IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

3 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Except, Derick ...

You need to tweet this back to him.

Maybe if people reminded him, in a nice Christian way, what Christianity is really about, he might see the light?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Derick has said anything the the rest of the Duggar, Dillard, Seewald, Forsyth, Keller or Voulu families don't believe. Their teachings are extremely anti gay/trans. They only support and show love and caring to people who have a very similar mindset. Derick has only vocalized what the others all believe. I imagine they have all sent him supportive messages, while shaking their heads and hoping they don't lose any more sponsors. Since they don't drink, I imagine them sitting around toasting Derick with Sweet Tea! 

I think Satan has built a fortress around the last shred of intelligence in Derick's close-minded brain.

People are talking on twitter about something that happen at OSU athletics. Could be just talk or maybe dip shit has a scandal of his own.  (Cue dramatic music)

Derick isn't crazy, y'all. He doesn't have a brain tumour. He didn't murder anyone. He's not on drugs. He's just a garden variety holier-than-thou angry religious asshole. They're a dime a dozen.

Ever wonder who among the Duggar clan is responsible for lurking around here?

Is it the sound guy? Family friend? Derick? Jim Bob? Paid intern at TLC?

Can you just imagine how that conversation goes? "Well, buddy, i hate to tell you about these sinners, but there's something you oughtta know, friend"

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

He's just a garden variety holier-than-thou angry religious asshole.

I wonder what's the catalyst for his anger? He used to be religious, but not so angry.

Josh? JB and M Duggar?

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder what's the catalyst for his anger? He used to be religious, but not so angry.

Josh? JB and M Duggar?

How he could have allowed himself to fuck up his life so much?

@CreationMuseumSeasonPass

I don't know, but if I was his mother (I have a son who will be 27 in a few weeks), I would be heartbroken. 

My son works, lives in a big city with 3 friends- they rent a big old house. He has a million things going on- has on on/off again girl friend and a billion friends, travels, stays in touch....I just can not imagine his life ending up like Derjerk's life.

The best part, he is mentally and physically healthy and happy.

26 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

People are talking on twitter about something that happen at OSU athletics. Could be just talk or maybe dip shit has a scandal of his own.  (Cue dramatic music)

Probably this: 

sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/08/03/kept-oklahoma-state-ex-texas-am-signee-alton-robinson-looking-new-school

Nothing at all to do with mascots or Derick. 

I still say it is normal fundie crap. He may have woke up with a craving for fudge or the notion that maybe drinking a beer would not turn him into an alcoholic and ruin his life and has to remind himself and all of us that human desires are evil and sinful. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Honestly, having known way too many fundies and evangelicals and still having many on my social media, Derick's tweets are just standard, "

Glad you pointed this out. It is just standard evangelical/fundy thinking. And it can really screw you up.

You are taught to never trust yourself ("...heart is deceitful...and desperately wicked..." Jeremiah 17:9) and to elevate the Bible as the only source of absolute truth 2 Timothy 3:16,17:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Marital problems - Bible; kid on drugs - Bible; depressed - Bible; out of work - Bible... If problems are not resolving, then wait on the Lord or seek out "nouthetic counseling," in which everything points to your sin. Honestly, it's a pretty fucked up way to live.

(Former evangelical, former Sunday school teacher, former Bible Study Fellowship leader, former submissive wife, mom of a gay son, friend of several wonderful transgender women, and now FINALLY future SLP who, among many job responsibilities, will work in clinic to help transgender women speak in a feminine vocal register)

From the way this was all over the click-bait news "Derick Dillard attacks transgender TLC star Jazz Jennings!!" I think he was paid or goaded by the network to tweet what he already thinks, to drum up business.

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Josh? JB and M Duggar?

Reality TV.

"Television ate my family."  Lance Loud, first reality show star.

1 minute ago, DinglyDoll said:

Marital problems - Bible; kid on drugs - Bible; depressed - Bible; out of work - Bible... If problems are not resolving, then wait on the Lord or seek out "nouthetic counseling," in which everything points to your sin. Honestly, it's a pretty fucked up life way to live.

I'm not religious anymore (grew up Catholic) but went to my friend's pentecostal church after she was born again to support her, I've known her my entire life. How highly they praised the Bible genuinely concerned me. They were told to pray for those who were sick and hurt (pretty standard) but afterwards were recommending those with depression or eating disorders etc. to look in the Bible for healing and strength. No. You go to a doctor. Faith can be useful for many and help aid a full recovery, but it cannot ever be used as a substitute for medical intervention.

I had other issues with her church (my infant baptism meaning I could never, ever be considered a Christian, for one - very loving and accepting) but that was what stuck out to me. It was dangerous. She was brought into the Church at a time when she was really vulnerable and I'm ecstatic it helped give her the strength to get out of a bad situation, but religion and a holy book can never be everything. Sin doesn't cause depression or eating disorders, issues with brain chemistry do, and for that you need a doctor and counselling, not to be told you're not a good enough Christian to be fixed.

Sorry for the rant, that just really angered me, and seeing a family like the Duggars propagating it on television/their social media only makes it worse.

If you want to understand what fundies, i.e., fundamental Christians believe, read Bruce Gerencser's blog. He was a former Southern Baptist pastor (i.e., super conservative/evangelical) who has a brilliant mind and is a brilliant writer. He really regrets giving so much of his life to "the cause" and is now an atheist. (I agree so much with him, but I'm not an atheist. I see too much beauty and serendipity not to believe in some higher power.) He writes well on so many topics, but I have linked one pertinent to this conversation.

https://brucegerencser.net/series/do-evangelical-beliefs-cause-psychological-damage/

I meant to ask quite a few pages back about Derick saying his child was manipulative for saying "I love you". A poster mentioned it and I'd love the know the story about that. 

3 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

Sin doesn't cause depression or eating disorders, issues with brain chemistry do, and for that you need a doctor and counselling, not to be told you're not a good enough Christian to be fixed.

Sorry for the rant, that just really angered me, and seeing a family like the Duggars propagating it on television/their social media only makes it worse.

Usually with pentecostals/charismatics (a lot of them prefer the latter label now), sin also causes all physical illness. The ones I worked with would even blame a person's sins for normal life issues like a car needing a repair.  

Here's something I find interesting and have been wondering about.  So in my opinion, Jim Bob D cares about two things.  His religious beliefs and all that entails, including controlling everything and everybody, and then money of course.  So even though he was very anxious to marry off all of those girls, he had to approve the men (maybe even chose them).  They all diligently filled out their questionnaires and agreed to side hugs and first kiss in front of Mamma and Daddy (except Jessa and Ben's FU Daddy, haha).  So I would really love to hear how he really feels now that he can't control these men that he gave his daughters away to.  I don't think he has any control over Jeremy and I'm sure he can't stand seeing Jinger wearing her pants in public.  But Derick may have just gone too far even for Jim Bob.  He is indeed biting the hand that feeds ALL OF THEM.  Even though I'm sure Jim Bob agrees with Derick, he has never minded taking TLC's money and being a part of the TLC lineup with Honey Boo Boo, Kate Plus 8 and Jazz.  I wonder how he deals with these things that must infuriate him, but he can't control, especially if it hits him in his wallet.  And we all know that in that world, having a daughter get a divorce would be way worse than having a son who is an incestuous child molester and adulterer.

But I do also wonder if this was possibly orchestrated by TLC and maybe even Jim Bob to get attention.  Maybe Jim Bob has heard that there is no such thing as bad publicity.  I hope there are no Duggar sex tapes in the works, haha!

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The ones I worked with would even blame a person's sins for normal life issues like a car needing a repair.  

Okay, that is legitimately insane in my opinion. If that were the case, I should have a million life problems! I've never been the 'correct' Christian, after all. What a weird thing organised religion can do.

Still dangerous when it means people won't go and get the help they need because they can 'fix' it themselves.

Yeah...I'm in the "Derrick isn't crazy, just an asshole camp." 

I also don't think this was orchestrated by JB for attention...I don't think they're that clever. At most, Derrick's probably trying to be relevant again/holy again after he got dissed by Jinger's hubby...and I think while most of them probably at the end of the day agree with Derrick, I doubt that they'd have it in them to pick fights with girls like Jazz.

I'm a bit more surprised that Derrick was the one to do that, and not the Seewalds or the Vuolos...the Dillards always seemed less "fire and brimstone" in the sense that they tried to be a bit more discrete about their hatefulness.  

4 minutes ago, mstee said:

I meant to ask quite a few pages back about Derick saying his child was manipulative for saying "I love you". A poster mentioned it and I'd love the know the story about that. 

Fundies are taught that children are born under original sin and are not "saved" until they can accept Christ. They have to be "trained" and have their will broken to not act out of that sin. So every natural behavior is suspect. It doesn't surprise me that he would look to a child's kindness or expression of love as manipulation. Many use the Ezzos training book, "On Becoming Babywise." The Ezzos were established in John MacArthur's church and were asked to leave. So that ought to tell you something! I am very thankful that as a new mom  I ran into a few people who made me "Ezzowise," so that I didn't buy into their shit. 

http://fresnofamily.com/parenting/ap/dangers-of-ezzo-babywise/

I always parented with my heart,  because my love for my kid overcame everything. When he was a child I was always told that he was manipulative, and later when he was a young adult that I needed to exercise tough love. What was really wrong was that he was on the autism spectrum, extremely intellectually gifted, and trying to deal with understanding that he was gay in a Christian fundy environment. But you can never go wrong with love. And today I have a brilliant, successful, happy, energetic, thought leader of a son.

Derick is not as good as the others at "hiding his crazy." I know you guys are saying this is general/standard fundy speak but holy shit, it sounds like he (they if it is really standard) are completely off the rails.

Also, Derick has failed in his mission, at least where I'm concerned. Prior to his outburst, I had a much harsher view on transgender issues. Not anything like Derick's I'm sure but was torn on bathroom issues, whether or not it's a mental illness, etc. I wanted to be all "live and let live" but there was still a part of me that was hesitant about it. Not sure if I'm getting my actual thoughts across well. Derick motivated me to watch I am Jazz for the first time. I see now that trans people aren't mentally ill or creeps with bad intentions, rather they are just people doing their best to live life in a way that makes them feel comfortable in their skin. 

38 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Usually with pentecostals/charismatics (a lot of them prefer the latter label now), sin also causes all physical illness. The ones I worked with would even blame a person's sins for normal life issues like a car needing a repair.

Yes, this has been my experience, too.  Kids' babysitter once told me that nightmares are caused by Satan.  I am sure the expression on my face told her what I thought, since I rendered mute at that particular moment.  

11 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by his views at all. If he had said these things about Caitlyn Jenner I don't think it would be receiving that much attention.

You're almost certainly right. He also wouldn't be recieving this attention if he'd just tweeted what he tweeted about transgender identity in general without reference to a particular person. That said, I'd love to see Caitlyn Jenner stomp on this little prick for bullying a child. I am not a particular fan of Jenner, but she doesn't seem like someone who would suffer fools like DWreck gladly. If he was stupid enough to attack her, or someone she cared about and she chose to respond (which I doubt, because he's not even z-list), I bet she'd shred him... :popcorn:

17 hours ago, Georgiana said:

You are a kind person, but when do we stop treating Jill like a child and instead like an adult?  We ask that all the time around here, but I think it is an important thing to discuss in this context.  Jill is a married mother of two.  She's not a child anymore.  Jazz is the child, Jazz is the one that didn't ask for this, and Jazz is handling this marvelously.

So why give Jill pity? 

I flip flop on Jill, in essence she is a kidult, she is 27, married with 2 children, but emotionally she appears to be about 14.  I think her of all the older girls was in the deepest of this cult, being the tattle tale and the "perfect" people pleasing child she bought fundiedum hook line and sinker.  The other 4 seem to have moments of this is such bull shit, while Jana &  Jessa tow the family line publicly, Jessa, is her families headship and she wants it that way.  Jana for what ever reason is NOT marrying, and I get the impression it is by choice. Jinger ran off with Jeremy didn't get pregnant,  put on some shorts and a tank top and said screw you dad, even if she's still fundy she isn't Dugger fundy anymore. It is still to early to tell about Joy, but I'm guessing it won't be long (if she's not already) before she's in jeans working on flipping houses with Austin. 

But Jill, Jill can't function on her own, but the rest of her sisters can, why is that? Is Derrick that horrible to her? Is that the problem, could he be abusive? I hate to go there but it is apparent he has a temper, he can be verbally degrading when in a mood. Could he be pissed that she isn't "woman enough" to deliver vaginally, her c/sections put a damper on him being JB 2.0? Things shifted exponentially after Izzy was born, they both seemed pretty content up until that point.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived