IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

At first I thought it was PPD but there hasn't even been a single picture of Izzy and Sam together. That's really unusual for a new baby. Sibling pictures are always taken right after. It's been more than 2 weeks and Izzy is still with Cathy and there's been no update. And Jessa reading an official statement as an update? Something is wrong. I hope it's not serious but something is definitely wrong.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dullard wouldn't be liking posts about how having 2 kids is for quitters if she couldn't have more, right?  I think there is something off, but not that off.  If she was told not to have more I don't think they will listen.

Back to the topic of fundies, Jesus and the role of being fruitful and accepting all the blessing that God gives because, again, Jesus. Why does this concept not work in reverse? Why do the Duggars et al not also accept that God may not give blessings at all, or accept that God decides the # no matter what? God decided that Michelle and JB were getting 19....and maybe God has decided that Jill and Derick are only getting 2- why is God possibly giving fewer blessing not accepted and touted just as strongly as God giving more?

TL:DR-WHY IS THE FOCUS ON THE HIGHER NUMBER AND NOT ON THE ACCEPTING GOD's WILL? {is it really about God and Jesus or making $$$$ off the And Counting and Counting On?????}

Can someone please answer this question?

I guess at this point I'm just struggling to understand why they wouldn't be open about whatever happened. It wouldn't take long to come up with a few sentences like: "Jill is recovering now, but suffered unexpected complications during precious Baby Samuel's arrival. We will share more details when we feel ready to. Thank you for your prayers in this joyous yet trying time; no matter what happens here on Earth, God is always in charge!" or something similar. Took me 1.5 minutes.

That would drum up interest and get sympathy for the family, and also not make it look like the Duggar clan is being shady about this whole thing. Saying nothing makes it look like they're deliberately hiding something/know they did something wrong that contributed to a problem. And the longer it goes on, the weirder it is.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

why is God possibly giving fewer blessing not accepted and touted just as strongly as God giving more?

Psalm 127King James Version (KJV)

127 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Because kids are the "reward."  If god caps your reward then clearly you fucked up.

I went back through the last 4 pages of this thread and that's about all I could bare. Where did you guys see that Izzy is staying with Cathy? Has he really been with her for the past two weeks?

2 minutes ago, Cassia said:

I went back through the last 4 pages of this thread and that's about all I could bare. Where did you guys see that Izzy is staying with Cathy? Has he really been with her for the past two weeks?

Cathy tweeted that she was taking care of Izzy. He seems to have gone back home per her tweets, but not sure exactly how much time he spent with Grandma Cathy.

14 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Dullard wouldn't be liking posts about how having 2 kids is for quitters if she couldn't have more, right?  I think there is something off, but not that off.  If she was told not to have more I don't think they will listen.

Sorry but one more question - what's this about? Derrick liked a post about how having two kids is for quitters? Instagram?

3 minutes ago, Cassia said:

Sorry but one more question - what's this about? Derrick liked a post about how having two kids is for quitters? Instagram?

Yep, on Twitter.

17 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Adoption. Jessa has made comments before about how she could picture Jill and Derick adopting a brood of Sintral Amuurican children. Derick could truthfully like references to them growing their family regardless of Jills biological ability to have more children.

Adopted kids and foster kids are kids too! :)

2 minutes ago, Cassia said:

Somewhere back in this thread there are shots of it.  Someone posted on his Instagram or something about how his family didn't need more kids and he responded saying 2 was average, others responded saying 2 was for quitters and so on, he liked them (I think).  Its possible I'm not remembering correctly though.

Just now, bananabread said:

Adoption. Jessa has made comments before about how she could picture Jill and Derick adopting a brood of Sintral Amuurican children. Derick could truthfully like references to them growing their family regardless of Jills biological ability to have more children.

Adopted kids and foster kids are kids too! :)

Are they to them?  Gothard is super opposed, her mom always brags about how they are all her bio kids . . . 

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Because kids are the "reward."  If god caps your reward then clearly you fucked up.

But everyone sins, is imperfect and striving to do better and be more God like in their thoughts, words and actions. Isn't acceptance of God's decisions part of the entire drill? Really, shouldn't the Dullards be doubling down on their efforts to be mooooooooorrrre happy and accepting? Is it all just a bunch of words, and acceptance only happens when God is giving what they want?

What about the Lord giveth AND taketh away?

Is it possible that they're planning to sue the hospital for something and have been told by lawyers to keep quiet?

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Are they to them?  Gothard is super opposed, her mom always brags about how they are all her bio kids . . .

Sounds awful, but I would imagine fundies consider adopted and foster children more "real" if they can't physically have their own. Like God actively wants them to raise other people's children and that's His plan.

14 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Not the kind of Dillard family update I was hoping for. :( Now I really wonder what's up. 

So, this is interesting.  Take a look at Dwreck's "life matters blog" here:

https://www.dillardfamily.com/life-matters blog?ID=e0811441-5f4d-4145-bf9d-3ff883a65389

He's discussing depression, and says this (after a lot of words):

Even in times of distress, King David responded with prayers of thanksgiving and gratefulness to God.  David demonstrated his genuine faith in God by imploring divine intervention.  He recognized that there was no other viable solution besides that which God could provide.  The truth is that the source of lasting satisfaction is God himself, and David realized that.  If we try to seek fulfillment anywhere else we are always bound for disappointment.  It’s true that things like drugs, sex, money, self-reliance, power, approval of family and friends, food, entertainment, etc… may provide temporary comfort and satisfaction, but please understand that none of those things are a long-term solution and will always eventually lead to more pain and destruction if we look to them for our fulfillment.  In reality, anything that we seek satisfaction from more than God is dangerous.  This doesn’t mean that something like relationships are wrong, but if you derive your worth, identity, or satisfaction from these things rather than God, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment, confusion, and sadness.  People will let you down, but God will never let you down.  I agree with John Piper who said “God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him”.  David sought to draw on his satisfaction from God when he was walking through troubling times.  When David was confused and hurt, he praised God for all of his blessings, namely the blessing of a relationship with God.  When faced with attacks from a physical or spiritual enemy, David spoke truth about who he knew God to be.  Throughout the psalms God is recognized as comforter, God of strength, God of praise, and God of truth, among other names.  Psalm 23 is perhaps one of the most iconic psalms of David as it is an example of rightly placed hope for provision and care, whether physical, mental, or spiritual. 

A joyful heart really is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22).  It’s interesting to me that the Bible has always been right regarding various fields of science, and that the progression of scientific discovery has only confirmed the word of God.  That is no different when it comes to psychology.  This doesn’t mean just put on a fake smile and act like you’re joyful when you’re really down.  Instead, let us seek joy from the source of all joy, the one true God.  Read and become familiar with God’s word because it is the source of who God is and what he has done for us.   We need to remind ourselves often of the truths of scripture, take these truths to heart, and continue seeking God for all the needs of our being so that we can enjoy true satisfaction and fulfillment.   If you are already doing this press on with endurance.  There is nothing more powerful than the spoken word of God  (You may even consider listening to an audio version of the Bible during the day or at night.) 

Ultimately, God wants us to be fully reliant upon him.  This is an awesome position to be in because we’ll have a great view of what God will do when he shows himself powerful and does an awesome work in our life that can only be ascribed to Him. 

So, one who offers thanksgiving in their time of pain is truly worshiping god.  Derick wrote this on 6/30/16, a year ago, and now Jill is posting things in accordance with it.  Interesting... 

Man, every time this thread is hot I think they've released some info and every time I'm wrong.

(I'm aware I'm contributing to the problem by making this post.)

@Buzzard ^

Very interesting find. Not excited at the prospect of Jill being depressed or affected by PPD, BUT, I am happy to see that Derick is seemingly aware, and connecting a thought from year to year. IF Jill is suffering from illness, I hope that both Derick and Jill are open to medical, as well as spiritual treatments.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

@Buzzard ^

Very interesting find. Not excited at the prospect of Jill being depressed or affected by PPD, BUT, I am happy to see that Derick is seemingly aware, and connecting a thought from year to year. IF Jill is suffering from illness, I hope that both Derick and Jill are open to medical, as well as spiritual treatments.

whatever this is, its greater than just PPD or any type of "blues."  PPD wouldnt prevent pictures of the two boys being posted, and even Jilly Muffin would understand that her brand requires her to "suck it up" and take a few pictures with the baby (see - Anna post Joshly for the "suck it up" requirement).  Theres something wrong with her, possibly causing a depression or serious psychological hurdle and she is seeking solace in god as instructed by her headship.

11 hours ago, VixenToast said:

What men or women movie stars would you happily watch all day and drool over? 

Lana Parilla (plays the evil queen in Once upon a time). She's just gorgeous :56247955dd693_32(12):

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If god caps your reward then clearly you fucked up.

Who knew god hated man-buns so much? lol

38 minutes ago, Cassia said:

Here is Derick's original response about only having 2 kids:

Spoiler

IMG_8044.PNG.d9e3a54f986b4b4b2f6a64bcef97597e.PNG

And here are the tweets in response to this that he "liked":

Spoiler

IMG_8043.thumb.PNG.ee9f1486bb12d0a07d283290a0d24d28.PNG

The third response is where people picked up the whole "2 is for quitters" thing. Derick didn't say it himself, but he liked the tweet that said it.

Derick needs to get his family off the TV and out of the public's eye and scrutiny. He needs to find a job and establish a stable living situation for his family. He needs to grow up and stop living the dream; face the realities of his current situation. He needs to be the headship and protector that his beliefs claim and proclaim him to be.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

TL:DR-WHY IS THE FOCUS ON THE HIGHER NUMBER AND NOT ON THE ACCEPTING GOD's WILL? {is it really about God and Jesus or making $$$$ off the And Counting and Counting On?????}

Can someone please answer this question?

Because it isn't about God or what he wants,it is about what THEY WANT. It is always about what they want.

9 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Majorly side-eyeing the "babies are like potato chips" comment...

Same response here.  To be pro-baby is not necessarily to be pro-child. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived