IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

and listens to The Beatles though. 

Could you imagine a Duggar listening to The" bigger than Jesus" Beatles?  The scandal!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Lawson would be a bad match for Jana. He may be a fame whore, but I don't get an abusive vibe from him. He also seems to like he loves kids. Plus, he will likely be able to provide the lifestyle that Jana is accustomed to.

@PainfullyAware I have had the theory for a while that Jana and JD had some kind of pact, due to the molestation issue.  Like maybe they wanted to stick around until the youngest victim was out. I sincerely hope they wouldn't sacrifice themselves until Josie is an adult. 

I just feel bad that Jana is still in a girls dorm.  Who gets up with the little kids when they are sick in the middle of the night, or have a bad dream or accident? Not Michelle! 

I think Jim Boob and Michelle owe Jana her own car, and her own room, at the very least. She should be able to come and go as she pleases, without dragging a gaggle of kids with her.  She had done enough, raising her siblings and now her nieces and nephews. You know Anna is going to have to leave her older kids at the compound while she takes care of her new baby. 

20 hours ago, viii said:

I don't know if I buy this, though. Jana has been of marrying age for years now, and Josh's scandal and cover-ups have all been relatively recent (his fall from grace was... 2014? 2015?) I just don't think that's the reason why she's single, but it might play a part into why she's STILL single. 

You're forgetting the whole molesting-his-little-sisters thing, which while WE the people might not have found out about till recently, Jana on the other hand has known at least since Josh confessed to his dad (after being confronted). So she knows much more than we do, and she saw him then be pawned off on an unsuspecting clueless virgin Anna. With (IIRC) Jill's comment about how sibling molestation being "common", Jana may simply believe that even guys who come across as clean-as-a-whistle (like her brother) are highly likely to have similar skeletons in the closet. And she just doesn't feel like playing those odds, at least not with any of the guys she's met yet.

1 hour ago, formerpastorswife said:

You're forgetting the whole molesting-his-little-sisters thing, which while WE the people might not have found out about till recently, Jana on the other hand has known at least since Josh confessed to his dad (after being confronted). So she knows much more than we do, and she saw him then be pawned off on an unsuspecting clueless virgin Anna. With (IIRC) Jill's comment about how sibling molestation being "common", Jana may simply believe that even guys who come across as clean-as-a-whistle (like her brother) are highly likely to have similar skeletons in the closet. And she just doesn't feel like playing those odds, at least not with any of the guys she's met yet.

You're completely right in that aspect. I'm sure she's also disappointed at how easily the media and everyone has tried to sweep it back under the rug. 

Never mind.  Someone did the registry as a joke.  Jana's name was on a wedding registry.  I was buying a shower gift for my nephew's wedding and put the name Duggar in for kicks. 

I hope Jana stays single for awhile. If she does get married, I am sure it will turn into a brief media circus: Jana got married. Jana found her Prince Charming. Who's dress where Jana wear?

On 9/14/2017 at 0:35 PM, viii said:

I'm sure she's also disappointed at how easily the media and everyone has tried to sweep it back under the rug. 

That's reaching - she drinks the kool-aid just as hard as everyone else in her family does, and I think she'll fiercely defend her family against the evil media just like everyone else.

Jana said in an interview she'd like a guy who works with his hands that she can help with his job. Made me wonder if she was speaking of someone specifically and every time Ben brings someone to fix the house and they all work together I think "ooh is it that one?" Michaella Bates prayed and prayed for Brandon. Really liked him a long time before he turned to her. Jana and Michaella are good friends. I'm wondering if its the same deal. She has someone in mind.  

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165334593859/so-jrodjr06-on-instagram-posted-pics-of-the#notes

What do you guys think about Jana and Laura going to Laredo but not being featured on the show? 

Do you think TLC is trying to save money by not paying her for the episode or do you think Jana doesn't want to be included in filming?

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I hope it's Janas choice to stay single. She's almost 28 years old sleeping in the same room as her younger siblings

I think she's has her own room. Isn't Grandma Duggar's room vacant? Even if their friend Laura stays in there also, it's better than sharing a room with little girls.  

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Racehorse here, too. Stupid autocorrect. T that's Ravenclaw.

Not that I'm not happy that you're a Ravenclaw, but I was momentarily excited at the prospect of an internet-using racehorse. :my_biggrin:

It would be fine if Jana never married or had children. I hate that all value for women (according to their religious beliefs) centers around getting married to a "Godly young man" that automatically becomes head of their household/world and how many babies they have. 

In fact more and more churches are focused on this outcome for all women. The church has tons of sermons and events for newly weds and young families, but the church never focuses on strong, single women. There is an author named Kaye Dacus who has a very interesting blog post about this topic called, "Thirty-Something & Never Been Kissed Get-Out-of-Here!" 

Link: https://kayedacus.com/2009/08/11/thirtysomething-and-never-been-kissed-getouttahere/   

It would be fine... if that's what Jana wanted. However, if she DOES want marriage and children, then it's sad it's not happening for her yet. 

40 minutes ago, viii said:

It would be fine... if that's what Jana wanted. However, if she DOES want marriage and children, then it's sad it's not happening for her yet. 

I agree. I've always thought that Jana is the prettiest Duggar. I picture JimBob beating back the prospective suitors with a stick. She's gorgeous and seems genuine, smart, and capable. 

6 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

Found this on the ILBP website, along with the Journey to the Heart programs.

Ok 1) that is really sad to see existing in freaking 2017.  2) I thoroughly enjoy seeing the fundies try to sound hip to what the kids are saying these days! “ain’t nobody got time for dat!”

22 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

https://lifesrealjourney.com/journey/the-overlook/

Found this on the ILBP website, along with the Journey to the Heart programs. I'd imagine Jana has attended at least once

One of the speakers is listed as Becky Keilen. I wonder if that is Brandon Keilen's sister?

In a cult where 21 is considered over the hill if you aren't married. In reality Jana being single at 27 is normal and her sisters are weird getting married & pregnant so fast.  What ever the reasoning behind it Jana & John David are in no hurry to marry off and fill their quivers.  I'm guessing it has a lot to do with seeing the bull shit they were subjected to and just not wanting that for themselves, but not having the ability to rock the boat beyond staying single.

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

In a cult where 21 is considered over the hill if you aren't married. 

That's far from true. Most of them are over 21 when they get married, even the women.

On 13/09/2017 at 9:39 AM, justoneoftwo said:

Jill left her kids.  Jessa did so.  I agree it may be harder for some than others, but people do that.  Its part of what is so horrible about sister moms.  I think if she had the right opportunity she would go.  

But their leaving makes it harder for her to do so. In that sense, Joy really did a number on her, leaving her as the only house mom.

She must be conscious of how much the TTH depends on her. Rightly or wrongly she may not trust that someone else could run things as well. And I think she would worry about the little kids' wellbeing, and feel guilty about leaving them. Families have this sort of dynamic all the time. Siblings, children, parents can all feel implicitly beholden to caretake their family members rather than get on with their own lives, often for good reason. 

Whatever the facts, she's clearly very invested in the tth. She has purpose there and a clear role. I don't think she'll leave unless the alternative offered is something she wants MORE. And tbh, what's any fundie guy got to offer her except more of the same, but with an untested headship?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived