IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

I don't think it's a big deal that Izzy is with his grandmother, but that does seem like a long time for a toddler to be away from his mom.

My mom had a baby when I was 2 and I remember staying at a friend's house where I was allowed to watch tv (we didn't have one at home). I have absolutely no memory of meeting my brother for the first time the next day; it was getting to watch tv that stuck with me. :pb_lol:

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

It would be wonderful if we didn't make women feel they had to do everything.  Just imagine what that would be like. . . 

I do wonder about the first child feeling ignored or pushed out.  Not sure what the solution is, but kids can feel upset when younger siblings come.

I just edited my post to address this :)   In our Church, it was treated like a celebration.  So the kids didn't feel like they were getting "pushed out", but rather that their parents had to be home doing BORING baby work while they got to go out and do all SORTS of fun things to celebrate the new baby.  Big kid stuff, cuz they were BIG KIDS now.  And because they mainly saw their parents for a short time while other adults were around, someone else could take the infant while the parents interacted with the toddler, which helped to buffer feelings of being ignored for the new child.  

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

But wouldnt you expect them to post a pic of Izzy facetiming Samuel?  Thats whats so weird to me.  

I would, but some kids just aren't easy to corral with a new infant.  One of my friends has very few photos of himself and his newborn sister because he was just so disinterested in her and unwilling to sit for photos.  In the few shots they have, he's usually scowling because he is being FORCED to sit there and hold the baby.  He might as well have been in time-out!

I'm actually kind of happy, because NO photos is much better than some of the photos we see where the kids are CLEARLY miserable being forced to pose with the new baby.  

Not saying this isn't weird.  It is, for the Duggars.  But I've known more than a few toddlers who were COMPLETELY over their new baby sibling when they realized the sibling couldn't really interact with them yet.  Toddlers and newborns can be really hit and miss.  Izzy might find Sam boring, be unwilling to interact with him in brand-approved fashion, and Jill and Derick might be too tired to force the matter.  

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Well I have nothing to snark. Cute picture, lovely outfit, gorgeous baby. I also find him a nice mix between Spurgeon and JD. 

This would have been an adorable outfit for the gender reveal! Happy to see Sam looking healthy.

New theory, what if they are both fine and doing well but just don't want to deal with the public?  It would be the greatest slam to us snarkers if they were fine this whole time and secretly sharing photos within the family and to certain close friends. Also, when was the last time that we knew for certain that Izzy wasn't home? He could be back already. And the last picture with Cathy could even be from her visiting him at their house. 

A few thoughts:

1. Samuel is still cute as a button. I think he favors Derick much more than Izzy (who was just as cute) did at that age. He looks like he's doing perfectly fine to me. 

2. Velocibaby wore pajamas exclusively for the first few weeks of her life. Partly because it was so much easier and partly because it was tough enough finding the preemie sized clothes we had. So I'm slightly impressed by anyone able to wrangle a newborn into a cute outfit like Samuel is wearing. 

3. Like @SilverBeach said earlier, they'll release whatever information they feel like sharing when they feel like sharing it - as is their right as parents. Their kid, their decision what to share and when to share it. No amount of worrying or speculating will make them share information faster. 

4. I still don't find the lack of public information - i.e. a family photo, photos with Izzy, information about the birth - overly concerning. Maybe TLC told them to stay quiet. Maybe they've decided they just don't give a shit about appeasing the masses right after they welcomed another baby. Maybe they're just tired from caring for a newborn or maybe Izzy has been a nightmare when they've seen him or... you get the idea. As of right now, there are many possible explanations for their decision to stay quiet and I think people should keep that in mind.

5. I'm sure the Admins would have stepped in already if any of the medical discussion wasn't allowed... but I just want to go on record as saying some of it has personally made me a bit uncomfortable - specifically the discussions surrounding Samuel's possible health issues, as well as speculation about Jill's physical health and emotional or mental state. I'm not saying no one should ever be allowed allowed to speculate on those things because I don't like it. I just want to urge anyone speculating on those areas to please proceed with caution and respect - not just for Jill and Samuel, but for anyone reading here who may have dealt with or may currently be dealing with similar issues. 

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

New theory, what if they are both fine and doing well but just don't want to deal with the public?  It would be the greatest slam to us snarkers if they were fine this whole time and secretly sharing photos within the family and to certain close friends. Also, when was the last time that we knew for certain that Izzy wasn't home? He could be back already. And the last picture with Cathy could even be from her visiting him at their house. 

I've pretty much been saying this since the speculation bus started up after his birth. :pb_lol:

Didn't they post other pics of him in this outfit??? Maybe it isn't all that recent.

6 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Didn't they post other pics of him in this outfit??? Maybe it isn't all that recent.

I don't believe so. There was a photo of him in a dark blue onesie that said "Little brother," but I don't recall seeing the elephant onesie. I feel confident that this photo is more recent than the last batch.

8 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Just looked at the earlier released photos and didn't see any in the elephant outfit.

I to thought Izzy was home, maybe Cathy is helping out while DWreck *gasp* works away from home? So achy takes Izzy to run around and have fun and lets Jill sit quietly with Sammy? It would be no different than when my sister had #2 and sent #1 to daycare so she could spend a few hours a day with her new baby like she did her 1st. This way big brother gets to have fun and not be bored sitting around watching mommy fuss over the loud screaming thing they brought home?

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Hopefully sweet Samuel is free from any Zika related issues.

If they continue to have pregnancies in Zika prone SCA I will be disgusted beyond words. They are assholes to do this when they are not natives of a nation where Zika is more prominent. 

Speaking from personal experience Yes!  The brain malformations and resulting seizures associated with Zika are a family's worst nightmare and can require round the clock care and an advanced team of medical professionals and therapists.  Sam is adorable!  Trust me he looks just fine to me, good tone, right size head, right in the eyes.  Jill is very lucky and I wish her well in her recovery whatever did or didn't go down.  I love the button nose too.  My sisters have that nose and I ended up with a shnozz.

Samuel is a cutie. He definitely looks like his big brother (and several of the Duggar boys). I think it is the nose. 

Even Ellie and Lily have addressed the lack of substantive news from the Dillards. They just posted the pic as well and said "No further information has been made public about the details of the birth or Jill's recovery, but when any announcements are made, we will share it with you all." So either they are a little concerned themselves, or have at least been getting comments from their readers about it.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/07/new-photo-of-samuel-dillard.html

11 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Even Ellie and Lily have addressed the lack of substantive news from the Dillards. They just posted the pic as well and said "No further information has been made public about the details of the birth or Jill's recovery, but when any announcements are made, we will share it with you all." So either they are a little concerned themselves, or have at least been getting comments from their readers about it.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/07/new-photo-of-samuel-dillard.html

I think that's fairly standard for them to post a statement like that. Probably preempts a bunch of comments asking if they know anything. 

Samuel looks like a darker complected Izzy.  He is very sweet, and thankfully looks healthy.  

Randon thought, perhaps Jill & DerWreck got a visit from CPS or had a 'come to Jesus' lecture from a doctor regarding their blatant stupidity in handling her births, and were told that they risked her & her babies life for their misinformed beliefs in medicine/science and child birth.  Perhaps they are embarrassed about how foolish they were, and they should be. Things may have been sketchy initially w/ her & or Samuel's health but they were lucky and recovered thanks to quick TRAINED medical intervention.

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Samuel looks like a darker complected Izzy.  He is very sweet, and thankfully looks healthy.  

Randon thought, perhaps Jill & DerWreck got a visit from CPS or had a 'come to Jesus' lecture from a doctor regarding their blatant stupidity in handling her births, and were told that they risked her & her babies life for their misinformed beliefs in medicine/science and child birth.  Perhaps they are embarrassed about how foolish they were, and they should be. Things may have been sketchy initially w/ her & or Samuel's health but they were lucky and recovered thanks to quick TRAINED medical intervention. 

It takes a lot to get a visit from CPS, I would be shocked if taking risks in a birth would rise to that level.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I to thought Izzy was home, maybe Cathy is helping out while DWreck *gasp* works away from home? 

Would that happen? :pb_lol: I mean other then trying to convert people? I know he's capable of working...doesn't me he would do it. :P 

Samuel is a cute little poppet.

I love the elephant top - anything with cute animals for kids I love!

I don't have kids, so you can imagine what my friends' kids end up getting!!!

31 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Would that happen? :pb_lol: I mean other then trying to convert people? I know he's capable of working...doesn't me he would do it. :P 

His jobs are 1) actor on a reality TV show and 2) actor on a reality TV show who tries to convert Catholics in Central America with whom he cannot communicate. 

There is no third job.

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

The birth canal's being proven means that the cervix will open, the muscles will relax, the pelvic bones will move slightly, and the way will open for the child to be expelled, by use of the (usually very) powerful vaginal muscles. If these things do not work together, the child us born a different way. Jill's inability to give birth vaginally could have been from any of or any combination of these, not to mention a bad lie, as have been stated before.

To me, that's an entire system being proven, not just the birth canal itself. I'm 62, I know how babies get here, this was just odd terminology to me. I have no problem with Jill's unproven ability to give birth vaginally, which is a slightly better and clearer way to put it if you ask me. I'll stop now.

Sammy is adorable and looks great. I'm relieved.

Jill can work her way through whatever is going on with her. We will find out eventually, or we wont. They can keep a lot of things private when they want to.  Once whatever it is has passed, they'll tease it as big drama in the trailers but on the show then play it as no big deal. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived