IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

Anna and Josh are in wedding party clothes it looks like! Seeing the other videos, Anna is wearing the same dress as Jinger, Joy and Jill, and Kendra's mom. And the guy's in the wedding party had on blush ties right? So, Josh is really forgiven and accepted into this family then? Ugh awful :(

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So were he and Anna part of the wedding party or do they just happen to be wearing the colours? 

For the love of... WHEN will the f* inquisitr get it through their thick skulls: mining a *SUPPORT* forum safe space for stuff they can take into the public realm and pass it off as officially obtained consenting comment is a violation of journalistic ethics? 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

So were he and Anna part of the wedding party or do they just happen to be wearing the colours? 

It looks like it.  They look identical to the rest of the wedding party.  I don't fault Kendra for choosing Anna, but Josh?  Barf...

2 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Yup. Some of my husband's Italian family (NY Italian, to boot) are still scandalized because we had a sit-down dinner at a restaurant, with no DJ or dancing. It was nearly 18 years ago, but it still referred to as our "New England hillbilly wedding". I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't sprung for a fancy dinner and an open bar.

Are we related?   

NY Italian

Married in New England

Catered meal at a church

No music or dancing and sure as hell no booze...(BORING!)

Just now, Jenn The Heathen said:

It looks like it.  They look identical to the rest of the wedding party.  I don't fault Kendra for choosing Anna, but Josh?  Barf...

So I am going to say that M5 hasn't appeared yet. And that this family is definitely as fake as they appear to be. How are they going to blur Josh out? Or is that why they're actually taking time to do this wedding episode? :my_confused:

5 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

For the love of... WHEN will the f* inquisitr get it through their thick skulls: mining a *SUPPORT* forum safe space for stuff they can take into the public realm and pass it off as officially obtained consenting comment is a violation of journalistic ethics? 

What is this in reference to? They're mining support forums? Are they publishing private information? What's going on?

Just now, Carm_88 said:

So I am going to say that M5 hasn't appeared yet. And that this family is definitely as fake as they appear to be. How are they going to blur Josh out? Or is that why they're actually taking time to do this wedding episode? :my_confused:

Hmmm.  I'm not so sure.  I think JB would like to get Josh back in the spotlight to show his amazing redemption (eye roll).  I doubt TLC and their sponsors want to deal with all that headache though so maybe they'll find a way to edit him out.

Just now, singsingsing said:

What's going on?

I presume it is about the fact that the Inquisitor used a comment from FJ in their latest article here:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4487933/did-josh-duggar-attend-joseph-and-kendras-wedding-and-has-anna-given-birth/

Bad "journalism."  It has happened before.  Take a bow whoever made that comment.

@MadeItOut, I think that what you meant - and it is much appreciated if people link to new articles when drawing them to our attention.

Also, FJ not a "support" forum.  We don't have the capacity.  We are a snark forum that tries to be supportive of survivors of Extreme Fundamentalism.

Goodness that video of Josh and Anna was uncomfortable to watch. I feel that way about every one of these congrats videos that get posted, they always have a "gun to your head just out of camera range" type of vibe to them, but that was by far the worst. I especially like how he cut her off mid sentence. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

But honestly, what bothers me most about all these videos no matter who is in it, is how insincere and forced they always seem. What's the point if you don't seem to genuinely feel all the "nice" things you're saying except to Pharisaically draw attention to your lifestyle as being particularly "good"? Oh wait.....

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What is this in reference to? They're mining support forums? Are they publishing private information? What's going on?

This forum. 

For a field that's supposedly incredibly literate they sure keep missing that big link at the top that says we exist to discuss the damage done by these extremists. 

It's disgusting. What kind of human trolls a safe space like this because... I don't even know why they would. 

24 minutes ago, BundleofJoy said:

Anna and Josh are in wedding party clothes it looks like! Seeing the other videos, Anna is wearing the same dress as Jinger, Joy and Jill, and Kendra's mom. And the guy's in the wedding party had on blush ties right? So, Josh is really forgiven and accepted into this family then? Ugh awful :(

Anna's dress appears to be different in style from Jinger's and Kendra's mom's (haven't seen the videos from Jill or Joy). It's possible she and/or Josh were involved in some way, but outside of the wedding party.

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

Anna's dress appears to be different in style from Jinger's and Kendra's mom's (haven't seen the videos from Jill or Joy). It's possible she and/or Josh were involved in some way, but outside of the wedding party.

I suspect if Anna's dress is different it's due to her needing to find a similar dress that works for somebody that is roughly nine months pregnant. It looks so much like the other dresses that I can only assume she was in fact in the wedding party.

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I suspect if Anna's dress is different it's due to her needing to find a similar dress that works for somebody that is roughly nine months pregnant. It looks so much like the other dresses that I can only assume she was in fact in the wedding party.

That's definitely plausible too. I think either scenario is possible. We did see how well TLC hid Carlin during Joy's wedding, so they could certainly edit out Josh if he was a groomsman.

16 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

This forum. 

For a field that's supposedly incredibly literate they sure keep missing that big link at the top that says we exist to discuss the damage done by these extremists. 

It's disgusting. What kind of human trolls a safe space like this because... I don't even know why they would. 

An awful lot of our members seem to miss that big link at the top too. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I vaguely remember a reporter from one of the bigger tabloids posting here and admitting that she was picking our brains.  I can't remember if it was the Inquisitor or not.

I know I've said this before, but we are really not a particularly "safe space" as it is usually defined.  It sounds like hair-splitting but we are definitely not a Support Forum.   We are too diverse, too snarky, and lack the ability to offer concrete assistance and referrals.  It is an important distinction.

Most of us try to be supportive of Fundies in Recovery - but a few have been raked over the coals.  Not that I approve of that, unless they are obviously trolling.  We call it Fundie Friday for a reason. :)

5 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

This forum. 

We aren't a safe space. That's been made extremely clear by the Admins. Anything you post in this forum is open for anyone to see, even if they aren't a member.

If someone is concerned about sharing they have options:

1. Use a spoiler. I believe this allows only members to see what's written, but I could be wrong.

2. Post in the members only forum.

3. Don't post it at all.

And for everyone surprised about Josh possibly being in the wedding - why? The only reasons he wasn't in the last four weddings are because of the Ashley Madison scandal and because he molested the brides. Those issues aren't a factor now - Ashley Madison was over two years ago, he's on the way to "redemption", and (as far as we know) he never harmed Joseph or Kendra. 

Its easy enough for TLC to avoid showing him, even if he were in the wedding party. They did it easily enough when Carlin Bates was a Bridesmaid for Joy in May. I doubt we'll see much of him on the wedding episode regardless of whether he was in the wedding or not.

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I presume it is about the fact that the Inquisitor used a comment from FJ in their latest article here:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4487933/did-josh-duggar-attend-joseph-and-kendras-wedding-and-has-anna-given-birth/

Bad "journalism."  It has happened before.  Take a bow whoever made that comment.

@MadeItOut, I think that what you meant - and it is much appreciated if people link to new articles when drawing them to our attention.

Also, FJ not a "support" forum.  We don't have the capacity.  We are a snark forum that tries to be supportive of survivors of Extreme Fundamentalism.

It was me the barstewards quoted. - & a safe space to snark and process IS support - and presumably the reason we have that advisory that we exist to discuss the wrongs and abuses. 

I get the reading along to a certain extent, but they've shown by the way they've misrepresented us so many times that they have zero interest in bringing the dialogue to the front - they just would rather hide behind someone else's snark. 

Well bollocks to that. If I'd wanted to go into writing, I'd do it - and I would never misrepresent someone like that. I also wouldn't quote a forum conversation without as much as a message to get permission. 

I dare you inquisitr lowlife: next time you want to take my words without asking, don't pass me off as some ''expert(s) on all things Duggar".  Be honest: former fundie wife and mother left with multiple disabilities since her early twenties because her headship lucked out & wasn't successful in his attempts at battering her to death. 

Ok, so seeing Josh and Anna's video makes me nervous.  Josh looks good ( for him).  He looks like he has lost some of that weight and he seemed to have that smarmy young politician swagger again. 

I do wonder if they feel enough time has passed that they can start to bring him back and as so many have said, have a redemption tour. 

I am always amazed when I read on DFO, the comments from the diehard fans that they want Josh back on the show.  Even before the scandal, I never had the impression that anyone cared about Josh being on the show that much.  Their segments were boring.  And when they have their own featured episodes, they felt so forced.  I always felt like TLC was trying to force the viewers into being interested in J&A, but it wasn't really working.  I also had athe impression that their episodes were not highly rated. 

If Josh was one of the groomsmen, it was probably out of desperation to have the numbers on each side match.  I can't imagine that  Joe and Josh are good buddies.  I never had the impression they were close, and I doubt that has changed much. 

10 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

I also wouldn't quote a forum conversation without as much as a message to get permission. 

We are a public forum and they credited Free Jinger for the quote.

Repeat - we are not a safe space.  We are a PUBLIC FORUM.  And what @VelociRapture said x10.

If you want an admin's or Helpmeet's input on this report one of your own posts or one of mine, or VR's, to get their attention. 

46 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

So apparently Josh is allowed to film public congrats videos now... Under the spoiler do you don't have to see his stupid face if you don't want to.

Reveal hidden contents

Anna's dress is definitely different than the other known bridesmaids, but I don't see why People mag wouldn't list her if she was in the wedding party.....I'm pretty sure they have before, and they've definitely talked about her in non-wedding articles even post-scandals. Josh is wearing the wedding colors but for some reason his boutonniere looks different to me (compared to the pic of Trace)? i might be imagining that though.

25 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

@VineHeart137 ah that video, so cringe-worthy and I cannot help but read into all of Josh's facial expressions, body language, and the way he looks at anna now. It's so forced and awkward.

He's always been that way with her, like he can hardly stand to listen to her. He's such a giant douche.  She deserves so much better. Damn shame they've decided to stay together. 

32 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

FJ is NOT a safe space for religious fundamentalism victims nor a self help group. We are a free speech space, a snark forum that focusses on religious fundamentalism and in particular on highlighting its dangers. We do NOT provide help to victims. If victims find here useful information and support that's all good but that shouldn't be expected. Here people have to be able to fend for themselves, earn other members respect and are held responsible for what they personally write. If you need clarification on this please consult our guidelines and/or pm the mods.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived