IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

22 minutes ago, Koala said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  So nasty.  There's no reason that she should be saving a salad for 4 days.

Her salad dressing is....something:

Nothing like 3 week old raw egg yolks, and a slimy 4 day old salad.

OMG....raw egg yolks?!  She's insane.  How in the hell has nobody gotten violently ill yet?  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

That salad looks like the stuff in the bagged salads-lettuce, cabbage and carrots. Does she just throw in bagged salad mixes, cut up a cucumber or two and call that "making" dinner? That's what I call a side dish unless you put in protein-beans or chicken or something. I make salads like that too all the time. I buy the lettuces and other veggies separate (sometimes I do a bagged) , wash them, shred and/or cut them into bites and it's a nice side dish with dinner. It's not usually dinner alone without a protein. 

I was just going to mention the lack of protein in the salad. I had to look up what a low protein diet will do to a person. Found this on livestrong.com: http://www.livestrong.com/article/427967-signs-of-low-protein-intake/ (it says there are 7 signs but I only count 6.)

Check out #6:

Gastrointestinal Distress

Low protein stores cause you to feel lethargic, fatigued and weak. You may also experience headaches, nausea, diarrhea, soreness of the stomach and even fainting. Protein helps transport nutrients within the body, delivering and releasing them where they are needed. When protein cannot perform this function, it disrupts the body’s homeostasis. This may result in a loss of appetite, irritability, insomnia, apathy, and the inability to stay warm.

Four day old salad is disgusting, slimy, nasty and every other word to describe unappetizing.  No wonder Ken cooked his own food and the children were clamoring to eat what he cooked.

That picture looks like bag salad to me -- which goes nasty much faster that salad things you cut up fresh.

I make salad 3-4 times a week and always fresh the day we eat it -- I make enough for one meal; It only take a few minutes

Take away from Lori's insta:  She entered the kitchen every 4 days to make a Big Salad (TM).  That's it -- the extent of her "cooking". A Big Salad.  With truly disgusting raw egg yolk dressing.  Has she never heard of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

SMdamnH at her sloth.

Edited to add:  3 week old raw egg yolk dressing. Could we have found the cause of Lori's life-long gut issues? I vote yes

For someone who only seems to make salads, that's a shitty looking big salad. If I had to eat that every day, I'd be as pissed off as Lori, too. Life is too short to eat the same. Damn. Thing. Every. Day. Add a tomato or some ham chunks, an egg for gods sake! Jesus wants her to add an egg! 

It needs some chicken or tuna. Some tomatoes and onion. Maybe an avacado. I'd crush a few pecans too. Then I'd drizzle with a mix of olive oil and apple cedar vinegar. 

Four-day-old salads. No, thanks. And just think. She prepared that salad on that BRAND NEW GRANITE COUNTERTOP she cleaned with her nasty Norwex cloth! :shock:

Excuse me while I try hard not to :puke-front:

23 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I am all for eating healthy. I have to due to health issues now. I do think food is an important foundation for health. But you can't say it'll prevent cancer. It'll help. And it'll help keep you fighting it for longer but nothing prevents cancer. For whatever reason our society today consumes toxins in many forms and cancer is on the rise. It's impossible to say "this will prevent cancer." 

And i have never heard about salmonella being on the eggs and I've raised chickens half my life. 

Lori has all kinds of ideas about how you can prevent and even CURE cancer at home.  Yes, seriously.  

It's strange that someone who claims to have been sick for her entire adult life, goes around pretending she has all of the secrets to good health.  

I'd venture that a lot of Lori's stomach problems come from the fact that she's a lazy housekeeper and takes pride in her own ignorance.

She should know enough to wash her fruit, and not wipe up raw chicken juices and then reuse the bath-cloth.  That's just pure lazy, and frankly, disgusting.  

When you add up all of the "shortcuts" she takes (magic carpet that never needs to be vacuumed, anyone?), it's pretty easy to see how she has the entire day to "monitor" other adults.  

EowynW add a small handful of dried cranberries or raisins. Make a jar of your oil/vinegar dressing then add a tablespoon  (or 2 depending on size of jar) of honey or cane syrup, shake well and drizzle on. Particularly good if using chicken or on a salad that is fresh fruit with a leaf lettuce base.

Edited to add.  I cannot believe there is a carpet that never needs to be vacuumed.  Doesn't show the dirt  -Yes.  Self cleaning - No.

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

For someone who only seems to make salads, that's a shitty looking big salad. If I had to eat that every day, I'd be as pissed off as Lori, too. Life is too short to eat the same. Damn. Thing. Every. Day. Add a tomato or some ham chunks, an cooked egg for gods sake! Jesus wants her to add an cooked egg! 

added a word to fix it for you. She already adds an egg- the raw one in the salad dressing. UCK!

I am a plain old ranch dressing salad person. I will eat other dressings when served and I love Caesar salad. Ok I have retract part of this- if it is a Greek salad it needs greek dressing, Caesar salad, Caesar dressing, etc. If it is a regular old salad I eat ranch.  There is no way in hell I would ever knowingly eat a raw egg dressing on my salad.

As for toppings - tomato, (hard-boiled*) egg, chow mien noodles, peppers (red, yellow, orange, green), (cooked*) chicken, shrimp, dried cranberries, apples (with a vinaigrette sauce), feta cheese, olives (I don't like them but many do), crumbled blue cheese, etc

Shoot, Lori, there is an entire blog post called "Spice it up- Salad Topping Ideas" - http://www.theleangreenbean.com/spice-it-up-salad-topping-idea/

*I can't believe I have specifically say cooked when it comes to eggs and chicken but with Lori I feel I must.

My favorite salad these days: mixed greens like romaine, kale, lots of spinach and iceberg for filler. I will make enough for only two days at a time. When I am ready for lunch I add pan seared shrimp (because I am supposed to be eating a high iron diet)  or chicken breast, pecans, strawberries, dried cranberries and red onions. I add a bit of maple syrup to my balsamic and drizzle it on top. I used to add feta or blue cheese crumbles before I had to go dairy free *frown*. 

Sometimes I will make a salad of all veggies - whatever I have in the frIdge - and mix hummus in as the dressing. It was an experiment that turned into a favorite. Chicken or tuna is good in that one. 

I cannot imagine keeping salad for four days, especially with foods that have a high water content.  I thought she was going to tell us she added lime to keep the veggies fresh (????) but, nope, just a size gauge.  

19 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

EowynW add a small handful of dried cranberries or raisins. Make a jar of your oil/vinegar dressing then add a tablespoon  (or 2 depending on size of jar) of honey or cane syrup, shake well and drizzle on. Particularly good if using chicken or on a salad that is fresh fruit with a leaf lettuce base.

Edited to add.  I cannot believe there is a carpet that never needs to be vacuumed.  Doesn't show the dirt  -Yes.  Self cleaning - No.

Ooooh I never thought of sweetening it. I usually infuse my oil and vinegar with herbs and sometimes I'll set a batch of garlic olive on too. Definitely going to try to sweeten it next time. 

@usmcmom - pecans! I love it when a salad comes with the candied pecans on it. I know not that healthy but I don't care- what a treat!

Also looking at the toppings to the blog post I posted- I forgot about scallops. We only have them in the house maybe once or twice a year because they are expensive but my husband loves them. But that reminded me of when I worked at a Radisson way back when and we would have a special summer salad that had seared scallops on it. OMG it was Awesome! <my mouth is now watering>

Count me in as another person who thinks 4 day old salad is gross. I usually make a salad to last for two days. An acquaintance of mine was recently posting about Salad in Jar parties where people get together to put 5 salad jars together for their daily lunches. She said that salads in the jars last about 5 days after they are put together in the jars and refrigerated.

As other FJers have said Lori is just fucking lazy about certain things and that plays into her health issues. I'm surprised her physician father has never scolded her for the four day old salads and wiping chicken juice with cloths and the then reusing them. I wonder if she made other people ill with the shit that she does.

ETA: My suggestion title for Lori Alexander 20 is "Eating Four Day Old Salads". I know it's probably lame.

I FB stalked Lori yesterday after learning about her, and I discovered that she lives in the San Diego area.  SD is a beautiful, expensive, and amazing place to live.  Did you know that grocery stores in SD carry some of the freshest, most abundant selections of fruits and vegetables year round?  It's true!  Someone should tell Lori.  There is no excuse for anybody in the SD area to brag about that salmonella-fest she calls a salad.  

Random question-  She's just posted another video from her car.  Why?  Just why?  So weird.

Shocker: The video is all about her sicknesses...and how she never wanted to be a person who was always talking about their illness.  :shock: 

Self awareness- she doesn't haz it.

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

Shocker: The video is all about her sicknesses...and how she never wanted to be a person who was always talking about their illness.  :shock: 

Did the salmonella salad finally do her in? 

Four day old salad? BAAAAAAARRRRRRFFFFF.

Lori is groooooooossssssssssss.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Is that some iceburg lettuce in there? Not much nutritional value in that.

It looks like a bag salad with a few extra veggies (and not all that many different kinds) thrown in.

Nothing wrong with bag salads, but I wouldn't brag about "making" one on my blog.

What I learned today from my Fj friends:  Every one of us can and does make a tastier, healthier, fresher salad than Lori -- the self proclaimed queen of healthy organic eating that cures cancer.

We may not be curing cancer, but we are certainly eating better than queen Lori.

There are moments when I think Ken would literally swoon at the sight of a good, tasty home cooked meal.  Something like a roast chicken, steamed broccoli and carrots, maybe rice pilaf and a salad.  Fresh fruit for dessert.  

It's not leggings that would tempt and seduce Ken; it's good food and interesting conversation.

Even when you store a salad properly, more than like 48h in the fridge is pushing it (as far as whether the salad is still palatable, obviously it might take longer for it actually to get dangerous). If I was blogging about the benefits of homemaking, I wouldn't be bragging about 4 day old salad, personally. It's not exactly time-consuming to make one every day, even if you work. You could prep a less bland looking salad and make some homemade dressing for it, too, in about 20 minutes. But I guess it's all a moot point (just noticed the no butter, no salt corn on the cob post a few before the salad one... at least put some herbs/spices on it!).

@quiversR4hunting I sometimes add raw egg yolk to my salad dressing. I got the recipe from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook. There's a farm around the corner from my house where I buy them once a week. Perfectly safe for same day eating but definitely not safe four days later. Lori is just nasty. But I mostly use stone ground mustard as an emulsifier because Mr. Nova feels the same way as you do about raw egg yolk. 

As if we needed further confirmation that Lori or Ken reads Free Jinger, the comment asking about if Lori has ever read "The Handmaid's Tale" is now :pufff:

Could Lori be posting from her car because she has read all the comments about her kitchen?  Maybe she is trying to make us forget about her remodeling. 

Does anybody else think that talking about how you suffer quietly is the same as saying "Look how much I've suffered!"??? I really think it is quite boastful of Lori to remind us ONCE AGAIN that she has been so ill most of her life but she hardly ever talks about it. *eye roll* 

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Could Lori be posting from her car because she has read all the comments about her kitchen?  Maybe she is trying to make us forget about her remodeling. 

Does anybody else think that talking about how you suffer quietly is the same as saying "Look how much I've suffered!"??? I really think it is quite boastful of Lori to remind us ONCE AGAIN that she has been so ill most of her life but she hardly ever talks about it. *eye roll* 

I am amazed at the number of conversations Lori's able to squeeze her (life long) illnesses into.  I think it's a huge part of her identity.  '

In the video she said that right after she got sick, she decided that she didn't want those around her to suffer too.  She didn't want her family to hear her grumble or complain, because unhappy people are no fun to be around.  

I guess that's especially true when they are deprived of their potatoes.

Is wanting a potato so bad?  That is all I wanted.  After several days of excruciating pain and not hardly able to eat anything, I just wanted a potato, something soft and filling.  I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes.  The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them.  No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  Then I remembered she put in all that effort to buy all the ingredients for me and cut up all the vegetables.

The day before, my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head.  He read about self-pity being satanic.  I know that.  I rarely give into self-pity because I know it is evil.  It is telling God that He isn't doing a very good job being in control.

I remembered that as soon as I wanted to cry over no potatoes and days of being in pain.  I have already had a lot of pain in my life.  I have already had to miss many fun things in my life.  But then I renewed my mind with God's Truth.  He is in control and I must be content with what He is doing in my life.  So I decided I was going to be okay without potatoes.

Good thing Lori decided early on not to make her family miserable!  

Just think...she could have been like the whiny lady in the potato story.

Trying to remember where I read that....

Oh, yeah, I remember:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/having-pity-party.html

:pb_rollseyes:

That looks like a crappy chain restaurant salad. No spring mix, no fresh spinach, no freshly cut-up veggies (other than cucumber and carrots) that I can see, and no decent protein. No thanks.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived