phrased a little better...

Lol that phrase left me giggling too. I often wonder if these fundies ever proof read their own texts before hitting the send button, but I highly doubt it. They can't be that oblivious to how their texts sound, can they? "being pregnant while my sister is also pregnant" or "pregnant at the same time" is not that hard now, is it? 

I feel like Erin and Alyssa's dresses would normally be swapped. Alyssa with the lace and Erin with the other one. Random thought of the day. 

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Alyssa has inherit Kelly's fertility and easy pregnancies. Of course as Kelly got older, pregnancies became risky, but I'm pretty sure her first 10 kids were easily delivered. In fact, most Bates were birth at home, and considering this family is not against hospitals, I suppose homebirth choice was because Kelly's low-risk pregancies and easy deliveries (although the budget could be an extra reason).

Alyssa seems a planner and not thrilling to have a big family (she not even tried to fake she really liked being raised in a big family!). She loves to look thin, to travel, to work in her business, loves the silence, having money for shopping, etc. I bet Zoey has been a surprise and next kid won't come so soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but if someone really wants to be a SAHM and have a quiver, doesn't invest in creating a business and struggles with schedules in order to work part time.  If she wants six kids and homeschool them, as she said, she'll have to quit working and start learning to administrate a limitate budget/home room, and probably it doesn't sound nice to her.

Kelly had 14 of her children,at home.Alyssa,and this is a compliment,seems to be naturally slim,as well as carry small.

Addee.Ellie,Callie,Judson,and Jeb were born in a hospital.Plus,Kelly had 4 miscarriages between and after some of those births.

16 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

alyssa seems a planner and not thrilling to have a big family (she not even tried to fake she really liked being raised in a big family!). She loves to look thin, to travel, to work in her business, loves the silence, having money for shopping, etc. I bet Zoey has been a surprise and next kid won't come so soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but if someone really wants to be a SAHM and have a quiver, doesn't invest in creating a business and struggles with schedules in order to work part time.  If she wants six kids and homeschool them, as she said, she'll have to quit working and start learning to administrate a limitate budget/home room, and probably it doesn't sound nice to her.

Except it's not a surprise when you're not actively preventing pregnancy. Just because Alyssa and her daughters wear pants and normal swimsuits doesn't mean she's using contraceptive methods and shifting to a more fundie lite lifestyle.

Using birth control or contraceptive methods is a huge departure from these people beliefs and Alyssa not only married into another ATI family but she has pop out 3 girls in almost four years of marriage, she's staying at home (works for her HUSBAND and probably not so much anymore), plans to homeschool and is already training Allie to be a sister mom. Alyssa is not going to change her beliefs anytime soon, she may say "six kids" but if she's not preventing... It's all talk.

12 hours ago, melon said:

Kelly had 14 of her children,at home.Alyssa,and this is a compliment,seems to be naturally slim,as well as carry small.

Addee.Ellie,Callie,Judson,and Jeb were born in a hospital.Plus,Kelly had 4 miscarriages between and after some of those births.

Addee was born at home. Remember the episode when the family thanked the Volunteer Fire Dept who came to the house and saved her life before they could get her to the hospital? That said, she was the LAST of the homebirths. 

First time post over here. In the recent episode of BUB where Erin had her younger sisters over to announce her pregnancy I couldn't help but notice how Addee's voice sounded a bit monotone. Almost as though she was someone who wore hearing aids? Did anyone else notice this? i wondered if this was a side effect of her home birth? Has this been addressed? Maybe it really is just her unique vocal quality but given the southern twang that they all seem to have her voice stood out to me. 

9 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

First time post over here. In the recent episode of BUB where Erin had her younger sisters over to announce her pregnancy I couldn't help but notice how Addee's voice sounded a bit monotone. Almost as though she was someone who wore hearing aids? Did anyone else notice this? i wondered if this was a side effect of her home birth? Has this been addressed? Maybe it really is just her unique vocal quality but given the southern twang that they all seem to have her voice stood out to me. 

It's being discussed in the Bates gen thread. She was born premature, stopped breathing and had a stay in the NICU. She has hearing problems as a result of it. 

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Probably the only acknowledgement we'll get of Nate Paine's wedding .@Carm_88

That's what I was thinking too! They're doing a pretty good job of keeping it on the down low! 

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Probably the only acknowledgement we'll get of Nate Paine's wedding .@Carm_88

I was wondering whose wedding this was!

Any other pictures anywhere on the internet?

56 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I was wondering whose wedding this was!

Any other pictures anywhere on the internet?

I posted the pic I found on the unmarried fundies thread.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Is there a reason you guys think Chad and Erin want to keep Nate's wedding on the DL? Because of a possible rapist sighting or...?

That, and they're probably upset by the negative reaction to Tabitha's wedding and don't want to share anymore, open themselves up to any more criticism.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Is there a reason you guys think Chad and Erin want to keep Nate's wedding on the DL? Because of a possible rapist sighting or...?

I was just thinking that they normally share the Paine Thanksgiving Photo and I don't recall seeing it this year. It seems like they are keeping Tim and Tabitha away from their instagram, which means that all Paine events are going to be as well. That's the reason that I felt like they wouldn't show much! 

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That, and they're probably upset by the negative reaction to Tabitha's wedding and don't want to share anymore, open themselves up to any more criticism.

People being negative by Tabitha marrying a rapist. Who would have thought? What is the world coming to?

3 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

People being negative by Tabitha marrying a rapist. Who would have thought? What is the world coming to?

Christians are being persecuted, y'all!

Chad built Erin a coffee table for Valentine's Day.

As someone currently shopping for a coffee table and unable to find anything I like, I am very jealous!

Screenshot_2018-02-15-09-07-27.thumb.png.eb69ff836e57c07cba8dacfebb879257.pngScreenshot_2018-02-15-09-07-32.thumb.png.5697704192f2c5902485c97742f66dad.png

How she keeps all the things in the places they go with littles is astounding to me. Her lamp? Yeah, I had the same one until my son pulled it over and the dome shattered everywhere. RIP lamp, I liked your shelves to put my decor on.

I'm going to tell myself she takes these pictures during naptime right after she's put everything back to rights after her toddlers have strewn things everywhere so I don't feel bad about the current condition of my living room. 

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

How she keeps all the things in the places they go with littles is astounding to me. Her lamp? Yeah, I had the same one until my son pulled it over and the dome shattered everywhere. RIP lamp, I liked your shelves to put my decor on.

I'm going to tell myself she takes these pictures during naptime right after she's put everything back to rights after her toddlers have strewn things everywhere so I don't feel bad about the current condition of my living room. 

I am sure this is not a random, candid picture of her home. Personally, I think it looks overdone and cold.

LOVE the coffee table. Hate everything else about the room. I feel like we keep having this conversation, but again - I do not dig Erin’s style. 

7 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

LOVE the coffee table. Hate everything else about the room. I feel like we keep having this conversation, but again - I do not dig Erin’s style. 

Yep. Nice work Chad, the coffee table is great. She still can’t seem to shake the dollhouse look though, it’s trying too hard to be cutesy and “farmhouse country” bullshit. 

I don’t doubt that she is the one determined to stay in that house, even now with a 3rd baby on the way. 

I admire Zach and Whitney for having the guts and determination to take on a whole renovation, get rid of old stuff, declutter, move on to something new and fresh. That is a massive undertaking. 

Erin’s place seems stifled and overdone.  And as I’ve said before, she is now moving on to more over the top Pinterest crap, just looks slightly different. Erin, girl, maybeeee it’s time for a change. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived