Coconut Flan

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Austin, you've been married less than a month, cool it with the "I can't wait to make this 19-year-old squirt out a hundred of my babies" comments! Calmate por favor!

Austin may end up with a reality check of what kids are like and taking care of them at a young age around the clock, he hasn't exactly experienced that much himself.  Dreams and reality, man.

First up this season was exciting...per Daphne Oz...not me

First "season"!   Gag!!

Wait, the Vuolos have a FOUR BEDROOM APT?!?!?!

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

Wait, the Vuolos have a FOUR BEDROOM APT?!?!?!

No, they bought a four-bedroom house.

Really? Just talking about the garden? Although I'don't love one like that....Jana did say she and James work on it.

The phrase Next season.....was dropped too....

If there is a baby in Jinger and Jeremy's immediate future, they are not saying it.  I hope they have more time to just be a couple before they start having kids.  I can hope, right? Probably in vain, right?

Okay, they just said Joy did the "casual things girls do when they have a crush." Like writing his name everywhere. Just like she could have done if she went to school and had a crush there.

Oh good grief more about courtship rules...

Counting On: The After Show

This will be the 3rd recap, I know kinda silly but here we are. I started with Anne of Green Gables and now I’m here! I am prepping for this lovely show with wine and chocolate. I should have turned the volume up before now because these people mumble!

Oooh a building. They all come in and are picking out clothes. Jessa is holding Henry and talking about how awesome it is to have Jinger and Jeremy back from Texas. Joy talks about how much has happened, they got engaged and Joe and Kendra started courting and yeahhhh! The host is introducing herself to the Duggars and they are just going to chat. She’s pregnant with her third child. So much is happening here. Lady! Who are you kidding? There is nothing happening here, it’s the same ole, same ole. Behind in the scenes goodies. “Hiiii!” A Big family reunion? Yeah because they don’t spend much time together. Jinger says it’s exciting to be back. Time to do a recap. Baby #2 for Jessa and Ben, it hasn’t been too big of an adjustment for Henry and Spurgeon. Just the same thing that she said the last week I recapped about it being difficult when they can’t talk to you. Evenings when Ben is home is so much better. What does Ben do? Spurgeon didn’t sleep through the night until he was 16 months old, so they were struggling a little bit.

Asking Austin and Joy about kids. Austin says that if Ben and Jessa can do it, then they can do it. Ben tells Austin that he can get practice because they have two kids and they are just there. Asking Jinger if marriage is different then engagement and courtship. Well duh. Jinger says that they are just enjoying marriage and each other. Talking about buying a new house. Asking about there being a nursery and Jinger answers that there is four bedrooms but basically doesn’t say that it’s a nursey. Jana says that it can moved out and that they will be doing it. She mentions Jana being busy with helping Jinger and Jeremy. Now they are talking about her garden and she seems to really enjoy it. Apparently James helps. Newleyweds of 26 or 27 days. It was a suuuuuper easy adjustment according to Joy. They have been travelling the whole time, we know that. You guys travelled for a long time. Switzerland eh? Congratulating Joe on the engagement asking about Kendra. They have known her for about 5 years. They are getting married later this fall but they’re not sure exactly when. Jill and Derick culdn’t join and they are ready to have Samuel Scott. Anyone surprised? Good lord, they aren’t preventing it. Jessa said that they were very excited and to find out that it’s another boy. Now they both have two boys and all these little boys are great! Will they go back to Scary America? Of course. #DirtyJesus

What’s new with JD? Flight training stuff. JD is vauge about what he is doing but volunteering and Josiah is trying to keep up with JD. Although he is not a co-pilot. Josiah wouldn’t be able to drive JD’s 10 seater. Jessa says that JD is good and they all trust him, he’s amazing. Pimping him out! Yoooo fundie maidens. Although…bachelor to the rapture. Joy is awwwing over the courtship and so is Jessa. Joy apparently didn’t know what to say. She was interested in him for so long. Apparently Austin showed the rest of them up. The courtship hug was their first hug. :o Holy moly! Did you knw that Austin was interested in you? Joy did know but she only knew a couple of months ago. He was praying about her but she was shocked because she liked him for four years before that. Awww puppy love. He’s four years older than her. That’s fairly normal in the real world. Jana is saying that she wasn’t very good at keeping it under wraps. I like this Jana she is pure telling on everyone. They are basically preteen girls. Apparently Joy wrote her name on the wall and stuff and it was clear as the writing on the wall but Austin apparently still didn’t catch on. Of course they caught on says Joy, they are my sisters. Austin apparently talked to Jana about all of this. Joy volunteered to help Austin with houses, he went to Jana and asked if something was going on. And Jana told on her because Jana is everyone’s wingwoman? Well then, the true Mrs. Bennett, watch out Jill Rod. JD is a mentor for Austin and he was asking him for advice on relationships and stuff. JD “He’s asking me for relationship advice, the guy who has never been in one.” Asking John if he felt used.

Courtship, blah blah blah. Courtship is more romantic, before that you’re friends. Oh dear god. This is so dull. Where’s that wine glass? Broke the rules? Did anyone? Hmmmmm! Oh the drama. How will I deal with all of this? Where did I put my wine? Also I think my cat has a crush on JD. But she cannot have babies!

I'm wondering how in the hello kitty they can afford to buy a 4 bedroom brick house on one income??????

1 minute ago, SayWhat said:

I find Daphne Oz so fucking annoying !  Good Lord, She is on Mullet level of annoying !  YMMV 

and she totally is letting them run with anything and doesn't seem to playing ball 

she is a lightweight - I would have rather seen Erica Hill and be daring and call them out 

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I'm wondering how in the hello kitty they can afford to buy a 4 bedroom brick house on one income??????

It's only 150k, that's how.

4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

It's only 150k, that's how.

$701 a month or even less if they had a decent down payment which is cheaper than a bachelor here. so perhaps $500 which is insane

and Ben seems really heartfelt in his little speech - 

4 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Jeremy's salary, TLC money, and maybe some from Boob. But that would have to be a lot of moolah for them to have come up with if they were going to avoid having to pay a mortgage (read: go into debt -- gasp!).

This bunch certainly isn't helping my 24-hour migraine. *donning second pair of cranky pants*

I'm seriously regretting my choice to stay awake for this drivel. First full day on the new job was exhausting and quite stressful. I'll have to read the recap later. Thanks for doing it, @Carm_88.

Oh, For.The.Love.  the Putman wackadoodles are back. .... stumbling to liquor cabinet on way to bed ....  Rufus, make it stop!!!!

hi I am late to the shindig, mostly because i didnt want to come. This show is just like ever other after show they have ever done. Rufus save us...

Jana is saying that time flies and it’s nice to see. Broken courtship rules? Joseph says that they have a lot of accountability. Did John break any rules? He hasn’t had a chance to break any rules. Ben is going to give us a long convulted answer and nope he didn’t break any rules but he did talk about God a lot. Thank God jesus turned water into wine because Ben is going to drive me to drink more and more. It’s a given that they are persuing someone for marriage that you are really attracted to them, that’s why they get married quickly. Well we knew that. Thanks Jessa. Daphne Oz talks about physical intimacy and said that it’s important but Jessa knew. John says that most of their friends don’t do it this way. They feel that they are trying to live their lives with as little regret as they can. Josiah says that you’re showing respect for the other person and this is showing that you care. No please, show me that you know how to kiss. That is really important. “It’s more about what you can give then what you can get.” Says John David.

What about Joe and Kendra? They didn’t hold hands until they were engaged nor did they say I love You. They didn’t want to get too emotionally involved. They were in each other’s hearts in the courtship stage but the whole I love you thing was important to her. They drew it all up before they started. Oh boy! Jinger’s move! Siblings involved! Duggar sized opinions! Where is Jeremy’s books going? In the closet of course, where he shoves all the homosexuals. Jeremy and Jinger are laughing about Jessa shoving the books in the closet. Jeremy has a strained smile as the books are shoved in the closet. See this is why they bought a bigger house. Now they’re talking abut the Rembrandt print. Inger is shaking her head and Jeremy is nodding along. Jana is laughing and Joy is giggling and Austin thanks god that he can finally stroke her arm. But physical touch is notttt important. Books have their own room now, I told you that’s why they bought the house. Apparently Daphene’s husband has bad taste and so does Jeremy who didn’t have a clue that his stuff was bad. He’s still talking about the Rembrandt. Ok Jeremy we get it. You’re like the worldly one. Jinger let Jessa be the bad guy, that doesn’t shock me. Quieter people tend to do that. It’s kinda funny and yes it is a solid strategy. Was Jessa always the take charge one? Jana, Jessa, Joy, Johannah. Every 5th child or so are the take charge one.

Who does Jinger choose between Jeremy and Jessa? Jeremy’s side but neither of them are super take charge because they love what Jessa does. Jinger and Jeremy took the plunge and got married. That’s an absolute shocker. That was all of last season. We are talking about the weepy goodbyes. Sacred heart of god. Are we this far back. “Don’t ugly cry” says Jeremy. You back off, every girl needs an ugly cry now and again. Major recapes of Jinger crying and I wouldn’t say that it’s ugly crying. Jessa says that it’s always hard and that it was harder for Jinger because it was right away. Jill and Derick went to Central America the year after. Jessa clearly misses Jinger, I feel that she just deals with Jill. Mostly for the show. Did you realize how quickly it would happen? Jinger says that it was overwheleming. Moving away is difficult and it’s hard not to hear everything that is going on. She misses the sibling gossip. Jinger is a great example to Jessa because she’s an empath basically. She doesn’t do good deeds for show and Jessa struggles with that but being a Mom and a wife helps with that. Are John David and Josiah going to be distraught? No because he’s staying close by. It’s more difficult when they move far away like Jill and Derick. John David doesn’t seem overly concerned about Joe moving.

Ohhhh boy the Putmans! Where’s that wine? :P I keep emptying the glass but it doesn't refill itself! Life is hard. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Ohhhh boy the Putmans! Where’s that wine? :P I keep emptying the glass but it doesn't refill itself! Life is hard. 

Someone should live recap the Putmans show.... (cough, cough) ... 

okay so this dillard update from Jessa is so weird to me.... she puts her eyes down when saying everything is okay.  I feel like there is kind of a lack of honesty coming down. Whats going on with them...

Okay wtf was that sneak peak show? 

Announcementioned on baby Dillard, but no new photos, just said Jill and baby "were doing well."

Looked like an RJ to me, too. No way they flew nonstop from XNA (I think that's the public airport they use most often) to Danger America. They had to fly to "somewhere else" to board the international flight.

Usually Dallas , Chicago, or Charolet are the common stops from XNA and close to same from Tulsa. I believe Alligent is the only airline that has non-stops from the two airports. But they only fly to Orlando, Vegas, and LAX.

6 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I'm seriously regretting my choice to stay awake for this drivel. First full day on the new job was exhausting and quite stressful. I'll have to read the recap later. Thanks for doing it, @Carm_88.

I hope your new job goes well - congrats on it!

The Putmans did end up getting their own show? Just when you think TLC couldn't sink much lower...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived