IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Does anybody else think 'ministering together' sounds suggestive?

Not only do I think it sounds suggestive.. It's a misconception yet true in their world.  It's like that is what their life is about and if they don't agree with each other it won't be ok to be together.  I think they feel powerful when they say they are trying to minister.  Whereas Jill and Derick try to minister together they are a joke, who would follow them? 

It always goes back to JB when Ben wanted to propose to Jessa and he was all like well sometimes it's better to minister together than separately.  Then on their honeymoon they were discussing it and I think they truly believe they are better people even though they aren't.  It's a way of life in their world.  

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I just realized that if they go for a mint theme, they could reuse Jill's bridesmaids' dresses! Talk about saving the difference.

Wedding favours could be embroidered pockets filled with mints with a ring pop hiding at the bottom of each one (thank goodness they don't hand out favours, as making them would likely be CinderJana's job).

Refreshments could include melty mint chip ice cream sundaes served in a parking lot.

They tried to claim (via TLC webisode) that the JinJer's "wedding favors" were little coffee-bean baggies (toss at the bride & groom instead of rice grains or confetti....or keep it yourself to grind a cuppa! lmao). All the J'slaves and Duggarlets went assembly-line style to help Sierra make them. lol.

5 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

If the next generation of this family is 15 ministers, who are they all going to minister to? Especially if they all live in NWA...

each other and then hold conferences and minister to the humpers. 

Wouldn't you pay $1.00 to listen to Ben go on about coffins and then Jessa on how to dress.

all the while they tell you that you don't get it :D

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I believe Jim Bob said that Joe got up every morning at 5 to read his bible.  He probably also flips houses and is good with a backhoe.  It'll be interesting to see what their ministering involves - hopefully nothing like hippie Jesus and J. Muffin's.

I don't see anyone also running off to SCA.  That's jill's domain. 

Perhaps the new brand will go to Branson or Istanbul 

I have never wanted mint chocolate chip ice cream as badly as I have reading this thread. . . 

Also, I am super tired, but are we in need of sexy dinosaurs? Mela likes being involved.

gGeGy0g.jpg

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Now go pick out a wedding gown that needs no modesty alterations, toss on a mint green belt, and pick Bridesmaid dresses that aren't modesty fiascos. 

Bing, bang, boom. Wedding planned. Where's my TLC Special? :pb_lol:

About as appropriate for a fall wedding as Joy's colors were for late spring/early summer. LOL We've seen fundies get it right. Here's hoping Kendra does. With mints. 

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Does anybody else think 'ministering together' sounds suggestive?

I find "fellowshipping" to be more suggestive personally. 

Fellowshipping sounds potentially homoerotic to me. I imagine it being between 'fellows'.

'Ministering alone' sounds like masturbation in the prayer closet. Of course couples are encouraged to 'minister together' because every sperm is sacred.

It's not surprising that there is so much Fundie speak that could sound naughty. Their entire ministry centers around controlling other people's sexuality and baby making for Jesus.

My church just had its 'Fellowship Sunday' this weekend. We combine services and Sunday school and have one big church service with food afterwords.  Didn't go but heard  that the phrase "fellowshipping together as a community" was used multiple times. 

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

About as appropriate for a fall wedding as Joy's colors were for late spring/early summer. LOL We've seen fundies get it right. Here's hoping Kendra does. With mints. 

Meh. I think the need to plan a theme with a specific season is a bit silly. Plan the wedding you want, when you want it. Just be sure to tell guests what to expect and don't do anything that'll leave them uncomfortable (like a beach themed bikini wedding, in Alaska, in January.)

I'm continually interested in how so many of the Fundies we follow treat going to talk or sing to like-minded churches "Ministering to people", or even performing Missions work.  I say it a lot, but the Bowers/Bontragers/Rodrigues families are literally preaching to the converted when they sing for cash in churches. 

I can see how the Duggars and Bates could see the TV shows as ministry, as they're hoping to convert unbelievers through their godly lives (and, erm, endless TLC repeats and cliff-hangers that are never followed up on) but I'm fascinated how most of the Fundies' target audiences are people who are the "wrong kind" of Christians already, rather than atheists, or people from different religions.

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'm continually interested in how so many of the Fundies we follow treat going to talk or sing to like-minded churches "Ministering to people", or even performing Missions work.  I say it a lot, but the Bowers/Bontragers/Rodrigues families are literally preaching to the converted when they sing for cash in churches.

well it's jessa and ben's brand to minster - more Jessa with the kids...that's her version.  Ben can't do anything except spout scripture and go off on movies that are bad. 

Jill and Derick think talking about things from SCA is their ministry because we care about banana bread.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just be sure to tell guests what to expect and don't do anything that'll leave them uncomfortable (like a beach themed bikini wedding, in Alaska, in January.)

Or ice cream sundaes outside on a cold Saturday in November. ;) 

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

My church just had its 'Fellowship Sunday' this weekend. We combine services and Sunday school and have one big church service with food afterwords.  Didn't go but heard  that the phrase "fellowshipping together as a community" was used multiple times. 

My church has a "fellowship hall". I can't help but think of a big Fundie orgy if they had a fellowship hall. Lol!

5 hours ago, nst said:

Jill and Derick think talking about things from SCA is their ministry because we care about banana bread.

If you guys want fundy-free banana bread, Mr MIO has his version on his YouTube channel ;)

4 hours ago, benye said:

A church in my town has a "Fellowship Entrance" sign above the side door next to their pride flag.

I love that this sign is next to a Pride flag. I'm imagining YMCA by the Village People blaring in the Fellowship Hall.

In my late teens, I hung out with plenty of young gay guys (yay for living in a city that had a queer youth group). Anyways, everything they saw the sign for St Barnabas church, they'd Crack jokes about 'St Burn My Ass', where they worship 'Penis' instead of Jesus.

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Meh. I think the need to plan a theme with a specific season is a bit silly. Plan the wedding you want, when you want it. Just be sure to tell guests what to expect and don't do anything that'll leave them uncomfortable (like a beach themed bikini wedding, in Alaska, in January.)

We had a Hawaiian shirt theme for the heck of it. Our invitations said "Hawaiian shirts are suggested but not required".

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Or ice cream sundaes outside on a cold Saturday in November. ;) 

Pfft. Ice cream is delicious anytime of year. It is known. :pb_lol:

21 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I have never wanted mint chocolate chip ice cream as badly as I have reading this thread. . . 

Also, I am super tired, but are we in need of sexy dinosaurs? Mela likes being involved.

This may be the best thing I see all day. :pb_lol:

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think the point will be moot anyway, as I fully expect them to be married sometime in August. 

53 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think the point will be moot anyway, as I fully expect them to be married sometime in August. 

I can see sunflowers for an August wedding 

We'll be able to tell by the decor. Look at what Jeremy did for his wedding. lol

10 hours ago, sunshine said:

The question is will Kendra's family will be running the show for the wedding or will the Duggar's? 

Seeing as she is their first child to get married, I could see the Caldwells wanting to have a decent amount of input into the wedding. Of course, the 1,000+ guests will likely be the Duggars at work.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived