IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

On 18/09/2017 at 4:24 PM, Penelope_Clearwater said:

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165334593859/so-jrodjr06-on-instagram-posted-pics-of-the#notes

What do you guys think about Jana and Laura going to Laredo but not being featured on the show? 

Do you think TLC is trying to save money by not paying her for the episode or do you think Jana doesn't want to be included in filming?

The little trick of doing episodes with another sibling around has been going on for quite some time and it does havebto do with the money as to why they dont appear. With reality tv they have to pay a specific rate to any regular of the show which brings down the net amojnt to go around to the siblings who are "starring" - remember back to josh and annas rv trip where not one mention was made of Jana being along? So in order for them all to get the maximum amount for their air time they make sure that no other adult sibs share time on camera. Back when it was j&k Plus 8 with the sisiter and brother of kate when the series went regular she cut them out to avoid them getting paid....

Since we dont really know the  scale of the show even if they get $10,000 per couple..that adds up quickly to a good chucnk of change ro put away!!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That's far from true. Most of them are over 21 when they get married, even the women.

Yes, there are lots of single fundie women in their mid-20's and beyond. 

I hate it when people here portray Jana as this old, over-the-hill spinster. She's only 27! (Which I don't consider "almost 30," not that 30 is really old either.) There are lots of other single fundie women her age so I don't buy the "Well, that's what fundies think" argument for talking about her that way either.

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder if that is Brandon Keilen's sister?

Yes it is. Their family is heavily entrenched in all the same stuff. Their other brother took over for Josh at the hate group in DC.

54 minutes ago, HOTW said:

The little trick of doing episodes with another sibling around has been going on for quite some time and it does havebto do with the money as to why they dont appear. With reality tv they have to pay a specific rate to any regular of the show which brings down the net amojnt to go around to the siblings who are "starring"

It is also to fit the story line.  They could have filmed both Jana and Laura (who the heck is Laura) and then edited them out.  

In this case, part of the story line was Ben and Jessa wrangling two kids on a plane for the first time.  Showing Jana sitting in the next row would have wrecked that!  

We don't know how the contracts actually work.  Those contracts are highly confidential.*  It is possible Jana (or the Duggar family trust) is paid a set fee for the duration of filming whether she is shown or not.  Laura could be paid by # of minutes on screen, per word, or be paid nothing but a baby-sitter fee.

*Yes, a few have been leaked but we don't know they are the same across the board.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That's far from true. Most of them are over 21 when they get married, even the women.

well yes. Their age requirement for the event is 21. Maybe the poster's point is more that they're essentially holding a conference to help 21, 22, 23, & 24 year old women cope with the trauma, pain, and insecurities of STILL being single (gasp!). Pretty fucked up. :) 

39 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

There are lots of other single fundie women her age so I don't buy the "Well, that's what fundies think" argument for talking about her that way either.

Yes and no.  Yes, Jana isn't old at 27 and may not be raring for marriage.  And, yes, there are a lot of Fundie girls unmarried in their late 20s and older.

However, they do have something of a crisis on their hands.  They have a whole slew of young women who have been told:

• the best Godly role for women is to marry and be breed arrow for the Lord.
  • modest women can only pray about finding a husband.
  • in God's perfect timing some young Lochinvar will ask daddy for permission to court you.
  • you must stay under daddy's protection until you marry.
  • careers or work are just stop-gaps until young Lochinvar turns up and baby-making begins.

And it must burn many Godly modest young maidens' hearts when a catch like Zach Bates overlooks them for a pants-wearing outsider like Whitney who worked outside the home! 

So from the conference description: 

Overlooked. That’s how it can feel to be a single girl. Whether it’s guys, church, or society, it’s as if people don’t see us. Where do we fit? Do we wait for Mr. Right, or go forge our way in the world? Come trek up to The Overlook, and we’ll dig into those questions and more as we see the view of living “a different kind of single.”

They are admitting a problem and I'd really like to know what the take home message is from that conference. 

My guess that they will be told to make like Sarah Maxwell - pining to marry but still stuck at home in her 30s.  Or Sarah Malley - still prayerfully waiting for Prince Charming, also in her 30s.  Or Elizabeth and Anna Sofia Botkin, who are still prattling on about being visionary daughters and wondering how unmarried women fit into the Body of Christ with no husband in sight.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And it must burn many Godly modest young maidens' hearts when a catch like Zach Bates overlooks them for a pants-wearing outsider like Whitney who worked outside the home! 

I can sort of relate in a really general vague way. I've always tried to be ethical, giving, honest, etc. etc. and have often felt trailed around by a little black cloud. You know? While people who just seem uncaring, selfish, and so forth have led much less stressful lives if compared in certain aspects. Best not to make that comparison, but every time these girls attend a wedding, they could have like a Bingo card with situations and characteristics to mark. It's funny in an impersonal way, but also sad, because it's all they've ever known.

Why would Jessa and Ben wrangling 2 kids alone be entertaining? It's called life. JB better hope that Jessa and all the married Js keep pumping out kids every other month because otherwise this storyline has nothing. There is nothing unique about this show at all. 14 kids and pregnant again was a draw at that time, but knowing what we now know, plus a bunch of adults getting married and having kids of their own isn't TV worthy. For the life of me, I just can't figure out who tunes into this show week after week to support the ratings.

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

For the life of me, I just can't figure out who tunes into this show week after week to support the ratings.

@Buzzard and @Carm_88 so the rest of us don't have to.  Thank you oh mighty ones for suffering through this incredible boredom.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:29 PM, SassyPants said:

Why would Jessa and Ben wrangling 2 kids alone be entertaining?

Right?  I have two sons less than 2 years apart and that’s it.  It’s mostly super dull around here, even when they were very small.  Two parents raising two boys.  Riveting stuff.

@eye_browz Oh Pickles and her snark. I do find this group photo intriguing though. Why isn't Josh Duggar with his newborn baby and family? JK I already know it's because he's a douche. 

I can't begin to guess who's courting but I don't imagine it is Jana & Lawson as Lawson seems way too out there for Jana. This group seems sort of random so I'm gonna say it's just a group hangout and not a courtship.

@eye_browz Why are people discussing courtship?? It’s just a group picture. 

Lawson acts like he’s all that when in actuality he acts like a d-bag. The Wilson kid is pretty young, like below 23 i think. The other dudes on the left are married. 

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe there was actually a bigger group of people but this is just a picture of part of the group? 

That was my thought. There’s no way they’re the only ones that played the escape game. 

On 9/20/2017 at 1:31 PM, Eternalbluepearl said:

One of the speakers is listed as Becky Keilen. I wonder if that is Brandon Keilen's sister?

Yes, Becky is one of Brandon's siblings, there are 10 siblings total. She's a twin to Brent (the one who took over as director at FRC Action after Josh Duggar was fired) and is somewhere around 29-31 years old.

Just realized that the conference happened over a month ago. And it looks like no one from the Duggars went to it. Does anyone know if they usually attend the Big Sandy camping event next month?

21 minutes ago, Emily7057 said:

I was wondering if Jacob Wilson(behind Laura) could possibly be courting Or getting to know Jana? 

How old is he?

He is 22 years old. His family is the one who helped them build their home. I believe they also help them build the guest house that is featured in a lot he counting on filming. 

4 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Just realized that the conference happened over a month ago. And it looks like no one from the Duggars went to it. Does anyone know if they usually attend the Big Sandy camping event next month?

Yes, conference for single women was back in August.  Jana is the only Duggar eligible for it, and I'm sure our Duggar sleuths can account for her time every day of August so perhaps she didn't go.

The Duggar (and Bates) parents are usually scheduled speakers for the Big Sandy spring event (usually in April), and the kids all used to be trouped along.  David Waller and ATI also run a series of smaller Family Conferences throughout the year at different locations around the US.  Usually they don't have the full line-up of speakers from the big April conference.  Assorted Duggars may turn up at the October conference but we won't know unless they are photographed there.

I tried to hunt for his age but couldn’t find it myself. Wow that’s a 6 year difference! Like someone above said, it’s just a random pic. I pulled this pic off of Pickle’s page, thought it was interesting:

9669C128-6476-4B49-9487-2CDC70720363.jpeg

10 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I tried to hunt for his age but couldn’t find it myself. Wow that’s a 6 year difference! Like someone above said, it’s just a random pic. I pulled this pic off of Pickle’s page, thought it was interesting:

Well, he seems like a real peach.

And at least learn to fucking spell, you homophobic dipshit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived