IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Don't worry guys, Lawson whored himself out on instagram at the reception. You know, in case anyone was concerned. :pb_lol: 

Of course he did. The fundie maidens' ovaries are popping due to the baby picture. :P 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Well, it's most likely to be Jana because she's a twin herself. Right? 

It could just as easily be JD if he and Jana get married around the same time. (Which for some reason I think they will)

For every baby the kids pop out they seem to get a gold star from JB & M. It would just be nice for Jana to get the big prize since her sisters have been lording their husbands/kids over her for years now. 

I mean, I get it, babies are adorable, but I do find it a bit weird how baby-obsessed Lawson seems to be. Is this internalised sexism on my part, or is it because it seems a bit manipulative and aimed at making the ladyfolk coo over how good he is with babies ? I don't know. If it was just now and then, ok, but it's all the damn time and it doesn't sit right somehow.

31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep. Think about it. In 10 years, Joy will be 29. That's right - in a decade she won't even be out of her 20s. In 20 years, she'll be 39 and could easily have another 5-6 years of fertility left ahead of her. If they're as fundie as I think they are, barring fertility problems or some kind of relationship issue, they could easily have 20 kids. 

Poor poor poor Joy.

No words left.

I do think Joy will get pregnant before the end of the summer, and part of me would love to see her announce it at Joe's wedding reception. She's also the one most likely in my opinion to have at least 15 children because she's so young, but Jana will probably be the first Duggar daughter to have twins, being a twin herself, and older than the others when she gets married.

5 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

It could just as easily be JD if he and Jana get married around the same time. (Which for some reason I think they will)

JD's genes wouldn't influence whether his wife gets pregnant with twins, though.

Derick looks exceptionally nice in that video. He looks healthy! Derick, come on buddy, don't drag your family back to Sintral America! Being in the States obviously agrees with you!

I like the dresses, but what's with the big doily on Jill's arm? I didn't see it on Jessa and Kendra's dresses?

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Derick looks exceptionally nice in that video. He looks healthy! Derick, come on buddy, don't drag your family back to Sintral America! Being in the States obviously agreed with you!

I like the dresses, but what's with the big doily on Jill's arm? I didn't see it on Jessa and Kendra's dresses?

Matron of honour extra decoration ? *shrug* I have nothing else...

So it looks like Kendra was wearing a bridesmaid dress. Although I don't think her dress had the white design on the sleeve that Jill's does- maybe a matron of honor thing? Joseph may have been in the wedding as well.

ETA: Actually you can't see Kendra's right arm in the engagement picture or video, so maybe she and Jessa do have the same design on the arm.

Also Joy was raised by Jill. Jana,Jill,Jessa,Jinger were sister mom's their whole lives. Joy had a spunk. If he follows the fundie lifestyle remains to be seen. 

There's a congratulatory video from JB&M too. Michelle looks good, but JB looked like he had put on weight and couldn't button his jacket.

16 minutes ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

Is that the same dress from another wedding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcO3MXxJvm0

Gurl, you need to post a trigger warning if you're just going to link a video and I open it to see Jim Boob. :pb_lol: 

The doily on Jill's arm looks awful. Those dresses look even more casual than Jill's wedding.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Gurl, you need to post a trigger warning if you're just going to link a video and I open it to see Jim Boob. :pb_lol: 

You're right I'm sorry  LOL  *BOOB WARNING*

Part of the problem with proposing at another wedding is you interweave your  marriage into the success or failure of that marriage.

i.e.  If you had gotten engaged at Josh's because you were "so inspired" by their love. Or Josh and Anna became engaged at yours. Now that marriage is (or always has been) a sham.  How embarrassing. 

55 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep. Think about it. In 10 years, Joy will be 29. That's right - in a decade she won't even be out of her 20s. In 20 years, she'll be 39 and could easily have another 5-6 years of fertility left ahead of her. If they're as fundie as I think they are, barring fertility problems or some kind of relationship issue, they could easily have 20 kids. 

This is so depressing. And makes me want to add:

*under His eye*

According to the TLC videos they keep posting, JoStin were in on the proposal. Someone else wanna look at them?

Not sure what's going on with JIlly's sleeve but I'm really distracted by the massive earrings.

It looks like Jessa, Jill and Kendra are all wearing similar dresses. They don't look exactly the same to me though, so maybe its a same/similar color but different cuts? Also Dark blue doesnt seem very spring wedding-ish to me wonder why she chose it

1 minute ago, Jessalyn said:

Also Dark blue doesnt seem very spring wedding-ish to me wonder why she chose it

I thought the same thing, but apparently it was an evening wedding, which makes the dark colours/long sleeves seem more appropriate to me.

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

According to the TLC videos they keep posting, JoStin were in on the proposal. Someone else wanna look at them?

Not sure what's going on with JIlly's sleeve but I'm really distracted by the massive earrings.

Yeah, Joe said he asked Jostin a few weeks prior if he could propose at their wedding.

I suppose they missed the perfect "You want to propose at our wedding? you must be JoKen!" pun in their response. 

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on proposing at someone else's wedding? 

My brother proposed to his now-wife the day after my sister's wedding, at my parents house, in the family room.  :pb_rollseyes: 

I'm not sure how I added my reply to your quote Mela99....., sorry, just fixed it! 

I consider a first date to be a two teenagers deciding something they'd like to do together and going alone to do it. For these two, their wedding night is actually their first date! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived