Coconut Flan

I think Austin is the best headship yet.  He seems sensitive, sincere, and he can provide for Joy and the future babeez like none of the others can.  He's kind of on par with JD.  And I like his father.  They may have wacky views but I'll bet the Strictest Parent show was just exaggerated.  He seems so cute and helpful.  I loved how Joy felt comfortable enough to poke him in the belly. 

Jinger and Jeremy seem to be really happy.  She just has a look on her face that you can't fake.  Must be the sweet fellowship.  I think she may have been freed to an extent.  She is 12 hours away, she told her family not to come for 6 months, she is not pregnant, she said she is enjoying the quieter life, and pants.

I also think they really played up the Spanish thing last week.  I do not believe that Jeremy has been ministering there all this time and is just now learning Spanish.  Also, there was an episode when they were courting and Jinger was shopping with her sisters.  I think she walked into one of the stores and spoke Spanish to someone.  I remember saying to myself "Wow, she speaks more Spanish than Jill."

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

New form of blanket training????  :::ducking and running:::

:pb_lol:

Even if we wanted to (which we don't because we're not abusive asses) our dog wouldn't allow it. She won't even let us blow raspberries on the baby's tummy - she gets all worked up and charges at us when we do it. Which is really fucking funny because she's 40 pounds of fluff and her ears fly around like crazy when she runs. 

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

:pb_lol:

Even if we wanted to (which we don't because we're not abusive asses) our dog wouldn't allow it. She won't even let us blow raspberries on the baby's tummy - she gets all worked up and charges at us when we do it. Which is really fucking funny because she's 40 pounds of fluff and her ears fly around like crazy when she runs. 

Cutest thing ever! I love when dogs know best!

30 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Velocibaby is a drooler thanks to teething. I've tried putting bibs on her - she either pulls them off or it gets too wet. If we kept putting new ones on her then we'd have none left for meals and I'd rather protect her clothes from food stains. I just lay a big blanket on the floor when we have playtime - it's easier to wash a blanket than try to clean drool or spitup off the carpet.

My daughter was a snot faucet for about 8 straight months while all her teeth came in, it was impossible to keep up on.

19 hours ago, Greendoor said:

@Exjw2015deed  I will sleep better.  She's been my favourite for a while.  Hasn't gotten into one of these fundie traps like her mother and sisters

Austin seems like a nice guy, but he's a total fundie trap. So is Joy.

6 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

People, I'm going to need y'all to quit with your weird thirst for Kendra's transphobic dad! That guy doesn't deserve your saliva.

Thank you. Her Steve and Sarah Newlin looking parents don't deserve it. :pb_lol:

Was last night the season finale? I didn't watch. Too busy ok vacation and life is too good to take time to snark atm

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Austin seems like a nice guy, but he's a total fundie trap. So is Joy.

Yep, I got one word for all of them -TRUMP!!!

21 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Though I do practice it at least weakly when playing "Hoppe Hoppe Reiter" with my toddlers lol (a German nursery song where kids get bounced on the lap, then "thrown" off the horse).

My grandma used to play that with me when I was little! She was born in Germany. I looked up a translation of the lyrics once and was mildly horrified :pb_lol:

17 hours ago, Lurky said:

I don't understand how they need a chaperone when they have the damn camera crew there!  At this point, it's just for show, like everything they do.   I'd think it was sweet etc, if they were able to have a moment that was just about each other, rather than doing things for the TV.

I've wondered that too, but then I just realized that the camera crew are a bunch of heathen non-fundies who wouldn't care if an unmarried couple made out.

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

My grandma used to play that with me when I was little! She was born in Germany. I looked up a translation of the lyrics once and was mildly horrified - snip-

Lol, my mom jokes that every German nursery rhyme, and/Or folktale was designed to teach children about the realities of life (or the importance of work).  Like, for example: The original Grimm tales are quite bloody *__*  and yup, I was raised on the originals (anything else would have been blasphemous to her, haha).

I know we got some Office viewers here ~ I loved whenever they did the any German backstories for Dwight (they were always spot on!).  My favorite was him reading "strewwelpeter" to the visiting kids.  Neither my husband, nor my mom's therapist, could believe that was a real children's book.  Only German's lol!

( en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struwwelpeter )

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

I know we got some Office viewers here ~ I loved whenever they did the any German backstories for Dwight (they were always spot on!).  My favorite was him reading "strewwelpeter" to the visiting kids.  Neither my husband, nor my mom's therapist, could believe that was a real children's book.  Only German's lol!

Dwight! :my_heart: I miss them so much!  Bears, beets, ...

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We play this as "This is the way the ladies ride"  Same idea different language.

Wow! I've never "met" anyone outside my family who knows that game. It's been passed down in my family from my Scottish grandfather.

Maybe, do you also know the tickling game where you touch different spots on the child's face? "Here sits the Lord Mayor. Here sit his men. Here sits the cock, here sits the hen. Here sit the little chicks. See them run in." And then you tickle under their chin?

Does anyone else remember "Hot Trot to Boston"? I can find something similar online but not this exact version. It was played while bouncing on an adult's foot, very similar to the Hoppe Hoppe Reiter.

Hot trot to Boston to buy a loaf of bread.

Hot trot home again, there wasn't any baked.

Hot trot to Boston to buy a loaf of bread.

Hot trot home again, old Trot's dead!

46 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Maybe, do you also know the tickling game where you touch different spots on the child's face? "Here sits the Lord Mayor. Here sit his men. Here sits the cock, here sits the hen. Here sit the little chicks. See them run in." And then you tickle under their chin?

Yup, that is also a German thing. But the version I know ends at the ear and you pull it a bit and no animals involved. I had no look finding it online, because I know it with heavy Swabian dialect. But I'm sure that there is a Standard German version too.

15 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jinger's comment about when the Lord provides kids. There's been endless speculation about whether they are preventing pregnancy and to me this points to no. We will have to see if there is a very special announcement next week. 

Also, the lack of a special announcement from Jilliard makes me wonder if they are doing OK. 

Likely because she was keeping it vague again by saying that when she does have kids she could go to that store. She has yet to say that she and Jeremy want as many kids as the Lord allows. She and Jeremy are the only couple who haven't said that. It has been a go-to line for every relationship  we have seen from this family.

Now that Joy and Austin have confirmed they want as many kids as God allows I think she is going to be the sister with the biggest brood. 

Our horsey-knee kids' thing was "Ride a Little Horsey" - so funny.

(German/English/Cherokee roots here - or so I've been told. Waiting on my 23 and Me results.)

8 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Lol, my mom jokes that every German nursery rhyme, and/Or folktale was designed to teach children about the realities of life (or the importance of work).  Like, for example: The original Grimm tales are quite bloody *__*  and yup, I was raised on the originals (anything else would have been blasphemous to her, haha).

Actually, it annoys me that they are making Brother's Grimm stories PC, and HC Andersen as well. I grew up on them. My grandma told us that Baba Yaga would come from the chimney and take us if we didnt behave;)

16 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Was it me or did Austin's dad kiss Joy on her forehead when he was congratulating them on the engagement?? 

I like that he doesn't mind the physical contact but it is weird that Joy and Austin aren't allowed to that kind of stuff

A little weird, but in line with what they have said/done.

1.Them choosing limitations for there courtships is about not stirring up desires they can't righteous fulfill. So no kissing/intimacy that makes them want to jump each other's bones. 

2. They very much treat each other's parents as their own prior to marriage. So austins dad kissing her is no different than boob doing it. It's not forbidden because joy isn't going to get all hot and bothered by hugging her FIL. I think this has a lot to do with Southern/fundie culture. Austin said "I love you mom" at the wedding to Michelle. 

Finally just watched the new episode! Thoughts:

Oh my gosh that proposal. It was so sincere. Jessa and Ben's made me a little emotional, but I was straight up crying at Joy's. She and Austin seem like a wonderful match. I didn't have a good feel for their relationship during the wedding episode, which I guess is understandable since we had seen practically NONE of the courtship. But now they might be my favorite couple. Dad Forsyth clearly loves them both.

Henry is SUCH a serious baby! He looks eternally petrified. He's hilarious. Jessa and Ben make charming children. Glad Ben helps so much with the hands-on parenting duties when he's not working.

The Dullards' plan for if something goes wrong with Jill's pregnancy in Sintral Amurrrrica terrified me. The plan was basically "seek some kind of medical care and hope we can make it back to the states in time." Seriously?! There are women who hemorrhage and bleed to death at 5 or 6 months along. What if she had gone into early labor? What if she'd had a uterine rupture? I don't understand how D-wreck thought that was acceptable. No WAY would future-Mr. bananabread take me into an environment like that while pregnant. Does D-wreck not want to work a 9-5 job THAT badly?

How did JinJer afford all those presents.......????? Oh, right. Show money. :)

8 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Wow! I've never "met" anyone outside my family who knows that game. It's been passed down in my family from my Scottish grandfather.

Don't know that one,  but do you remember "Round and round the garden"?

I have to admit that something about Austin really rubs me the wrong way. I get a bad vibe from him. I hope it's mostly just because he's really uncomfortable and stiff in front of the cameras or something. I really want my impression of him to be wrong.

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

Does anyone else remember "Hot Trot to Boston"? I can find something similar online but not this exact version. It was played while bouncing on an adult's foot, very similar to the Hoppe Hoppe Reiter.

I remember the first part, there may have been more verses. I grew up in and still live in Boston and you don't want to fall in when you hot trot to Lynn!

Hot Trot to Boston

Hot Trot to Lynn

Watch out baby

Don't fall in!

13 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

FunUndies!I had that book.My mother gave it to me when she was visiting my family.I was horrified by the pictures!Plus,it was in German so my boys would not have understood,unless I translated it..lol.

I play This is the Way the Lady Rides with my nieces and nephew all the time, although slightly different than the official version. 

I also wondered where Jinger got dat money... she sure bought a lot. 

32 minutes ago, melon said:

FunUndies!I had that book.My mother gave it to me when she was visiting my family.I was horrified by the pictures!Plus,it was in German so my boys would not have understood,unless I translated it..lol.

Fun fact: It was written by a psychiatric doctor for his son. And he portrays disorders in it. ADHD or Anorexia for example. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived