IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

Jill just posted a pic of Samuel on her Instagram.  Not sure how to post it here...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@MiddleAgedLady beat me to the picture, but you just need to paste the direct link and it will automatically embed, @obiwanfreak. If you're on mobile, hit the ... in the upper right hand corner and "Copy Share URL". If you're on desktop, click on the picture and the link should be in the URL bar.

But still no pic with Izzy and the baby.  I presume its because Jill is still recovering and cant handle Izzy and the baby right now.

samuelscott.thumb.jpg.2f48fef380c9efb692d482e1adef681a.jpg

I NEVER put my little guy in pants.  It was too much of a PITA with diaper changes so props for that!

@Buzzard That was my first thought. If we put pants on my nephews every time, there would be a lot of frustration. At least it's not an outfit for a grown toddler haha 

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I NEVER put my little guy in pants.  It was too much of a PITA with diaper changes so props for that!

How defrauding and immodest. LOL

Idk if it's been discussed, but i wonder if she had to undergo an emergency hysterectomy or something of that nature that may render her finished with babymaking?

Samuel is SO cute!! He looks a lot like someone...John David, maybe? He even has the hairline! :pb_lol:

Well I have nothing to snark. Cute picture, lovely outfit, gorgeous baby. I also find him a nice mix between Spurgeon and JD. 

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe someone IS reading here. And SSD is a cutie, even with JB's nose. 

Oh my god! Mini JB again! :o

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

whatever this is, its greater than just PPD or any type of "blues."  PPD wouldnt prevent pictures of the two boys being posted, and even Jilly Muffin would understand that her brand requires her to "suck it up" and take a few pictures with the baby (see - Anna post Joshly for the "suck it up" requirement).  Theres something wrong with her, possibly causing a depression or serious psychological hurdle and she is seeking solace in god as instructed by her headship.

I'm not going to take you to task here, but I would just like to note that "just PPD" can be, and frequently is, a "serious psychological hurdle". It is a real and often extremely serious mental illness. Women die from it (I almost did, no way I could have sucked it up and posed with the baby). 

2 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

I'm not going to take you to task here, but I would just like to note that "just PPD" can be, and frequently is, a "serious psychological hurdle". It is a real and often extremely serious mental illness. Women die from it (I almost did, no way I could have sucked it up and posed with the baby). 

I think I chose the wrong word in "just."  I meant that PPD wouldnt be the sole issue, as in, PPD alone. I think there has to be something physical as well.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think I chose the wrong word in "just."  I meant that PPD wouldnt be the sole issue, as in, PPD alone. I think there has to be something physical as well.

Ah, I understand what you meant, thanks for clarifying :) 

I am so glad to see a pic of him. Love the darker hair, reminds me of my youngest at that age. He looks like his dad. He looks alert and healthy!  I hope she is doing ok as well. 

Hopefully sweet Samuel is free from any Zika related issues.

If they continue to have pregnancies in Zika prone SCA I will be disgusted beyond words. They are assholes to do this when they are not natives of a nation where Zika is more prominent. 

I'm wondering if perhaps Jill is having some medical complications that clearly prevent them from returning to CA? I can imagine that that would be extra hard for her to grapple with, because she would feel like she is betraying her duty as a helpmeet by hindering/stopping her husband's calling...

39 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Well I have nothing to snark. Cute picture, lovely outfit, gorgeous baby. I also find him a nice mix between Spurgeon and JD. 

Sorry my fat finger hit the red instead of green button.  I think I fixed it but sorry if I didn't.

I'm not super concerned on Izzy not being around.  Growing up, it was really common for toddlers and young kids to spend almost all their time elsewhere after a new baby, especially when the mom was recovering slower.  When I was in pre-school, I remember my best friend and her sister spent almost a month with family and friends because mom had a rough recovery from her (final) C-section with her third.  

Caring for a rambunctious toddler is a physical task.  Every recovery from giving birth is different.  My parents' church mom's group encouraged moms to take it as easy as possible after giving birth and arrange for toddler/young child care until they were cleared by their doctor to lift the weight of their child, and would provide childcare options until then, no questions asked.  Women in this day and age are expected to "bounce back" to perfect health immediately after birth, but that's not reality.  Reality is that toddlers are high energy and exhausting and for many women, not overly compatible with post-birth recovery.

If Izzy is content and Cathy (and others) are willing, there's no real reason he has to return sooner rather than later.  Even if Jill doesn't NEED him to be elsewhere, taking it easy right now and giving priority to her recovery  and settling in with the new baby is a GOOD choice.  I'd be ECSTATIC to see Jill prioritizing self-care for once! 

Edit: I was actually really mad growing up that my mom never gave birth again because being an older sibling away from home was the REAL DEAL, man.  To help with the transition, it was treated like a celebration, so you got to do TONS of fun things and get treats and stuff, and everyone gave you all this praise for being an older sibling. It was like the greatest thing that could happen to a young kid.   My parents ended up adopting, so in my world, babies just showed up at my house one day.  I didn't even get celebratory ice cream!

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I'm not super concerned on Izzy not being around.  Growing up, it was really common for toddlers and young kids to spend almost all their time elsewhere after a new baby, especially when the mom was recovering slower.

It would be wonderful if we didn't make women feel they had to do everything.  Just imagine what that would be like. . . 

I do wonder about the first child feeling ignored or pushed out.  Not sure what the solution is, but kids can feel upset when younger siblings come.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Back to the topic of fundies, Jesus and the role of being fruitful and accepting all the blessing that God gives because, again, Jesus. Why does this concept not work in reverse? Why do the Duggars et al not also accept that God may not give blessings at all, or accept that God decides the # no matter what? God decided that Michelle and JB were getting 19....and maybe God has decided that Jill and Derick are only getting 2- why is God possibly giving fewer blessing not accepted and touted just as strongly as God giving more?

TL:DR-WHY IS THE FOCUS ON THE HIGHER NUMBER AND NOT ON THE ACCEPTING GOD's WILL? {is it really about God and Jesus or making $$$$ off the And Counting and Counting On?????}

Can someone please answer this question?

Because they also believe god wants an army of good Christian soldiers and it is their duty to out populate the enemy. If god only gives you 2, the implication is he doesn't think you worthy of delivering and teaching good Christian soldiers that are essential for judgment day. Or something. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived