IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

Joy-Anna looks like a lovely, young bride. It's a conservative dress choice, but as others have said we need to see a better picture. I think the dark blue bridesmaids dresses and light orange flowers work for a sunset themed wedding. Would have done something more unique for the hair style for a wedding, yet if she wanted casual it's casual.  

Austin has an awkward smile. Like it's uncomfortable for him to smile. Not a good looking guy in my opinion, but maybe he's nice? Hate that he is a hunter and she is following along with it. I love the nature. Killing the wild animals in nature not so much. Lacks empathy and caring to kill for sport. 

The most surprising thing to me is how grown up JoHannah looks in the video with Jenny. She is beautiful. Makes me nervous too. JoHannah could be on the fast track to wedding bells if Fuddie guys see her looking so grown up with make-up and everything. Jim Bob will say yes to the first Fuddie guy that has "good breeding"/high standing within their church group. Then the cycle starts again. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Wait. I always thought those three crosses were outside the church Jill got married in. They're outside a different church? I thought I remembered reading that she got her photos taken before her reception. So she got married in Springdale, drove to Pinnacle Hills to get her photos taken, and then returned to Springdale for the reception? 

I don't know, I guess I assumed she got married in the Rogers/Pinnacle Hills church but if it was Springdale maybe they did go to Rogers just for the pictures? The two churches are part of the same church, just different buildings. Cross Church used to be known as First Baptist Church and it started with the Springdale campus, so I could also see some confusion there.

Cross Church has been expanding all over NWA and after the Fayetteville campus was announced someone put this billboard up for April Fool's Day. :pb_lol:

XJInBrZ.jpg

20 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Hate that he is a hunter and she is following along with it. I love the nature. Killing the wild animals in nature not so much. Lacks empathy and caring to kill for sport.  

They don't hunt for sport, they eat what they hunt. In fact their engagement dinner was made from deer meat they they got. 

46 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Wait. I always thought those three crosses were outside the church Jill got married in. They're outside a different church? I thought I remembered reading that she got her photos taken before her reception. So she got married in Springdale, drove to Pinnacle Hills to get her photos taken, and then returned to Springdale for the reception? 

Jill's wedding was at Springdale.  They did re-creation photos for the mags (and probably better wedding photos) at Pinnacle Hills is what I gathered.

I think they look happy, and that's as deep as I'm able to go with people I don't know.  Austin gives off a Michael Cera vibe, down to the on-screen awkwardness. He's young,  he's shy,  but who he really is, only time will tell. 

8 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I can't believe I'm dissecting this dumb video this much, but there was a very definite raising of eyebrows. Here's a gif I made of it:

Reveal hidden contents

7p7Qbaq.gif

I think Jinger's pregnant. Or, she's just enjoying her italian food. Her face looks fuller. 

This wedding seemed rather low key for a Duggar mating. Perhaps they wanted to build buzz for the season premiere, or Joy wanted less fuss and media coverage?  Why keep the date under wraps for so long this time ? Must be very odd to be filming a TV teaser moments after taking your vows.

I am sure it is the feminist in me but it bugged me Austin proclaimed them Mr. & Mrs. Austin Forsyth. She has a first name, even if she has willingly joined the Forsyth collective!

Hope for Joy's sake her fertility is more like Anna and Priss and less like her mother and sisters. 

27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

it bugged me Austin proclaimed them Mr. & Mrs. Austin Forsyth.

This really grated on me to hear, too.  Not that it was particularly unexpected, but...

3 hours ago, Palindrome said:

3. "The day is finally here!" (Yeah, cos like, they've been engaged for sooooo long, how did they bear the wait?!)

The goal from birth is to get the kids married so they can start spreading their genetics.  So it's been a long 19 years of waiting.

3 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Hate that he is a hunter and she is following along with it. I love the nature. Killing the wild animals in nature not so much. Lacks empathy and caring to kill for sport. 

Animals who are hunted for meat have better lives than animals that are farmed and processed in factories.  That beef burger came from a cow that lived in confining quarters and might not have been completely dead when the processing started.  But that deer burger comes from a deer that lived in the wild, nice and free, and was likely killed quickly.  Also hunting licenses are issued in numbers that help control the deer population.  This is important because there isn't enough food in winter for all the deer, and culling the population gives the rest a better chance of getting enough food instead of a higher number slowly starving to death.

5 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I wonder if they are purposely holding out on letting Jana in court in order to drum up the hghest ratings possible? I feel like her wedding will be a ratings explosion. 

You could be right! But I also hope that Jana sees throuth this sharade. At 27 she has reached full developmental maturity of her brain, which usually is at 25? Please correct me if I'm wrong. All the Duggars got married before that age!

So I really hope when it comes to JB saying yes to her courtship, with the next Jeremy kind  of guy, Jana has the guts to say no just because!

6 hours ago, Purrl said:

I think it's great that Michelle reused her MOB dress. When you have children getting married every few months I guess you save money where you can.

Sissy and I are marrying 8mts apart. Mum recently had a function relating to a major personal achievement of her own and took a dress out of contention for that because it's her standby dress for our wedding in case she can't find what she really wants. I was so ridiculously touched by that.

6 hours ago, BabyFreeZone said:

So in this case, the engagement was short, a few months, but planning had been going on longer. It was still really short, like 6 or 9 months, but the nice thing about a traditional wedding is that there are fewer choices. X church, Pachobel's Canon in D, siblings as groomsmen/bridesmaids, easy.

Love, love, love the Pachelbel! (I'm a cellist)

If ever you're short for a laugh, check out 'Pachelbel rant' on YouTube. ;)

4 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I wonder if they are purposely holding out on letting Jana in court in order to drum up the hghest ratings possible? I feel like her wedding will be a ratings explosion. 

Doubt they'd do that. But then again I find so much they do totally unbelievable. 

I also think ratings would depend on who she is marrying. If people believe she's found her prince I'm sure lots would tune in. But if she was pushed in to the arms of an anal rapist, probably not as many. 

Jim Bob is really underestimating how many would want to watch a Duggar go to collage though. Or break free from the cult. ”Breaking Duggar – Jana and JD edition” would bring in many viewers. I'd watch that. 

Random thoughts after catching up overnight:

I'm not averse to Michelle reusing the dress, out of all the MOB dresses she's had it was by far the nicest. With so many weddings in quick succession and so many kids it makes sense.

BUT!  My MIL didn't have a new dress for our wedding and I thought at the time (bearing in mind, she had 2 children and the other one was in a long term relationship but not married) that it was a bit shit and she could've made more of an effort. Mind you, it wasn't the only shit thing she did that day so I was probably looking for things to be annoyed about ;) 

AND J'chelle aren't exactly skint anymore, so she could afford a new dress if she wanted

<gets splinters in bum from sitting on the fence>

My limelight stealing moment:

DH and I announced our engagement after a trip to Paris during our easter break from university (sounds good doesn't it - until I say he proposed over a cheeseburger at Disneyland Paris ;) and I was wearing a cagoule and was wet cos it was raining) and although my parents were happy, Mum had made comments about how it wasn't a 'real' engagement until I had a ring (we picked one up the next week as DH wanted me to pick one I liked). 

Anyway, I literally got back to my student digs and my mum phones me. Turns out my brother and his (annoying) girlfriend were also engaged........... except they'd been engaged for TWO MONTHS and HAD A RING.

None of us got married for years afterwards anyway, but I was annoyed at the time. Not only did they steal our thunder but somehow we had stolen theirs ;)  

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

If ever you're short for a laugh, check out 'Pachelbel rant' on YouTube. ;)

that guy was hysterical!!  i've already played it twice.

She's only a few months younger than me. Holy shit this is weird. 

She's younger than my daughter, who tonight was having a loud argument with her boyfriend.  She's contemplating breaking up with him, despite having given him pieces of her heart.  I'm glad she's got that choice.

hi i'm new here,,,i'm italian ,sorry if i make a lot of mistakes

the wedding seems like a birthday party,why???i like the blue theme.no new pictures yet??

they look like best friend at prom.not husband and wife.

now where they go to live???at jbob??

9 hours ago, GreenTea said:

The most surprising thing to me is how grown up JoHannah looks in the video with Jenny.

I noticed this also. Johannah very much looks like a very young lady while Jenny still looks like a kid. Jenny just hasn't hit that growth and maturity that all girls hit at different ages. Jenny is also approximately two years younger then Johannah.                                                                                                          

After I saw this video, I went looking for other pictures of Jenny. I know we have talked about this before but Jenny almost always looks so sad and serious. She lost her "real" mother three years ago.  Maybe she is just a real introvet but I know lots of introvets and they dont look as sad as Jenny looks.

As I reading some older threads last night I saw it mentioned that Jenny has a speech disorder? I hadnt notice this. Is it true? I also dont watch the show.

17 minutes ago, likejana86 said:

hi i'm new here,,,i'm italian ,sorry if i make a lot of mistakes

the wedding seems like a birthday party,why???i like the blue theme.no new pictures yet??

they look like best friend at prom.not husband and wife.

now where they go to live???at jbob??

Welcome from witch part of itsly you come from?

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Welcome from witch part of itsly you come from?

hi thank you!!do you speak italian???

i'm from liguria near the border with france,,,

1 hour ago, likejana86 said:

hi thank you!!do you speak italian???

i'm from liguria near the border with france,,,

Ahah yeah i live in Florence if you came down some of this days write me so we can met  

28 minutes ago, Jaedzia said:

After I saw this video, I went looking for other pictures of Jenny. I know we have talked about this before but Jenny almost always looks so sad and serious. She lost her "real" mother three years ago.  Maybe she is just a real introvet but I know lots of introvets and they dont look as sad as Jenny looks.

Jenni seems introverted and the situation she's in probably makes her more anxious. She's grown up with a camera shoved in her face at every opportunity since birth. She's had to deal with the chaos of having 18 brothers and sisters plus camera crews hanging around. No privacy. Now she has the chaos of all her in-laws, nieces, and nephews to contend with. Kid is probably going to be the most relieved out of all of them once the show is over and she can go hide in the girls' dorm for most of the day or something.

@Lyle Lanley I was hoping for a "free" Jinger and then a "free" Joy. Now I'm hoping for a "free" Jenny.  I would love if ANY of them broke free but certain ones like Jenny just breaks my heart. 

13 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

At least Michelle's dress isn't that shit she wore at Jills wedding. 

Wasn't that monstrosity the dress that caused JB to lustily proclaim something like "Wow now THAT is a modest dress." One of my fave unintentionally hilarious  Duggar moments.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived