IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

I basically told Mr. Museum we were getting married. He was sitting in his man cave playing World of Warcraft, and it went something like this...

Me: "I think September is a beautiful month to get married."

Him: "Sure."

Me: "Whenever we get married, we should do it in September."

Me: "What if we get married in September of next year? We should get married then."

Me: "REALLY?!"

(Mr. Museum finally looks up at me from his computer screen) "If you just let me finish this game...and go buy me a DiGiorno pizza from the grocery store...we can get married then."

Me: "DEAL!"

Isn't love grand, folks? Best couple of bucks I've ever spent on a frozen pizza.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I would totally say yes to that proposal :) 

It worked on my sister!  :my_heart:

(It also worked for them that it was a "hell, I love you, I want to marry you" impromptu thing - though he did have to face a lot of teasing from his friends, who were like "you must have been drunk and now regret it" - but my sister didn't care, it was much more "them" than planning ahead with an elaborate proposal)

26 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I basically told Mr. Museum we were getting married. He was sitting in his man cave playing World of Warcraft, and it went something like this...

Me: "I think September is a beautiful month to get married."

Me: "Whenever we get married, we should do it in September."

Me: "What if we get married in September of next year? We should get married then."

Me: "REALLY?!"

(Mr. Museum finally looks up at me from his computer screen) "If you just let me finish this game...and go buy me a DiGiorno pizza from the grocery store...we can get married then."

Me: "DEAL!"

Isn't love grand, folks? Best couple of bucks I've ever spent on a frozen pizza.

Sounds like some of the deals my husband and I make with each other....low bars man!!

On 6/1/2017 at 8:23 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Will we get an "all about Joe" episode? That would require a lot of filler, even by TLC standards.

1. That scene from years ago where he is with one of his cousins (Michele's family)

2. Was he the one who wanted quotes from the Founding Fathers on their bedroom walls in the Moving In special? Might be JD

3. Being Michelle's "Muscles" moving stuff for ... the vow renewal? Someone's baby shower???

4. Didn't he and Josiah go back from Little Rock to TTH with the crew and find dog crap?  He said he had clothes at home and had his guitar or violin or mandolin and Bible? Again, might be JD. I have way too much Duggar trivia in my brain.

5. The unused college exploration film--maybe they'll use it saying God sent him Kendra instead??

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

My sister's husband had a bit of an impromptu proposal, so ended up proposing with an onion ring.

One woman I know was proposed to with a Ring Pop candy. :)

16 hours ago, Jingeyk said:

Not because I don't love mine - it's perfect for me - but they're all so beautiful I can't help but stare and imagine what it'd be like to wear some of the bolder/sparklier ones out there these days. 

Exactly. I can't help looking.  There's this amazing online retailer, Pompeii3, and I WISH I had looked there before. I really only wear my wedding band nowadays but *whine* . . . . Pretties.

What with everything that comes along with being a fundie wife, girl at least deserves the ring of her choice. God knows that might be one of the only choices she might get. 

I don't think a solitaire is necessarily boring - I just think it's interesting that all the sisters have the same style. I hope it's also Kendra's style and what she wanted. Didn't at least Jeremy ask what Jinger wanted?

When my husband and I were dating, we knew for awhile that we were going to get married. We had a timeline. Well, when it got around the time for use to get engaged we looked at rings & even started discussing wedding details.

He had the ring for two weeks and we went on a nice walk. I knew he had the ring in his pocket and there were moments I could tell he was thinking about doing it, but chickened out..... He ended up proposing in my bedroom later that day. We still tell people it happened at that park though lol

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I love it! I also love onion rings. Yum.

Now I'm thinking of all those ring shots people post on Facebook. I would love to see one with an onion ring. :pb_lol:

Onions are the best.

Didn't Homer Simpson propose to Marge that way? - & scald her finger IIRC?

Mr MIO took some stick for my ring, which surprised me, but I couldn't be prouder of his response:

"Huh, shows how well you know her. It's a shape that can pass for period so she doesn't have to take it off for work. It's silver as she's never liked gold, and it's a lab constructed topaz as not only is it her birthstone, blue topaz is for creativity, and there's no way in hell I'd ever insult her by asking her to compromise her ethics and accept a diamond - I'm not so insecure of a man I need her in any jewellery she doesn't completely want and love".

What was even more awesome was, he instantly melted every hetero woman in the room and honestly didn't notice. ...I'm mad about that man!

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Didn't at least Jeremy ask what Jinger wanted?

...well, yeah, technically he asked JB - totally counts in their circles ;)

We were in college.  It was a Christian college....lots of women were there to get their Mrs. degree, but it was a good place to meet others of similar religious thought.  But of the 19/20/21 yr olds getting engaged, the fiance was maybe working part-time, so most of the diamonds were on the small side.  My mom's diamond was small, but I always loved it, and thought it was beautiful, so the size didn't bother me.  Plus, I'm sentimental...so I would've been happy with whatever.  Dh, though, had a good-paying, full time + overtime job, and while my ring isn't huge, it was the largest out of the girls engaged that yr.  It was also bigger than my mom's, and so she had a cow and demanded that my dad get her a bigger ring.  

We celebrated 20 yrs this spring, and dh wanted to know if I wanted something else.  Nope.  I am still very happy with what he picked out....plus that whole sentimental thing. :)

I find the topic headings, Side Hugs and Holding Hands very depressing. I want the next one to say Joken married by Elvis impersonator  in Vegas.

Its horrible to admit but Mr Wolfie and I got married more as a technicality. My ex had remarried, a woman he'd only known for like 3 weeks. He needed her for dependant pay (Army), she needed him to help get custody back of her son. But anyway! He had custody of our daughters and was refusing to let me see them so long as Mr Wolfie was part of my life. We were doing a hand-off of our son for visitation in a Kmart parking lot and I just kinda piped up with "hey one solution to this whole mess is that we could get married?" 3 weeks later we did. Been together 10 years, about to celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary. Never had an engagement ring, but LOVE my wedding band. Titanium with scrolling Celtic dragons over a blue inlay. Very me!

2 hours ago, KimJongJimBob said:

Does anyone know why Joseph stopped taking/took so few classes at Crown?  

It was some kind of certificate program, ministry-minded, IIRC. Shocker, I know. 

Did anyone notice this statement from the recent interview about how Joseph proposed?  

“He had the ring in his pocket so when I went to go help myself and grab mints out of his pocket, he grabbed at his pocket and I pulled my hand away,” she said. “But then I quickly forgot about it.”

So much for side hugs.

I think they are busted. She for putting her hand down his pockets.  

I don't buy that his jacket or pants pocket was not on his person, given that he was right there to bat his hand away. 

And what does she need the mints for? So many layers.

12 hours ago, Whipple said:

And what does she need the mints for? So many layers.

Likely to get through whatever passes for a sermon down there.

6 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@flycat I wasn't paying attention and accidentally pressed the red arrow, my apologies!

I think if you press the green arrow it will reverse the red.

Am I the only one who eats mints when I have a weird taste in my mouth or bad breath...? I don't really see why it would be odd for Kendra to want some mints during the reception.

If I had to guess, they were probably wedding mints, which (as someone who dislikes mints) are more on the candy side than starlight mints (which I find repulsive). 

@WhippleIt was discussed. I think the general consensus was that she reached into his jacket pocket - not pants. The jacket could have been hanging on a chair or something as well.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

@WhippleIt was discussed. I think the general consensus was that she reached into his jacket pocket - not pants. The jacket could have been hanging on a chair or something as well.

In my heart, I will also believe it was his pants pocket. Don't stomp on my dreams @VelociRapture. : )

8 hours ago, flycat said:

Maybe they were Testamints?

IMG_0025.JPG

Wow those wrappers look scarily close to condoms - wouldn't want to mix those up!

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm thinking jacket too.

When Dad was in college studying to be a priest (thought better of it two weeks before ordination), he once reached into his pocket during one really warm sermon, and proceeded to mop his brow with Mum's tights. - they had gone to dinner the night before and she'd got uncomfortable, so she'd nipped to the ladies room and removed them. Dad had squirreled them into the pocket of his jacket for her and totally forgotten they were there. Being a student, he had only the one good jacket.

18 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

When Dad was in college studying to be a priest (thought better of it two weeks before ordination), he once reached into his pocket during one really warm sermon, and proceeded to mop his brow with Mum's tights. - they had gone to dinner the night before and she'd got uncomfortable, so she'd nipped to the ladies room and removed them. Dad had squirreled them into the pocket of his jacket for her and totally forgotten they were there. Being a student, he had only the one good jacket.

back in the 1990s, we had a United States Senator who did worse: http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/the-time-an-alabama-senator-mistook-his-wifes-panties-for-a-handkerchief-in-public/

Meanwhile, I hope Kendra goes for a whole mint-themed shower and wedding.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived