IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

They quoted a public post on FJ, with attribution.

At least inquisitor does provide attribution.  Radar Online frequently quotes us with NO attribution, which I have called them on more than once to no avail.

As others have already said, FJ is NOT a safe space nor is it a support forum.  We are just not equipped to provide those types of services to members.  The majority of the site is open to the public and you don't have to be a member to read here.

@MadeItOut, you might find spiritual sounding board more to your liking/needs.  One of the authors there is a member here. @KatBonD may be able to give you a better idea of what SSB has to offer if you want to send her a PM.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Thanks guys!

fjbingo.png.89991567c9d4e1ad4b114adf9524475f.png

(Seriously, I hope it's clear that this is meant to be fun and I'm poking fun at myself with it, too. :P)

I also made one for watching the actual weddings:

Reveal hidden contents

fjbingo2.png.b71b3f5443ef64eb98592d0d5c8702cb.png

I love the Bingo. I have always thought it would be amazing to do a Duggar Wedding Horror Picture Show. Complete with things to through, costumes to wear and lines to shout. 

52 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

In answer to your perfectly reasonable criticism, all I can say is that it wasn't FJ that was quoted.

um.  FJ doesn't post anything. It's not a person.  It's a website made up of thousands of members who post here.  FJ never posts, unless I guess you want to consider my outlook posts or official announcements as posts of the LLC.

FJ is a public website open to everyone.   We have members from all over the world, including some fundie members who disagree with our position that fundamentalism is inherently harmful.

I'm sorry you are upset, but I believe we had the "space space" discussion with you once before and made it clear at that time they were are absolutely NOT a safe space or support group.

57 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

then a relatively anonymous (certain of the admin can identify me and very kindly haven't)

Also, we don't identify members here unless there is a reason to.  If there was a reason for us to verify your (general, not you specifically), we would not post in on the public forum unless it was something you asked us to do to verify you are who you say you are if giving "inside" information.  Even then we don't usually reveal identities, just say we have information to confirm the person is who they say they are.

The other time someone might be identified is if you (general again) are a sock.  In that case, only your other FJ identities would be outed.  Now your real identity.

We all have better things to do than try to track down the real life info on our members and we don't care who is posting here as long as they follow the rules.

Once in a while, we have a fundie that wants to be verified and they will email us in advance so we know it's them.  In those cases, for example @Ken Alexander did this so I was able to say "yes he is the real Ken Alexander" when he appeared in Lori's threads.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

I love the Bingo. I have always thought it would be amazing to do a Duggar Wedding Horror Picture Show. Complete with things to through, costumes to wear and lines to shout. 

Lines to shout:

"We're soooo happy for you guys!"

"Leave and cleave!"

"Be fruitful and multiply!"

"Precious!"

Costumes to wear:

-Wedding dresses with obvious modesty panels / alterations

-Flip-flops

-Long, wavy hair extensions

-Whatever you have in your closet that you might wear to go to Applebees on a Thursday night

Things to throw:

-Pregnancy tests

Yay bingo! I did a board for the viewing of the Joy-Austin wedding (it includes a link to board generator):

Here are words/phrases again, most are still applicable.

Spoiler

Season of life, special privileges for Josie, "so precious", such a blessing, marrying my best friend, adoring gazes,
DERICK SWIPES JILL FROM AISLE, Joshley sighting, JoKen awkwardness, unmarried sibling seen texting, Jim Bob cries, Jill requires extra attention, Carlin Bates, Bates family member sighting, unity candle, Sierra's crazy eyes, ring shot (J'austin), ring shot (JoKen), nervous Joe, food preparation scene, "omg disaster! Drama!", family wearing matching outfits, Jeremy side eyeing Derick, Jana looking genuinely happy, Jenny looking genuinely happy, Anna looking genuinely happy, Michelle is fake sympathetic and calls JB "daddy", crying, cans of hairspray, WE WANT BAYBEEZ, drawing closer to The Lawd, pickles, flashback to sibling wedding, "so um, yeah", 

18 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Just saw the video from Kendra's parents and I'm just going to come out and say it:

DILF. 

There's no bigger turn-off for me than being a homophobic, ignorant bigot. But we all have different tastes. ;)

2 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

There's no bigger turn-off for me than being a homophobic, ignorant bigot. But we all have different tastes. ;)

Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing around his inside ugliness to see his outer beauty. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ugh,the way Anna is staring at Josh in that video. 

I want to grab her and shake her and scream YOU REMEMBER WHERE HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN!  REMEMBER WHERE HIS DICK HAS BEEN! Why are you doing this to yourself, let alone your children?

3 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Wow....terrible choice of words at the end of that video.......Josh should just not be allowed to talk. Ever. Again.

Can't they keep him in the prayer closet forever?

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

So apparently Josh is allowed to film public congrats videos now... Under the spoiler do you don't have to see his stupid face if you don't want to.

"Nice to have another Duggar sister"?  Considering the source that is creepy as hell.

oh my goodness.... sure looks like Josh was a groomsman!  eeks! noticed on the video his tie matched Anna's dress... Why would you even agree to be a bridesmaid when you're like that due to give birth? I'd refuse!

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

My brother in law has a unisex name and used to date a girl with the exact same name. Something that made his older siblings really, really happy. The teasing was brutal. 

I do computer stuff of a living and most of my customers contact me via email. One customer has the same name as my niece, and I just assumed the person was a woman. Well, no, my niece's name is sometimes unisex and I embarrassed myself in meeting referring to the customer as a woman.  I'm just glad I didn't do it to their face.

5 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

Ha ha - exactly the same obsession here,  worse still given I'm from Lancashire!

I'm from Lancashire, too! And on my third cup of tea at 8am. I have a problem. Haha

9 minutes ago, Palindrome said:

I'm from Lancashire, too! And on my third cup of tea at 8am. I have a problem. Haha

Mum from Yorkshire, dad from Lancashire. I can drink whatever tea i want. Or whatever I can find here that isn't Lipton.

43 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Well yeah, but since I am on a different continent and would not actually do the dude, it was just my way of saying he is an objectively attractive man for his age. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

Every time Jill Rod is spotted is an appropriate time to sing "Let's Do the Time Warp Again."

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I guess I don't understand why they need to invite 1,000 people when they can't afford to provide proper meals for their guests, I cannot imagine going to a wedding and being offered only a cup of chip and pretzels.

*Edit: I should've continued reading, I see others have addressed these very sentiments.

But then again weddings always seem too expensive for just one day to me which is why I eloped.

Yeah, when Mr LBE and I have our wedding, the guest list will be much much smaller, but we are lucky that it is not expected in our social circles to invite 1000+ people. Our wedding will be held in a nice court house with a small guest list because we are both very practical people and don't see the sense in spending all this money on one day. But again, we are lucky that we are from a social circle where people say 'good idea, honestly, weddings are a waste of money' instead of saying it is a horrible idea.

Joe and Kendra are from a very different social background - in their culture, it would likely be seen as rude and pretentious to cut back on the guest list to provide better catering, and most guests in that culture aren't expecting a sit down meal at the reception, they are expecting some cake and finger food. 

29 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

Why would you even agree to be a bridesmaid when you're like that due to give birth? I'd refuse!

Wait, are pregnant women supposed to go into hiding like it's the Victorian days?  I was 7 months along when I was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding.  I wasn't at my most comfortable, but I wanted to be a part of their ceremony, too.  Granted, I have far fewer brothers than the Duggars do and am close to the one whose wedding I was in...but if invited, wouldn't you want to be part of a major family event? 

I dreamed last night that the surprise at the wedding was Jinger announcing that she was pregnant.  I sweartogod that it was so real--I actually SAW her saying it on a video.  Kind of thought it really happened until midday.  Perhaps I need to do a Duggar detox.

Okay, I have recovered from my Smuggar induced rage-vomiting. That video makes me feel sad and disgusted. Is this TLC priming us for Joshley's return to the show/a redemption special episode? Hope not.

I'm not sure why Joe would select him as a groomsman. The clip of him fighting back tears when he was talking about the scandals showed that he was deeply affected by turdface's actions. Nobody can be that distressed and then be all "yeah, I'm totally over it. Please stand up with me in my wedding as one of my best friends". I don't care how Godly and forgiving they claim to be.

The leghumpers may forget how upset he was, but I never will.

IMG_0222.PNG

On the topic of the Duggar Wedding Picture Show with audience participation:

Any time the Derdick character says anything, everybody says 'turd' like they're coughing.

If the Josh character makes an appearance we all yell 'fuckface.'

If Famy makes an appearance, we all yell 'Nike!'

Any time a Duggar couple kisses, all unwed couples must kiss, especially the gay ones.

Stuff to throw/bring: salty snacks, glitter, bubbles, sparklers, paper airplanes.

Activities for intermission- Adoring Stareoff, make your own cheesy inspirational chalkboard or painted wood board, decorate your own cupcake.

Donations for Planned Parenthood will be collected,

36 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Wait, are pregnant women supposed to go into hiding like it's the Victorian days?  I was 7 months along when I was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding.  I wasn't at my most comfortable, but I wanted to be a part of their ceremony, too.  Granted, I have far fewer brothers than the Duggars do and am close to the one whose wedding I was in...but if invited, wouldn't you want to be part of a major family event? 

hahaha nah.. but we're assuming Anna is like full term not 7 months.  I couldn't possible stand still for a wedding ceremony at full term... oooh the back aches.. :S  Turning down being a bridesmaid isn't like going into hiding :D I'd still go to the wedding... but Crikies... It's her 5th pregnancy.. I'd anticipate that she'd be having braxton hicks... and that was annoying as hell... At 7 months I could have done being bridesmaid.. but not full term... Ouchy ouch O.O 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived