IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

22 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Just had to say that I love your name. And your avatar. And now I'm just gushing...

Thanks! I've been a long time lurker and am a connoisseur of most things totalitarian. Seemed fit...

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She reached for mints? Now I'm thinking of The Walking Dead and how Rick gave Michonne mints and they banged immediately afterwards. :pb_lol: 

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I reach into my husband's pockets all the time. Usually I'll say why when I am doing it, like "hey just grabbing the keys" or whatever. On the other hand he would never go in my purse. I think he is terrified of what he might find in there because even if I tell him "keys are in the front pocket" or whatever he will bring the purse to me. Haha!

I think that's a non-purse-carrier thing...

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

They should get a 'Smitten' to protect their hearts and hands from any slutty, sinful pocket grabbing or wild hand sex.

But their hands will be unchaperoned with that!

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I know what you are talking about; I  read that post, too. But I was talking about Laura Caldwell (Kendra's little sister) not Laura (Masiespace, the 31? year old).

And even though some Duggars may be a great base for speculation on orientation, please don't.  It's hard for us to understand that someone whose true orientation shines through so strongly might not want to follow that path. But that's what they are taught.  It's a shame but what can we do?

I wonder if they would be allowed to not get married if they ever come out admit to having problems with sexual orientation. If they would be allowed to take the high road of celibacy.

Oh right I see now, sorry about that, wrong person! I am not speculating either, i spoke about a comment someone else made and said i didn't think what they said was was true. It was a dig at Pickles actually. She is the Queen of Speculation who shuts down anyone else and that one stuck out to me. As for wishing for it, that's only because it would be an interesting dynamic. I did not say or imply that anyone is anything or of any inclination.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Wasn't the proposal at Arby's where the father wouldn't let him put the ring on her finger? That's one of the first FJ stories I remember here. Can't tell you who it was though

I never actually heard of this before so I looked into it further.  I found the link of the proposal from Kristina's Keepssakes' page.-> http://kristinaskeeps.blogspot.ca/2009/02/engagement-pictures.html.  That's pretty...wow. 

Looks like a solitaire. Decent size. I wonder if that's just something that happens with sisters - you all like the solitaire style. I think all the Bates girls had three stones - or if there's some meaning behind it. 

I can't help it. I love shiny things. And looking at shiny things. No matter how much I love my own rings I always stop and drool at jewelry stores and want to see them. 

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

I can't help it. I love shiny things. And looking at shiny things. No matter how much I love my own rings I always stop and drool at jewelry stores and want to see them. 

Me as well! One of my "regrets" from my dating/engagement days was not trying on more rings. Not because I don't love mine - it's perfect for me - but they're all so beautiful I can't help but stare and imagine what it'd be like to wear some of the bolder/sparklier ones out there these days. I'm a total magpie. 

10 minutes ago, countingon said:

I never actually heard of this before so I looked into it further.  I found the link of the proposal from Kristina's Keepssakes' page.-> http://kristinaskeeps.blogspot.ca/2009/02/engagement-pictures.html.  That's pretty...wow. 

What the hell? ARBY'S???? Were they being serious, or were they trolling for blog hits or something?? Well I had a coworker who's husband proposed at Olive Garden. Which is only a slight step up from Josh Duggar's Gator Landing corner booth proposal. Lol. I really don't get it. I know people have budgets and I'm not saying they needed to go to a 5-star restaurant……a proposal in the park would be more romantic than a fast food/chain restaurant, and it's free! 

I don't know. I could totally get engaged at like Texas Roadhouse or Outback or Firehouse Sub. To be around food that I absolutely loved and then getting a ring that I would probably love would be pretty cool, just saying. As you can tell I'm a very expensive date. #classynottrashy hah

ETA: Oh my gosh,  what if it happened in a buffet? Wow best day ever

36 minutes ago, countingon said:

My favourite part is where her dad puts the ring on, instead f the fiance.

As for chain restaurant proposals, I'd say my standard would be Nando's or higher. :P

10 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

My favourite part is where her dad puts the ring on, instead f the fiance.

As for chain restaurant proposals, I'd say my standard would be Nando's or higher.

Yeah, did the dad just suddenly pop up from his seat as he was about to put the ring on her? It's like the dad is saying "MINE!"

Another Duggar wedding, another solitaire. Zzzzzz. Someone get a three stone or a halo cut. Just something different. lol

Halo cuts are my favorite but I don't think any of them really have the originality to decide on that.

Re: Engaged at a food place, I would totally understand if it was like their favorite spot or her favorite spot, I gagged more at her dad putting on the engagement ring.

Mr. Wolf proposed one morning while we were lying in bed. Then we went out and chose rings. We went to his parents and told them we were getting married in their back yard. We had another ceremony in England a coup!e of months later for my family. Maybe not the most romantic of proposals, but it's worked for 41 years.

So I feel this is the appropriate point to talk about how I'm the queen of bad proposals. My first proposal was in a kitchen at 3:00am. We were visiting his relatives, so shortly thereafter we retired to separate rooms. The second (my now ex-husband) consisted of a bottle of Jack Daniels and the living room. 

So, yeah. I don't consider myself very high maintenance, but dang, I would have killed for the thought that Josh put into Gator Landing. At least Anna got balloons and a meal. 

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

At least Anna got balloons and a meal. 

Josh did the balloons, but I think her parents did the meal.

I don't think the solitaire stone is necessarily a sign for being boring and without originality. With those people it very well can be, BUT this kind of ring is known as the engagement classic for a reason. Also - more stones will make it more expensive.

There are hundreds of thousands of women out there dreaming of exactly that kind of ring. We might think it is odd that from five couples no one opted for another style but it might also mean nothing at all.

And I think Kendra's stone is anything but small! It looks like at least 0,75ct, maybe even 1-1,5. 

My husband proposed over the phone. We were long distance at the time, about 8 hours apart and I was leaving the next morning to go "home" to visit my family for Christmas. He just asked what kind of ring I wanted and that was that. Romantic we are not. :P 

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Yeah, did the dad just suddenly pop up from his seat as he was about to put the ring on her? It's like the dad is saying "MINE!"

He's the epitomal Jack in the Box. I wonder where else he inappropriately invited himself to

My sister's husband had a bit of an impromptu proposal, so ended up proposing with an onion ring.

(if this is specifically regional food, it's a circular slice of onion, deep-fried in batter)

4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

My sister's husband had a bit of an impromptu proposal, so ended up proposing with an onion ring.

(if this is specifically regional food, it's a circular slice of onion, deep-fried in batter)

I would totally say yes to that proposal :) 

4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I love it! I also love onion rings. Yum.

Now I'm thinking of all those ring shots people post on Facebook. I would love to see one with an onion ring. :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, Jingeyk said:

I'm a total magpie. 

Me too! It's a good thing I'm not married. I'd have to take off my rings to get anything done! :P 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived