Coconut Flan

It was season 2 of CO I think, when Jeremy surprised Jinger mid shoot. At that time they had a few episodes after that one, including the first wedding episode for J & J, so maybe the season isn't over yet?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a press release for the specials http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Relive-the-Latest-Milestones-from-From-TLCs-COUNTING-ON-20170713

"A number of surprise guests" :think: . I bet the "soon to be Duggar" is Kendra. I know the show has done after shows before, but this one is two parts. Will we learn anything new? Will there be announcements? I'm surprised that Daphne Oz is hosting this.

http://people.com/tv/duggar-sisters-counting-on-specials-daphne-oz-exclusive/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

17 hours ago, shiverful said:

Yes! I loved to hear that she's out and about on her on while Jeremy's working. Must be boring not to have a job (I'm a workaholic myself, haha), but at least she's not just tagging along with Jeremy or sitting at home waiting for him to finish up work.  

Unemployment isn't too boring if you have Netflix!! :P

Am I the only one who has no idea who Daphne Oz is?

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Nope, I've never heard of her.

10 minutes ago, sunshine said:

She's the daughter of Dr. Oz, from The Dr. Oz Show. She's also a co-host on the daytime lifestyle show The Chew. She's basically a tv personality known for advocating healthy eating and living.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe the surprise guests will be Josh and Anna...

That would be interesting! I mean you'd have to chew gravol, but it would be more interesting then the usual. 

Daphne Oz is a lightweight tv personality. They can't have Erica Hill because she was the last professional to talk to Josh and Anna before the actual show was cancelled.  If she interviewed them again I am totally sure she would bring up what happened on a whole other level.  Daphne won't delve to deeply - 

It's going to be softball bullshit anyway. Two weeks of it, unless they sub out week two for Jill's Harrowing Birth VSE. 

I'm glad the Daphne Oz question was asked and answered. Add me to the list of people who've never heard of her. 

6 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

"A number of surprise guests" :think: . I bet the "soon to be Duggar" is Kendra. I know the show has done after shows before, but this one is two parts.

Yeah, it's Kendra, they already showed her in the preview after the last episode... yaaawn. IIRC, Jeremy aka Baaaaabe was also the surprise guest the last time they did this kind of season wrap-up (before Jinger got married, obviously).

As for other surprise guests, I have no clue, but I don't think TLC would dare to invite Josh and Anna. However, that would be an actual surprise :my_biggrin:

Kendra is also in that picture of the selfie Daphne Oz posted. So her being there would indeed be a huge surprise! :irony:

This just occurred to me as I was contemplating the workload left to the remaining Duggar women, namely just Jana, Laura, and now Johanna now that she's older.

It seems like there would be a larger split between the boys and girls in the Duggar house nowadays. With the younger boys all being teenagers and mostly able to look after and govern themselves, and the older sister-moms having moved out, it seems there is probably no use for a "buddy" system any more. And what with the revelations of Josh's behaviour that may have split the boys and girls even more. The younger girls can be looked after by Jana, Laura, or Michelle, (or Jessa, Joy, or Anna can take them some days) and the boys are all either adults or teenagers who can look after themselves. So, even though there are 15 kids still living at home and the younger boys may still have their jurisdictions, the kids aren't grouped together in the same way they may have and new bonds may be forming. Just seems like the girls and boys are spending more time with their respective genders at this "season of life".

Has anyone else noticed/thought this?

I had to share... I have a friend who sang the song "Skidamarink" to her 4 year old. The song goes "Skidamarink a dink a dink, skidamarink a doo, I love you." Her daughter replied happily, "I love you, skank!"

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's going to be softball bullshit anyway. Two weeks of it, unless they sub out week two for Jill's Harrowing Birth VSE. 

Here is what it will be about: 

1. Asking Jessa and Ben about how different it is with 2 kids

2. Asking Jinger about how different life is in Laredo 

3. Asking Joy and Austin about courtship and engagement. They will of course discuss courtship rules and modesty. Hints about babies and wanting to be a Mom. (I'm assuming this was pre wedding) 

4. Asking Joe and Kendra about courtship and hinting at weddings and babies. 

5. Asking Jinger and Jeremy about babies. Their wedding, learning Spanish. Don't talk about evil Catholics. Mention nothing more. 

6. Bring up Jill and Derick in SCA with Izzy. They will speak of how worried they are. Then they will bring up little Samuel. How excited they all are for a new niece of nephew. 

7. Ask Jana about her relationship status. If she is courting, so on and so forth. Tease that there may be something going on. Jana of course will deny. 

8. If JD is there, ask him the same questions. He will just laugh and the subject will be dropped, a lot faster then it is for Jana. 

Summary: Snoozeville

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Here is what it will be about:

don't forget one more 

Jessa: we actually held hands when we were courting - she again defends herself about her courting habits towards her finance unlike her younger sister who could have boned her husband to be in front of her mother and wouldn't have cared. 

and then again Spurgeon and Henry come out for the end and we get to see them laugh and everyone coos 

and then Jessa says we have more surprises 

we could write this stuff 

We're still waiting on a volunteer to recap.  Dear Buzzard has to go to a conference.  Anyone?

14 hours ago, nst said:

Daphne Oz is a lightweight tv personality. They can't have Erica Hill because she was the last professional to talk to Josh and Anna before the actual show was cancelled.  If she interviewed them again I am totally sure she would bring up what happened on a whole other level.  Daphne won't delve to deeply - 

I don't think Erica Hill  or anyone else who interviews the Duggars on TLC is going to ask tough questions.

I thought everyone knew who Daphne Oz  :pb_lol:

@Carm_88  You bring up a good point, when was this filmed? 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

3. Asking Joy and Austin about courtship and engagement. They will of course discuss courtship rules and modesty. Hints about babies and wanting to be a Mom. (I'm assuming this was pre wedding) 

the promo shows Joy and Austin havin' a smooch so it was a post-wedding interview. Jill and Derick don't seem to be in the interviews so I'm thinking that this is another TLC rush job and it was shot only a week or two ago and they were busy dealing with Samuel stuff. Unless they make a surprise appearance and Samuel is one of the surprise guests... 

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We're still waiting on a volunteer to recap.  Dear Buzzard has to go to a conference.  Anyone?

I can do it. Although I think I just did :P 

3 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Unless they make a surprise appearance and Samuel is one of the surprise guests... 

Now that would be good tv!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived