IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sunshine said:

I predict Joe and Kendra ( I realize my error) will be married prior to August.

Nah, they will stick with the 3 month timeline like the rest of them. Throwing together a wedding of that size in 3 months is hard enough. 

I guess now that we have a JoKen engagement we need to get to get another one a courtin. JD, Jana, Si, Jed & jer are too young, but not really. 

I have to say it's interesting that no fundies have posted much on Instagram and the like. 

Maybe they will after PEOPLE got its magazines sold.

It's not like she could really say no.  Proper ladies know their place is to defer to the menfolk, and not only is Joe a menfolk, he's an elder to her.  She may have said ok, but that doesn't mean she was really ok with it.  Just what choice did she have in their world?

I meant Joe shouldn't have asked if it was ok.

14 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I absolutely love her bouquet.

I'll save my opinions on the dress till I see a better pic. I just hope it's what Joy wanted and she wasn't pressured by what her sisters/Austin would want. I remember her saying she wasn't a huge dress fan. 

Ugh. That whole conversation about wearing pants during the girls trip to Branson - it just made my heart ache for Joy. She was clearly (to me) implying that she is more comfortable in pants, and her sisters were shutting her down. I do hope that she can wear clothes that make her comfortable now that she's out of JB's control.

38 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

No joke, I would have thrown down if she dared to do that to someone I loved. I wouldn't even care if the bitch were pregnant. You don't act like a massive asshole to someone going through that type of pain and grief.

It was at a family function and I had come straight from the hospital (I was 7 months pregnant myself and had a false alarm. Thought my water had broken.) If I had the energy I would have said something but I stopped talking to them and left soon after. I was so disgusted. My cousins poor girlfriend was so strong about the whole thing. My daughter and her girls would have been less than a month apart and even though she started sobbing when they announced, she put on a brave face and congratulated them anyway. It broke my heart.

As far as Austins face, I really hope he was just tired from smiling all day or has Chandler Bing syndrome. Joy is absolutely beautiful. I'm not nuts about what I've seen of her dress but she could wear a burlap sack and I'd still think she was stunning.

10 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Wedding, engagement, birthday ... do the Duggars know any other way of living other than being stupidly tacky and constantly throwing parties? Nothing is special to these people, even when it should be.

As for Joy, I want to be happy for her. I think the best think that can be said is that she has a chance to experience life as an adult as opposed to an adult child at the Duggar compound. But she's just so young. It's just sad that this is somehow the best option somehow.

And Joe is as cheap and gross as his dad.

None of us have ever accused the Duggars of sophistication or propriety.

Calculating (JB) yes. 

We aren't REALLY surprised at all, are we?

So if Joe had proposed last week or next week, he would have stolen Joy's thunder. If he had waited a month, it would have been timed to keep the people covers coming and generate interest in the show. If he proposes on the wedding, he is tacky. They can't win. (Not that I pity them for it, it comes with the territory:my_biggrin:)

However, I still pity Joy for having a wedding while her abuse lawsuit is the talk of the town. Could they not have had the wedding two weeks ago, so she was safely away on her honeymoon somewhere in a tent on a lonely hilltop with no Internet and mobile connection when the lawsuit news broke? 

Compared to marrying in the shadow of an abuse lawsuit, having a tacky brother propose at your wedding is peanuts. I really hope her wedding, honeymoon and new husband brings her enough joy to compensate for some of this sh*t.

2 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Well that's an incredibly low bar.

I wouldn't want to set the bar high, it's a recipe for disaster. Joy would end up living on side of the Shrader's in Sub Sahara Africa or in the RV next to the Rods, if I did. So stick low, better then D-wreck. ;) Come on Austin, I have faith in for you for that at least. 

Now if I am correct, Austin has flipped houses and seems financially doing okay, right? So maybe they actually have their own home to go to. Or is the thought that they live on the family compound resort ranch thing. Anyone know?

I understand that there may be special circumstances where a proposal might be appropriate (e.g. it was the bride's idea) but WTF Joe.  It has nothing to do with being a bridezilla or playing pretty pretty princess -- a wedding day is a celebration of the marriage of the couple.  There is a time and  place and this was neither.   I also don't think it is very considerate of Kendra.   

As far as Joy, her hair looks youthful and appropriate with the braid.  It seems disheveled and too casual for the event/attire with her hair down as it was styled (or not in this case).  I also have very thick, longer hair and for it to hold a curl with it down, I need about half a bottle of elnett.  It looks like her curls fell out quite a bit and that might account for the messier look.  

I'm holding judgement back on the dress until we get a full shot but I like that she had a shorter veil unlike Jinger.  Given how casual and outdoorsy she is, it was probably much more fitting with her personal style.   

Joy always struck me as someone who wanted shorter hair (like shoulder length) I'm silently betting she chops it relatively soon. 

When I was a bridesmaid in my mum's wedding a few years ago, my hair was a disaster. The hairdresser put it in this loose braid that looked absolutely awful. So when I got home to dress, I took it out of the braid and brushed it out. But it was still kind of pinned up on top. The rest of it sort of caved in until it hit chin level, then flared out in a body wave, with straight ends that hit just above my shoulders. I still laugh when I look at the pictures. So compared to that, they've all had absolutely fabulous wedding hair, in my opinion.

Who do you think were in their Wedding Party? All their siblings, or just a few? Looks like blue and orange/tangerine were the colours. 

Honeymoon destination? I'm going with the big island of Hawaii. It's tropical, exotic, but not too exotic, and there are excellent ranches and trail rides you can do there. 

Reception? Could it have been at Austin's parents' place? Or perhaps the reheasal barbecue? 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

All the wedding photos.

it never hit me before but it's staggering how all Duggar couples (Josh+Anna, Joe+Kendra, too) look like they could be siblings, except for Jinger and Jeremy. Am I the only one thinking this?

Even Josiah and Marjorie  look alike.

Wow, Joy has the first clean shaven groom! Little bit of a surprise since we have never seen Boob with any manner of facial hair.  

Also that is an unfortunate pic of Jessa.  As every instagrammer knows, a low angle is rarely flattering.  hahaha

Hello, all! I've lurked off and on here at FJ for a while now. The main reason I never posted was because It wouldn't let me register via tapatalk.. finally got on through a computer! 
I think the young marriages are sad simply because they didn't really have any other option. I was married close to my twentieth birthday. I do not regret it, but I know that my life would be much different if I hadn't have gotten married then. Not necessary better or worse, but much different. 

With the Dugger girls though, it's either stay at home or get married. There isn't really any other way the story can go.

I think Joy probably knew about the proposal and didn't mind. I imagine it's very stressful to have the attention of 1000+ people and didn't mind some of it taken of her. Especially since she probably only cared about her new freedoms with her husband... being able to hug, kiss, speak in private, etc. 

Ok, Joesph is not exactly Mr. Personality. The guy looks about as fun as a bump on a log. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would plan some elaborate proposal. He doesn't strike me as having much of an imagination.  He seems more like the type who would lean over, while sitting on the couch after dinner, and say to Kendra "Hey, you wanna get married?" So, proposing at a wedding/reception is a whole lot better than a couch proposal. 

I think they got engaged on a Joy's Wedding day and Grandma Mary's birthday so Joe will never forget when he asked a Kendra to marry him. And Joy and Joe will never forget Grandma's birthday. Win-Win-Win on all accounts.

I think Joy was close with Grandma Mary when she lived in the house, so it could have been her way of honoring Grandma. I doubt Grandma Mary cared if Joy got married on her birthday. It also makes it easier to remember Joy's anniversary.

The dress.... looks like the tacky sleeves were added  it was sleeveless and they tacked in those sleeves because that's a quick and easy alteration. God forbid you would show off your biceps and triceps at your wedding. 

My guess for the wedding party:

Jill - matron of honor, carlin - maid of honor, other bridesmaids: Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Johannah and Jennifer (because she is in Joy's body team), Jennifer Hartono and Josie and/or Tori Bates, Austin's ister.

23 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

So if Joe had proposed last week or next week, he would have stolen Joy's thunder. If he had waited a month, it would have been timed to keep the people covers coming and generate interest in the show. If he proposes on the wedding, he is tacky. They can't win. (Not that I pity them for it, it comes with the territory:my_biggrin:)

Personally, I think there's a difference between proposing around the time someone gets married and proposing at the actual wedding. That said, all that matters is if JoStin truly don't mind and freely agreed to the idea.

@divadivineJust a FYI - there's nothing wrong with a couch proposal. Only thing that should matter is that both people in the couple are comfortable and happy with how their proposal happened. 

Their photographer (or whoever took the announcement pics posted on the family's Instagram) sure has a knack for capturing people at their sweatiest and most rumpled.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted anyone proposing at my wedding, but I'm not a Duggar. Given that these people are all about mating and nothing else, I wouldn't be surprised if Joy and Austin thought it was a great honor to have another godly match made on their special day. And it won't hurt if it brings more media attention to a otherwise non-newsworthy event. I'll bet the bride and groom were delighted by the proposal whether they knew about it or not. Etiquette rules don't apply in Duggarland anyway.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived