IGNORED

Joy and Austin 14: Pregnant with Their First

Destiny

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Damn I'm such a wimp now. It's 12 degrees and I'm already thinking that's cold. :( 

I just had some really delicious, mozzarella sticks. I have a food baby the size of Joy's baby bump, and I am done. I don't think that moving is in my future! 

Well now that I moved back home, I think that's freezing... :pb_lol:

I want mozzarella sticks!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make gluten free banana cupcakes with some bomb-ass nutmeg  buttercream frosting (fresh ground nutmeg). So yummy!

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I would like to talk about just how much the Bears are going to suck this year.  Ugh,  this game is painful!

You don't know football pain unless you are a Browns fan! Last Super Bowl- um, never! Last championship, 1964, and don't forget, That Man moved our beloved Browns to That City on the Eastern Seaboard.:jawdrop::tw_cry:

For non-US Football fans, yes, Cleveland got to keep the name and the team was resurrected in 1999, but they've been a special kind of awful ever since. I don't know whether to laugh or cry  when I read that some around Cleveland decorate their yard for Halloween with (fake) tombstones of all the quarterbacks the new Browns have tried. 

@Kittikatz.  I love you.   Thank you so much! :D

I don't like gouda, can I just omit it or do I need to replace it with more of the other cheeses?

@Beermeet you can just make up the difference with the other cheeses or sub in a hard cheese that you do like. Just don't add extra mozzarella - it will turn into a fonduesque mess. Yummy, but not soup. Oka would work well, or some other sort of smoked cheese if you can get it.

56 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Do you also have a latex allergy?  People who are allergic to bananas are often also allergic to  latex.

Snap!!! Thankyou for confirming that I am not weird or alone. Eating in restaurants is embarrassing when I have to mention my Banana allergy. Most folk laugh then say really????  

Latex gloves cause terrible dermatitis which requires weeks of steroid creams. #1 son has the same problem.  I always wear non-latex gloves when peeling potatoes, making pastry or doing anything that involves starch. Years ago, when hospital laundries used Starch in everything, the hospital (where I trained) pharmacy department had handwash and moisturiser made up specially for me as the ones supplied on the wards wrecked my skin.

Hugs to all fellow Banana allergy sufferers.

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

I would like to talk about just how much the Bears are going to suck this year.  Ugh,  this game is painful!

Still are prob better than my Jets....I've come to enjoy the pain.  That said, it looks like they may have actually come to the game this week.  Still to early in the game to tell....

I take that back...I think they just left the stadium :(

This weekend I made bread & butter pickles. Yummy on burgers and sandwiches.  Next weekend I'll be making mom's fruit ketchup.  Last year was my first time making it - my mother is in her 80s so I thought I should take over.  OMG, I cannot believe how much prep is involved, but it's so worth it!

Wishing I had some over ripe bananas right now.  Yumm, no nuts, no raisins nothing to muck it up. Chocholate chips are good, cinnamon chips are better.  

This is how I spent my afternoon.  Chicken noodle soup, made the stock myself and everything, can't wait until I can put it all together and eat it. 

21462918_10155223980688736_730597612712932369_n.jpg

21557437_10155223980843736_1548101740803732902_n.jpg

Don't even get me started on latex gloves - and all the bloody latex bits on some nylons, bras, panties and stockings. Exposure to the bloody stuff makes my skin swell so badly it splits and I'm (also) allergic to most kinds of cortisone, so treatment options are limited. If I do get exposed, I wind up chewing benedryl as I frantically look for a sink to try to get it off....

Mostly I just avoid eating out - its like playing Russian roulette stress wise and explaining the bananas/kiwi, chocolate (yes, god fucking hates me) and shellfish allergies is just too challenging to be undertaken lightly - I always feel like a neurotic when I start listing them off, and I don't trust the kitchens not to mess something up. 

I also have problems with starch. Is the bloody stuff made with bananas?? My Grandmother was pure evil and used to freaking starch everything - even sheets and cotton night gowns. Staying with her for the weekend was a guarantee of full body dermatitis.

Student nurse uniforms back in 1970s England had detachable collars starched stiff. I had to wash mine through after collecting them from the hospital laundry. Woollen vests caused me huge problems as a child. I took mine off on arrival at school then put it back on to go home. I was eventually taken to the Doctors because of my constant rash. The Doctor yelled at my mother " get this child some bloody cotton vests" I was six years old. I could have hugged that Doctor. 

I get terrible rashes from latex too, though I think technically I'm just sensitive to latex, not allergic. I once wore latex gloves and got a rash that I couldn't get clear for literally years.

At least latex gloves don't seem to be very common anymore. Most places have nitrile gloves these days. 

59 minutes ago, xlurker said:

Still are prob better than my Jets....I've come to enjoy the pain.  That said, it looks like they may have actually come to the game this week.  Still to early in the game to tell....

I take that back...I think they just left the stadium :(

Aw, I'll root for them for you! I met a guy on the team once in an elevator. He was very nice, despite being very drunk. 

30 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is how I spent my afternoon.  Chicken noodle soup, made the stock myself and everything, can't wait until I can put it all together and eat it. 

:shocked: Amazing!!!! I want some!! I've never tried something like that before!! Wow!! 

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

I make gluten free banana cupcakes with some bomb-ass nutmeg  buttercream frosting (fresh ground nutmeg). So yummy!

Ummm, I might need that recipe.....

@Kittikatz I feel your pain in eating out.  Not as many allergies as you, but Celiac Disease + shellfish allergy = a whole lot of Russian Roulette. 

@singsingsing if that Polar Vortex ever comes back in my lifetime,  it is too soon. That was awful.

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Aw, I'll root for them for you!

Thanks, we need all the help we can get!  The announcers even mentioned the Heidi game--long suffering Jets fans will understand   ;)

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

omg yummmm. Recipe?? and I really need a good zucchini bread recipe! (does not have to be gf)

Pleasee?

14 minutes ago, xlurker said:

Thanks, we need all the help we can get!  The announcers even mentioned the Heidi game--long suffering Jets fans will understand   ;)

I don't understand the reference, but I understand your pain. Where I come from I just assume my teams will lose. :) 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Damn I'm such a wimp now. It's 12 degrees and I'm already thinking that's cold. :( 

20 Celsius and i was freezing. To be Fair it's nightime, i was in a tank top and i haven't been out of my house since Wednesday when it was still hot as fuck :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

Are these really GF?  Can you share the recipe please?

As long as you use quick oats not processed in a facility where cross contamination can occur, they're gluten free. 

1/2 c. Butter

1 3/4 c. Sugar

1/2 c. Milk

4 T. Cocoa 

1/2 c. Peanut butter

3 c. Quick cooking oats (NOT old fashioned) 

1 t. Vanilla

Dash of salt

Combine the first four ingredients is a saucepan and over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and oats. Drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper. Let cookies set up & enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

You don't know football pain unless you are a Browns fan! Last Super Bowl- um, never! Last championship, 1964, and don't forget, That Man moved our beloved Browns to That City on the Eastern Seaboard.:jawdrop::tw_cry:

For non-US Football fans, yes, Cleveland got to keep the name and the team was resurrected in 1999, but they've been a special kind of awful ever since. I don't know whether to laugh or cry  when I read that some around Cleveland decorate their yard for Halloween with (fake) tombstones of all the quarterbacks the new Browns have tried. 

I feel your pain. I grew up in between Akron and Cleveland (Boston Heights), and I remember the Browns drama well. My mom claims that one of the first phrases I said as a baby was "Go Browns!" and "Touchdown!" when we had the games on. I'm still dubious about the "touchdown" part....

The Browns are still my number one team, but I'm not going to lie, it's kind of fun living in a state whose football team is actually good and has quarterbacks for more than one season at a time (Green Bay). 

44 minutes ago, adidas said:

I hate that you have to scroll through the blogger's life story to get to the recipe. Just tell me how to bake it!

Ugh, yes, I just want a recipe, not a long story and pictures of every single step. I know how to salt to taste, I don't need pictures of someone else doing it!

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I remember that! I took this screen shot one night (I live near Detroit). I was outraged! :pb_lol::

detroitwindchill.jpg.f2bacdb7621a335876de22da2465b7bc.jpg

My dad is from northern Ontario. He told me it snowed on his birthday (early August) more than once. When my grandparents were first married, they lived in the mountains in northeastern Quebec. When my grandma brought my uncle home from the hospital (mid September) there was three feet of snow on the ground. No, that's not an exaggeration. She once opened her front door and couldn't leave the house because the snow was up over the height of the door.

No thanks.

Ugh, the extended Polar Vortex year. I actually managed to miss that when I should've been in it, though thankfully my area wasn't in the utterly ridiculous section of the Vortex. I live in Illinois but had been on the West Coast over the holiday break, and they cancelled my return flight on Monday (the day of this forecast) and rebooked me for Wednesday, which I then postponed again to Thursday due to worries about short connections. It meant my being stuck in the "cold" of the mid 40s several extra days while I looked at the weather near my home and shuddered. I wasn't complaining! And by the time I made it back at the end of the week it had thankfully gotten a little more bearable. Sorry to everyone who did get caught in it!

The polar vortex winter was my first year in Baltimore - it was by far the coldest winter I ever experienced, and wasn't help by living near the water front and having serious heating problems in my apartment all winter (we had a minor electric fire that knocked out the building heat for 6 weeks - the lanlord provided space heaters and waiver rent for duration, but it suuucked). Now I'm mentally preparing for my first New England niter, no really not looking forward to it. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived