IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

Remember the episode of Full House where DJ unknowingly walked around the dining room table with her Greek cousin(?) and then was "married?" When Kendra went fishing for mints, the act of fishing in pockets results in an engagement. It's best to keep your hands to yourself; you've all been warned. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Kendra meant Joe's coat pocket (which reaching in without permission is still shocking to me) and not his pants pocket.  From the look of their engagement picture, his suit pants are a little tight.

11 minutes ago, doubleT said:

his suit pants are a little tight.

Now I can't read anything about him without thinking dirty things :giggle:. All I pictured from your sentence was her hand flirting causing his pants to get tight

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I really wonder what Joe's reasoning behind choosing the wedding for a proposal was. Because everyone was there? They were dressed? Cameras available? I'm so curious.

I've been summoned out of a 2 year-long lurk to finally join up and comment on this.... I guess 'all of the above' to the reasons he proposed at Joystin's wedding.

But my other thought was this: What if this whole courtship & engagement has only come about following all the FJ speculation about the Caldwell sisters around Jinger's wedding?

Maybe JoKen were happily pootling along, getting to know each other (as near to normal as these guys get). All of a sudden, the FJ world is awash with talk of the blonde Caldwell and, in order to save the 'pieces of their hearts', they had to rush into a commitment. Just a thought.

Also I'd like to say Thank You to Free Jinger for introducing me to DPIAimmenseT, the living nightmare that is David Shrader and the wonderful Arndt ManBoys. My life, over the last 2 years, has been richer as a result.

They should get a 'Smitten' to protect their hearts and hands from any slutty, sinful pocket grabbing or wild hand sex.

article-2100295-11A2E737000005DC-238_468

Hi @ElToro!

Your thoughts on the timing are interesting. However, they waited to announce their courtship until early March this year. They announced right after Joy's engagement news. If they felt rushed after Jinger's wedding then I think they would have announced the courtship much sooner than they did - kind of like how they possibly announced Jessa's courtship on the early side because someone they know blabbed about her and Ben.

Glad you decided to take the plunge and come out of lurkdom! :) 

11 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

They should get a 'Smitten' to protect their hearts and hands from any slutty, sinful pocket grabbing or wild hand sex.

SmugAnna needed this. Desperately. The handsex... how did they not get handpregnant from it... :pb_lol:

18 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Hi @ElToro

Your thoughts on the timing are interesting. However, they waited to announce their courtship until early March this year. They announced right after Joy's engagement news.  

Good point!

Man, you FJers know your Duggar timings (better than they do, no doubt!)

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

Now I can't read anything about him without thinking dirty things :giggle:. All I pictured from your sentence was her hand flirting causing his pants to get tight

Well ... not what I meant.  :my_biggrin:  I thought in the engagement picture of Joken that he looked like he had gained some weight since getting that suit. 

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

Hopefully Kendra meant Joe's coat pocket (which reaching in without permission is still shocking to me) and not his pants pocket.  From the look of their engagement picture, his suit pants are a little tight.

Oh, I've been assuming pants pocket this whole time--my mind is in the gutter. And I wouldn't reach into any of my husband's pockets unbidden--and we've been married for years!!  It just feels rude!  Does Jo rummage through Kendra's purse??

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, I've been assuming pants pocket this whole time--my mind is in the gutter. And I wouldn't reach into any of my husband's pockets unbidden--and we've been married for years!!  It just feels rude!  Does Jo rummage through Kendra's purse??

To me it sounds like an excuse to come into physical contact without expressly breaking their silly rules. Plus, I'm 100% sure it was the coat pocket. The trouser pocket would have definitely been off limits. If I was one of these youngsters, I'd use any excuse I could to touch a potential spouse.

I really, really want it to be the trouser pockets, is that wrong? I want there to be a very fascinating naughty couple

The pocket thing reminds me of the fundy engagement I read about where the father put the engagement ring on his daughter, as she and her new fiance were not allowed to touch until the actual wedding.

At least the Duggars aren't that bad.

We also don't know that he was wearing the jacket at the time. It could have been on the back of a chair while they were sitting at a table visiting. She could have been intending to help herself to a mint without interrupting when the incident occurred.

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

At least we know they're comfortable with each other. That or Joe's just happy that a young woman is touching him and keeps mints in there to enable this. Makes me wonder how deep his pockets go, and if he has holes in them.

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

(Lurky, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Siah were purposely harmed - either at that time or later on. I just don't want this to be one of those things that bounces around and becomes site "fact" when all we really have is speculative evidence. It's happened before, like the claim the Duggars not pay taxes because they claim their house is a Church when there's no proof of that having ever happened.)

IIRC, there was an episode where Jim Bob and Josiah were on the same team for some outdoor competition (paintball?) and Jim Bob gave Josiah a hard shove.  He then noticed the cameras on him and made some comment like "I hope you're not going to show that".

48 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I reach into my husband's pockets all the time. Usually I'll say why when I am doing it, like "hey just grabbing the keys" or whatever. On the other hand he would never go in my purse. I think he is terrified of what he might find in there because even if I tell him "keys are in the front pocket" or whatever he will bring the purse to me. Haha!

I do think Kendra reaching into the pocket shows at least some level of comfort, even if it was a the jacket pocket and he wasn't wearing it at the time. That is a good thing. She is still so very young though. :( 

Now I can't get the phrase 'pocket pool' out of my head.

Some of us need to visit the prayer closet for having such dirty thoughts.[emoji57]. I'll go first.

Wasn't the proposal at Arby's where the father wouldn't let him put the ring on her finger? That's one of the first FJ stories I remember here. Can't tell you who it was though

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

She may be a gem, but she's no beautiful majestic pearl

That IG post is so dumb. One "weekiversary?" They aren't even married yet lol. I think the majority of them will regret rushing into these marriages with people they barely know for reality TV views, and because they all apparently think it's the only worthwhile thing to do in life. 

Wasn't the proposal at Arby's where the father wouldn't let him put the ring on her finger? That's one of the first FJ stories I remember here. Can't tell you who it was though

Her name was Kristina of Kristina's Keepsakes IIRC. She was a member here for a while, and if memory serves has gone less fundie.

For the record, my memory might be off on either or both things.

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Her name was Kristina of Kristina's Keepsakes IIRC. She was a member here for a while, and if memory serves has gone less fundie.

I follow her Facebook page. She has gone less Fundie and stopped homeschooling her kids. 

I follow her Facebook page. She has gone less Fundie and stopped homeschooling her kids. 

Good. I had a soft spot for her. I sincerely hope she is happy.

I found her old blog. She has a FB page now. And five kids. She does seem fairly....unfundie now.

5 hours ago, KimJongJimBob said:

Remember the episode of Full House where DJ unknowingly walked around the dining room table with her Greek cousin(?) and then was "married?" When Kendra went fishing for mints, the act of fishing in pockets results in an engagement. It's best to keep your hands to yourself; you've all been warned. 

Just had to say that I love your name. And your avatar. And now I'm just gushing...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived