IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, silvia said:

Can't remember for certain, but didn't the Dillards come back to the US for a short time, seemingly in order to conceive? And then go back to SA later on in the pregnancy? If that was the timeline (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Zika-related issues seem less likely.

I believe they were in the US for conception and most of the first trimester (when most birth defects from Zika occur). I'm certain someone here will know the timeline with more certainty.

That said Zika birth defects can occur from transmission during any stage of pregnancy

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FreeCalifornia said:

I believe they were in the US for conception and most of the first trimester (when most birth defects from Zika occur). I'm certain someone here will know the timeline with more certainty.

That said Zika birth defects can occur from transmission during any stage of pregnancy

Reading up on it, apparently significant brain damage can occur from Zika infections in later trimesters, even if it doesn't show up as microcephaly. This seems like something researchers are just beginning to understand. This article is a great backgrounder: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/06/zika-after-30-weeks/489284/ If what these researchers say is true, the Dillards may not  be able to rule out Zika-related brain damage in Samuel for some time to come. I hope Jill has been tested for the virus.

57 minutes ago, silvia said:

Can't remember for certain, but didn't the Dillards come back to the US for a short time, seemingly in order to conceive? And then go back to SA later on in the pregnancy? If that was the timeline (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Zika-related issues seem less likely.

In my opinion their trips back to the US don't count as "short." They've spent 10 of the last 24 months in the US.

Trip 1: July 2015-August 2015 (1 month); home 2 months

Trip 2: October 2015-August 2016 (10 months); home 6 months- Samuel would have been conceived about October 2016

Trip 3: February 2017-May 2017 (3 months); home 2 months and counting

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

What men or women movie stars would you happily watch all day and drool over? 

(Omg but Mark Wahlberg though....:romance-heartsthree:)

Definitely Mark Wahlberg. He's like a blueprint for blue collar man sexiness. 

Older guys who still have game: Jeff Goldblum, Dennis Quaid, and Liam Neeson. My mom thinks Corbin Bernsen is cute, but heck, she still has a crush on Robert Redford, and he's in his 80's. 

Not as old, but still got it going on: Dermot Mulroney. Middle aged hot: Chris Pratt, Charlie Hunnam, and Jason Momoa. Eoin Macken and Chris Hemsworth are about as young as I can go and not think I'm looking at a child. (34 and 33, almost 34.)

Colin Firth, Jake Gyllenhaal and Chris O'Dowd are not classically handsome, but they have their charms, especially Chris O'Dowd because he's funny.

I have to throw in Shemar Moore for my sister. We used to watch Criminal Minds on mute just to see him. 

As I age, my taste in men ages with me. I think Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner are both handsome and talented, but they don't get my heart racing. They look like the kids of my friends, and that's just... no.... but I am a fan of their acting. They're both funny. 

Now I just need a movie with 18 A-list hot actors in it, and this is my cast. 

ETA: 19! Perfect. 19 Hot Actors and Counting. For those of you who love French film.... Omar Sy. I fell in love with him in Nos Jours Heureux. 

I tend to agree that Jill has seemed depressed but I can't imagine the family "allowing" her to remain out of the spotlight this long for this reason given their very public stance that depression is not real and just needs more Jesus.

I tend to think Jill had a hysterectomy, possibly other complications from blood loss. But having a hysterectomy in Jill's world means her life and purpose is essentially over. Clearly that's not true, but you saw how hard Michelle resisted the idea of losing her fertility. Their whole belief system is that a woman gives birth to as many babies as possible and pleases her husband. Her life would have no more "blessings," to look forward to. Essentially a hysterectomy means her life is "obey Derick" and watch everyone else in the family have a million babies. In some ways, Michael Bates situation could even be better because at least she has the possibility for hope for a miracle baby in the future. And worst off, Jill might blame herself and feel god is punishing her.

I tend to be less inclined to believe their silence is Zika related. From what I understand, aside from obvious head size, the neurological signs wouldn't be evident yet and they could possibly believe God would work his magic like he did with baby Josie to fight the odds. And it wouldn't explain Jill needing to be in the hospital for so long she she seems to have been.

I've been in some pretty awful deliveries, with major bleeds and multiple senior obstetricians slipping in to help and getting stressed.  Never seen a hysterectomy.  I've also read the major haemorrhage policy on the wall of labour theatre, there a tone of steps before emergency hysterectomy including getting radiologists (the imaging people) in to find the bleed do clever interventional radiology things first.

Jill on her second C section would surprise me.  Its possible, but  I think the most likely problem is infection.  I'm pretty sure Sam had antibiotics from birth.  It could well be that she also had an infection which washed her out and made her feel sick (plus blood loss from a nasty section - nasty but not hysterectomy nasty).

20 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Not the kind of Dillard family update I was hoping for. :( Now I really wonder what's up.

Could that be solidarity for the sick Paine baby? Jill was one of the ones who said she's praying for her.

19 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Like reading the New Testament in X amount of time and each day you read X portions? If so, it could just be that.

...because that's really going to tie you deeply and meaningfully to the text in a spiritual way... ...sheesh Louise! Any eejit can learn huge swathes of text in record time if they need to.

3 hours ago, beepy13 said:

I can't imagine them not wanting to use this as dramatic content for an episode next season.

Perhaps they realise the window for that is shut? After all, if one or both is transitioning to otherwise able, then it would have been understandable for them to have said 'eek, this has happened out the blue and we need time to adjust', whereas now, nearly three weeks in, beyond 'welcome to the community', there really isn't anything majorly newsworthy about it.

20 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Not the kind of Dillard family update I was hoping for. :( Now I really wonder what's up.

Classic vaguebooking (except it's instagram not facebook)

Cue 1000's of followers typing

"U OK Hun? PM me"

My best guess is that the cryptic Bible verse is about her disappointment over a second c-section. She's probably having an identity crisis, and questioning God's decision making ability. After all, she did everything right according to Gothard, and she's an extra special Godly Duggar snowflake, so a repeat c-section might seem very unfair and like a personal, and very undeserved, attack from God. It isn't, of course. It's just a medical procedure.

3 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

...because that's really going to tie you deeply and meaningfully to the text in a spiritual way... ...sheesh Louise! Any eejit can learn huge swathes of text in record time if they need to.

I've done many daily Bible-reading plans. I don't think it's that weird or takes any spiritual understanding out of the picture. It's just a way to keep on track with reading through certain chapters, books, the whole Bible, etc.

6 hours ago, silvia said:

Not necessarily, issues can arise from the mother's exposure before, at conception or during pregnancy. I've been tested and was told they'll keep running it on all blood work and that I need to use mosquito repellent wipes (they gave me brand recommendations) or bands if I'm going to be outside. I've never been a big mosquito target or really worn insect repellent, so this is all new and gross, but I'm not Beyonce so I can't just wander around with a mosquito net veil ;) 

I don't think Jill would be implying things "aren't going great" or "going as planned" if the baby had sort of disability or other health problem.  And we've seen a number of photos of him without the wires.  Aside from a little jaundice he looks fine.  It's Jill no one has seen, save for one photo in which she didn't look so great.

She's either mourning the fact that she didn't end up with the birth she'd planned for (although she should have known another c-section was very possible) or it's something more serious, like she knows or has been told he'll be her last.

The first scenario seems very plausible, and along with feeling physically unwell and maybe some postpartum depression she doesn't feel like facing People or TLC or anyone else for that matter.  But the second option is still a possibility and that possibility seems to be getting greater with each passing day.  Although I wouldn't rule out media manipulation either.  

When is the Mach 5 arriving? I'm guessing there won't be much fanfare but it will bring some attention back to the Duggars, including Jill. 

A hysterectomy seems extreme to me. There are a lot of major problems that crop up between normal birth and hysterectomy. I find it more likely that, if something major happened, it was a uterine rupture. 40 hours of labor on a prior c-section scar is rough. If that's the case, she probably would have been warned not to get pregnant again. Not a hysterectomy, but similar effect, depending on whether she's willing to accept medical advice. 

But maybe I'm biased because I have a friend whose uterus ruptured during a VBAC attempt. She and the baby almost died but pulled through, and she was told in no uncertain terms another pregnancy would likely have a different outcome. 

I must drop in and say that I find the phrase "unproven birth canal" somewhat humorous, even with the serious topic at hand. What does this mean anyway?

No point in speculating, everything will be revealed in due time. Their brand requires it.

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I must drop in and say that I find the phrase "unproven birth canal" somewhat humorous, even with the serious topic at hand. What does this mean anyway?

It means Jill hasn't proven she can deliver a child vaginally (i.e. through her birth canal). Given her now 2nd c-section, I'm guessing she will never deliver vaginally.

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

And we've seen a number of photos of him without the wires.

I wouldn't assume that. Just because you can't see any wires - especially when he's fully dressed and/or swaddled - doesn't mean there aren't any.

My daughter's BFF had twins and they were in the NICU for seven weeks. They came home with all sorts of monitors/wires but most pics BFF took of them showed no wires because they were tucked inside pant legs, under shirts, etc.

45 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

But maybe I'm biased because I have a friend whose uterus ruptured during a VBAC attempt. She and the baby almost died but pulled through, and she was told in no uncertain terms another pregnancy would likely have a different outcome.

What would that mean in fundiedom? Mandatory birth control is denying "blessings" and god can overcome all odds! I dont know that they would take that advice seriously and actually prevent pregnancies.

Jill was very proud of her eleventy thousand page birth plan with Izzy.  That went down the drain.  She studied midwifery and caught tons of fundie babies yet hers went south.  Now she had another section with an unknown impact on her health.  Even if she's able to have more kids, there has to be lingering doubt as to her status as a woman in her cult and perhaps jealousy towards jessa (another sin). 

I think she's grasping for something that makes her world make sense, which is a no no within her world alone.  Her husband is a loser, her parents are checked out, and the internet criticizes every breath she takes.  Thats not a world I'd want to be in.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Her husband is a loser, her parents are checked out, and the internet criticizes every breath she takes.  Thats not a world I'd want to be in.

What a bleak existence. :(

Man, that vaguebooking is interesting. I do think she's either truly trying to regain privacy in her life (and I wouldn't blame her), or she knows about us and all the other groups of commentators and is trolling to keep the interest up, which are such opposite scenarios. Only time will tell.

I seriously doubt it was a hysterectomy or zika. They're both pretty extreme scenarios in terms of both (un)likelihood and seriousness.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

It means Jill hasn't proven she can deliver a child vaginally (i.e. through her birth canal). Given her now 2nd c-section, I'm guessing she will never deliver vaginally.

Yeah, I get that, but a lot more is involved in a vaginal birth than just a vagina. I never thought that when I gave birth I was proving anything. The phrase just strikes me funny, and I have never seen it used anywhere but on FJ.

13 hours ago, Mela99 said:

This is better than when they replace "wand" with "penis" in Harry Potter. ... Can I send you a solid chocolate trophy@velocirapture??

And from the darkest parts of my memory, a quote from Harry's exam, when the Transfiguration (?) examinator is discussing Dumbledores exam "...he did things with his wand I have never seen before". 

I think what is really concerning to me is no public picture of the brothers (Izzy and Sam) together or a family picture of the four Dills.  Up until yesterday/today, I was in the camp that nothing was really wrong, they (Jill and Der) were just being slow about posting as they recover from birth and settle in to being a family of four.   But when a new mother post to Instagram and it isn't about the new baby or her two sons, I feel something is much deeper now.  

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Yeah, I get that, but a lot more is involved in a vaginal birth than just a vagina. I never thought that when I gave birth I was proving anything. The phrase just strikes me funny, and I have never seen it used anywhere but on FJ.

The birth canal's being proven means that the cervix will open, the muscles will relax, the pelvic bones will move slightly, and the way will open for the child to be expelled, by use of the (usually very) powerful vaginal muscles. If these things do not work together, the child us born a different way. Jill's inability to give birth vaginally could have been from any of or any combination of these, not to mention a bad lie, as have been stated before.

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

The only thing you were proving is that you could in fact deliver vaginally. I've heard it once or twice in other places- I linked to one reference below. Basically, we won't know if Jill can deliver vaginally until she actually does so. She has tried and failed twice now. The babies may just be too big for her pelvis or there could be some other obstruction or problem.

https://books.google.com/books?id=-4q6EZ1-OWkC&pg=PA590&lpg=PA590&dq=unproven+birth+canal&source=bl&ots=2HwFGPkN9M&sig=wJTwNiJgyiA8KBxOQROmmoGykug&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL6cmc4KTVAhUKRSYKHXJ1AgAQ6AEITjAJ#v=onepage&q=unproven birth canal&f=false

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived