IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

Anyone know where I can find a sample of Jana's writing? I unexpectedly stumbled across an anonymous, since-deleted post that contained a bunch of details identical to her life (I'm keeping this intentionally vague). If it isn't her, it's probably some other fundie woman whose situation circumstantially resembles hers, but I'd love to be able to compare it to something we know she wrote.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, baaaaaaaabe said:

He reminds me so much of Sean Lowe the "virgin bachelor". His wife Catherine is now so different than she was on the show. She's very "good Christian, choir singing, meek wifey" these days.

13 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

Anyone know where I can find a sample of Jana's writing? I unexpectedly stumbled across an anonymous, since-deleted post that contained a bunch of details identical to her life (I'm keeping this intentionally vague). If it isn't her, it's probably some other fundie woman whose situation circumstantially resembles hers, but I'd love to be able to compare it to something we know she wrote.

That we know she wrote without help and lots of editing/a ghostwriter? To my knowledge there's nothing like that out there.

Somewhere buried in history is the letter she wrote while at JTTH years and years ago.  I believe it was posted in a thread.

2 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

He reminds me so much of Sean Lowe the "virgin bachelor". His wife Catherine is now so different than she was on the show. She's very "good Christian, choir singing, meek wifey" these days.

Yeah, I was so sad to see Catherine change so radically. It was odd when he chose her - liberal, feminist, outspoken/the exact opposite of what he proclaimed to want - and then she completely changed herself for him. She moved to Texas, found Jesus, and is now a dutiful wife and mother. Not as extreme as the Duggars of course, but still. 

11 minutes ago, buggers said:

Yeah, I was so sad to see Catherine change so radically. It was odd when he chose her - liberal, feminist, outspoken/the exact opposite of what he proclaimed to want - and then she completely changed herself for him. She moved to Texas, found Jesus, and is now a dutiful wife and mother. Not as extreme as the Duggars of course, but still. 

It's only sad if she's sad. She's a consenting adult who chose this herself. Maybe she finds joy and fulfillment in being a conservative Christian wife and mother. She definitely wouldn't be the first liberal to decide they preferred a conservative lifestyle (or vice versa).

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

It's only sad if she's sad. She's a consenting adult who chose this herself. Maybe she finds joy and fulfillment in being a conservative Christian wife and mother. She definitely wouldn't be the first liberal to decide they preferred a conservative lifestyle (or vice versa).

That is very true! I hope she's happy. It just seemed a very sudden change, but many find happiness in this. I have some fundie family members and the wife married into it. She worked a good job and lived a pretty secular life, but changed a lot when she married my uncle. She seems to thrive as a wife and mother however! 

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Somewhere buried in history is the letter she wrote while at JTTH years and years ago.  I believe it was posted in a thread.

Yes I was mistaken, this appears to have been really written by her, over 5 years ago now. It's very short and it's to be hoped that maybe her writing or thinking skills have improved even slightly? It reads like transcribed lecture notes + one anecdote about Michelle + lots of inappropriate exclamation points. 

http://livingthejourney.com/2012/01/26/all-things/

I'm so so sorry to burst the collective FJ bubble, but if Jana wrote like that, even 5 years ago, and hasn't made any move to leave the house (she's old enough and has Amy as an example), I think she's completely steeped in Kool-Aid. I will no longer hold my breath for her to be secretly rebelling/over it as many FJers dream. But I know hope springs eternal and all of that...

@neurogirl You writing that made me immediately think of Jinger. Before we knew she was courting, it sounded like everyone had their money on her being the one that would "let loose" and escape. Now look at where we are and who she married. A lot of people are now strongly regretting Jeremy and the fact Jinger married a catholic and homosexual hater. It will be the same with Jana. I think the bubble was bursted when she was born. It's my opinion that she will be the most loyal to fundamental Christian beliefs. 

I wonder to myself all the time what Michelle actually does for her family. Every aspect of parenting was farmed out to older kids, family friends, and in-laws long ago. Michelle doesn't even do shopping, cooking, packing or homeschooling for the family yet is a "stay-at-home-mom." It's baffling. Have her older kids ever realized this?

What does JB do?

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What does JB do?

:output_eeMbjt: Hey! Hey! Hey! ;) 

Its horrible they think like that. If kids are blessings, they shouldn't be counted so boastfully.

In the case of the Duggars, blessings in the sense that they provided the means for a lucrative TV show...more kids= more money!

I never understood what made people think Jana showed any hint of rebellion. 

I get why people got their hopes up about Jessa and Jinger. Jessa always showed a bit of attitude, and Jinger expressed interests that were a bit outside the Duggar box (living in a city, coffee, fashion, photography). Also those two seemed attached at the hip growing up, so it was easy to imagine them secretly plotting how to get out.

But all I've seen from Jana is that she's a bit shy on camera, and that she's willing to forsake any semblance of adult life or freedom in order to play caretaker to her younger siblings into her late 20s. Perhaps Jana is trying to protect her siblings from their parents' negligence, or delay her childbearing so that she ends up with a smaller brood. But that's all wild speculation. Based on the evidence presented (which is none), it's just as likely that she simply hasn't found the right guy, or is asexual, or is in a secret long-distance relationship with Tim Tebow, or any other number of things.

19 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

I never understood what made people think Jana showed any hint of rebellion. 

Jana was noticeably absent for a while from the 19KAC show, it was said that she was spending time at JTTH. JTTH is similar to ALERT and people were wondering why this happened. Now we don't know if Jana was just convicted to spend all the time there and if she truly liked it but it seemed odd. 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

She did an interview with JTTH that she was having difficulty with someone and needed to figure it out.

What?? I've never heard this before. Is this somewhere online? 

Also where did this idea come from that jtth is punishment? Pretty much all the bates girls went, and Ashley salyer, Chad Paine seems to have joyfully gone half a dozen times, and wasn't Jana a counselor there? Seems just like a fundie stay away camp.  

24 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Also where did this idea come from that jtth is punishment? Pretty much all the bates girls went, and Ashley salyer, Chad Paine seems to have joyfully gone half a dozen times, and wasn't Jana a counselor there? Seems just like a fundie stay away camp.  

JTTH is often seen as the female equivalent of ALERT. Somewhere that adolescent fundies go to spiritually focus (on the IBLP level of course) --- so, physical skills training and discipline for the guys in ALERT, and for the ladies' version lots of prayer on following their father's lead until God gives them a husband/dutifully serving their families via housework and chores/not being demanding or "expecting" in their interactions with men but rather meek and amicable/praying praying praying/etc. 

6 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

JTTH is often seen as the female equivalent of ALERT. Somewhere that adolescent fundies go to spiritually focus (on the IBLP level of course) --- so, physical skills training and discipline for the guys in ALERT, and for the ladies' version lots of prayer on following their father's lead until God gives them a husband/dutifully serving their families via housework and chores/not being demanding or "expecting" in their interactions with men but rather meek and amicable/praying praying praying/etc. 

Is JTTH the female equivalent of ALERT? Chad Paine went to JTTH a fee time like @picklepizzas said. I also remember something about Jana being a leader or counselor.

I have always thought that Jana saw JTTH more as a vacation.  She had less work, time to herself, and I believe for most of JTTH her own bed. 

1 minute ago, picklepizzas said:

Also where did this idea come from that jtth is punishment? Pretty much all the bates girls went, Chad Paine seems to have joyfully gone half a dozen times, and wasn't Jana a counselor there? Seems just like a fundie stay away camp.  

Here you go: http://www.inquisitr.com/2903693/jana-duggar-is-no-longer-outgoing-works-for-jessa-in-jill-jessa-counting-on-promo/

This was year ago.

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Yes, more specifically, Jana supposedly had issues with one or different members of her family, according to an interview she did in 2011, I believe, alongside Erin Bates. She recounts how God convicted her of the pride in her life and how she felt the need to get along with them and obey her parents. I don't think there was anything up with that. There are always conflicts that arise within families, even in ultra religious ones. 

I believe Jana was counselor there more than once. There is a 19KAC which shows her leading a group. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but other sisters, like Jill I believe, have been counselors there as well and other sisters have attended JTTH. Many of the Duggars' friends have attended the program as well. From what I understand, its purpose is to establish/strengthen their walk and direction with God. I don't believe Jana attending JTTH several times means she was rebelling. It's pretty much an all-girl fundie campout. She probably went there several times because she wanted to clothesline Jessa for bullying her throughout her childhood.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/07/journey-to-heart-photos.html

1 hour ago, JoyJoy said:

Is JTTH the female equivalent of ALERT? Chad Paine went to JTTH a fee time like @picklepizzas said. I also remember something about Jana being a leader or counselor.

Nope. Former ATI student here. You brought me out of lurkdom. STEP (Skills Training for Emergency Preparedness) is the female equivalent of ALERT. Journey to the Heart is for both males and females. It's more like a place to go if you want to search yourself for sins, fast, and spill your guts in confession to your group. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived