Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

Someone post all the known info on this Aaron?   Last name, everything you have.  We can't let Jana go off into some great unknown.

He's one of the Pattons... they're pretty fundie but I've seen some on the daughters/ in laws wear jeans and tank tops

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone post about Kendra's dad being some pretty-ok-for-a-Fundie-eye candy?

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I gagged so hard I think I lost my uvula. UGH.

Uvula and vulva need to not be such similar words. I definitely misread that and paused...

I moved Kate Gosselin's comments to her thread.

Hi all :)  it's almost 1am here, but my toddler won't sleep #momlife.  So catching up on the thread ~ I haven't gotten to watch the last two episodes @_@ so I'll have to read Buzzard' s commentary ;)

I did see a huge discussion on languages (hope I don't derail the thread), just wanted to share my Dad is American, and my mom is German - and they raised me bilingual.  But supposedly I didn't say my first word till I was 18months (besides babbling).  I supposedly pointed to an airplane, and said "fish" (the joke being that fish is the same in both languages, so who knew if my first word was English or German!).

Took me forever to talk, but when I did, i could speak both languages.  However when I don't speak it daily, I loose it, and it takes me a good week of immersion to get my brain to remember it all :P  So right now, my German is so-so.  Though I do practice it at least weakly when playing "Hoppe Hoppe Reiter" with my toddlers lol (a German nursery song where kids get bounced on the lap, then "thrown" off the horse).

I did learn like 10 years ago in an early childhood education class, that even though we are all capable of learning another language, it is significantly harder after the age of 10.  So if you can at least lay the foundations/introductions of another language before then, it can help make it easier :)

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Uvula and vulva need to not be such similar words. I definitely misread that and paused...

2 AM.... snickering in the dark.... scared my sleeping cat.

6 hours ago, KimJongJimBob said:

Every time I see the commercials for Kate Plus 8, I secretly wish Kate and Michelle would do an episode of Wife Swap. 

Wow it just hit me that a week with Michelle would be so much better than a week with Kate. 

Personally I'd like a cage fight between Kate and Lori Alexander. 

I don't understand how they need a chaperone when they have the damn camera crew there!  At this point, it's just for show, like everything they do.   I'd think it was sweet etc, if they were able to have a moment that was just about each other, rather than doing things for the TV.

@Buzzard Thanks so much for your updates - I am always in awe of how you make it seem even vaguely interesting!

ETA And how Duggar is it that they're colonising public space with all this generator + cookout stuff + camera crew, and stopping other people enjoying the land?  It frustrates me that the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to them.  "We love hiking and riding horses here, so we're going to take over the spot and if other people wanted to come here too, screw them!"  

(or am I getting all BEC and in real life they would have applied for a permit and paid a usage fee, as well as had to comply with rules so the generator, cooking stuff etc didn't scar the landscape?  I am probably coming at it from a VERY UK perspective, where we don't have the same amount of wilderness/countryside as the USA, so it's more of a big deal)

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Looked like an RJ to me, too. No way they flew nonstop from XNA (I think that's the public airport they use most often) to Danger America. They had to fly to "somewhere else" to board the international flight.

8 hours ago, flycat said:

I don't think they were in first class. I think it was a regional jet with a 2 seats on one side and 1 seat on the other.  Plus the curtain behind them wasn't drawn (usually they are once the flight is in air).

Some regional jets do still have first class or at least economy comfort. If there was a curtain behind them, even if it's not drawn (which most flight attendants still don't do on short flights) they were in first. 

7 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Took me forever to talk, but when I did, i could speak both languages.  However when I don't speak it daily, I loose it, and it takes me a good week of immersion to get my brain to remember it all :P  So right now, my German is so-so.  Though I do practice it at least weakly when playing "Hoppe Hoppe Reiter" with my toddlers lol (a German nursery song where kids get bounced on the lap, then "thrown" off the horse).

Off topic, but OMG, my grandfather used to play that with us. Do you know the full lyrics, by any chance?

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

He's one of the Pattons... they're pretty fundie but I've seen some on the daughters/ in laws wear jeans and tank tops

Ah so he is a possibility. That's intriguing. We saw Kendra at the end of last season too, helping with Jinger's wedding. So I guess from now on we look to see how is popping it randomly. 

10 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Did anyone post about Kendra's dad being some pretty-ok-for-a-Fundie-eye candy?

I did! The whole reason I watched that episode. :P 

13 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

So right now, my German is so-so.  Though I do practice it at least weakly when playing "Hoppe Hoppe Reiter" with my toddlers lol (a German nursery song where kids get bounced on the lap, then "thrown" off the horse).

Fun Undies!My mother was German and she played "Hoppe Hoppe Reiter" with when we were small and with my children,my niece and nephews!It brings back sweet memories.

I'm watching the most recent Counting On episode and I only got 5 minutes in before Derick said something that made me want to punch him in the face. Jill was obviously lamenting going back to Danger America and said she wanted to take lots of hot showers and eat lots of food before they go back, and Derick had to jump in and add "but not in a gluttonous way".

Like COME ON. He's the least likeable person on this show.

I've always thought that Derick was aiming to be Jim Bob 2.0. And he really is like a less-funny, less-charming Jim Bob. Just let that sink in.

The most cringe worthy part was when they had Josiah talk about how it was good Joe was entering a courtship and showing the other guys how it's done, because it hasn't been done in such a long time for a Duggar male. Ooooooh Josiah. Why did you make him say this TLC? We all remember his failed courtship!

not quiet like it is done in my family but it gives you the general idea of how it is played. We used to sit front facing and when the rider falls then the adults legs get straitened and the kid literally falls/ slides of. Great for waiting at bus stations etc.

My comments keep getting eaten.  Ugh

To keep it short:

Jessa is entitled to be tired with a newborn keeping her up at night and a toddler to run after all day.  I felt that this was a more realistic portrayal than last week when everyone was sleeping and she used her free time to read the bible.  I wanted to yell at the screen to TAKE A NAP and PLAY ON YOUR PHONE.  That's what I'm doing on my maternity leave.  I was glad to see Henry napping in a more appropriate location than the couch or his parents' bed (like Spurgie was as a young infant).  Safe sleeping surfaces is a thing of mine.  Newborn can accidentally roll/move.  Ask anyone in healthcare that works with children.  I once comforted a mom crying "I'm a bad mom.  I'm a bad mom."  after her newborn  rolled off a chair onto the hard ground.  

I'm wondering if the gang members in SCA have long hair and that's what Derrick meant.  But it could be something else.

I still contend that a mercedes may be used but it's still a more expensive car than the rest of them had been shown buying and flipping.

I liked Jinger's proposal, except for Meechelle being there.  Joy's was sweet, I loved the heirloom ring and Terry crying.  

I think that Austin's parents can be the strict fundies from the other show and then kinder sweeter ones now.  Their kids are grown and left/leaving the nest.  They can relax and enjoy being grandparents/empty nesters.  The TLC producers also have a different agenda in how to portray them.  And we are seeing his parents as doting inlaws being shown at the engagement and wedding, not parents raising teens and what their rules are.

Austin's friend did get an unusual amount of description.  Let's see if Jana starts spending a lot of time on her phone during clips.  

Jillard may have used miles to buy their tix, especially if JB bought them with miles accrued on a card from the rest of the family going on the Christmas missioncation. I think they showed them on a RJ first class.  The seats looked wider and nicer than expected.  I was happy to see Israel in a car seat and one that was of appropriate size.  

great points but i had visions of if Jessa putting Henry in her bed and Spurge woke up and would do something ala CSI season 1 unintentionally of course 

8 minutes ago, epic fail said:

not quiet like it is done in my family but it gives you the general idea of how it is played. We used to sit front facing and when the rider falls then the adults legs get straitened and the kid literally falls/ slides of. Great for waiting at bus stations etc.

We play this as "This is the way the ladies ride"  Same idea different language.

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Reminds me of Monster House (start at 0:58)

1 hour ago, WhyNotJulie said:

. Jill was obviously lamenting going back to Danger America and said she wanted to take lots of hot showers and eat lots of food before they go back, and Derick had to jump in and add "but not in a gluttonous way".

Like COME ON. He's the least likeable person on this show.

Yeah, if I was stuffing my face with anything and someone told me I was being gluttonous I'd get wrathful and break the plate on thier head. 

4 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Yeah, if I was stuffing my face with anything and someone told me I was being gluttonous I'd get wrathful and break the plate on thier head. 

I do find it kind of fitting that Jill was always the one lecturing her siblings to be more virtuous in this way or that way, and now she seems to have a husband who does the same to her.

People, I'm going to need y'all to quit with your weird thirst for Kendra's transphobic dad! That guy doesn't deserve your saliva.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I do find it kind of fitting that Jill was always the one lecturing her siblings to be more virtuous in this way or that way, and now she seems to have a husband who does the same to her.

It's Karma. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived