IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

Maybe "the father" isn't Doug at all. Have just found 2 new pics of "DW Winters" and Lady Flo looking pretty darned chummy on her FB page. They're dated June 18, which was Father's Day. I realize they could have been taken earlier, but still, one wonders...

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.22.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.22.44 AM.png

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I was wondering about that, too, @Marian the Librarian, because he posted a photo of Morocco only hours later and implied that he was there. I thought he was just bullshitting, but now...???

Link please? Thanks!

Oh for the love of Pete --(forgot that was Bradrick's first name, poor choice)...Flo.  Maybe "the father picks a gorgeous place" means he picked it from Morocco. Or once he picked it in 2009? Or some other father picked it.  Ding dong the DPIART is GONE, Beall.  Spit it out. Grown kids, please motivate your mother to acknowledge that the darling father is a fraud.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Link please? Thanks!

I think I'm the one who got it wrong, Marian. I think he was using a background of Morocco on a set. I'll have to work on my reading comprehension!

Whatever; I still don't think he was with Beall and the kids after seeing the photos you linked. 

Doug is rocking Smart Guy glasses (thank you, Rick Perry).  Based on his age, I'll assume they are reading glasses or perhaps they are just a prop. Doug looks surprisingly buff in the top photo. 

38 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think he was using a background of Morocco on a set. I'll have to work on my reading comprehension!

Ohhh. THAT was the pink in the bottom of the picture in the lake on Father's Day. 

And didn't VF eschew Fathers Day along with birthdays?

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Maybe "the father" isn't Doug at all. Have just found 2 new pics of "DW Winters" and Lady Flo looking pretty darned chummy on her FB page.

Doug is a complete jackass, and that shade of blue Lady Flo is wearing in the second photo looks wonderful on her. 

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Not sure about other holidays, but Christmas was THE big no-no. Can't remember if Easter was banned altogether or if they just had to call it "Resurrection Day." 

12 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Not sure about other holidays, but Christmas was THE big no-no. Can't remember if Easter was banned altogether or if they just had to call it "Resurrection Day." 

In looking through my PDF cache of Doug's Blog posts (alas - incomplete), there's no mention of Easter but these marketing scams celebrations or observances each come up at least once over the years:

April: Sinking of the Titanic

May: Memorial Day

June: Father's Day

October: Reformation Day

November: Thanksgiving

And, to give people here an idea of how far DPIART has, uh, strayed, check out this quote from a 2003 blog post:

For the last two nights during our family altar time, I have used the picture to teach my children the true meaning of being a Christian. They have been sobering but beautiful experiences. My prayer for my wife, myself, and each of my children is that we will live well by resolving now to die well, should God call any to make the ultimate sacrifice for their Lord. In my own life, it was the reading of Foxes Book of Martyrs at age fourteen which forever transformed my view of the Christian’s walk. Now I hope to share this message with my own loved ones.

Believe me, there's a LOT more shite where that came from! 

Tartuffe, anyone? If you want to read it in English (it's still hilarious after over 350 years), I recommend the Richard Wilbur translation.

@hoipolloi, muchas gracias!

Anyone else notice the absence of Mother's Day? (I once read that, in some churches, they call it "The Festival of the Christian Home," or some such thing, all the better to erase that boring, annoying old wife and mother from the picture.)

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Birthdays were definitely verboten. Pagan!!

3 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

But I could swear I remember Doug announcing the kids' birthdays on his blog. I remember Joshua's and Liberty's in particular. 

You know. I think you are probably right. As I recall it was birthday cakes that were pagan. Some sort of reference or connection to the moon was evil. 

6 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

No, actually, they were not verboten IF they were the birthdays of Phillips family members.

Here's a typical post for one of his kids' birthdays:

Today my son Joshua turned ten, so I took him to I.H.O.P. where I presented him with a special crocodile knife I had purchased for him from a reptile farm in the swamps of Florida a year ago in anticipation of his entry into the double digits. During our time together, we talked about what God had done in his life, my own dedication to his training, his obligations as a first born, and the legacy of his father and grandfather which we hope he will supercede by God’s grace.

And it looks like I omitted July 4 celebrations, per this blog entry from 2003:

Independence Day is a time for great rejoicing at the Phillips home. It is appropriate for a nation to give thanks to God for His providential direction in their history. Families across America should use this day to remember and rejoice. We try to do both with great gusto. This morning, we enjoyed a brunch in the tradition of my father and grandfather. I prepared a meal of fried matzo — a little Yiddish dish which my children have come to love. We also gathered as a family to watch the superb film A More Perfect Union about the Constitutional Convention. This sparked much discussion, so afterwards we sat for a devotional on the history of American freedom. We read from R.J. Rushdoony’s excellent treatise This Independent Republic . Next, we had a special time of celebration in which Beall and I sang a slightly bowdlerized song from the musical 1776 about the committee on the Declaration and the debate between Adams, Franklin, Sherman, Livingston, and Jefferson as to who would draft the document. This was followed by fife and drum music throughout the house and much enthusiastic dancing with my daughters. 

Please stop hoipolloi. It's almost dinner time here :wtsf:.  I stand corrected on the birthday bit. I think it was cakes.  Surely none of you missed the characteristic self-aggrandizing comments from DW Winters  about "his training" of his 10 year old. Tartuffe indeed!!!! 

8 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Maybe "the father" isn't Doug at all. Have just found 2 new pics of "DW Winters" and Lady Flo looking pretty darned chummy on her FB page. They're dated June 18, which was Father's Day. I realize they could have been taken earlier, but still, one wonders...

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.22.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.22.44 AM.png

These pics sure look staged to make him appear taller than her. Look at where her waist is in the picture where she is tilting her head. 

6 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Please stop hoipolloi. It's almost dinner time here :wtsf:.  I stand corrected on the birthday bit. I think it was cakes.  Surely none of you missed the characteristic self-aggrandizing comments from DW Winters  about "his training" of his 10 year old. Tartuffe indeed!!!! 

In one of the "Everyday News" videos the Tool used to post on his VF blog, two of his daughters baked and decorated a birthday cake for a friend. The blog is now dead, or I'd post a link.

17 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Well, when you consider that every day is Father's Day in a patriarchal household...I guess you don't need to set aside a special day for it. 

Does Lady Flo know that Doug is a rapist who nearly ruined the life of a vulnerable young woman?  Because if she doesn't, we need to get right on that.

8 hours ago, Hane said:

of the "Everyday News" videos the Tool used to post on his VF blog, two of his daughters baked and decorated a birthday cake for a friend. The blog is now dead, or I'd post a link.

Well I'm all wrong about the birthdays and birthday cakes. Let me eat cake. Sorry bout all that. 

My prayer for my wife, myself, and each of my children is that we will live well by resolving now to die well, should God call any to make the ultimate sacrifice for their Lord. In my own life, it was the reading of Foxes Book of Martyrs at age fourteen which forever transformed my view of the Christian’s walk.

WTF? Martyrdom? SRSLY?  I'm thinking there isn't much chance of dying for the faith in his current escapades.  I guess if he decides to do a documentary in ISIS controlled territory...

I cannot imagine what is currently discussed during family altar time at the Phillips household. 

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm thinking there isn't much chance of dying for the faith in his current escapades.

I doubt there was ever a chance of Doug Phillips dying for the faith in any of his various adventures missions antics, now or then.

Saving himself for the faith by pushing others out of the way? Oh yes. Sacrificing his precious self for the faith? Never.

I'm not thinking there's a whole lot of "family time," let alone "family altar time,"'at that household. Daddy is too busy with his new European Goth girlfriends.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived