IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

Low key love the bridesmaid dresses but that's usually because I like real plain things with a little pop (like my prom dress was super plain but had a small beaded belt). Usually the pop has to appeased my mom when I was younger cause she always makes fun of me having plain things.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Henk12 said:

And yes, she did. And then for her most recent pregnancy she announced super early again, infront of my cousin and his gf who had just lost their twins daughters weeks before. She also bragged that they were probably having twins too since she used clomid. AND wanted to name her daughter the same name as one of the twins my cousin had lost. Thankfully she didnt go through with it. 

Those are people I'd cut out of my life.  That is malicious!

6 minutes ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

Who is that woman with Jana?!!!   She looks so much like her it's bizarre!  

Where did Marci posted this pictures? I looked on Facebook and didn't see them

Well so far all of Joys sisters that we have seen have been in the same dress, plus Kendra. Now we just need to see what Jordyn, Josie and Anna wore. I hate myself for doing it but I've been Googling for pics all morning.

Jinger looks beautiful but something about her makes me think she's pregnant. She's glowing and her hair is super shiny. She looks a tiny bit wiser in the waist-- and she was always super tiny rail thin before. Maybe she's just happy and gained a bit of weight, but she looks much better now! In any event, I hope she's making choices she is happy with. I am thrilled that she's wearing pants and was not pregnant 4 weeks after her wedding day. I hope Joy and Austin follow along in their shoes, despite his fundie family (I know, I know but I can dream right?) I have hope for Jeremy and Jinger. Although Jeremy appears to have drunken the koolaide, he may come back to "normal" one day. He has normal parents and was educated so maybe this is just a "phase" for him.

16 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

No, it's the same dress.  The lace pattern is in the same place in both of them.  It's not just the same design of lace, but the exact same placement.  Blue and purple are close colors, and the purple looking dress is in a picture that looks like it was lightened up a lot.  It's an edited pic for sure.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the lace/flower placement is different on the two dresses. To me it's an Occam's Razor thing- which is more likely that they would edit the photos to make the dress look like a different color (especially since they match the wedding colors) or Michelle would buy two very similar dresses because they flatter her. I think the second option is much more likely. But I guess we'll find out when the wedding special airs. 

2 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the lace/flower placement is different on the two dresses. To me it's an Occam's Razor thing- which is more likely that they would edit the photos to make the dress look like a different color (especially since they match the wedding colors) or Michelle would buy two very similar dresses because they flatter her. I think the second option is much more likely. But I guess we'll find out when the wedding special airs. 

I have no opinion on the dresses, but editing the picture wouldn't mean that they were intentionally trying to alter the dress color; it might have been a side effect of altering the lighting or something else in the picture.

Is Jill's dress the only one with some lace attached on the sleeves? If so, could it be a hint that she might be MOH?

I assume they went with a make your own jewelry thing again like Jinger did? Wasn't there some wife of a minister or something who helped them make stuff ?

His raised eyebrows looked like a typical, "signing off now" sort of facial expression to me, not anything suggestive. I don't know. I think there's a huge difference between Jim Bob's ridiculous leering, elbowing, "Hey hey hey" bullshit (which I've seen both Josh and Derick emulate... puke) and a simple, cheerful, "Enjoy yourselves!" to a newlywed couple.

Trust me. I don't like Jeremy, to the point where I have to watch that I'm not getting too BEC on him all the time. This didn't seem weird to me. But that was just my impression. I'm definitely not going to criticize anyone for criticizing Jeremy, heh.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

His raised eyebrows looked like a typical, "signing off now" sort of facial expression to me, not anything suggestive. I don't know. I think there's a huge difference between Jim Bob's ridiculous leering, elbowing, "Hey hey hey" bullshit (which I've seen both Josh and Derick emulate... puke) and a simple, cheerful, "Enjoy yourselves!" to a newlywed couple.

Trust me. I don't like Jeremy, to the point where I have to watch that I'm not getting too BEC on him all the time. This didn't seem weird to me. But that was just my impression. I'm definitely not going to criticize anyone for criticizing Jeremy, heh.

I agree, actually; as Duggar stuff goes, I don't think Jeremy's comment was bad at all. That was a serious eyebrow raise though. :pb_lol:

Just now, Rachel333 said:

I agree, actually; as Duggar stuff goes, I don't think Jeremy's comment was bad at all. That was a serious eyebrow raise though. :pb_lol:

It must have happened so fast that I missed it the first time. :pb_lol: Also, I'm looking forward to making up for my reluctant defence of Jeremy the next time he says or does something obnoxious, which I'm sure will happen in the relatively near future.

9 hours ago, melon said:

My grandmother's friend's daughter was planning her wedding,and the church would not allow them to play the wedding march,it's supposed to be a Pagan hymn.They went to another church.

The Mendelssohn? That I'd own. ...if they mean that 'here comes the bride, fair fat and wide' piece of the proverbial they can keep it!

27 minutes ago, NoJulius said:

Is Jill's dress the only one with some lace attached on the sleeves? If so, could it be a hint that she might be MOH?

MOH? More like mother of the bride. 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I can't believe I'm dissecting this dumb video this much, but there was a very definite raising of eyebrows. Here's a gif I made of it:

That gif is hilarious. I don't want to tell you how many times I've watched it. Too many is the answer. 

Finally caught up, yay! The way Austin looks at Joy in that video I get the feeling he does really love her. I really, really hope they are best friends and have a happy life together. 

Mostly I hope they move away to go to collage together after their honeymoon and wait to have babies for a few years and just live life. But I realise that is just me being a creep that does Duggar fanfic in my brain. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Twins run in their family, too. So far the Grandduggars have all been singletons, but it's bound to happen eventually. Can you imagine the pandemonium surrounding the first Duggar daughter who has a twin pregnancy? Oh the humanity.

Do fraternal twins run in families the way identicals do though?

Just now, MadeItOut said:

You've actually got it the wrong way around - fraternal twins can run in families, identical twins are random.

3 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Identical twins aren't a genetic thing. Fraternal twins are. So yes, the Duggar girls do have a higher chance of having fraternal twins than the average person.

ETA: singsingsing said it first!

Gosh this family never fails to astound me with how fast they move. One kid married and another enagaged straight away! 

Are Austin's parents the ones who where one Worlds Strictest Parents? They look very different as in they haven't aged very well 

1 hour ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Why is it okay for women to really want to get to be parents, but not men?  Even in quiverfull families, there are bound to be someone here and there who would be just as wanting-to-be-a-parent (maybe to a couple maybe to a lot) focused as people who didn't grow up being forced it.    He looks really relaxed and happy holding that baby, and that baby looks like he adores Lawson.  Some people just really love children and have a strong desire to raise children, and some people have strong desires to climb corporate ladders.  No sex or gender is inherently wrong for it.  The wrongness is when they're raised without choices, but even then, there still will be people who really truly love children without raising them to idols or status symbols.

The only reason I exist is at the point my Dad was clucky enough to bust my Mum loved him enough to negotiate a 'I'll carry it but you're taking care of it' deal. - their cat was a similar situation. It moved in when Dad decided 'you can't leave a baby crying in the rain'.

12 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I saw last night that they got married. It just makes me sad. I always liked Joy the best out of the sisters. She was a tomboy and spunky but I guess even spunk can't beat the family expectations out of you. I just hope Austin isn't like his dad. That scares me for Joy. I'm hoping it's like a lifetime movie where they get married so that both of them can escape strict parents. But it's highly unlikely. 

That's the sad thing, none of these kids can "escape" even if they wanted to because their parents have denied them an education thus making them financially dependent. What an abusive cycle. The reality money split a dozen ways plus an appearance fee here and there isn't really enough for them to live on forever. 

Derek and Jill could have gone their own way if he hadn't quit his job, and Jinger and Jeremy still could if they lived very frugally. But Jessa/Ben and Joy/Austin are stuck. 

Long time lurker!  10 or so years, but had to comment.

I don't get a creep vibe from Austin, but I do get the vibe that he would do anything to protect her, especially more then the other husbands. It wouldn't surprise if he punched out Josh some day for what he did.  He just seems very masculine and practical, where the others aren't quite there. 

I appreciate the way they are not overly googly eyed with each other, almost as if their love is maturer because they have known each other for years. 

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

You've actually got it the wrong way around - fraternal twins can run in families, identical twins are random.

Thanks. I had a feeling something was wrong. We have both sorts in the family so it doesn't help with the confusion.

Belated (I had to go out and do stuff), but I wanted to add in my own tacky, thunder-stealing moment. I got engaged to my now ex-husband in October. We picked a date, as you do, and started planning this shebang. Deposits went down, etc. That Christmas, his brother's long-time live-in girlfriend approached me and told me that although they were not yet engaged, they decided it would be 'easiest' if they got married on the Friday before our Saturday wedding. Her reasoning was that then relatives wouldn't have to travel twice. 

I was later told I didn't handle it well. I did not care. Several years later, they announced a pregnancy at my husband's "big milestone" birthday party.

If Joy gets pregnant on her wedding night....she could have her baby on her brother's birthday...possibly.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived