IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

If John David is courting, it must be even more isolating for Jana. Joseph will be married soon, and once JD follows suit, the next closest stay-at-home kiddult in age to Jana will be Josiah. 

It's really too bad that Jana can't be platonic roommates with one of those close female friends and have her own adult life.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What crappy "journalism". First the Kendra/Jedidiah dated rumour rehash (Duggars don't "date") and then the comment on Jana's friends. 

What I did find interesting was this:

"I never would have spoke about anything if Jim Bob would’ve been true and correct with me," the source tells us.

"I used to have lot of faith in that family, but with all the untruths that have come out, all bets are off."

Shit, I'd prefer the company of other women too if I were a fundie woman. It would be so exhausting to have to check yourself constantly when men are around so as not to "defraud" them with your clothes or mannerisms. I mean, even if you're a fundie woman who agrees with the idea that men just can't help themselves around bare skin, wouldn't it just be easier to have exclusively female friends than having to deal with babysitting your male friends (to make sure they don't get a boner from your exposed knees or whatever?) :my_confused:  

On 7/17/2017 at 0:08 AM, sansan said:

At the very least the Duggars live the semblance of a respectable life although it's not the one I live.

If you consider rallying against equal rights; covering up the molestation of their kids; giving money to an organization (Gothard) that profits off of sexual abuse, abuse of power, physical abuse, and spiritual abuse; working for hate groups; sending out hate robocalls; beating their kids; and last, but certainly not least, providing their children with absolutely no education or life skills "respectable", I mean sure. 

But the Kardashians make lots of money for their damn selves and show their nipples sometimes so CLEARLY they are worse. 

• 4 weeks later...

This just struck me as I watched the video posted here:  http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/09/wedding-wishes-from-duggar-sisters

Those are Jana with her roommates.  At her age, those are the people she shares a bedroom with.  The oldest one is 12.  I really wish she could even go and do what some of the other Fundie women do and go be a nanny somewhere.  Anything. Out of that house!

5 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

This just struck me as I watched the video posted here:  http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/09/wedding-wishes-from-duggar-sisters

Those are Jana with her roommates.  At her age, those are the people she shares a bedroom with.  The oldest one is 12.  I really wish she could even go and do what some of the other Fundie women do and go be a nanny somewhere.  Anything. Out of that house!

But would they allow her to be a nanny if she wanted to?

1 minute ago, frugalitymom said:

But would they allow her to be a nanny if she wanted to?

No probably not. They need her to raise their kids.  Its the imagery that really struck me. Jana with her roommates. They're all called The Duggar Sisters on that blog because she's not married, so she is with the 12 and under clan. 

Just watched the video, too. Jana is completely over doing these ridiculous congratulation videos (and so is Josie, her facial expression was the only funny thing in that video).

They are really retarding/stunting Jana's growth and development.

You need to be around peers your age, other adults, to have adult interactions and challenges to continue to grow. She rooms with three children and a pre-pubescent girl, has no job outside of the house and no mental stimulation other than watching her nieces/nephews. It's a really terrible situation. Marriage for her will be so much more difficult than for any other Duggar girl. At least her twin brother gets to fly his plane and be mentally engaged in some form of work.

This infuriates me for Jana. I hate seeing a young woman who is my age grouped with the littles simply due to her marital status. Her life experience means nothing to these people.

Okay, to be fair, Jana does have friends her own age. And she seems to do things behind the scenes that just never really make it on the show for whatever reason. Remember, we only see what TLC wants us to see. Jana doesn't have social media, so we don't really know what's going on in her life.

I do feel bad for her that she's the last of the older daughters left at home and has to share a room with a bunch of pre-teens and little girls. I also feel bad for her that she seems to be universally viewed with pity and sadness. Frankly I'd rather be her than Joy, 19 and staring down 25 years of continuous pregnancy, childbirth, and child-rearing. 

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Frankly I'd rather be her than Joy, 19 and staring down 25 years of continuous pregnancy, childbirth, and child-rearing

Although most of us would rather be in Jana's shoes, she must be feeling some sort of either jealousy or sadness or something over the fact that her baby sister is already married and having a baby, while she's still at home. I wonder if she still believes that her "prince charming" will come, or if her standards are too high. 

27 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Although most of us would rather be in Jana's shoes, she must be feeling some sort of either jealousy or sadness or something over the fact that her baby sister is already married and having a baby, while she's still at home. I wonder if she still believes that her "prince charming" will come, or if her standards are too high. 

The pity and sadness come from the fact that in their cult, Joy, at 19,  is considered an adult because she is married, while 27 YO Jana is still viewed as a child. And we should feel sadness for Jana in that regard!

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, to be fair, Jana does have friends her own age. And she seems to do things behind the scenes that just never really make it on the show for whatever reason. Remember, we only see what TLC wants us to see. Jana doesn't have social media, so we don't really know what's going on in her life.

Don't forget she's got that kick-ass garden that I am super jealous of! Seriously, if you're forced to be a SAHD that hasn't met the one God has for you yet, she sure seems to be doing a great job with that. It's HUGE. Honestly, there's a small, teeny tiny corner of my soul that is slightly jealous of her - sometimes I wish I was gardening full-time, cooking, and playing violin occasionally instead of working. Of course with that comes some fundie dude being the authority over me, literally no agency over my own life, and fame-whore parents that refuse to protect their daughters from molesters and also force them to give birth on TV ....trade-offs, I suppose ;) 

Jana may not be as unhappy as we think she is or wants her to be. If she is a true fundy woman, then she will be content doing God's work at home until he brings her a Godly man. I never thought they were keeping her from getting married nor that she is refusing to get married so she won't have to leave her siblings. That's what we want to believe. I think the more likely scenario is that she hasn't met anyone she actually likes enough to marry. That's entirely possible in fundy world just like it is out in the regular world. I don't think any  of the Duggar women would be forced to marry someone they don't want to marry. I may not have married any of the men the Duggars married but it doesn't appear that anyone of them were unhappy to marry them. Granted, that may have changed since the wedding. We want to be angry on Jana's behalf for her situation but it's possible she thinks her life is great and feels sad for the way we live our life. I wm

Yes, Jana is forced to live the life of a full-time teenage babysitter in her late 20s. But assuming she eventually wants to get married, I think her situation is better than most fundie women who find themselves single at that age. As a Duggar, she is bound to have decent suitors - and it doesn't hurt that she is quite beautiful. I highly doubt she will end up in a Sarah Maxwell situation (unmarried in her mid-30s) or a Tabitha Paine situation (married in her early 30s to a much-older convicted rapist).  

5 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Just watched the video, too. Jana is completely over doing these ridiculous congratulation videos (and so is Josie, her facial expression was the only funny thing in that video).

Josie looked so over the shit show.  

12 hours ago, lomo6 said:

Yes, Jana is forced to live the life of a full-time teenage babysitter in her late 20s. But assuming she eventually wants to get married, I think her situation is better than most fundie women who find themselves single at that age. As a Duggar, she is bound to have decent suitors - and it doesn't hurt that she is quite beautiful. I highly doubt she will end up in a Sarah Maxwell situation (unmarried in her mid-30s) or a Tabitha Paine situation (married in her early 30s to a much-older convicted rapist).  

I'm not so sure. Jana will be 28 at the beginning of January. 30 is just around the corner. Where is she supposed to meet a potential partner? The only places she seemingly goes are the same places she's been going with her entourage buddies for years...is Prince Charming just going to show up at Big Sandy? Who would that be? Someone's long lost cousin from Maine decides to make the trek to TX?

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'm not so sure. Jana will be 28 at the beginning of January. 30 is just around the corner. Where is she supposed to meet a potential partner? The only places she seemingly goes are the same places she's been going with her entourage buddies for years...is Prince Charming just going to show up at Big Sandy? Who would that be? Someone's long lost cousin from Maine decides to make the trek to TX?

The thing is, we don't know why Jana hasn't been married off yet. She probably has tons of suitors, and so assuming it's based on her choice to wait, if she does decide she wants to get married, she could probably wrap the whole thing up in a few months.  

I think it's highly unlikely that Jana hasn't had any suitors knocking down the door of the TTH. Look at the other girls who have been married - their husbands basically  sought them out. Even though Jana might not meet someone locally, I think she's well-known enough that an eligible fundie-male would come to her. Not to mention, in one of the more recent episodes of Counting On, Jana said she revealed the gender of Jill's baby to someone - but wouldn't say who that person is. Maybe Jana is close to someone, but she doesn't want it filmed until it's more serious? 

1 hour ago, ThunderRolls said:

I think it's highly unlikely that Jana hasn't had any suitors knocking down the door of the TTH. Look at the other girls who have been married - their husbands basically  sought them out. Even though Jana might not meet someone locally, I think she's well-known enough that an eligible fundie-male would come to her. Not to mention, in one of the more recent episodes of Counting On, Jana said she revealed the gender of Jill's baby to someone - but wouldn't say who that person is. Maybe Jana is close to someone, but she doesn't want it filmed until it's more serious? 

In the After Show episode, it was revealed that the person Jana revealed the gender to was Jill and Derick

2 hours ago, lomo6 said:

if she does decide she wants to get married, she could probably wrap the whole thing up in a few months.  

I really hope that this is the case, and that it's just her choice at the moment

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived