IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

12 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The Holts don't have a page on my spreadsheet (but I'll add them if someone gives me the info!)

Suzette had 8 children and 9 miscarriages. 

I don't know how many miscarriages but she has 11 children and said she had 5 miscarriages between #9 and #10. If she had five in between those two pregnancies alone, I bet she's had quite a few more. But all I can say right now is 16. I can keep looking though. She may be one of the oldest fundies to have her last baby. I believe she gave birth to her last (Scotlen) at 47.

ETA: found it. She's had 10 miscarriages so she's had 21 pregnancies.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on statistics alone I'd be reaaaaaallly surprised if Mechelle didn't have more than the two pregnancy losses along the way.  Odds of a miscarriage are fairly high if you're young, let alone as you get older.  If you'd claimed the first one was from evil birth control and then God had rewarded you with all these children once you became Quiverfull it'd be pretty hard to start fessing up to other miscarriages in the midst of getting all that media attention for all your children and your Godly lifestyle.  Possible? Sure. Likely? Mmmmmmmno.

I also want to add that since 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, people like Michelle Duggar are rare. Odds are that if you don't use birth control and are sexually active for 20+ years while you're fertile, you will have a few miscarriages. So it's possible there are some fundies that have had more pregnancies than Kelly Bates but they are more private about it. Especially in their older years when miscarriage risk is higher. 

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

It's certainly rare to give birth to more than 20 live children but obviously based on that list it's not impossible. The list also doesn't include every single woman who has ever given birth to more than 20 live children, because it's based mostly on historical records and news accounts. The family I know isn't listed, probably because they've never been mentioned on the news.

Of course it's possible, I'm just saying that I don't think there are a ton of Duggar-like families out there that we just haven't heard about. Statistically it's very, very rare, and a family of that size is likely to attract publicity and a mention in the public record, whether they seek it out or not.

On 7/5/2017 at 8:00 PM, Rhetorica said:

Sara (formerly Smith) has announced her second pregnancy on her Youtube channel, Cheers to Pink. At times it has seemed she is moderating, but you can see echoes of fundie-style parenting in the video and her testimonial endorsing Gothard is still up on his (post-IBLP) website. 

That video was sad. That baby isn't even 2 and she is told she's a sinner. I never gave Sara too much thought before-she seemed innocuous. I was wrong. Like so many other fundies she is a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also want to add that since 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, people like Michelle Duggar are rare. Odds are that if you don't use birth control and are sexually active for 20+ years while you're fertile, you will have a few miscarriages. So it's possible there are some fundies that have had more pregnancies than Kelly Bates but they are more private about it. Especially in their older years when miscarriage risk is higher. 

Is be willing to bet that a lot of women don't n ow they've had a miscarriage because it happens so early sometimes.

@Hortense Peyrac You originally posted about Anna (Pedersen) Cheng. Do you know if she's given birth yet? She was due in June.

11 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Addie morton just posted about the mistery sanders baby. It's abbi 's baby and his name is Archie

Funny that there was no announcement. I think he would have been born just short of their first anniversary.

34 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Funny that there was no announcement. I think he would have been born just short of their first anniversary.

It's a close one, for sure. I don't know the precise date, but I believe Abbi was married sometime in July or August of 2016. I remember Mama Morton's social media tribute to her in late June last year in anticipation of her upcoming nuptials. 

Just now, SolomonFundy said:

It's a close one, for sure. I don't know the precise date, but I believe Abbi was married sometime in July or August of 2016. I remember Mama Morton's social media tribute to her in late June last year in anticipation of her upcoming nuptials. 

The anniversary was July 2. 

Does anyone know the baby's birthday?

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

@Hortense Peyrac You originally posted about Anna (Pedersen) Cheng. Do you know if she's given birth yet? She was due in June.

I don't know... Their blog is closed, I can't access. And their FB are very quiet.... The last news I had was the daughter's birth to john and Megan in early june.... Sorry, I have no more....

The baby Lora Lynn posted about belongs to Abbi. Addie posted pics of him & tagged her (Abbi). His name is Archie. 

10 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I don't know... Their blog is closed, I can't access. And their FB are very quiet.... The last news I had was the daughter's birth to john and Megan in early june.... Sorry, I have no more....

Okay, I was hoping you might have some other source of information that I couldn't find. I'm just going to take her off the pregnant list.

The Naugler's first grandchild was born July 9th at 1:19am. From The Blessed Little Homestead page, 

On 2017-07-07 at 9:05 PM, jozina said:

Just on statistics alone I'd be reaaaaaallly surprised if Mechelle didn't have more than the two pregnancy losses along the way.  Odds of a miscarriage are fairly high if you're young, let alone as you get older.  If you'd claimed the first one was from evil birth control and then God had rewarded you with all these children once you became Quiverfull it'd be pretty hard to start fessing up to other miscarriages in the midst of getting all that media attention for all your children and your Godly lifestyle.  Possible? Sure. Likely? Mmmmmmmno.

I've often thought that Michelle could have had a miscarriage between Johanna and Jennifer. That was the biggest age gap she had had since between Josh and the twins. She wouldn't be on evil birth control so would have had nothing to blame a miscarriage on. I don't think televising a miscarried baby's funeral, like they did with Jubilee, would have been considered at that time since they were just doing odd tv specials rather than a reality series. 

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Addie morton just posted about the mistery sanders baby. It's abbi 's baby and his name is Archie

Of course, the two of them can't even have a year of living on the same continent together before starting their decades of popping out endless spawn for The Lard.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Deanna Coghlan is expecting a baby, according Perry. 

Due mid-January per Deanna's IG announcement last month:

Did she get remarried? 

Also, how many kids do the Coghlans have now? Perry's FB says 13, but it seems they are missing one or two in the pick on the FB header. 

1 hour ago, jakesykora said:

Due mid-January per Deanna's IG announcement last month:

Oh, did we already know about this? Sorry if I'm posting old news; I hadn't seen anything about it. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Did she get remarried? 

Also, how many kids do the Coghlans have now? Perry's FB says 13, but it seems they are missing one or two in the pick on the FB header. 

As far as I can tell she has not gotten remarried but has a boyfriend.

They have 13: Deanna, Kaitlyn, Lydia, Megan, Natalie, Rebecca, Rachael, Perry IV, Bethany, Parker, Patrick, James and Phineas. There was also Sarah who was stillborn.

54 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, did we already know about this? Sorry if I'm posting old news; I hadn't seen anything about it. 

Yeah, she's been on the list since she announced last month. I don't think people talked about it very much.

Am I wrong, or is it that all of the Neely girls who have given birth (Amanda, married to Matthew Wilkes and Kathryn, married to Daniel Staddon), post pictures of the babies but NEVER mention his/her names?

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived