IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

It’s pretty normal to have a particular favorite child because a certain child’s personality might gel with a parents better, you might like their sense of humor more, you share common interests, ETC. It’s the treating them fairly and impartially ( not equally because not all children are equal in all aspects all the time ) that gets parents I think. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I swear there's a subconscious thing some fundies where they favor the baby that looks like them the most. I can kind of see that in other fundies too. Erin seems to favor Carson, Whitney Bradley, Jessa Spurgeon, and dWRECK Samuel (though it's probably because he's not old enough to "manipulate" yet)

And Alyssa&Allie.

I don't think it's about the kid looking like the mother, but a mix between being the firstborn and the personality of the kid.

I know some non-fundie  mothers who fell deeply in love with the first kid and were less thrilled with the second. It doesn't mean they play favourites or doesn't love the younger kids. It's just that the first one is special for them and can't avoid this sensation.

I know other people feel the same with every child or even feels more confortable with the youngers. But with the first kid everything is new. A mother discovers new emotions and every stage of the kid's development is like a miracle. Obviously, it doesn't happen with the second child, unless siblings are very different.

Also, Carson and Bradley seem very sweet, while their little sisters seem a bit more naughty, so maybe Erin and Whit prefer the olders because they're easier. Alyssa is all-girly so she must be enjoying Allie a lot, while the little one can't still share girly activities, etc.

I'm not critizising them. As long as they're giving all the kids quality time and make all of them feel loved, it's ok.

A bit off topic, but do you guys like Erins vests? I can't stand them, they make her look so old! Especially in combination with the hair! Are vests like that considered fashionable among 20 somethings in the US? I have hardly ever seen them worn here in Austria and if so, it's not exactly the most "stylish" person wearing them. Since Erin seems to care about her looks and I don't hate her style overall the vests just kind of throw me off. 

I like Erin's vests because she seems to like them. I like that she has a 'thing', that she doesn't seem to care whether they're stylish or popular or not, she obviously just likes them so she wears them. I think that's cool.

@singsingsing makes a good point about the vests. However, they remind me of the early/mid 90's. I've never liked them and don't think they flatter many women. 

Still better than frumpers.

Vests seem to make a come back every 10 years or so... based on all the pictures from my 11th and 21st birthdays. I remember wearing one to a summer outdoor concert, I was so hot. Both temperature and Paris Hilton stylez.

Some how I both hate and love them. I won't do ones with embroidery or fringe. But a puffy vest, hoody,and fluffy mittens is perfect for staying warm in Canadian pre-winter.

And they're great if you hate bras. 

@Chocolatecheesecake vests are a must in children/teenagers fashion, always worn with informal outfits. Worn with skirts, uh, looks very grandma. But I agree with @singsingsing that Erin has developed her own style and it's refreshing to see someone not following exactly the magazines fashion.

I don't really like the vests, but I totally agree with @singsingsing.

Although I have to say the vests make Erin look even more like Kelly Jo.

I'd love to see her some more modern modest dresses and outfits and with another hair styling. A makeover episode would be nice. But anyway - Erin is beautiful no matter what she wears.

16 hours ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

A bit off topic, but do you guys like Erins vests? I can't stand them, they make her look so old! Especially in combination with the hair! Are vests like that considered fashionable among 20 somethings in the US? I have hardly ever seen them worn here in Austria and if so, it's not exactly the most "stylish" person wearing them. Since Erin seems to care about her looks and I don't hate her style overall the vests just kind of throw me off. 

Having spent some time in Vienna in the past few years, this made me giggle.  Erin would definitely stick out with the big curled hair and the colorful vests.

However, in small-town middle America, it wouldn't be unusual to see a 'mom' wearing a vest.  To me, it goes along with the decorative but not functional scarves they seem to favor as an accessory.  Its not considered fashionable as much as a "look, I made an effort"  to put myself together type wear.   While I wouldn't wear it, I can't hate on it too much, as I'm sure keeping up with trends as a mom with young kids falls pretty low on the priority list.   

Thanks for all the aswers! I just wanted to clarify, that I of course did not mean to shame a pregnant mom of two young kids for not following fashion trends. I just found it interesting, that there are a lot of pictures and videos of her with a full face of makeup, hair done, somewhat stylish outfit and then... *dramatic music* .... the vest! So she clearly put effort into her appearance and then chose to add a vest, which, like I said, is not something I'm used to. It's not a style I like, and I think it's fine to discuss famous people's fashion choices, but of course she is free to wear what ever the heck she wants. I was just wondering, if it's a trend in the US or an Erin specific thing. Again, thanks for answering! @mydoggoskeeper haha, you understand me! I'm Viennese, born and raised. 

21 hours ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

Thanks for all the aswers! I just wanted to clarify, that I of course did not mean to shame a pregnant mom of two young kids for not following fashion trends. I just found it interesting, that there are a lot of pictures and videos of her with a full face of makeup, hair done, somewhat stylish outfit and then... *dramatic music* .... the vest! So she clearly put effort into her appearance and then chose to add a vest, which, like I said, is not something I'm used to. It's not a style I like, and I think it's fine to discuss famous people's fashion choices, but of course she is free to wear what ever the heck she wants. I was just wondering, if it's a trend in the US or an Erin specific thing. Again, thanks for answering! @mydoggoskeeper haha, you understand me! I'm Viennese, born and raised. 

Living on the East Coast, the only time I really see vests is usually in the fall as part of an "athleisure" outfit that usually includes lululemon leggings.  Not exactly fundie approved!

I am not sure how to post pics but on the batesfam insta Cherin and Alyssa and John went on a baby moon together and guess who tagged along. why Gil and Kelly of course. I find this really weird. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of vests, nor do I actually see people around here wearing them. At most I'll see a puffer vest around winter time but otherwise they don't feel like a fashion trend here. 

@mydoggoskeeper @Chocolatecheesecake I second your opinions on the vest. I had assumed it was a rather US-only trend among women, and I gotta say it makes Erin look a little 'motherly', for lack of a better word. I don't mind the vests, but I also look at her and think 'What made her pick the vest?'. Then again, it's her style and she seems to imitate Kelly a little, who I seem to remember wearing vests often, too. Could be that she gets cold easily, as do I. I wear cardigans all the time and some people would probably say that I am not very fashionable. I also don't care about seasonal trendy stuff. I buy basics and I know they're never really in or out of fashion. I couldn't care less. Erin does her style, others do theirs, and I do mine. But I definitely caught on to the vests being very Erin-specific. 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

@mydoggoskeeper @Chocolatecheesecake I second your opinions on the vest. I had assumed it was a rather US-only trend among women, and I gotta say it makes Erin look a little 'motherly', for lack of a better word. I don't mind the vests, but I also look at her and think 'What made her pick the vest?'. Then again, it's her style and she seems to imitate Kelly a little, who I seem to remember wearing vests often, too. Could be that she gets cold easily, as do I. I wear cardigans all the time and some people would probably say that I am not very fashionable. I also don't care about seasonal trendy stuff. I buy basics and I know they're never really in or out of fashion. I couldn't care less. Erin does her style, others do theirs, and I do mine. But I definitely caught on to the vests being very Erin-specific. 

Not trying to fat-shame Erin at all (she is beautiful!) but I wonder if she wears the vests to make herself look slimmer, or to hide some of the pregnancy weight gain. Maybe she puts on a shirt, feels it looks a bit snug, and adds the vest.

Erin posted a few pictures of the nursery but it looks like all three will be sharing a room. That seems like it will be difficult. And if they have a fourth soon it will be next to impossible to fit 4 beds for young kids (bunk beds are for older kids). 

If they stay in that house for #4, they will have to give the kids their master bedroom and take the smaller one. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin posted a few pictures of the nursery but it looks like all three will be sharing a room. That seems like it will be difficult. And if they have a fourth soon it will be next to impossible to fit 4 beds for young kids (bunk beds are for older kids). 

it's only a two bedroom iirc. they really need to get on finding a new place. 

here is the pic of the room. 

and here is a pic of Erin and Carlin

I'm finding that layout a bit confusing. Baby in the cot (obviously), one on the trundle bed and one on the day bed?

Or is the new baby in a basinett, Brooklyn in the cot and Carson on the trundle bed?

Completely agree they need to swap rooms or get a bigger house. 

Man Erin’s really cramming those kiddos in there. Yay for fundie life.

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm finding that layout a bit confusing. Baby in the cot (obviously), one on the trundle bed and one on the day bed?

Or is the new baby in a basinett, Brooklyn in the cot and Carson on the trundle bed?

Completely agree they need to swap rooms or get a bigger house. 

My guess was baby in the crib, Carson on the big bed, Brooklynn on the trundle bed. 

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

They usually have that side cot for not actual sleeping right?

I'm guessing that carson sleeps in the big bed and Brooklyn has always slept in the crib. Chad probably recently made the trundle bed for Brooklyn and she must be sleeping there now to get her used to it before the baby comes. Then when the baby comes, she will sleep in the crib. Personally I would keep the baby in my room as long as I could so the other two won't be awakened by the baby at night. 

All three kids are supposed to be sleeping in there? Considering that one child is a male and these people are big sticklers for stereotypical gender roles, the room seems fairly "girly". Definitely not complaining, just mildly surprised.

Personally, I like Erin's style but I'm not huge on all the pastels. They've done a good job with the space they have though.

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

All three kids are supposed to be sleeping in there? Considering that one child is a male and these people are big sticklers for stereotypical gender roles, the room seems fairly "girly". Definitely not complaining, just mildly surprised.

Personally, I like Erin's style but I'm not huge on all the pastels. They've done a good job with the space they have though.

the only thing that has changed in that room since Carson was born is the tiny pops of pink. Chad and Erin don't seem as strict about Gender roles as say their parents we have seen Carson playing with dolls before. 

as to were will the baby sleep this is from Before Carson was born but I bet they still have it. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the only thing that has changed in that room since Carson was born is the tiny pops of pink. Chad and Erin don't seem as strict about Gender roles as say their parents we have seen Carson playing with dolls before. 

Good to hear they're not completely following the "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" set!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived