IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

Yep. There's no reason whatsoever Jana wouldn't have had suitors. She's beautiful, seems kind and friendly if reserved, is the eldest daughter of famous fundies, has been involved in tons of Gothard stuff and probably has a reputation as a very godly young lady in their circles. For whatever reason, she just hasn't liked any of these dudes well enough to marry. Not surprising at age 27, really! It's possible she's just a bit more shy or picky than her sisters or simply hasn't been lucky enough to meet the right guy yet.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

For whatever reason, she just hasn't liked any of these dudes well enough to marry. Not surprising at age 27, really! It's possible she's just a bit more shy or picky than her sisters or simply hasn't been lucky enough to meet the right guy yet.

I hope this is the reason she hasn't married and not JB rejecting guys because he needs her to remain at home taking care of his kids. I wouldn't put it past JB.  But I hope its Jana's choice. 

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

In the After Show episode, it was revealed that the person Jana revealed the gender to was Jill and Derick

Well, damn. There goes my theory. 

I think Jana is the one delaying because I think Jana could find a husband fast. A good one? A young one? A loving one? One she loves? Maybe not as fast, but if she ever was like "hmm, I really just want a husband, details don't matter" it would probably take her like a handful of months to end up walking down the aisle.

My opinion is that a Jana is pretty picky and I have a sneaking suspicion she doesn't want to move out of state. I wouldn't be surprised if she axed some potential guys because she didn't want to move a thousand miles across the country. And I imagine there are slim pickings in the area. I have no proof. It's just my thought based on how close she is with some of the littlest Duggar sibs.

In my honest opinion, Jana is definitely the one delaying and it's her complete choice. No other opinion really makes sense to me IMO. As @singsingsing said, it's basically a given that Jana is well known throughout the fundie pool of America. Jana is among the most beautiful in the Duggar family and has a super sweet and kind personality. I remember an episode from years ago when Jim Bob said he has received numerous requests for his daughters. Jill reiterated the same thing specifically regarding Jana and Jinger in an interview from a few years back. There's no reason to believe that people have stopped asking her and her family.

I wouldn't be surprised that Jana is the pickiest of all her sisters (which is definitely necessary!). If she wanted to get married for the sake of experiencing married life, she could have done that 7 years ago.I believe it all comes down to the fact that the one has not walked into her life and she will continue to wait until that day comes. Simple as that. Pretty much all the theories about her and this delay are only what people want to see and believe to be true. 

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'm not so sure. Jana will be 28 at the beginning of January. 30 is just around the corner. Where is she supposed to meet a potential partner? Who would that be? Someone's long lost cousin from Maine?

:pb_lol:  Could you imagine if it was someone from Maine?! A Maine fundie. :pb_lol:

Jana, eldest daughter, no doubt remembers the breakdown of her mother.  I presume that made some sort of change in Michelle and that's when the babies started getting abandoned to the sisters.  Perhaps Jana has always know that when the last child is grown, she will marry; not willing to adandon children herself.  May she knows Michelle hasn't got it to give. 

2 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

It's obvious, guys. She's in a secret relationship with Tim Tebow.

(Hi, Inquisitr!)

Tim Tebow and Jana?!!! Come on! Have you seen him on Ellen?

It's not Jana's choice. She has to do and say what her authority figure tells her to - even if she thought otherwise. 

I think we do lack information about this matter and information is withheld on purpose, e.g. a medical condition. There is no need for us to know of course. Still I think it is not that simple.

It is my opinion that suitors are turned down after JB gives a hosts of reasons why.

Once it looked like I was going to have to move for work and and I started bawling at the thought of no longer being able to feed the neighbours' cat (who they don't feed much, ... that they are!).

I broke down over a cat! With owners! Of course Jana won't leave her kids behind. How could she? How could anyone? She may not be their mother, but she is their mother anyway! Jana will move out when the kids don't need her any more. Since they keep adding M-kids to her load, she is probably never going to move out.

I hope she truly is picky, because we surely don't want her to become the next Jill Dullard or Anna Duggar, who should have both been WAY pickier.

11 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I hope she truly is picky, because we surely don't want her to become the next Jill Dullard or Anna Duggar, who should have both been WAY pickier.

I also am in the camp that Jana is gun-shy of ending up with a closet pervert/pedophile like her brother Josh. She sees how quickly and easily his "mistakes" were covered up, and he was pawned off on unsuspecting Anna. I suspect that, while she likely believes in the whole forgiveness/redemption thing (though I have to imagine there's a lot of cognitive dissonance she has to overcome to do so), at the same time doesn't want to marry someone only to find out later that they have major sexual baggage. (And in fundie land, it's not like she really has a way of finding out beforehand).

7 hours ago, 12 Hungry Safety Pins said:

Of course Jana won't leave her kids behind. How could she? How could anyone? She may not be their mother, but she is their mother anyway!

Jill left her kids.  Jessa did so.  I agree it may be harder for some than others, but people do that.  Its part of what is so horrible about sister moms.  I think if she had the right opportunity she would go.  

This is all speculation and we will never know why Jana is still single. Some fundies have discussed how difficult it is too find "Prince Charming". I could name a few who seemed desperate to get married, but for whatever reason, couldn't find a spouse. There are a million reasons why Jana could still be single:

She is rejecting suitors

Suitors are rejecting her

JB is rejecting suitors

She's had failed "relationships" ( getting to know someone)

She doesn't want to move out of Arkansas(that is a good guess)

I find it interesting that we think every single fundie  doesn't want to get married or is being forced to stay single. I've read and seen enough to know there are other possibilities.

I think she does want to get married. I still think she's the most fundie of her sisters and most likely to marry someone in the cult. Jana isn't the only older fundie in this situation. Finding a spouse in the fundie world doesn't seem to be as easy as we think. 

Also, Jana may be "known throughout the fundie pool in America, but fundie men have other choices(like "mainstream Christian women").

2 hours ago, formerpastorswife said:

I also am in the camp that Jana is gun-shy of ending up with a closet pervert/pedophile like her brother Josh. She sees how quickly and easily his "mistakes" were covered up, and he was pawned off on unsuspecting Anna. I suspect that, while she likely believes in the whole forgiveness/redemption thing (though I have to imagine there's a lot of cognitive dissonance she has to overcome to do so), at the same time doesn't want to marry someone only to find out later that they have major sexual baggage. (And in fundie land, it's not like she really has a way of finding out beforehand).

I don't know if I buy this, though. Jana has been of marrying age for years now, and Josh's scandal and cover-ups have all been relatively recent (his fall from grace was... 2014? 2015?) I just don't think that's the reason why she's single, but it might play a part into why she's STILL single. 

16 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think this photo from Tumblr was on the Anna/Josh thread. Any potential suitors here?

I'm pretty sure the guy on the far left is married (I've seen his fb but it could've been his brother though ). The others are Lawson, who I really hope she doesn't end up with, and Jacob Wilson. He was a groomsman for Austin if I recall. I've also seen his Instagram and he's your typical republican that loves to shove it down peoples throats so I don't really like him for Jana either. We'll see I guess 

34 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I'm pretty sure the guy on the far left is married (I've seen his fb but it could've been his brother though ). The others are Lawson, who I really hope she doesn't end up with, and Jacob Wilson. He was a groomsman for Austin if I recall. I've also seen his Instagram and he's your typical republican that loves to shove it down peoples throats so I don't really like him for Jana either. We'll see I guess 

I just creeped on his Instagram. He seems to be less of a "pretty boy" than Jeremy and Ben, so maybe he would be Jana's type? He posts NIKE shirtless pictures and listens to The Beatles though. It would actually be cool if the Duggars listened to some good  secular music. I can't imagine going through life with JUST hymns.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jacob Wilson. He was a groomsman for Austin if I recall. I've also seen his Instagram and he's your typical republican that loves to shove it down peoples throats so I don't really like him for Jana either.

Yeah, I don't see it. I know, my online opinion of someone I never met should really hold up ;), but I just don't see her with an outspoken shove-my-boot-up-ur-ass guy. I see her with someone more reserved and chill, but of course still strongly convicted. 

My first impression of Austin was that he was the type of guy that Jana is looking for. Maybe he has an age appropriate friend that would be a good match for her. I think the hardest part is finding someone you "click" with who is also willing to go along with the quiverfull stuff. Not everyone wants a dozen or more children. 

1 hour ago, CatchThatCow said:

My first impression of Austin was that he was the type of guy that Jana is looking for.

I can definitely see that. Someone who is actually 'tender-hearted', which is a dumb phrase that they overuse, but in this case I can see it being appropriate.

I still think it can't be purely a coincidence that John David and Jana are both unmarried, after being of age for years and having younger sibs married (or at least courting) of their gender. They may not be particularly close but maybe there is an unspoken pact that they have to step in where their parents fail.

JD of course does way way less than Jana around the house but he seemed quite emotional in a post Josh scandal interview on Counting On about stepping in to be the big brother role model now. To varying degrees they may feel a lot of pressure not to leave until the youngest are no longer little kids. Waiting til empty nest parent sibling syndrome, if you will. I'm sure if either of them became infatuated they would leave, I'm just saying that maybe the bar is higher for it to be "right"- they feel like they need a really good reason to leave other than just personal gratification. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived