IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

Jeremy's eyebrow raise and "enjoy yourselves" comment in JinJer's congratulatory video almost makes me like him. It's nudge-nudge-wink-wink enough to make me think that he and Jinger have been enjoying themselves, but he managed to say it in a non gross and creepy Duggar way, almost like a real normal person! 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's a message from Jinger and Jeremy too. Sad as it is to say, either the dress is extremely ill fitting and hangs very badly or it looks like she's a bit thicker around the middle than before.  I hope it's just that the dress is a shapeless sack, please Rufus!

I need a better view, but so far those are some frumpy looking sacks the bridesmaids are wearing...

Jinger's hair looks great! They both look good together.  JinJer is the best couple to come out of Duggarville, imo.

Bridesmaid dress aside, I have to say, Jinger looks really good in that video. Even her hair seems healthier. I'm hoping she's just happy and enjoying her life now and it's not "pregnancy glow".

I have the attention of a gnat...if I don't see more pictures of the wedding...I'm moving onto another of the 'next-big-thing'!

15 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This is so depressing. And makes me want to add:

*under His eye*

I'm with you. Also wish I would have waited until ALL "The Handmaid's Tale" episodes were on Hulu so I could binge-watch.  "Blessed be the fruit".     :tw_confounded:

Holy shit, Jinger's hair. It's glorious! What did they put in the water at this wedding? 

I actually still like the dresses! Probably need a better view of them, though.

11 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Bridesmaid dress aside, I have to say, Jinger looks really good in that video. Even her hair seems healthier. I'm hoping she's just happy and enjoying her life now and it's not "pregnancy glow".

I don't know the science behind this, but from what I understand, extra thick healthy hair and pregnancy go together.Then again, the Duggar ladies are known for having long thick hair (that gets better when they stay away from home perms and trim the dead ends). I hope she's not pregnant, but these are Duggars we're talking about, so odds are...

Personally, I enjoyed Bin's initial comments: 'Hey, Joy and Austin. Congrats. Wedding.'

:clap: Well said, sir.  

Ok, I' watching the compulsory "congrats" videos and the only thing I keep thinking is "Why didn't you put down the styrofoam cup before hitting rec, Derick?!"

I'm guessing the reception was about as fancy as Jessa's parking lot one...

27 minutes ago, Irishy said:

I need a better view, but so far those are some frumpy looking sacks the bridesmaids are wearing...

If Joy was going for the "casual, daily basis, can wear again so it's worth buying" thing that Jill and Jessa were going for, I actually think she accomplished it better than they did. 

5 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

If Joy was going for the "casual, daily basis, can wear again so it's worth buying" thing that Jill and Jessa were going for, I actually think she accomplished it better than they did. 

Question for the crowd:  has anyone actually ever worn a bridesmaid dress again?

(a dress the bride chose for you to wear as part of her wedding, not worn for a costume party later)  

42 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Jeremy's eyebrow raise and "enjoy yourselves" comment in JinJer's congratulatory video almost makes me like him. It's nudge-nudge-wink-wink enough to make me think that he and Jinger have been enjoying themselves, but he managed to say it in a non gross and creepy Duggar way, almost like a real normal person! 

No I think it's still pretty creepy to mention it. Makes me think that Jeremy has most definitely drank the kool aid! 

It's creepy, gross, and not classy at all to mention any "fun" the couple would have. Marriage isn't about having sex :pb_neutral:

47 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Jinger's hair looks great! They both look good together.  JinJer is the best couple to come out of Duggarville, imo.

Yes, she did something to it, it's silky and shiny, not burnt like before.... maybe just cut off a couple inches hahaha.

I can't believe I'm defending Jeremy, but I watched the video and I didn't see any raised eyebrows. There was no winking, nudging, or lecherous look going on, either. All he said was, "Enjoy yourselves" in a totally non-creepy and seemingly genuine way. I don't think it's a weird thing to say to two newlyweds. There are about a billion reasons two newlyweds have to enjoy themselves other than sex, and what's so wrong about implying that they're going to have fun having sex, anyway? Sex is part of marriage for most people. It's not creepy or wrong, and I'd much rather see a fundie hinting about enjoyable sex than rambling about how special and neat it is that they stayed pure. And I'm not sure Jeremy was even hinting anything at all.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I think one or two of them may get into the 17-20 range. A handful may get to the 14-16 range. A few more, 10-12. I think a lot of them will be in the 5-9 range, and then a few will have fewer than 5. 

Some of them are bound to have fertility issues, to move away from fundamentalism/quiverfull mentality, to not be able to sustain that kind of active sex life throughout their entire marriage, to marry too late in life to have more than a few kids, or even to just not marry at all.

I actually think there will be surprisingly few grandchildren. Out of the 19 kids my guess would be: 3-4 will have no children at all, most of them will probably have 3-7  children, and only one or two will end up with more than 7-8 chilfren. My bet would be on Joy for having the most Duggar grandkids. She is very young and might get into the double digits, but not more than 12 children.

@singsingsing "nudge nudge wink wink" is a British expression, I wasn't referring to any literal nudgeing or winking! It just means the mildest level of inference or innuendo, non creepy. 

Just now, bal maiden said:

@singsingsing "nudge nudge wink wink" is a British expression, I wasn't referring to any literal nudgeing or winking! It just means the mildest level of inference or innuendo, non creepy. 

I know it's an expression - I think it transcends Britain. ;) I was referring to his general attitude/facial expressions! Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of claiming that he was actually winking and nudging, haha!

Their was a girl who was a grade under me in school. She was the youngest by about 8 years of 6 kids (2 boys and 4 girls) in that order.  Thanks to some Facebook stalking I saw that her brothers do not have any kids while her sisters including her have at least 2 kids each. 

Oh dear Lord, have you seen the congrats video from Jenni and Johanna? Jenni looks and sounds so fed up with the whole thing and can't even muster any genuine excitment for Joy and Austin.

26 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Question for the crowd:  has anyone actually ever worn a bridesmaid dress again?

(a dress the bride chose for you to wear as part of her wedding, not worn for a costume party later)  

A friend of mine went to a bachelorette party and the dress code was "they always said you could wear the dress again". it was the last of a group of friends to get married so they encouraged everyone to wear a bridesmaid dress they already had (and if you had given them away, pick up one at Goodwill).  Several wore dresses from a wedding of someone else at the party. I thought it was a great idea for a bachelorette and got the party plenty of fun attention (bride-to-be wore a white outfit)

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think the proposal should fit the couple. So, I know that I wouldn't be comfortable being proposed to during someone else's special day nor would I want it to be very public. Maybe it was right for Joe and Kendra, I just don't see it being that way. I could be wrong. 

If the proposal that fits the couple is at another person's wedding, then that couple is a couple of attention whores.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

it never hit me before but it's staggering how all Duggar couples (Josh+Anna, Joe+Kendra, too) look like they could be siblings, except for Jinger and Jeremy. Am I the only one thinking this?

Even Josiah and Marjorie  look alike.

Joy's dress looks like a mashup of Jill, Jinger and Jessa's dresses. It looks like a generic Alta Moda Mormon gown (which wouldn't surprise me as Ms. Renee made this dress and likes to "borrow" designs)

Maybe Jill's arm doile is a special MOH dress? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived