IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

On 6/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, danvillebelle said:

I'm sure some part of me could or should feel sorry for Be-all, but.....nah.  I feel about as sorry for her as I do for Carmela Soprano - i.e., I DON'T.  

You cannot tell me that Doug the slimeball suddenly changed overnight from doting religious father to creepy stalking rapist.  It was there all along, she just chose to ignore it...while living the VF high-life and having child after child with that creepazoid.  She had a big house with a pool, all expenses paid vacations and trips, and VF leghumpers fawning all over her for years.  She loved it.  I'd have more respect for her if she'd publicly denounce him and kick his sorry ass to the curb, but she doesn't seem to have the cojones to do that.

This could easily be Josh and Anna Duggar in 20 years, minus the ambition, but plus about 5 more kids. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that Beall has always been the grounded one in the relationship, the numbers person, the anchor. Now I'm intrigued.  What role, if any, does she play in the Winters Agency, or whatever the heck it's called?  He's starting a business.  A business needs a business plan, a back office, workers, an accountant, (if anyone wants him as an agent), someone answering the phone, someone setting up and making all the arrangements for the Bal Mort American tour.  It also needs to be in New York or LA, I'm guessing, but maybe it's all done by cell phone and I Pad these days. Anyway, DPIAT has a ready-made office staff. 

17 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Perry celebrates four Doug-free years:

And promotes his & Kim's new website: 

Dang, Perry: grooming!  It's important!!

At least let Kim trim those raggety-ass moustache hairs neatly, if you can't do it!  AND the flavor-saver, please? 

There's nothing wrong with a man growing a beard even if his facial hair is sparse. But he needs to make it look nice!

Gad!!!

19 hours ago, Howl said:

I suspect that Beall has always been the grounded one in the relationship, the numbers person, the anchor. Now I'm intrigued.  What role, if any, does she play in the Winters Agency, or whatever the heck it's called?  He's starting a business.  A business needs a business plan, a back office, workers, an accountant, (if anyone wants him as an agent), someone answering the phone, someone setting up and making all the arrangements for the Bal Mort American tour.  It also needs to be in New York or LA, I'm guessing, but maybe it's all done by cell phone and I Pad these days. Anyway, DPIAT has a ready-made office staff. 

I agree she is the grounded one but she's not a numbers person.  I don't know how/who's running that in the Flo-Go Biz but I do not think it's her.

Interesting that some other bloggers are snapping to the fact that Mr. Phillips has numerous aliases.  Wonder if they are stopping by FJ to stay up to date? 

1 hour ago, iEscaped said:

@Howl Mind sharing which bloggers are posting about it?  I'm curious to see what they're saying. 

Me too - please and thank you! 

Well, in the comments section of the most recent post at Spinderella Sproul, RC 2.0 (the proprietor) discusses Doug, his aliases and his skills, relative to R.C. Sproul, who is basically a slug who has coasted on being the pampered son of Ligonier Ministries.  The Spinderella Sproul site has been tracking Spanky and his antics since about 2005.  My impression is that RC 2.0 was a parishioner at Spanky's old church and got to witness and experience that mess first hand.  Here's RC 2.0's comment in response to other comments about the RC plea deal. 

RC Sproul Jr has never worked an actual job in his life. All he knows is "ministry," and his idea of ministry is getting gullible Christians to give him lots of money by tugging at their heartstrings with insincere religious twaddle. His lack of work experience puts him at a serious disadvantage compared to, say, his friend Doug Phillips who at least developed some practical works skills at Vision Forum (other than just scamming Christians and molesting nannies). Apparently Phillips is an accomplished photographer and cinematographer, and is making a living at it too. Doug Phillips seems to have come to terms with no longer being welcome in ministry circles, which is a good thing for everyone. Unfortunately, the same won't likely be the case with RC Sproul Jr. He hasn't come to terms with being unwelcome in ministry circles and he probably never will. 

So maybe he'll go back to Highlands Ministries. That would be a bad option though. His name is still too closely linked with it. So he'll probably start something else from scratch in a year or so, after the dust settles, with a significant cash infusion from Ligonier, ermmm, dad. 

There's also the likelihood that he'll operate under an assumed name, like his disgraced friend Doug Phillips is doing (aka Phil Douglas, Doug Williams, DW Cinematographer). The names "RC Sproul Jr" and "Doug Phillips" are so badly tarnished that the only reasonable thing is to avoid using those names. 

Sticking around the old home town is also a liability. Doug Phillips had to skedaddle San Antonio, TX for Durango, CO to evade public scrutiny. RC Sproul Jr has already made his move from Orlando to Fort Wayne, IN, so he's on his way to dropping off the radar. Our guess is he'll drop the "RC" and adopt some heretofore unused variation on his name (like Doug Phillips has), such as "Robert Sproul" or "Craig Sproul." 

I thought Spiritual Sounding Board was on top of this as well, but I could be mistaken.

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I thought Spiritual Sounding Board was on top of this as well, but I could be mistaken.

I find the complete lack of interest from Spiritual Sounding Board and The Wartburg Watch almost... bizarre. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I find the complete lack of interest from Spiritual Sounding Board and The Wartburg Watch almost... bizarre. 

It's disappointed me too but TWW does have some pretty putrid fish to deal with -- jerk faces (not a theological term) who are taking over the Southern Baptist church, big building by big building. 

SSB ... I can't recall.  

Gotta love RC2.0 for mentioning all Doug Phillips' aliases!

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

My guess is that their silence has less to do with lack of interest and more to do with the unfortunate fact that these fundie hucksters are a dime a dozen, and the moment one "ministry" falls into a scandal, five more appear to take its place. Doug Philips is a tool may have given up the "ministry" racket, but many more haven't and those are probably TWW and SSB's top priorities. I also have to wonder if the Christian patriarchy/SAHD fad has fizzled out, due to the shocking number of scandals this relatively small subculture has experienced. 

SSB has been dogging Lori Alexander, I remember now (after looking it up).  A worthy endeavor, and timely with Lori's vile attempt to erase suicide hotline info. 

A blogger can only do do much so I have no problem with SSB & TWE content.

Hows the "all the names of Doug Phillips" wiki entry coming along?  I'm wiki-impaired but could be of help writing or researching ...

43 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

A blogger can only do do much so I have no problem with SSB & TWE content.

Oh, I don't have a problem with the content they do have. But they reach so many people that I wish they'd just do a quick "Just so you know, Doug is passing himself off as..." post. 

But hey, it's their blogs, and they certainly do a lot of good work. 

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, I don't have a problem with the content they do have. But they reach so many people that I wish they'd just do a quick "Just so you know, Doug is passing himself off as..." post. 

But hey, it's their blogs, and they certainly do a lot of good work. 

True what you say! Somebody might want to ask them about the possibilities!

Well, I went over to the Spinderella Sproul website and saw that Dougie is now living in Durango, Colorado, which shocked me to pieces. So I did some confirming by letting my fingers do the walking on Google.

https://coloradoresidentdb.com/person/601524509/doug_winston_phillips

Now I'm pretty sure this is the Doug of Many Names, taken from the voter registration records. (How many other Douglas Winston Phillpses put down "American Constitution Party" as their political party?)

So then I got curious and wondered if the address listed was owned by Doug or being rented. And the answer is...Zillow says a sale is pending and the county tax records say it's owned by someone else. Another curious thing. I also tried to look up Beall on the coloradoresidentdb site and she's not there. Could mean she's never registered to vote, or could mean she doesn't live there.

So, if a sale is pending, is Doug buying it? (It's not cheap.) If he's not buying it and it's being sold out from underneath him, where is he going to go? Inquiring minds and all that...

11 hours ago, mirele said:

So then I got curious and wondered if the address listed was owned by Doug or being rented. And the answer is...Zillow says a sale is pending and the county tax records say it's owned by someone else.

Yes. We covered this a while back and uncovered a connection between the property owner as a family member of a recently deceased War Vet that we idly speculated was someone that The Meatballs aka The Phillips Sisters or however they try to justify their cosplay and red lipstick and/or their father was involved with.. 

Concur completely with the estimations of Spanky Sproul. Sadly, JTits will likely feed at that trough in Orlando too because I'm not sure there is any other skill set beyond IT or being a gothy gaffer for Dad and I'm not thinkind Delany would go for that....

31 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

... because I'm not sure there is any other skill set beyond IT ...

Ummm... that's not a bad skill set to have and can certainly feed a family (even a large one) it there's any talent behind it.

4 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Ummm... that's not a bad skill set to have and can certainly feed a family (even a large one) it there's any talent behind it.

Fair enough. You are surely correct. Forgive my haste. I didn't mean to disparage the skill---I just meant IMHO he won't venture with the skill set beyond the comfort zone of Sproulworld Orlando.

Yes, @mireleit is the Doug of Many Aliases!   Beall had a big garage sale in Texas awhile back and would only say they were moving to a much smaller house.  Someone on fj tracked them down to that adorable but much smaller house in Durango.  Durango is a fantastic choice for a family that loves the outdoors, but an odd choice for someone in the process of setting up a business with a European focus.  

Durango is served by American Airlines (non stop to Phoenix and Dallas/Fort Worth)  and United (non-stop to Denver).  However,  flying from Durango would add major $$$ to any ticket.  Wouldn't a better choice be somewhere on the East Coast, a train ride away from a city with cheap direct flights to Amsterdam?  For example, Boston to Amsterdam one way is $410. Today's price for that same flight from Durango to Amsterdam is around $2,200, one way.  

Beall is tweeting again. Guess what? Anyone who criticizes Doug is a "Christian," not a Christian. 

21 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Beall is tweeting again. Guess what? Anyone who criticizes Doug is a "Christian," not a Christian. 

Maybe she's referring to Doug/Phil/DW/Tool/whatever she's calling him these days!

Perhaps her husband's new exploits are making it into the world of fundy social media.  Still think it is interesting that her faith remains strong, while not a peep about faith, Jesus, whatever, from him.

ETA:  Or maybe it's about the criticism of Spanky.  I'd forgotten about the link to Spanky through Delaney and her son. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived