IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

31 minutes ago, seraaa said:

The question at this point is who is NOT watching Love Island

(Strongest feeling is that Olivia and Chris need to split up sorry not sorry)

Who do you think are going home tonight in the eviction? Have you seen the previews for tonight's episode? Lots of drama set to explode tonight. I wish there was a way to send Gabby home without sending Marcel home cause I don't think she's into him at all any more.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Who do you think are going home tonight in the eviction? Have you seen the previews for tonight's episode? Lots of drama set to explode tonight. I wish there was a way to send Gabby home without sending Marcel home cause I don't think she's into him at all any more.

I really like Gabby and Marcel! As friends. I have no idea who might go tonight, and it looks like it might be someone unexpected

On 6/28/2017 at 0:24 AM, Kayleigh83 said:

Hmm what did everyone think of the hints about Jana possibly having a special someone in this week's episode? It could be bullshit but it seemed a little more specific and a little more overt than what we've gotten in the past, which is usually a producer point blank asking Jana (out of nowhere) if she's courting or getting to know anyone, and her uncomfortably shrugging and saying no.....

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/162328579756/teasing-or-not-annie

Clip of this weeks episode for the interaction I'm talking about.

As a heads up for everyone, on tonight's episode, the After Show part 1, they're going to show that same clip and make it seem like Jana has an announcement to make. But don't fall for it! That clip that the whole world thought Jana had someone is nothing but teasing and TLC's bull. They're going to reveal Jana told Jill and Derick. Be warned! Don't give in! Lol

I saw part of the episode on YouTube, but it was quickly taken down. 

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

As a heads up for everyone, on tonight's episode, the After Show part 1, they're going to show that same clip and make it seem like Jana has an announcement to make. But don't fall for it! That clip that the whole world thought Jana had someone is nothing but teasing and TLC's bull. They're going to reveal Jana told Jill and Derick. Be warned! Don't give in! Lol

I saw part of the episode on YouTube, but it was quickly taken down. 

What did Jana tell Jill and Derick?

My guide finally has a description of part two:  "a special guest or two show up"

44 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

What did Jana tell Jill and Derick?

She told them the sex of Ben and Jessa's baby.

No special guests tonight. Next week the 'special guests' are coming. I'm not sure whether people want it spoiled or not, but I will tell you that it's not very exciting. I watched the Part I of the 'After Show' today (for some reason I got it early on iTunes) and posted my recap in the Counting On thread if anyone's interested.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She told them the sex of Ben and Jessa's baby.

No special guests tonight. Next week the 'special guests' are coming. I'm not sure whether people want it spoiled or not, but I will tell you that it's not very exciting. I watched the Part I of the 'After Show' today (for some reason I got it early on iTunes) and posted my recap in the Counting On thread if anyone's interested.

I wouldn't mind knowing! It's probably Kendra. Next season is set to premier September 11th. I wonder when the next courtship announcement will be. Part 2? Next season? It won't be Jana though. I have my money inn Josiah. After that, could be John, Jed or Jer. 

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I wouldn't mind knowing! It's probably Kendra. Next season is set to premier September 11th. I wonder when the next courtship announcement will be. Part 2? Next season? It won't be Jana though. I have my money inn Josiah. After that, could be John, Jed or Jer. 

Spoiler

It's Kendra, Jim Bob & Michelle and Spurgeon and Henry.

@singsingsing--In regards to 2 of the names under the spoiler: :puke-front:. Not really surprising, just frustrating that TLC is slowly reintroducing everything and everyone that made up 19KAC.

Let's remember that for all their gilded vanity, you haven't heard any transphobic comments from the Duggars about Caitlyn's transition (Yes, squabbles over her vs Kris Jenner's past recollections but NO negativity about Caitlyn being a trans woman now). 

You will also never hear any comments about Scott or Lamar Odom' s addiction issues being some kind of moral or personal failing- only that it's a disease.

Also they are pretty vocal at pushing back on hatred of inter racial marriage and racism in general (I'm thinking of a post Sierra wrote about Blue Lives Matter). 

So yes the Kardashiand represent the ultimate in conspicuous consumption and revel in their looks and wealth but I'll still take that over the bigoted prejudice of the 'respectable Duggars.

9 hours ago, seraaa said:

The question at this point is who is NOT watching Love Island

(Strongest feeling is that Olivia and Chris need to split up sorry not sorry)

Saw 5 mins of season one. Couldn't be bothered since.

4 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

you haven't heard any transphobic comments from the Duggars about Caitly

I presume you meant to say the Kardashians not making any comments, right? Then yes, I agree with this.

1 hour ago, snickers34 said:

I presume you meant to say the Kardashians not making any comments, right? Then yes, I agree with this.

Yes! I definitely mean Kardashian statements on Caitlyn's transition...the Duggars are definitely transphobic. Thanks for catching that!

Just pure speculation but they pointed out the names of Laura D. and a Krystal Hendrich (is that the spelling of her name?) in one of this seasons episodes. Afaik we have looked into Laura's family, if there is a brother, but what about a brother of Krystal's? Do we know something about her and her family?

On 17.7.2017 at 2:17 AM, AnnaRuk09 said:

Where the hell did those rumors originate from?? Sounds like bullshit. The Duggar parents would never freaking allow even the shadow of that to happen.

Jennifer Hartono is following Frank as well as.

There could definately be a connection between the Duggars and Frank Sun.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

Just pure speculation but they pointed out the names of Laura D. and a Krystal Hendrich (is that the spelling of her name?) in one of this seasons episodes. Afaik we have looked into Laura's family, if there is a brother, but what about a brother of Krystal's? Do we know something about her and her family?

Jennifer Hartono is following Frank as well as.

There could definately be a connection between the Duggars and Frank Sun.

Isn't the connection that he worked at their house filming 19kac? That's presumably where Jennifer Hartono met him? 

16 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

So yes the Kardashiand represent the ultimate in conspicuous consumption and revel in their looks and wealth but I'll still take that over the bigoted prejudice of the 'respectable Duggars.

Plus didn't Kim use her platform to speak out against people denying the Armenian genocide? 

On 7/17/2017 at 4:19 AM, Lurky said:

They provide entertainment to people who enjoy them.  Do reality TV stars need to do more than that?  If that's morally wrong, they aren't the only ones - there's Big Brother, The Bachelor/ette/Love Island/Honey Boo Boo/The Real Housewives canon/Made In Chelsea/The Girls of The Playboy Mansion/Dance Moms/Toddlers & Tiaras, and pretty much the whole Reality canon - including the Duggars and the Bates.

I totally respect everyone's right to like or dislike programmes, but the vitriol reserved for the Kardashians - a programme that's about powerful women making tons of money for themselves - seems extreme to me.  But above all, I don't understand why this sentiment:

counts to them and not most of the Reality canon.  And how is that different from the Duggars?  What charity work do they do?  How are they wholesome, really?  As was said upthread, if Rob Kardashian had abused his sisters, there's no question Kim would have got him, and his sisters, treatment.  And there's no evidence of the Kardashians using their powers to try to limit other people's rights, like the Duggars have, multiple times.

And per "what good do the Kardashians do in the world", I really liked the older sisters highlighting the genocide in Armenia, and to an audience who wouldn't have a clue.  I would recommend googling "Kardashian charity work" if you really ARE interested, @sansan as it popped up a ton of results, from Kim donating 10% of her earnings to charity every year, to asking for donations to a hospital instead of baby gifts, and so on.  Some links for you:

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/photo-gallery/41280096/embed/41280209/She-Refused-Baby-Gifts-After-North-Birth-Instead-Asked-Donations

As I say, I'm not a Kardashian fan, but I don't see why they're held to different standards than other "reality" programmes.

Well thank you, Lurky, after all I did practically beg for the information, didn't I? It is just so many young girls watch the K family and hope they don't emulate them too much.

Something I found interesting on last night's episode was Jana admitting that after witnessing so many home births, she would prefer to give birth in a hospital. Who knows if Jana wants to give birth at all, but it's nice to know she doesn't necessarily feel pressured to continue the home birth trend of her sisters/Anna. 

7 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

Something I found interesting on last night's episode was Jana admitting that after witnessing so many home births, she would prefer to give birth in a hospital. Who knows if Jana wants to give birth at all, but it's nice to know she doesn't necessarily feel pressured to continue the home birth trend of her sisters/Anna. 

She is likely the one who has done the cleaning up after each of these home births! :my_sick: But good for her, having an opinion independent of her sisters. 

36 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

It will most likely greatly depend on what her future husband thinks is best. But did she say in a hospital? I remember her saying near a hospital and also giving birth in a birth center. 

9 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It will most likely greatly depend on what her future husband thinks is best. But did she say in a hospital? I remember her saying near a hospital and also giving birth in a birth center. 

She said that she thought a birth centre was a good compromise, and I interpreted her 'nearer to a hospital' comment as meaning she'd rather have a birth that was nearer to a hospital birth than a home birth, but she could have meant actual physical proximity to a hospital. 

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She said that she thought a birth centre was a good compromise, and I interpreted her 'nearer to a hospital' comment as meaning she'd rather have a birth that was nearer to a hospital birth than a home birth, but she could have meant actual physical proximity to a hospital. 

Which is already a huge improvement compared to the cavalier-bordering-dangerous attitude displayed by Jill and Jessa - insist on home birth and go to the hospital at the last possible minute, bugger all the potential, devastating consequences for mom and child. :tw_angry:

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

As @singsingsing said, she mentioned a birthing center was a good compromise or near a hospital as you said. I admit, I did read between the lines, though. The way she made her comment seemed like she was trying to say she would prefer a hospital birth to home birth but didn't want to come across as disrespecting her sisters' decision for home births.   As far as her future husband thinks and how much Jana will bend to his wishes, who knows. I look at Jessa and Ben's relationship, and it seems as if Jessa is ultimately the alpha in that marriage - which honestly, is probably the best dynamic for her type of personality. Jana seems to have her own mind as well - just in a quiet and reserved manner.  

@ThunderRolls Yeah, I got the impression that she would like to have the hospital as a close option in case something happens, but would like to work with an experienced team of midwives, possibly at a special professional center. 

Looking at Jessa and Ben, you're right that Jessa is the Alpha. I don't necessarily think it's because Ben is a few years younger, but because he doesn't have any cojones. I tend to view Jana as the softest and gentlest out of all the sisters. While she doesn't really open up on camera, and while it does seem like she can have a rather strong opinion (Jessa vs. Jana with the picture frame last season), it seems like in the end she's very quiet/gentle and ultimately obedient. I would imagine that this would be more so with a future fundie husband with a firmer character.

19 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

While she doesn't really open up on camera, and while it does seem like she can have a rather strong opinion (Jessa vs. Jana with the picture frame last season), it seems like in the end she's very quiet/gentle and ultimately obedient. I would imagine that this would be more so with a future fundie husband with a firmer character.

I'm kinda like Jana. I wouldn't say I'm obedient. Sometimes completely not. I just pick and choose my battles. Jana might be quiet but she gets what she wants. And she does need someone with a firmer character, mostly because a softie would be eaten alive tbh. Quiet but deadly. A firmer person is a challenge and we like that. I would have thoroughly enjoyed arguing with Jessa about the picture frames and the books in the closet and anything else she was doing at that moment. Just for the sake of arguing. Also, quiet doesn't always mean gentle. We don't see Janas real personality all that often. She's good at hiding. That's kinda like me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived