IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

Salad: green, leafy stuff, roma tomatoes (YUM), cucumbers, onion, grilled chicken (or if I'm lazy, shredded lunch meat), shredded cheese, topped with raspberry vinaigrette (or zesty italian, or ranch or whatever's in the fridge). That's some good shit. I'll make some for hub and me. Hell, even the "Suddenly Salad" bacon ranch stuff has extras added in for us...cherry tomatoes, extra corn, peas and even green beans, always served with some sort of protein like fish or chicken. For a shitty, heathen, non-submissive, working wife, I produce better dinners on a nightly basis than the queen. Ok...tonight's dinner is leftovers...london broil, rice a roni and corn.  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Salad: green, leafy stuff, roma tomatoes (YUM), cucumbers, onion, grilled chicken (or if I'm lazy, shredded lunch meat), shredded cheese, topped with raspberry vinaigrette (or zesty italian, or ranch or whatever's in the fridge). That's some good shit. I'll make some for hub and me. Hell, even the "Suddenly Salad" bacon ranch stuff has extras added in for us...cherry tomatoes, extra corn, peas and even green beans, always served with some sort of protein like fish or chicken. For a shitty, heathen, non-submissive, working wife, I produce better dinners on a nightly basis than the queen. Ok...tonight's dinner is leftovers...london broil, rice a roni and corn.  

I think most FJ members probably could probably give better advice on how to feed a family.  

It's a stormy day...I made homemade veg. beef soup.  Perfect rainy weather food.

I'm imagining Lori's next viral article now.

GROCERY STORES HATE HER! SAVE A BUNDLE ON YOUR GROCERIES BY NEVER EATING THESE 10,000 FOODS!

32 minutes ago, Koala said:

I think most FJ members probably could probably give better advice on how to feed a family.  

It's a stormy day...I made homemade veg. beef soup.  Perfect rainy weather food.

I made fresh asparagus soup last night. 

And I agree even the FJers that don't like to cook (like me) make better meals than Lori. 

I keep grape tomatoes on hand because I am lazy. I can just toss those in the salad after they've been rinsed. No slicing. Also, four or five of those end up straight in my mouth while I'm fixing dinner. Yum. 

I have a sentimental attachment to grape tomatoes now. Eight years ago, when I was taking care of my sick dad (now deceased), I took several food items of my own because he and my stepmother mostly ate frozen dinners. One day as I was leaving for the store he said "I ate some of your tomatoes. What are those?"  I told him and he said he loved them and asked if I'd pick up another container. It was a nice treat because he didn't have much appetite at the time and he found something he enjoyed. Also, we did not have much in common (we had been estranged before he became ill.). Suddenly I knew we both loved grape tomatoes. 

Anyway, just keep some chopped veggies (and small tomatoes) in separate containers and build a salad in like five minutes. Surely, Lori has time to chop veggies a few days a week. My daughter works twelve-hour night shifts and she finds time for make-ahead meal prep. Of course, my daughter does not have a chat room to monitor or videos to produce in her car; so there's that. 

@usmcmom, what a sweet story about your dad and your shared taste for grape tomatoes!

Made me think of my dad, who has also passed. Little things remind me of him all the time.

Memories - big or small, eventful or incidental - sustain us. 

Not gonna cry... Not gonna cry...!

10 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

@usmcmom, what a sweet story about your dad and your shared taste for grape tomatoes!

Made me think of my dad, who has also passed. Little things remind me of him all the time.

Memories - big or small, eventful or incidental - sustain us. 

Not gonna cry... Not gonna cry...!

Thanks. Interestingly, tomatoes make me think of my maternal grandfather too. I LOVED that man and, when I was four and five years old, I'd put on my rubber boots and follow behind him in his garden. He'd pick a tomato, wipe it on his pants and hand it to me. Then he'd pick one for himself and we'd stand in the hot dusty garden eating those fresh tomatoes. The juice dripped down my chin and I ended up a grimy mess but my mother never once complained. i always eat the first tomato of the summer like an apple, standing at my kitchen sink thinking of my grandpa. 

Hugs to you as you remember your dad too. 

We have an entire row of grape tomatoes planted. Mr. EW is gonna sell some at work and the rest we'll probably be picking off the vine and eating before they ever hit the salads. 

L. needs to hush about how healthy that salad. If she seriously wants to "prevent cancer" then she should take the steps to grow her own lettuce for optimal nutrition. 

We had bitter gourd curry and rice. Washed and cooked the rice, fresh, using rice cooker. Washed, peeled and cut up the gourd, cooked it with spices and we had a nice meal. 

Am with other person, nothing wrong with bagged salad, I use them too, but to brag like you did so much work? Come the f*ck on. That's the amazing salad she makes? She takes a bagged salad mix and adds a chopped cucumber? As others have nicely stated, add more at least. Some tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, edamame, peppers, fruit even. We got back from the beach and there was this large farm with a store containing fresh fruit and we got fresh-picked strawberries and blackberries. She loves in southern CA. She can totally get loads of fresh produce local. If she can spend 100s a month on vitamins, she can buy some fresh produce. 

So, as we have all stated, that salad is pathetic to brag about. Just say you made a little salad tonight. Be honest. Don't act like you have some new amazing food to share. No wonder she stays sick. She eats horribly. She eats out all the time and when she doesn't she's making scrap soup and a simple bagged salad with raw egg yolks sitting for 3 weeks. 

Don't ask me why I remember this, but on her old blog I remember Lori giving the "recipe" for the big salad, and it had quite a variety of greens and veggies--more than seems to be pictured here. She also recommended topping it with aged cheese and roasted chicken.

Even with that more appealing version of the big salad, I wouldn't want one every single day. Also, I was never sure if the big salad was part of the meal or the meal itself. She has written in the past about baking her own bread and roasting chickens every couple days, and has mentioned making chicken soup, meatloaf, and chicken Parmesan. Ken's comment about the kids wanting his food did make it sound like salad was the only thing on the menu, though. They confuse me.

I do know I wouldn't touch that salad dressing with a ten-foot pole. She and the younger daughter seem to have had quite a few digestive issues--if it was me, I'd wonder if the daily ingestion of raw eggs was part of the problem.

15 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

She has written in the past about baking her own bread and roasting chickens every couple days, and has mentioned making chicken soup, meatloaf, and chicken Parmesan.

Lori baking her own bread? Riiiiiight...baking bread is WORK! There's that kneading thing...great hand/arm workout! Meatloaf is easy...and a standby for me...I may make a couple of them, wrap them in foil and freeze. Unfortunately, the fridge here in our new place is rather small....and there isn't a lot of room for make ahead. 

I don't really see Lori doing anything that might be remotely construed as work...even cooking. 

Ha, now I'm doubting myself-- this was in the early days, when she seemed a little more normal and talked about things other than submission and yoga pants.

On the other hand, baking bread is a lot of work...maybe I have her confused with someone else? :pb_lol:

She recently posted bread she'd made on her insty. 

Bread isnt that much work if you have a bread machine. Of course my silly body decided to go gluten sensitive so now bread for me is a lot of work. 

Ok, so four-day old salad is such a disgusting thought that I can't bear to think it. I'm not a huge salad person but when it's crisp and fresh I can eat it. The second there's a sign of wilt I'm gagging and it's in the bin.

So because I can't bear to even THINK about Lori's evening meal on Day 3 or Day 4, I'm going to choose to reinterpret her post.....

You guys, she obviously makes that salad every FOURTH day, just to eat and finish on that day! No leftovers, and four days later she makes it again! It's just an item in her routine rota of suppers, no biggie!

(I know, I know...:my_cry: But please bear with me on this, you've no idea how much I can't stand non-fresh salad)

:tw_bawling:

9 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I do know I wouldn't touch that salad dressing with a ten-foot pole. She and the younger daughter seem to have had quite a few digestive issues--if it was me, I'd wonder if the daily ingestion of raw eggs was part of the problem.

You have a point here about the eggs. She (and maybe daughter) could be allergic to egg whites or the entire egg. #2quivers had an allergy test last year and we found out all her stomach aches are from milk and egg whites. She is highly allergic/sensitive to milk and a lesser degree to egg whites. She likes that she can still have "dunking eggs". #2 symptoms would be stomach pain, constipation or worse. Once we removed the 2 foods, it all went away. It comes on almost immediately when she has milk or milk product. 

I like salads myself, but if there ever happened to be any leftover, it would get eaten the next day.  Or go in the trash. 

I don't do salads much, but prefer to have the veggies cut up and available for snacking.

I didn't want to resurrect the thread about Lori's book, but I have to share: I received a reply on my comment from "Gift Recipient":

You seem to be anti-semetic in your comments. Aleph-beth means in hebrew head of house. If that bothers your intuition, then that is your problem, not God's.

Won't be around the next few weeks, so someone keep tabs on what LorKen are up to!

Her post on insty made me livid. And it has proved that she doesn't really care about properly studying the Bible or the truth of the word. She's following a religion of her own and she's put a god in her own little box and made him to fit her ideal. I'm surprised she isn't a hardcore IFB. She makes me angry but also sad. She is an evil woman and shows no evidence of good character or virtue or the love that is to mark God's people 

and I am now to the the point where I hope there's a special place in hell for her. 

All this talk of salad is making me crave some, so I'm making salad for supper.

Spinach, romaine lettuce, a bag of mixed salad leaves, red onion, cucumber, celery, tomatoes and feta cheese with olive oil/lemon mint dressing. Served with falafel, pita breads, hummus and tzatziki.

I've got some roast chicken I'll probably add as well.

Thanks for all the ways to punch up a boring salad.  I'm afraid I get in a rut and tend to make the same salad over and over.  But I must ask you all:  would any of you by any chance know the secret of how to use a pizza cutter on your greens?  The Maxwells have been promising for months now to show us how it's done...

She's on a rant about women preachers again today. :roll: She explains that she is naming them all for godly purposes (to warn her readers away from them).

She sounds like a spoiled teenager.  If she hears something she doesn't like, she just plugs her ears, and sticks her nose in the air

Fuck her.  I know a female Methodist minister who has had official complaints filed against her for coming out, and another complaint because she officiated a same-sex wedding.  I'm Jewish, and she's still a hero to me.

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

She sounds like a spoiled teenager.  If she hears something she doesn't like, she just plugs her ears, and sticks her nose in the air

Maybe Paul was thinking of women like Lori when he wrote it.

I will see myself to the prayer closet.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived