IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think so. The Wallers aren't fertile. There is over three years between their first two. 

Also the Bartas keep having wider gaps in time between kids so I think their next two will have 2 years between so no new baby until 2018. 

So definitely Kim and Mary. But I'm not so sure any of the others will have 2017 babies. 2018? There will be a few.

Well, you're right about Bartas and Wallers. So make a deal and agree on 3 - Kim, Mary and Julie :my_biggrin:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2017 at 0:14 AM, LaLele said:

Bonnie from A Knotted Life is pregnant with #7.  She hasn't said when she is due.  

22 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Oh Lord. I haven't followed her blog for a while, but last I heard they were already overwhelmed and broke, and were hoping for a good long break before the next one.

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It was only a matter of time. The sad thing is that Bonnie has essentially sacrificed everything, her life, family, happiness, mental and physical health, marriage, everything at the altar of NFP, and she is ironically one of the best advertisements AGAINST NFP I've ever come across.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked at her blog and her youngest turned 1 year right after Christmas. So let's hope depending on her due date, they will be close to two years apart. Her older ones seem to have a smaller gap. 

Bonnie Engstrom gave birth to her daughter Miriam Joan this morning. 8lb, 6oz,

12 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bonnie Engstrom gave birth to her daughter Miriam Joan this morning. 8lb, 6oz,

I wonder why she didn't just wait for the kid to squirt out to inform the public?  She literally announced the pregnancy a day before she gave birth.  To each their own I suppose.  

It seems that Bonnie had an emergency C-section because of uterine rupture. And the baby deceased on May the 21th... A little girl named Miriam Angelica. (info from FB)

This complication is the worst and the most dangerous for women with close pregnancy, and C-section. Bonnie had this surgery for her late baby on december 2015!!!!!!!!!!:smiley-signs131:.... She's lucky to be alive......

21 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

It seems that Bonnie had an emergency C-section because of uterine rupture. And the baby deceased on May the 21th... A little girl named Miriam Angelica. (info from FB)

This complication is the worst and the most dangerous for women with close pregnancy, and C-section. Bonnie had this surgery for her late baby.... She's lucky to be alive......

I'm not seeing that information at all. Her last FB post is from March 13 and all I see is the birth announcement for Miriam Joan on Instagram from a couple of hours ago. Can you link to where you found the information?

7 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

There's the link: https://www.facebook.com/AKnottedLife/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf  , date: may 22th

Not the same baby???...

No, they aren't the same baby. Miriam Angelica was the daughter of Cassandra and Erik Ho. Cassandra had an emergency c-section after a uterine rupture on May 22 and the baby died on the 23rd. 

Miriam Joan is the daughter of Bonnie Engstrom (A Knotted Life), she was born yesterday (June 8) and appears to be healthy. 

miriam.thumb.jpg.cf7ffcc79b0fa647d088d3efa4c1f43f.jpg

Well, that's slightly bizarre. I wonder why she chose to announce the day before giving birth (I think she usually has scheduled inductions or C-sections these days)? Or was it the day of giving birth? I knew she was probably due pretty soon, because she's looked pregnant for months, but of course I didn't want to speculate - she's had major struggles with her weight and had 6 kids in less than 10 years, after all.

I can't help but wonder about her state of mind, given her history. I hope she's okay (I mean that genuinely - I'm not concern trolling). Did I mention her oldest daughter literally just had open heart surgery? And I believe more than one of her kids has special needs? And she's battled severe postpartum depression? And she's still traumatized (and quite understandably so) from the home birth wherein her second son was born without a heartbeat and resuscitated after an hour? And she's had multiple other traumatic events associated with pregnancy and delivery since then? And... etc.

I also hope all is well with her. It seems she's gone through A LOT. Goodness I feel for this poor woman. 

oh my goodness, poor woman.  And she's still sticking to NFP, even though it clearly doesn't work for them?

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

oh my goodness, poor woman.  And she's still sticking to NFP, even though it clearly doesn't work for them?

Yes. Frankly, I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for her. Unlike some who were raised in a cult, brainwashed from birth, she chose this. And in the past when a commenter or two have tried to kindly suggest that God won't disown her for using a condom, she's lashed out in an incredibly rude and hostile manner, you'd think they were suggesting selling her children to ISIS. She prioritizes being a perfect Catholic above all else, and if she heard me say that she's probably fully agree and think I was the misguided one for not seeing the necessity of it.

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes. Frankly, I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for her. Unlike some who were raised in a cult, brainwashed from birth, she chose this. And in the past when a commenter or two have tried to kindly suggest that God won't disown her for using a condom, she's lashed out in an incredibly rude and hostile manner, you'd think they were suggesting selling her children to ISIS. She prioritizes being a perfect Catholic above all else, and if she heard me say that she's probably fully agree and think I was the misguided one for not seeing the necessity of it.

I actually know of another person who chose to be devoutly catholic and no birth control whatsoever. She has children even closer spaced than Bonnie and she will not even think of ever using birth control. I worry she will have a breakdown at some point. Probably after having 8 kids in 7 years :-/

I'm always of two minds on the hardcore Catholics. Because compared to the evangelicals, they're so normal, in a drinking, cursing, movie-going way. And I mean technically they're part of the same church as my family and literally a billion other people, not some tiny sect that meets in somebody's living room. But on the other hand, Jesus motherfucking Christ they can be insufferable.

Was she the one who was able to resuscitate her heartbeat-less newborn by invoking some TV preacher, and now she has this ongoing campaign to get him officially canonized by the RCC? Or is that someone else?

35 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Was she the one who was able to resuscitate her heartbeat-less newborn by invoking some TV preacher, and now she has this ongoing campaign to get him officially canonized by the RCC? Or is that someone else?

That's her.

On 2.6.2017 at 5:45 AM, RoseWilder said:

I hate myself a little bit for knowing this much about her life, but no, she doesn't have family around. They moved away to plant a church, and I believe they're a VERY long car ride away from relatives. 

Which makes it even more insane to handle so many kids that are still so little. I hope she somehow manages her brood without blanket training and all the other cruel methods overwhelmed QF-mothers use to keep their kids in order.

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or her brother's wife Mary. Wow I just looked and they are FERTILE. She gave birth to 4 kids in a span of 3 years 7 months! So I m sure they will announce number 5 in the next couple of months. 

Mary is super fertile and quite young. There are still a LOT of fertile years ahead of her and I really hope they are somehow slowing down a little bit. Otherwise they easily 10+ kids.

13 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Mary is super fertile and quite young. There are still a LOT of fertile years ahead of her and I really hope they are somehow slowing down a little bit. Otherwise they easily 10+ kids.

Oh there's no doubt in my mind they will easily hit double digits if they continue without any birth control or NFP. The question is.... will they have 12? 14? 16? Or will they hit Duggar/Bates status?

Bonnie said on IG that she went into labor while she was taking one of her sons to the ER. He had accidentally taken one of her gestational diabetes pills instead of his allergy pill.

Beth Serven TenDolle had her fifth/sixth? child this week at home per Mama Serven's IG. Their first boy but no name or info....

I'm guessing that Bonnie waited to announce due to all of the drama with her daughter's heart condition. They kept that news secret as well, up until the point that her daughter was preparing for the surgery. I assume that they found out about the new baby shortly before the holidays, decided to wait to announce for that reason, then when her daughter's situation presented itself, she just felt the need to keep everything quiet until things calmed down. She posted a picture to her instagram early this Spring that clearly showed a round, pregnant stomach, with her hand on it in a very suggestive way. I guess due to the likelihood of it being postpartum weight (Bonnie has acknowledged difficulty losing baby weight in the past), nobody asked her about a pregnancy. I kind of wonder now if she posted that as a test to see if she could gently acknowledge it that way, but since no one was willing to potentially hurt her feelings by asking, she just let it go. 

Like with all fundies, I feel a mix of pity and fascination for Bonnie. She seems so utterly fraught with stress and fear for the future due to finances and the swarm of humanity she's birthed into their small home, yet she also is so devoted to bringing more of the same upon herself. I don't think she has it harder than other women in the Catholic mommyblogger circles; she's just more honest about the stress of it all. It's interesting to me that she's become such an example of "rare" failed NFP/Darker side of Catholic reproductive choices. I suspect that she's representative of the greater majority rather than a select few.

I like the baby's name, though. Nice choices.

18 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Thanks Bethella, and sorry for my mistake....

Don't worry about it, I was just confused when you posted it. I'm wondering if she used the name in part as a tribute to the baby who died.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

I guess due to the likelihood of it being postpartum weight (Bonnie has acknowledged difficulty losing baby weight in the past), nobody asked her about a pregnancy. I kind of wonder now if she posted that as a test to see if she could gently acknowledge it that way, but since no one was willing to potentially hurt her feelings by asking, she just let it go. 

At least one person did ask, actually. They said something like, "Wait, did I miss an announcement?!" And Bonnie replied with something along the lines of, "No, you didn't miss an announcement. When I announce a pregnancy I always do it with that same music video."

So for whatever reason, even with at least one person asking, she decided to be coy about it.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

At least one person did ask, actually. They said something like, "Wait, did I miss an announcement?!" And Bonnie replied with something along the lines of, "No, you didn't miss an announcement. When I announce a pregnancy I always do it with that same music video."

So for whatever reason, even with at least one person asking, she decided to be coy about it.

I didn't catch that one. That makes it even more bewildering to me. She could have posted literally ANY shot of herself that would have been less suggestive of pregnancy, including a cropped head and shoulders angle like most of the others. Yet... she put herself out there, hand on belly, horizontal stripes and all. If she wasn't fishing for questions, I guess she just really liked the photo? 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived