IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder why so few showed up. It's not like it's a shower for Jill Rod. By that time the Bates family had been on TV and the Paines were well known in the ATI groups. You would think a lot of people would show up since it was a sort of celebrity family. 

I'm sure something additional happened like there was a snowstorm or they sent the invitations too late so nobody recieved them.

Like 9 people even including their immediate families? Even if it's 9 non relatives, something more than just everyone forgot must have happened.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

While I like the initial idea of the nursery: beige, mint and blush, I think the way they executed it isn’t my taste at all. Doesn’t have to be though.

The room seems dark (because of the darker beige colours) and the mint and blush a tad to flashy for me. There is a lot going on but that doesn’t bother me as much as the colours. 

In regards to the size: I wouldn’t call it ideal but I think they could manage till four kids.

lets just hope her timing keeps getting longer. If not number four will be on the way by summer 2019

I hope that the baby is in a bassinet in the parents' room for a couple months at least. Then Lexie can continue using her crib. 

5 hours ago, Markie said:

I hope that the baby is in a bassinet in the parents' room for a couple months at least. Then Lexie can continue using her crib. 

wrong family. Lexie is Alyssa's daughter. I think you mean you hope the baby is in Cherin's room for a few months so that Brooklyn can continue using the crib

23 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Erin recalls her own wedding shower, as she and Whitney help the Keilens decorate: “I don’t know if I take it as a personal thing because we planned for 150 to 200 people to be at my wedding shower, made all this food, sent out all these invitations. Nobody came except for nine people, y’all.”

That is really too bad. One of the first things my sister did after she announced her pregnancy was to ask me to host the shower, and I was a little put off because it was months away and she had kind of pushed me out of her life at that point, but I agreed. When she thought it was the right time, which was still too early, she set up a FB event page herself and invited every female on her friends list. That was frustrating because I didn't really have the budget for that many people. But because of my sister rapidly cutting people out of her life - including me a few months after her baby was born - there was only ONE non-family guest who showed up, and that was one of MY friends who only came because she'd gotten the invite and hadn't seen me in a while.  It was really awkward to pretend like everything was fine when literally none of my sister's friends showed up. I truly think my sister may have borderline personality disorder with the way she shoves people off and then randomly tries to reconnect without addressing any of the hurtful things she's done in the past. 

I'm not saying Erin has anything like that going on, I'm just saying I've experienced a similar situation and it is indeed unpleasant. 

Just realized Zoey and Everly were born almost exactly 48 hours apart 4:22 Am the 28th for Zoey and 4:12 Am the 30th for Everly

Congrats to Erin and Chad. Glad the baby is here safely and that both Erin and Everly are OK.

Poor Zoey. She was only the youngest grandchild for 2 days. I can't believe they were born literally 48 hours apart. I wonder if Gil and Kelly were able to be at both.

2 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Congrats to Erin and Chad. Glad the baby is here safely and that both Erin and Everly are OK.

Poor Zoey. She was only the youngest grandchild for 2 days. I can't believe they were born literally 48 hours apart. I wonder if Gil and Kelly were able to be at both.

I would say yes. Kelly and Gil flew in to FL for Zoey's birth and took an early morning flight back to TN yesterday. they talked about it in their live so the Bates Grandparents haven't gotten much sleep in the last few days. 

Everly is pretty tiny - only 18 inches and 5 pounds 4 ounces. I don’t think that’s too far off the average size of a 36 weeker, but still. You can’t tell much from the photo, but it doesn’t look like Everly is in NICU so that’s good. Hopefully everything went ok and they get to go home soon.

They had two grandsons first and now 6 granddaughters in a row. They are the opposite of the Duggars who seem to keep having grandsons. Hopefully Jinger breaks that streak.

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They had two grandsons first and now 6 granddaughters in a row. They are the opposite of the Duggars who seem to keep having grandsons. Hopefully Jinger breaks that streak.

almost right it went grandson (Bradley) Granddaughter (Allie) Grandson (Carson) and then five granddaughters in a row. (Kacie, Brooklyn, Lexie, Zoey, Everly)

anyway the Bates and the Duggars always seem to be opposite. Duggar's have 10 boys nine girls the Bates 10 girls 9 boys and now the grandkids. 

9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

almost right it went grandson (Bradley) Granddaughter (Allie) Grandson (Carson) and then five granddaughters in a row. (Kacie, Brooklyn, Lexie, Zoey, Everly)

anyway the Bates and the Duggars always seem to be opposite. Duggar's have 10 boys nine girls the Bates 10 girls 9 boys and now the grandkids. 

Oh I was thinking Carson was older than Allie for some reason.

I feel kinda bad for Zoey and Everly. Both the third child, neither is the first girl in the family, and now they’re 2 days apart. I feel like they’ll almost never have the attention all to themselves. I guess at least I’m glad that Alyssa lives in Florida, because I feel like if she lived in TN they’ll lump their birthday parties together. 

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I feel kinda bad for Zoey and Everly. Both the third child, neither is the first girl in the family, and now they’re 2 days apart. I feel like they’ll almost never have the attention all to themselves. I guess at least I’m glad that Alyssa lives in Florida, because I feel like if she lived in TN they’ll lump their birthday parties together. 

not only that but Allie's birthday is less then two weeks from Zoey's. plus Carlin's is the same day as Allie's.  well at least Everly will have the next nine months at least as the youngest unless. Whit, Tori or Micheal are currently pregnant and just haven't announced. 

19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

not only that but Allie's birthday is less then two weeks from Zoey's. plus Carlin's is the same day as Allie's.  well at least Everly will have the next nine months at least as the youngest unless. Whit, Tori or Micheal are currently pregnant and just haven't announced. 

I bet Tori will announce a pregnancy within the next few months. Then Whitney. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Tori will announce a pregnancy within the next few months. Then Whitney. 

yep i'm just waiting on the Tori announcement hopefully it won't come until after May and she graduates. meaning I hope she doesn't end up pregnant until then. I'm still holding out hope that Whit won't end up pregnant till at least June and Kaci turns 2

Glad to see Erin went to a hospital/birthing center and that she and Alyssa and the new grandkids seem to be doing okay after birth.  

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Everly is pretty tiny - only 18 inches and 5 pounds 4 ounces. I don’t think that’s too far off the average size of a 36 weeker, but still. You can’t tell much from the photo, but it doesn’t look like Everly is in NICU so that’s good. Hopefully everything went ok and they get to go home soon.

I was also a 36 weeker, 5lb. 3oz., 18" (and almost Josie Duggar small as I grew up...only got to 5'). I was adopted out, but my birth mother did at least take the time to say that I was in NICU for a while. She tried to keep me, but birth father wasn't going to leave his wife....

At any rate, I knew Erin would go early again; her other two were also 36 weekers. I just wonder if she was induced this time. She was supposed to be induced with Brooklyn basically the day after Erin went into natural labor. Yes, I asked and Erin answered this question for me. However, since she was due at the end of April, this is borderline again as to whether she was induced due to her medical condition or if she went into labor naturally.

I’m always impressed at how good Erin and Alyssa look right after giving birth. Yeah they take the time to put makeup on and do their hair, but I was even amazed at the dress Alyssa was in for her pics. I’m due in May and I plan on living in cozy clothes for quite some time after! I know they definitely want to look good for their pics since they are public figures- I’m just impressed.  Hell, I don’t look as good as them now or even pre-pregnancy :pb_lol: but I’ve never been one to do my hair or put a ton of makeup on. Add in my pregnancy anemia and I’m rocking the pale chic look 

Wow two babies so close together! Hopefully both Everly and Zoey can relish their close birthdays a d places as third child without being lumped together as one unit. They could have a really close bond as cousins which is quite special.

It would also explain why Gil and Kelly rushed back to Tennessee after visiting Alyssa. If Erin went into labour (but wasn't induced) they might have cut short their plans in Florida. To be fair though, Alyssa doesn't strike me as the sort of person that enjoys her entire family hanging around shortly after she gives birth. 

Hopefullyeveryone is just celebrating such exciting events without getting upset about who got more attention!

I'm glad that everything went well for both Erin and Alyssa. Both babies are sweet and I hope that both are the youngest in their nuclear families for a while! 

52 minutes ago, mstee said:

I’m always impressed at how good Erin and Alyssa look right after giving birth. Yeah they take the time to put makeup on and do their hair, but I was even amazed at the dress Alyssa was in for her pics. I’m due in May and I plan on living in cozy clothes for quite some time after! I know they definitely want to look good for their pics since they are public figures- I’m just impressed.  Hell, I don’t look as good as them now or even pre-pregnancy :pb_lol: but I’ve never been one to do my hair or put a ton of makeup on. Add in my pregnancy anemia and I’m rocking the pale chic look 

It bothers me more than impresses me. It's the fundie culture. You look fabulous right after birth because this is what god put you on this earth to do. I'm not saying fundies are expected to have full makeup and hair but fundie wives are definitely expected to look good all the time. Anna Marie Maxwell doesn't wear makeup but her hair was done and she was wearing her nice nightgown in pictures right after she had given birth at home. Same with her sister in law Elissa maxwell. 

I would be impressed if one of these fundies looked a hot mess in pictures posted online and didn't seem to give a single fuck. Now that would be refreshing.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived