IGNORED

Joy and Austin 14: Pregnant with Their First

Destiny

Pregnant or not, when a lot of people gain weight rapidly it goes first to their middle before it redistributes to the rest of the body. I know in the past when I've had to gain weight I looked pregnant at first with a big stomach but thin arms and legs.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I didn't read them that way at all. Of course they were nervous and probably embarrassed, I've seen a lot of other conservative religious people who waited to have sex till they were married express the same embarrassment when announcing a pregnancy. It's like announcing to the world and their families, "Hey, we had sex!" Plus Jill was the first Duggar daughter to get pregnant. That's a lot of pressure and a pretty glaring spotlight to be under.

Plus, the inevitable JB gross comments.  "Oh, they figured it out!".  Ew.  He was all hung up on that.  I'd be nervous too!  Too much focus on sex.  Nobody thought I was a virgin when I married and announcing my pregnancy did give me the embarrassment of yes, we had sex.   Not like I talk about it with family.  

So in conclusion, we know for fact Jill/D did not have sex before marriage. There is no way Israel could have been conceived before their wedding night and it was common knowledge that Josh was living a double life. Ya learn something new everyday. Thanks for interesting discussion on these matters.:my_heart:

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Exactly! God blessed her right away. A honeymoon baby is like a huge badge of honour to these people, it's like carrying around a neon sign that says, "GOD LOVES US AND THINKS WE'RE GREAT!" She's proud that she was blessed enough to be chosen by a godly man as a wife at the young age of 19 (youngest of all her sisters!) and she's proud that she was blessed by God immediately with a baby. It's a huge validation for her.

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm really glad to see Joy coming into her own and embracing her body. I think Joy looks beautiful.

Thank you for the welcome ☺

It's lovely that Joy seems to be coming into her own, but how sad that this is made possible by other people's approval: by Austin choosing her, by God 'rewarding' her for conforming to type with a baby.

I guess that's best case scenario, though, given her Kool Aid marinade. I hope her relationship is supportive and kind and (comparatively) honest, so she and A can grow bigger together rather than Jill and D-Wreck who seem to be getting smaller and sadder and meaner as their marriage creaks along. Bloody awful to think that these girls' whole intellectual/emotional/physical futures depend entirely on what man they hitch their wagon to. I hope Joy gets to do Joy.

As for the 'bump', early pregnancy does kind of make it harder to suck your tummy in. If Joy carries fat on her waist anyway, she won't have had to have gained weight - she just can't hold it in any more. And she won't want to anyway.

I'm another vote for the perfectly sensible argument that she's a short, voluptuous woman who's excited about having a bump to show off and who carries big.

7 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Five years ago, few people would believe Josh was sleeping with a sex worker. I long since suspected he was living a double life based on his clammy skin.

Aren't all the adult Duggars kind of buttery-looking and prone to breakouts though? There must be a LOT of scandals coming!!

44 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Aren't all the adult Duggars kind of buttery-looking and prone to breakouts though? There must be a LOT of scandals coming!!

Crappy diet, constant anxiety, and insufficient skin care/too much makeup will do that to ya.

If you ask me, the real scandal is the fact that JB and Michelle are irresponsible, child-beating, narcissistic, molestation-enabling fuckheads who sold their children to a production company and pretended their horrible actions were justified because Jeebus.

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Crappy diet, constant anxiety, and insufficient skin care/too much makeup will do that to ya.

If you ask me, the real scandal is the fact that JB and Michelle are irresponsible, child-beating, narcissistic, molestation-enabling fuckheads who sold their children to a production company and pretended their horrible actions were justified because Jeebus.

Yaasss!  Let's get into GotHard's "teachings " as well.   AKA:  making his own shit up and Duggar parents buying it hook, line, and sinker too.   The wisdom booklets as the only education besides the KJV.  Let's really talk about those jurisdictions. Mechelle's ovulation chart in the kitchen.   I want details of what JB & M actually do all day.  We could hire the "Bob's" from Office Space to interview them.  "What is it you actually do here?".  Why won't you let your kids pursue a profession or passion?  Why don't you trust them at all?  Why don't you eat weens and gravy?  Or do you......

51 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

lol. Apparently, I was wrong. I thought he looked washed out like someone who had been poisoning their body with unhealthy indulgences. His skin was sweaty and hair stringy. He just didn't look well to me; although he was not physically ill. But everyone else seems to have known that he was living a double life, prior to scandal. So moot point. When I discussed the responses here with my ultra anti- Duggar husband today, he says everyone knew Josh was a liar for years. It was really news to me. I guess I was the naive one. Then again what does my husband know? He too thinks Jill had premarital sex. lol I guess it's all just opinions.

Maybe, I read too much into Jill/D's pregnancy announcement. Although, I am sure there are other things that lead me to believe it from the very beginning until this moment. It's rare that I will jump to conclusions without foundational information. That's why I have no reason to believe that Joy was pregnant before her wedding at this point.

Clearly, I have a theme going already.  But, which *blue*/*pink*?   Which color for nails and toes?  Get fancy with it?   Decisions, decisions.   I'm hungry.

20170916_174633.jpg

Just now, Beermeet said:

Clearly, I have a theme going already.  But, which *blue*/*pink*?   Which color for nails and toes?  Get fancy with it?   Decisions, decisions.   I'm hungry.

I'm partial to the green on the left, but if you want to get fancy do something with the pale blue on the end (polka dots? swirls?)

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I'm partial to the green on the left, but if you want to get fancy do something with the pale blue on the end (polka dots? swirls?)

I agree.  That one is my favorite,  one coat and looks amazing!  Polka dots, yes!  With the coral.  TY :)

I'm partial to sparkles myself. Love those sparkly toes. We have a cold front, so I won't be able to show them off in sandals. :(

ETA When I first joined FJ  2 years ago there was a thread drift about nail polish, and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

I don't think any of the Duggar kids had sex before marriage, but man I wish they did. FU JB and M! Controlling loons!

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm partial to sparkles myself. Love those sparkly toes. We have a cold front, so I won't be able to show them off in sandals. :(

ETA When I first joined FJ  2 years ago there was a thread drift about nail polish, and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

I do love the sapphire sparkly one too!  Ugh.  So hard.

I always wanted to bust out the nail polish staaap it!  But, like The Slow Clap, you have to wait for the right time.  I felt the time was right for all and I was looking to polish my nails for real anyways.

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

When I first joined FJ  2 years ago there was a thread drift about nail polish, and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

I had read about the nail polish maneuver before I saw it in action. The first time I saw it implemented, I started laughing like a little kid. :my_biggrin: (Sometimes I'm really easily amused.)

On "Confinement", I actually heard it yesterday, how funny. It was from a friend's mama who is in the airline industry and she wanted to know when I'd enter confinement meaning "no longer able to fly". Why? Because she's a very sweet lady who's given me buddy passes for her airline to be able to fly back for the baby shower she intends on hosting. I cried, she cried, friend got tears, friend's baby didn't know why anyone was crying and so she shared the measuring cups she was playing with.

I don't know if anyone else has that fun nail polish that changes color when it's hot or cold, but it's so neat!

I don't see Jill having sex before marriage, Jill was always the one who followed all the rules and told on those who didn't follow them. If she had I think she would have felt guilty about it and admitted it by now. 

I lly dont think the Duggar kids are ever really alone with their future spouses because of their oarents paranoia they might do more than maybe kiss! JB &M have admitted they went far beyond just kissing before marriage

8 hours ago, adidas said:

@TatiFish9 be like Elsa. Let it go. 

@Beermeet my vote is for mint, since Kendra avoided it at her wedding ;)

Yeah, I'm probably not because this is a message board. In general, I like it here. So I am willing to put the effort in discussing a misunderstanding. But just like people are sensitive in regards to people guessing based off gestures or misc hunches, I am sensitive to people's attempts to control discourse through dragging, dumping and bullying. I have said nothing wrong, here. Because I have challenged someone popular, suddenly what I have said has been over exaggerated. I said several times you all were most likely right. I still believe she had premarital sex. As much as someone comments on it, so will I. 

44 minutes ago, HOTW said:

I lly dont think the Duggar kids are ever really alone with their future spouses because of their oarents paranoia they might do more than maybe kiss! JB &M have admitted they went far beyond just kissing before marriage

I thought this too, but I am no longer sure it's true once the cameras are gone. I know the couple would not go out without supervision, but not sure they are never left alone. I also wonder how often Joy and Austin received free time while working on homes. Whenever, I get a chance to watch the episodes over again for last season, I will tune into Austin's dad saying he had to get back to Joy and Austin or check back in with them. 

Of course that does not mean they're automatically having sex. However, it does suggest that there are opportunities for a couple who wanted to try or found themselves in the moment.

For the most part, I think these kids wait for marriage, especially those who embrace the religious belief themselves. Joe seems to be a true believer, but I could be wrong. It seems he and Kendra truly wanted to hold standard and have a pure courtship. His words were so tender about waiting for her. He reminds me of myself when I was a young evangelical Christian. I set high standard because I wanted them for myself. I was chaperoned, but my ex and I set our own boundaries. We did decided after the fact to hold hands. That was the most we did. However, I saw a myriad of youth finding their own way. I had a close friends who was totally rebellious but remained chaste. Though she was rumored to be sexually active, I believed her because she had no reason to lie. She was doing everything else. I had another friend who was a model christian, sexing it up at a bible college where guys were not allowed in girls dorms and vice versa.

Some people are masters at working around the rules. No way all the adult kids made it to marriage completely pure. Probability says, not so. It only matters because this is a show about the very topic. Other than that, I think two consenting adults should do what they see fit.

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I don't see Jill having sex before marriage, Jill was always the one who followed all the rules and told on those who didn't follow them. If she had I think she would have felt guilty about it and admitted it by now. 

You think she would have admitted it to her parents or to the public?

I personally think she would be afraid of their disapproval. I don't think she would tell anyone, especially if it was an impulsive decision. But if she did tell, I could see her parents keeping it to themselves. 

11 hours ago, Still have a free arm said:

I don't think any of the Duggar kids had sex before marriage, but man I wish they did. FU JB and M! Controlling loons!

Part of me hopes that Joy drawing attention to her belly size is her version of an FU to her parents and their rules.

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I agree.  That one is my favorite,  one coat and looks amazing!  Polka dots, yes!  With the coral.  TY :)

That is my vote!  I think it would look lovely :)

Perhaps a musical interlude will help lighten the mood too.  It isn't as highbrow as Queen of the Night but still ...

Remember, outrageous and offensive speculation doesn't usually last long on FJ.

Speculation (with apologies to Paul Simon)

Speculation, you're breaking my heart
You're testing my patience daily
Oh Speculation, I'm down on my knees
Well I'm begging you please tone it down, come on now

Speculation, well you're breaking my heart
You're testing my patience daily
Oh Speculation, well I'm down on my knees
Well I'm begging you please dial it back, dial it back

Wanting snark on dear FJ but Speculation takes some of the fun away
We complain to clear up the place 
When we come back to read someone's right in our face
When we come back to read someone's right in our face, I'll say