IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

The duggars have almost NO advertisers on their show.  Most have explicitly stated they will NOT air during the Duggar shit show.  I think this will chase away the few that remain.

IIRC (I could be wrong) reworking the contracts after Joshley Madison costed advertisers quite a bit of money? When contract renewals come up they might specify no Duggars but idk if this one idiot popping off at the mouth would be worth it to them. 

Also, I haven't watched CO in a while but last time I watched there were several large advertisers like Swiffer and Aflac. Just 3 or 4 of those big brands willing to air during Duggar time is enough money to keep them floating. 

@MadeItOut As much as I don't like what Derek stated in his views he never threatened harm in anyway. To make what he did illegal would cause a free speech and censorship uproar and I have to say I am glad we can say whatever we want to whoever we want... even though that door swings both ways.   Now if it became a reoccurring issue I'm sure there are some cease and desist type orders Jazz could file but I don't speak legalese.

47 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

This smells of bull shit from afar. I know nothing about US law but who wrote this shit isn't risking to be sued for libel?

Blind items get around that by never including names, only vague hints. They can be as outlandish and wild as they want with their accusations because they are for entertainment purposes and never accuse anyone directly. I find them fun because they're almost all totally fictional. It is more of an "lol, I wouldn't even be shocked if this was real, tho." kinda thing. This is just a way to get a little low stab in at Dickwad Dillard. It made me laugh gleefully. 

But like, seriously, I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL. He's been vaguebooking weirdly left and right about walking through darkness or some shit. And we shouldn't trust our hearts and minds? That could be an admission of repressed gay feelings, if you squint at it. Plus we know he's controlling and cruel to animals. Signs that point to potentially violent nature behind closed doors, in my humble armchair psych opinion. 

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

I don't have time to scroll everything cause we are at warp speed on this thread and rightfully so.  Is there an accepted copy/paste TLc email floating around that I can use?  *snip*

Yeah, someone posted her/his very articulate msg to TLC and said folks were welcome to use it as a template guide for their own - check back around pages 6-7 of this thread and I think you'll find it there.

9 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Latest tweet from Derick. 

SEE? Repressed. Gay. Feelings. :pb_lol:

For real though, has Zika addled his brains? He's been talking some real culty nonsense for a while now.

ETA maybe it is because I'm not a Christian, but that second tweet screams delusional instability to me. He obviously thinks he sounds like a righteous preacher, but he actually sounds like a lunatic. 

34 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

This is basically what it all boils down to re: pulling the Duggars off the air, honestly. They are both entertainment shows. Neither of them are docu-series, or media/news, or any other area where transphobia would be an issue. I know a lot of people in here said Jazz did the show to spread awareness and education, which might have been her original intent, but when push comes to shove...they are reality shows. They are also two of TLCs cash cows, so Counting On will continue.  *snip*

Having watched Jazz's show from its early days and recently, I would argue that education is still the family's primary intention. 

The Duggars come across to me as grifters who offer up fluff for a paycheck and aren't completely honest about their very narrow conservative Christian worldview on their show, but I don't see the "Jennings" family (not their real last name, I read somewhere) in the same way. Their agenda seems crystal clear to me.

Ok, I know it's not great and probably full of spelling and grammar mistakes but this is what I sent TLC. I had to literally write it on my phone walking down the hall.  I don't think they will cancel the whole show but I don't want that douche canoe or his head in he sand wife getting another cent from them.

Spoiler

You have lost another viewer as long as you continue to support the Dillard Family after the blatant cyber bullying that has occurred.  Derick Dillard and his family need to be removed from counting on.  Bullying like this has lead to suicide.  Stand behind your own campaign!  By continuing to pay this man and his wife you are showing support of his horrible behavior.  Saying his views are not yours is not enough.  Take action!
Sincerely hope you will do the right thing,
Former TLC Viewer

Sweet merciful that blind item was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in this thread and that's saying a lot. 

Maybe it's my sleep deprived brain  (7am and I haven't slept yet) but I could barely make sense of it. 

6 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Having watched Jazz's show from its early days and recently, I would argue that education is still the family's primary intention. 

The Duggars come across to me as grifters who offer up fluff for a paycheck and aren't completely honest about their very narrow conservative Christian worldview on their show, but I don't see the "Jennings" family (not their real last name, I read somewhere) in the same way. Their agenda seems crystal clear to me.

This!!  I have followed Jazz since way before her TLC show.  She was on TV shows, had written a book.  Her family started a charity to benefit trans youth.  Now with her show, they put it all out there...the good, the bad and the ugly. And it always seems real.

Now the dirtbag Duggars on the other hand.......

2 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Having watched Jazz's show from it's early days and recently, I would argue that education is still the family's primary intention. 

I don't disagree! I just think the two shows do the same thing for the network so D-wreck blabbing on isn't likely to nix the show. 

5 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Derick is literally rambling; I wonder what on earth goes on inside his head. 

IMG_0273.PNG

Oh my....are we witnessing a total derailment???

It sounds like self-soothing with all these people coming after him. Because he fully believes he's in the right

"These people are attacking me so i'm going to believe that this is satan. Satan has possessed these many people. This is God testing me. More bible verses. More bible verses"

He and trump are both Shweeters. People who tweet while they shit. Maybe he's having a hard time passing a particularly lumpy poop and he needs the Lords help

41 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Sweet merciful that blind item was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in this thread and that's saying a lot. 

Maybe it's my sleep deprived brain  (7am and I haven't slept yet) but I could barely make sense of it. 

All of CDAN (Crazy Days and Nights) blind items are incomprehensible.  They also say on the site that some of the items are made up and not true.  

This one is crazier than usual though.

I think Derrick is going full on Kurtz myself.

"Everyday, I seek to be less like the natural spiritual state I was born with and more like my lord whom I confess, Jesus Christ"?

This must be what he tells his barbers when they suggest a closer shave and haircut.

Honestly, having known way too many fundies and evangelicals and still having many on my social media, Derick's tweets are just standard, "I shall post Bible quotes so people will find Jesus" stuff. And I can't tell you how many sermons at Christian school chapel I sat through on the "overcoming the flesh" theme which is what these verses point to. Your natural desires are all evil and sinful, even eating gets categorized as a "desire of the flesh" sometimes. Derick could be referring to a craving for Cheetos. It is all part of how they over-spiritualize every damn thing. 

ETA: I feel like the name "derek" is the male version of "michaela" when it comes to spelling. I had kids named both with 45 different spellings. I always have to look to see how to correctly spell Mr. Dillard's name. 

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Honestly, having known way too many fundies and evangelicals and still having many on my social media, Derick's tweets are just standard, "I shall post Bible quotes so people will find Jesus" stuff. And I can't tell you how many sermons at Christian school chapel I sat through on the "overcoming the flesh" theme which is what these verses point to. Your natural desires are all evil and sinful, even eating gets categorized as a "desire of the flesh" sometimes. *snip*

Yep; though to some who aren't familiar with New Testament language and fundy Christian culture, this may sound totally loony, it's not out of left field.

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

He needs to ask Jesus to take the wheel and the twitter button!

Maybe General Kelly needs to take his phone away!

Except, Derick that if you want to be more like Jesus other than in your appearance, you have to have a pure heart. Jesus went right in amongst the sick, the poor, those who truly needed him. He even forgave those who sentenced him to death. Jesus was the human incarnate of love and compassion. Being nasty to people who don't share your exact beliefs isn't sharing God's great love Derick!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived