IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

She was probably hungry. The Duggars typically don't serve food at their weddings.

HAHa yessss i am dying over here :laughing-rollingred::laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Niagara Falls in the wintertime and I was freezing and I went to put my hand in my fiances pocket (then boyfriend) and he pushed my hand away. I was like why are you being so mean?? My hands are so cold I can't feel them! And then he proposed...the ring was in his pocket. I couldn't get the ring on though because both of our hands were too cold to maneuver it on, haha. Reminded me of Joe and Kendra. 

5 minutes ago, mstee said:

I was at Niagara Falls in the wintertime and I was freezing and I went to put my hand in my fiances pocket (then boyfriend) and he pushed my hand away. I was like why are you being so mean?? My hands are so cold I can't feel them! And then he proposed...the ring was in his pocket. I couldn't get the ring on though because both of our hands were too cold to maneuver it on, haha. Reminded me of Joe and Kendra. 

That is such a cute proposal story <3 

4 hours ago, mstee said:

Awwww! Sweet story. Was it cool there? We were thinking of going there for our 25th anniversary next May.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Meanwhile, I hope Kendra goes for a whole mint-themed shower and wedding.

I'm picturing mint green bridesmaids' dresses with pink sashes, and Pillow Mints everywhere.

Dear Kendra, 

Here you go:

IMG_7793.thumb.JPG.73f19912f615ed6c4b134ee0aed9481c.JPG

Now go pick out a wedding gown that needs no modesty alterations, toss on a mint green belt, and pick Bridesmaid dresses that aren't modesty fiascos. 

Bing, bang, boom. Wedding planned. Where's my TLC Special? :pb_lol:

(Collage isn't mine. I found it on Google.)

9 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Awwww! Sweet story. Was it cool there? We were thinking of going there for our 25th anniversary next May.

Yeah it was beautiful! That was my first time there. I'd love to go back in the summer and go on the boat near the falls. You should definitely go. 

25 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

@VelociRapture haha I actually really like that wedding inspiration  collage! It's pretty, I'd die if they actually went with that though :pb_lol:

I kind of need them to go with all mint everything after that engagement story. Michael and Brandon had their cherry trees for wedding inspiration. JoKen really needs to use those mints for inspiration too just because I'd find it really funny.

Oh Heavenly Rufus, foreteller of momentous births, hear the mighty @VelociRapture's cry! Please shine your light of minty inspiration into the hearts of your Duggarly servants, that it might please the Scaly One! (Who I always imagine as a sort of reptilian Jana with raven hair :kitty-wink:) Bring us a minty wedding to snark on for years to come. In Rufus' name, Ramen. 

8 hours ago, potato said:

@fluffernutter I visited Niagara Falls for the first time three-ish weeks ago and really enjoyed it!  I highly recommend visiting it at least once! 

There are some amazing hotels with great views, hot tubs, etc. I think we will def do it!

My Practice Husband proposed with a cocktail ring. Story goes:

Christmas Eve. We're leaving tomorrow to spend Christmas with his family. I give him a bowling ball. He brings out a ring box. Inside is a lovely, four stone (birthstone) five diamond (chip) ring. It doesn't fit.

What is the meaning of this? I asked.

Well, I thought you might want to get married.

OK, I said. 

Then put it in the freezer while we're gone so nobody breaks in and steals it. We'll announce the engagement after the ring fits.

Practice Husband was just a bundle of joy.

Mr. Four bought the ring with me along in November, and kept it until the following Valentine's Day. I swore when he made the dinner reservation for a night I had to work the next morning that if this wasn't THE DAY, I was kicking his ass to the curb. 

So I'm getting my coat on in my house after he picked me up, and, one arm in, one arm out, he says, "Well? Will you marry me?" and Ihad to laugh and say yes. THAT ring fit.

He said later he was planning to ask after dinner, during dessert, but he was so nervous and didn't want anything to interfere with his meal.

Still and all, I liked that proposal the best!!

Oh, after the divorce, I had the cocktail ring made into a stick pin. It fits fine, now, however I want to wear it!

4 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Oh Heavenly Rufus, foreteller of momentous births, hear the mighty @VelociRapture's cry! Please shine your light of minty inspiration into the hearts of your Duggarly servants, that it might please the Scaly One! (Who I always imagine as a sort of reptilian Jana with raven hair :kitty-wink:) Bring us a minty wedding to snark on for years to come. In Rufus' name, Ramen. 

And I would like to hire Marjorie Jackson to do a calligraphy poster for the reception proclaiming "The newly MINTED Mr. and Mrs. Joe Duggar"

I read off this site that Joe & Kendra will be starting to "minister" together. Ga! I was hoping he'd be somewhat normal and flip houses or run a backhoe or something. More ridiculous ministry.  I wonder where they will live? I remember the family did up a trashed "rent" house that was about the size of the one J-whoever and Bin are living in. Maybe they will get that house?

On 6/5/2017 at 10:28 PM, Mela99 said:

Looks like a solitaire. Decent size. I wonder if that's just something that happens with sisters - you all like the solitaire style. I think all the Bates girls had three stones - or if there's some meaning behind it. 

I can't help it. I love shiny things. And looking at shiny things. No matter how much I love my own rings I always stop and drool at jewelry stores and want to see them. 

Jesus is the 3rd member of every marriage? The Father--Son and Holy Ghost? Interesting

5 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

So I tried googling for Velociraptors with long, luxurious hair. This was the unholy result:

IMG_7811.JPG.daa4a06c3342b4107c336942edff04c7.JPG

I have so many questions now... :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

So I tried googling for Velociraptors with long, luxurious hair. This was the unholy result:

I have so many questions now... :pb_lol:

Selfie Queen. Go on girl!

We can get this in mint for Kendra so she can match the decor. 

56423d99dd91fd7fdcf7a2d04e16bdec.jpg

@VelociRapture Have I told you lately that I love you? That picture is gold. 

I beseech Rufus to allow us to execute JoKen's minty extravaganza. 

25 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I read off this site that Joe & Kendra will be starting to "minister" together. Ga! I was hoping he'd be somewhat normal and flip houses or run a backhoe or something. More ridiculous ministry.  I wonder where they will live? I remember the family did up a trashed "rent" house that was about the size of the one J-whoever and Bin are living in. Maybe they will get that house?

If the next generation of this family is 15 ministers, who are they all going to minister to? Especially if they all live in NWA...

I just realized that if they go for a mint theme, they could reuse Jill's bridesmaids' dresses! Talk about saving the difference.

Wedding favours could be embroidered pockets filled with mints with a ring pop hiding at the bottom of each one (thank goodness they don't hand out favours, as making them would likely be CinderJana's job).

Refreshments could include melty mint chip ice cream sundaes served in a parking lot.

11 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Refreshments could include melty mint chip ice cream sundaes served in a parking lot.

I don't always eat ice cream. But when i do...

I prefer it half-melted at a parking lot wedding reception that Sierra has organized. 

If they don't reuse Jill's dresses, here are some suggestions.

These could work for a Pillow Mint colour scheme, just pull the shoulders up and add a modesty panel.

WorstBridesmaidDresses_570_440.jpg

Mint and lime! Perhaps they could serve virgin Mojitos at the reception (of course, more modesty adjustments for CinderJana to make).

Spoiler

NeonGypsyBridesmaids.jpg

More Pillow Mints with matching chapeaus.

Spoiler

original.jpg

Finally, matching parasols to add to the Southern charm.

Spoiler

57905502-5f68-485a-80a0-8cfebd29883b~rs_

Wow... All of these options make Jill's dresses look good. So what if the modesty modification made it look like their slips are showing?

53 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

-snipped
Mint and lime! Perhaps they could serve virgin Mojitos at the reception (of course, more modesty adjustments for CinderJana to make).

-snipped

This may as well be from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding lol! A joint episode is the making.

(Sorry if I messed up the quoting)

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I read off this site that Joe & Kendra will be starting to "minister" together. Ga! I was hoping he'd be somewhat normal and flip houses or run a backhoe or something. More ridiculous ministry.

I believe Jim Bob said that Joe got up every morning at 5 to read his bible.  He probably also flips houses and is good with a backhoe.  It'll be interesting to see what their ministering involves - hopefully nothing like hippie Jesus and J. Muffin's.

2 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

If the next generation of this family is 15 ministers, who are they all going to minister to? Especially if they all live in NWA...

They'll start forming splinter groups and blood feuds. Or a few will realize that harassing random people about Jesus/begging people on the internet for money doesn't pay for the lifestyle to which they're accustomed, so they'll pull an Amy and "go rogue" for those sweet, sweet People covers.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived