IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

Are they just trolling us at this point? What a weird, cryptic thing for a quasi-celebrity to post 10 days after giving birth when they know people are already speculating that things didn't go according to plan. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lomo6 said:

Are they just trolling us at this point? What a weird, cryptic thing for a quasi-celebrity to post 10 days after giving birth when they know people are already speculating that things didn't go according to plan. 

Do they know, though? Do you think they really follow social media/blogs/this page(???) to see what people are saying about them?

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Do they know, though? Do you think they really follow social media/blogs/this page(???) to see what people are saying about them?

People are commenting on their social media posts asking Jill and Derick if something went wrong, so they must have some sense.

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

And God only responds to prayers via twitter these days?

Its weird to be expressing your innermost needs via twitter to sort out your feelings.  Just post baby pics and maybe some snaps of your lunch.

It's the twitter version of vague booking, bible style. 

4 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

These two don't strike me as being too worried about whether they are home to nurture their offspring.  Clearly the education, hands on parenting , and being emotionally  with their children left them years ago.  Obviously , they are assuming there is enough emotional and physical help to carry on without them.  

The behaviour these people have towards their own children is appalling.  It is more than abundantly clear they checked out ages ago. They espouse how Godly it is to have as many children as God gives, and yet.......they NEVER  seem to be there to raise them. I still get angry when I think about her passing off her INFANTS to an older child to raise. MY GAWD I could NEVER do that.  

I was fiercely in love with my babies and nobody was gonna have them except me and my husband. I hated it when people wanted to hold my babies. I wanted to say go away that's my baby!

I hated people holding my babies too and only reluctantly handed them over to friends and extended family for quick cuddles after they had been fed and changed ( and most certainly only when they were awake ). Obviously I was fine with my husband parenting them - they are his kids too, but I do still remember feeling protective even with him in the early weeks of their lives and trying not to show it. He was and always has been a wonderful father, but that Mama-Bear instinct was strong!

My eldest two were 8 and 5 when we had our youngest  ( now all adults ) ...I don't think I ever asked more of them than to pop a dummy in the baby's mouth if my hands were busy and she was unsettled. It wasn't their role to care for a baby sibling and it wasn't a role I wanted outsourced to anyone else. 

Didn't someone mention that Derick appeared to be following one of those bible reading challenge things? Like reading the New Testament in X amount of time and each day you read X portions? If so, it could just be that.

Do they know that people are worried? Yes, they definitely know. Derick has been active on Twitter, liking and responding to various things. He can't have missed it.

9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Is water wet? Of course they do.

Sure sounds like something's wrong.

On the topic of genitalia references, I like the bot, Joel Dongsteen, that replaces every use of "God" in Joel Osteen's tweets with "your dick." Examples include:

41 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

It's not just 10 days out. We're at 16 days and counting with no real update.

I'm starting to wonder if they just aren't going to tell us what happened. Obviously something went very wrong, and most likely was due to their stupidity & arrogance in "knowing better" because they are better than us and they they know it.  Perhaps Samuel suffered a birth injury that will have life long consequences. or Jill can't have anymore kids who knows, but I think we all know they only have themselves to blame, and they are bracing for the impact of their ignorance. 

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm starting to wonder if they just aren't going to tell us what happened.

I can't imagine them not wanting to use this as dramatic content for an episode next season.

My instinct (and I wish it weren't, truly) is that something is very wrong for them. The reason I think this is that the silence has been so uncharacteristically long, and now after all that, this Instagram post?

I'm sure they DO realize people are worried and wondering - but the lack of response is exactly what has me less cynical and more concerned. I suspect whatever is going on does not fit into their usual "easy answers theology" where they can post a quick "thanks for your prayers y'all!" and call it a day. To me the silence is a sign that whatever is happening, is something that has really thrown them for a loop and they're having a hard time processing it.

Whoever they are, however much I don't share all their beliefs or interpretations of Christian faith, I have a lot of empathy for them and truly hope they are doing OK and will end up right side up after whatever ordeal they're going through. 

It's Monday and she posts that. Isn't it Tuesday when the tabloids come out? Wouldn't be shocked if this is the week when we get a story about whatever trauma's happening. It's clearly being kept under wraps for something. 

Without doing too much speculating, if she had a classical c-section incision and tried to labor, the likelihood of a uterine rupture is 10 times greater than with a transverse incision.  I don't remember much about the first baby, but I know it was an emergency section.  Either way, 40 hours of labor probably wasn't a good idea.

32 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

I can't imagine them not wanting to use this as dramatic content for an episode next season.

If they are still under contract, they may not have much of a choice.  

Medical people, how likely do you think it is that Jill had an emergency hysterectomy? I've been reading online that they are not common, but are done as a last resort if there is uncontrollable uterine bleeding. And in Jill's case, that certainly sounds plausible, given the risk groups she belonged to and poor decisions she made.

32 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Without doing too much speculating, if she had a classical c-section incision and tried to labor, the likelihood of a uterine rupture is 10 times greater than with a transverse incision.  I don't remember much about the first baby, but I know it was an emergency section.  Either way, 40 hours of labor probably wasn't a good idea.

IIRC, Jill had said after Izzy was born that the dr assured her more kids would be no problem and inferred that that had meant she had the low transverse incision as well. Not sure if she actually said that tho. 

4 minutes ago, silvia said:

Medical people, how likely do you think it is that Jill had an emergency hysterectomy? I've been reading online that they are not common, but are done as a last resort if there is uncontrollable uterine bleeding. And in Jill's case, that certainly sounds plausible, given the risk groups she belonged to and poor decisions she made.

I really don't think she had to have a hysterectomy. She may have labored 40 hours but I doubt it was all at home. Possibly in the hospital but under close supervision. Of course, we know Jill has made poor decisions with regards to Izzy's birth and the hospital cannot force Jill to take their advice until they feel babe is in danger and even then probably would need a court order. Idk, for some reason I don't feel like anything terrible has happened, just that she didn't get the birth she'd hoped for (or the girl) and it's weighing heavily on her. For a woman who wants a ton of kids, 2 sections in a row with a still unproven birth canal can be devastating. Even with her limited education I think she still understands the ramifications. Add to that a husband who is obviously not at peak health and facing going back to CA before she's ready- and her baby was obviously monitored more than what's usual after birth and I think that might explain the radio silence.  At least I hope that's all it is. 

It is possible that there was an emergency that has left her unable to have more children.  But their family televised Baby 20's funeral, even with all their pain, and the whole thing was God's will.  I keep wondering if she is battling serious postpartum depression and has maybe checked out.  I would think that in their world, it would go against everything they believe.  She was put here to have babies and just better like it!  People have been speculating about her being depressed and unhappy since she had Israel.  I dealt with what I would describe as moderate PPD after my son was born.  After waiting for 6 years and dealing with infertility treatment to have him, I WANTED a baby.  PPD is real and very scary if you feel like a failure because you're not ecstatic over being a new mom. If she had postpartum depression after Izzy and has become depressed over the situation of living in Central America, she could really be spiraling.  I hope not and don't wish that on her.  I don't think Derek or anyone in her family would be equipped to help her deal with it.  Except maybe her mother-in-law.  I wish they could stay close by her.  I do think at some point we will know what's going on.

Somehow I don't think the Dillards would keep Jill hidden as long as they have, unless it's something major. She just had a child, making her the epitome of womanhood. Even if she had a difficult birth, she would still be out there holding him with a huge smile. I think she may be dealing with something dark. I hope there wasn't a hysterectomy. That would be soul crushing especially for someone who wants a large family.

31 minutes ago, silvia said:

Not a medical person, but I've been debating likelyhoods

yes, we know she had a long labor and that could have caused any number of issues on her body/uterus and/or distress/oxygen deprivation to Samuel.

we also know despite being a "trained midwife" Jill has made decisions most lay persons wouldn't consider wise.

At first I figured she was upset st a second c-section, then I started to think histetectomy.

the thing I keep going back to is the only fact we know is Samuel was receiving more advanced medical care than the average newborn receives.

while his photos don't indicate microcephaly, other Zika related birth defects (many  neurological) can't be ruled out.

im thinking odds are Zika related issues given where they were living & the little we do know.

granted it's only speculation- 

I keep clicking into this thread, everyday, for updates. Nothing. I'm curious and concerned.

Sigh.

Thread drift and ahoy me hearties!

Um I'll try my hand at something different. Right now I'm going gaga over dudes in movies. Like, choosing my movies on Netflix and Prime based solely on the yumminess, and I feel so silly, because I've never really had movie crushes. Right now I'm so digging older Marky Mark. Drooooooooool. Mads Mikkelsen. Waaaaay younger Val Kilmer. And the one I've had the longest (since Phantom of the Opera 2004), Patrick Wilson. And right now I'm very sad because I've watched all the movies I could and am now waiting for August to roll around and hopefully bring new ones.

What men or women movie stars would you happily watch all day and drool over? 

(Omg but Mark Wahlberg though....:romance-heartsthree:)

3 minutes ago, FreeCalifornia said:

while his photos don't indicate microcephaly, other Zika related birth defects (many  neurological) can't be ruled out.

im thinking odds are Zika related issues given where they were living & the little we do know.

Can't remember for certain, but didn't the Dillards come back to the US for a short time, seemingly in order to conceive? And then go back to SA later on in the pregnancy? If that was the timeline (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Zika-related issues seem less likely.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived