IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

41 minutes ago, Baaaaaabe said:

I'm exactly the same way. Are you hypermobile/"double jointed" by chance?  It is common for hypermobile folks to write this way to compensate for overly flexible hands. In my case, I have hypermobility spectrum disorder.

No, I'm not particularly flexible or double jointed. It's cool to know that there are so many others out there who write this way. 

I've noticed that if I try to write with my left hand, I grip the pencil "correctly." I think with my right hand, I start out "correctly" then slide into my more typical way that's more comfortable.

I'm in the programming industry, and it'll be interesting to see if my pencil-gripping changes as I spend more time typing after college.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2017 at 6:10 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Huh. All this time I never knew that I had been holding my daughter "wrong." I seriously didn't know you were supposed to hold a baby on your left arm?

me too! I've worked in child care for years, raised my nephews, have my own child, taken care of countless others, not to mention, even when I'm just holding a random baby, it's almost always with my right arm.... I figured it was because I was right handed, and that arm was stronger, lol

Drum up support for the next season....that is quite possible. Somebody posted a date for next season. It's not terribly far off. Maybe it will be radio silence until then? Or....and I hope it isn't this....they are staying off because Derick plans to head back down to CA as soon as possible and figures the fewer online photos of them, the better, given the killings in their area. Now I have an image of Jill with a pixie cut and a blonde Derick..

If the killings themselves weren't so sad, I'd be imagining other disguises, Duggar style. To make them look Native and all.

I used to do a lot of exercising when I was 12-14.I could lean all the way back with my arms and touch the ground,I could do a split,I could sit on the floor,with my legs almost in a straddle,and then lean foward and touch the floor with my nose ,first  then eventually my chin.There is no way in hell I could do that now.I held all of my sons,as babies,on my right because I'm right handed.

On 7/22/2017 at 11:55 AM, VixenToast said:

Wow. Just wow. I will withhold my opinion of that sexist statement out of not wanting to act like a child.

Its not even a serious punishment, more of an amusing one, intended most likely to be silly. Considering I spent most of my time in the pool yesterday tossing my 6yo in at his request, I can assure you that you are overreacting. I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate pushing my kid in if he said something as flippantly ridiculous as that boy did. 

Have a good day.

I have a phobia about being pushed underwater, and I still think the mom sounds like a jerk. But I'll agree that my post was pretty sexist. 

Probably not overly exciting or significant but I noticed Jill's been active on Instagram again, commenting on Chad & Erin Paines post. I really think they aren't releasing any details/updates on Samuel because they're not wanting to deal with any backlash like last time. But who knows. Maybe they're just enjoying family time. 

P.s I don't know how to make the picture hidden on mobile because I'm useless.

Spoiler

IMG_7919.PNG

Considering how quiet Jill has been throughout the pregnancy (even factoring in the whole "danger America just doesn't have wi-fi, y'all" shiz), it's not too surprising she's not all over social media. I do think it's a bit odd, though. Hope she and the baby are well, whatever the situation. 

I reckon they're holding out until Anna gives birth. That way they can announce the new M child and instantly distract us with cute baby pics from their godly offspring.......

On 7/22/2017 at 6:57 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Still an inappropriate thing to do as a punishment, and a clue as to why he had little respect for women.

I'm not so sure the woman meant it as punishment (had to scroll back some for post-post  for this).

I think he made a flippant remark and she did a flippant reaction.

Perhaps the family act with less restraint than you and I are used to.  I personally would never push someone into a pool.  And I don't think he has little respect for women.  Just a teen-age "look-at-me" statement. 

3 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick just tweeted- I thought Jill was his helper!

Jill is his helpmeet! ;) 

I'm ambidextrous but only because I was retaught. It was inappropriate to be a leftie. I kinda do things with both hands. I can write with both, cut, etc. But if I'm throwing a ball with my baby nephew I use my right hand cuz I can control it better. I'm also right eye dominate but left ear dominate. I talk on the phone only on my left side but if I need to squint to see something I use my right eye. 

My oldest nephew. Bless that kid. He's a leftie, even though a ton of people tried to change that, but he's right eye dominate. I took him to archery once when he was like 10 and he had the worst time. That's how we discovered he's right eye dominate. The archery teacher was some high medal winner and he went thru a few tests with my nephew. It's extremely hard to shoot with your left but use your right eye. It was a disaster. 

3 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick just tweeted- I thought Jill was his helper!

This is just so weird to me.  He just had another baby, a holy penis owner.  Any normal man would be tweeting pictures of a baby and how "blessed" he is to have TWO holy, pure, male children.  Random bible quotes seem so out of place.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Any normal man would be tweeting pictures of a baby and how "blessed" he is to have TWO

Ah but poor Derick. He can't handle the two he has......He needs help. 

On a serious note maybe he posted that because he is struggling with caring for a wife who has undergone serious surgery beyond the regular C section. OR Jill is in a really bad emotional state. 

Maybe both.  I think it is a subtle indication of him not coping very well in his current situation.  He needs help and needs to be emotionally supported by God.

Ok, all aboard here for IrishCarrie's speculation train.... toot toot! 

:TrainWreckMotion:

Derrick is tweeting that because he's in need of help. He's reminding himself that God is always there and always helping.

Therefore he currently feels the need for help.

Therefore something IS afoot...aHA!!!!!

You're welcome  :my_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Fluffy14 said:

Maybe both.  I think it is a subtle indication of him not coping very well in his current situation.  He needs help and needs to be emotionally supported by God.

And God only responds to prayers via twitter these days?

Its weird to be expressing your innermost needs via twitter to sort out your feelings.  Just post baby pics and maybe some snaps of your lunch.

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is just so weird to me.  He just had another baby, a holy penis owner.  Any normal man would be tweeting pictures of a baby and how "blessed" he is to have TWO holy, pure, male children.  Random bible quotes seem so out of place.

Agreed........can anyone recall any fundie family this quiet after a birth? Even after rough pregnancies/births (Jessa w/ Spurgeon, Erin w/ Carson, Michelle w/ Josie, etc) we had pretty speedy family photos and updates. I get that not everyone can be Priscilla doing Youtube videos like 3 hours after the birth, but this is just WEIRD. I have several Facebook friends who recently had c-sections, and there were baby and family photos almost instantly. I just don't understand what's up with the Dillards.

Just now, bananabread said:

Agreed........can anyone recall any fundie family this quiet after a birth? Even after rough pregnancies/births (Jessa w/ Spurgeon, Erin w/ Carson, Michelle w/ Josie, etc) we had pretty speedy family photos and updates. I get that not everyone can be Priscilla doing Youtube videos like 3 hours after the birth, but this is just WEIRD. I have several Facebook friends who recently had c-sections, and there were baby and family photos almost instantly. I just don't understand what's up with the Dillards.

A difficult birth is extra points in fundiedom, because you suffer like eve because sins and stuff.  Smiling with your prize (baby) after enduring eve's curse is what she's made to do.  All this silence is just weird.

27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A difficult birth is extra points in fundiedom, because you suffer like eve because sins and stuff.  Smiling with your prize (baby) after enduring eve's curse is what she's made to do.  All this silence is just weird.

Yeah something about it all seems off. Even with the complications last time they were still putting out pictures; like you said, difficulties usually = bonus points. Hopefully it's nothing dire. 

I've had friends who take a few days, maybe a week to post some pictures of them and their new baby for friends/family. But that's usually so they have time for sleep/shower/makeup (not like anyone would judge them! but I understand the desire to look more put together). 

I"ve always held my kids in my left arm (i'm right handed) so that I have my right hand to do stuff with!

Just now, karen77 said:

I"ve always held my kids in my left arm (i'm right handed) so that I have my right hand to do stuff with!

Me too. Plus left is closer to my heart and that calmes them down, knowing my heartbeat from their in-utero time. 

It took me 4 days to post anything on Fb after my last birth, but that was more because of family shit and me being up 36+h. I needed the time to be a person. Plus I love the momentum in which you have had your child and your world kind of stops spinning but everyone elses just keeps on turning. A moment frozen in time. But I'm weird like that. 

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

Derrick is tweeting that because he's in need of help

Or he is passively aggressively asking for a minion child to come help....Where is Jana when  you need her?

HOLY PENIS OWNER :laughing-rolling:

Rufus bless you, @Buzzard. You are a rare gem.  

I need someone to draft some biblical verses exhorting the holy penis. 

Something is definitely up, although whatever it is, it isn't something that's preventing her parents from taking their Hawaiian holiday.

I don't think there is enough interest in Duggar offsprings' offspring for them to be holding out for publicity.  The kids keep coming fast and furious; soon enough there will be almost zero interest.

My guess is that something went very wrong with the birth and Jill and/or baby suffered some sort of harm from it.  If Jill ignored medical advice, or delayed seeking help just to prove she could tough it out at home, the Dillards know they'll hear about it if they own up to it.

Funny thing, publicity is. If you court attention during good times, you're bound to end up with unwanted attention during the not-so-good times.  And the story will come out eventually.  TLC will insist on it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived