IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

I'm sure there is special family time around the family altar where the patriarch reads a bible verse that explains it all.  And I'm sure at least one talk began with, "Children, I've had a revelation. God smote me and told me to go forth alone to admire the female form in Europe, that they should come to know me and be glad."

Also, I wanted to say that I inferred that the River Church is their church, since that is where Doug took his daughter to a Father-Daughter dance.  Not 100% sure, but pretty sure!  And I'm guessing once they got run off from Boerne Christian Assembly and went mainstream Baptist, splitting theological hairs just doesn't matter anymore.  I'll also speculate that there is a degree of anonymity in a very large church like Hyde Park Baptist and a church like River Church that can be very comforting and provide a way for the kids and Beall to have some friends in the community.  Yeah, Family Integrated Church is in the rear-view mirror. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23 June 2017 at 9:01 AM, bea said:

Green Oreos? An abomination unto Nuggan. I declare you anathema.
emoji38.png

But this (newest badly written spiral notebook) entry by Nuggan has not appeared to me!

Oh. My. Gosh.  Durango has their own BOHEMIAN BURLESQUE SOCIETY : "Healing the masses through art and entertainment."  Not quite as polished as Lady Flo and the gang, but the same groove.  Is this a thing now?  Can our bon vivant resist?

Screenshot 2017-07-02 at 8.41.38 PM.png

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh. My. Gosh.  Durango has their own BOHEMIAN BURLESQUE SOCIETY : "Healing the masses through art and entertainment."  Not quite as polished as Lady Flo and the gang, but the same groove.  Is this a thing now?  Can our bon vivant resist?

I'm sure is on that. Or in it. Or helped "found" it. 

DW seems to me to be a little snobbish about things. It's not just burlesque, but the most beautiful European performers. Perhaps if he founded the Durango group and was forging links with the group in Benelux it would be ok. Otherwise I suspect he might turn his nose up a little 

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Or helped "found" it. 

I'm fantasizing about him calling Jim Leininger, trying to convince him of the group's "historical importance," and having an old skool phone receiver slammed down in his ear. 

34 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

DW seems to me to be a little snobbish about things. It's not just burlesque, but the most beautiful European performers. Perhaps if he founded the Durango group and was forging links with the group in Benelux it would be ok. Otherwise I suspect he might turn his nose up a little 

I had similar thoughts.  I feel a little creepy typing this, but these women aren't really his type. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I had similar thoughts.  I feel a little creepy typing this, but these women aren't really his type. 

I still think he could get interested in Hugh Jazz Peter.  

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Not creepy so much as a realistic appraisal of DPIART's suckbutt & elitist tendencies. His snobbery is SO obvious. 

FWIW, I think the Durango company looks great & more power to them in their artistic endeavors. 

I asked google to check on burlesque making a come back in the US, and google came up with many articles, saying yes, yes it was making a comeback.  Most are dated between 2001 and 2008.  Haven't seen any of it in my city, but there's wacky fun like roller derby, the Minor Mishap Marching Band and Adult Swim Drive-In.

I am a seriously long time reader, but I have kept silent until now. This idiot has invaded the town where my daughter, son-in-love, and grand baby reside (along with assorted second-sphere relatives). So, this holiday weekend I Surveyed his new "domain" and warned those I love to give the monster a very critical analysis if he should saunter into their lives. Forewarned is forearmed. 

I just clicked on a few of the performers at random and a couple of them are also performers in the Imaginario circus, which he's filmed recently. 

On 7/3/2017 at 2:38 AM, Jellybean said:

DW seems to me to be a little snobbish about things.

Well, when you run a boutique agency, you can't afford to be seen with a bunch of yokels from the US.

On the other hand, it looks like boutique agencies don't have to care about proofreading (emphasis added):

Representation - The D. Winters Agency is a boutique agency specializing in representing European talent with emphasis on vocalist, voice-overs, acting and performance arts to the American film, television and corporate community.  Special emphasis on the retro/vintage/and classic community of actors, musicians and performance artists. If your looking for talented fresh foreign talent for your project overseas or domestic project, consider booking through us. 

Attention Doug Phillips/DW Winters/Phil Douglas/etc. -- that would be "you're," not "your."

Maybe we should not have blamed your interns for all those typos back in the days of VFI/VFM...

On 6/30/2017 at 9:10 PM, Howl said:

splitting theological hairs just doesn't matter anymore.

Actually it never mattered: it was all about morality and sales. Very very very!!!! rare mentions of Jesus in most things VF and the tradition continues at NCFIC. 

It's not about "forgiving," Beall. It's about your absolute refusal to name-- to even acknowledge-- that for which you need to be forgiven. 

And in VF fandom news: 

Kathy Regan of the Regan Family Farm was once a Vision Forum shill, who “prayed earnestly” for the ridiculous “Tyranny Eve” movement. Scroll down and you’ll see she even wanted to send her son Josh to the capitol with his dad to fight Evil Obama & The Gays…

http://reganfamfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=vision+forum

…but now Josh is an actor in a summer production of A Chorus Line who’s playing Bobby Mills, a flamboyant gay character based on Michael Bennett himself.

In the comments, Josh praises one of his colleagues as “the hands and feet of Jesus,” so I guess he’s Fundie Lite now. *shrug* 

I'm a little surprised Perry acknowledged it, to be honest. Nothing out of Kim, of course, I'm sure she's furious.

23 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Deanna Coghlan is pregnant, apparently.

Okay, so I know nothing whatsoever about the people in this photo, but that poor woman looks like a kidnapping victim standing with her kidnapper.  She looks utterly miserable.  

58 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Okay, so I know nothing whatsoever about the people in this photo, but that poor woman looks like a kidnapping victim standing with her kidnapper.  She looks utterly miserable.  

That poor woman is proud first-time father Perry Coghlan (with his own father on the left), who worked as the warehouse manager for Vision Forum. He would love for you to believe he was the "kidnapping victim" of VF, but he knew exactly what they stood for, and endorsed their ideas many, many times. 

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm a little surprised Perry acknowledged it, to be honest. Nothing out of Kim, of course, I'm sure she's furious.

Clarify? Did Deanna rebel?

20 minutes ago, Howl said:

Clarify? Did Deanna rebel?

She's divorced and living in Austin with her boyfriend, so you could say that.

26 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

She's divorced and living in Austin with her boyfriend, so you could say that.

Also, Perry said in a comment on Doug Wilson's Facebook page that all of his daughters EXCEPT ONE "take their religion seriously." Like, was that really necessary? 

Kim and Perry are going to lose their grip on those younger kids and one of them is going to do something that makes Deanna's shacking up with her boyfriend look positively tame. Mark my words.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived