IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

5 hours ago, Babsi said:

I, as a german, personally have a hard time understanding the deep, often times holier than thou (ok that one, we have too but in a different way) religiousness in America.

To be clear, people like Bonnie are a very, very small minority of American Catholics. Go to most parishes here and you will find the kind of people you described above. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Babsi said:

I, as a german, personally have a hard time understanding the deep, often times holier than thou (ok that one, we have too but in a different way) religiousness in America.

There is a big difference between being "evangelisch" or "evangelikal". Look it up, you will find the same craziness starting to take root in Germany!

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

To be clear, people like Bonnie are a very, very small minority of American Catholics. Go to most parishes here and you will find the kind of people you described above. 

I know, but in GENERAL this overly religious behaviour (in every denomination) is a lot stronger for american christians as opposed to other countries and the bible is taken more literally (exception are some regions of Africa etc. but those are often poor regions where faith is very much something to hold on to in poverty etc....AND is used to oppress the people, especially women sadly...again, broadly speaking) In Germany I'd be surprised if there were much more than 100 families (probably less) living this lifestyle (excluding christian sects and cults...they are internationally batshit :P ). I am also pretty sure that almost no one could cite a bible verse with the correct source (timothy, luke, psalm no.) over here :D

7 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

There is a big difference between being "evangelisch" or "evangelikal". Look it up, you will find the same craziness starting to take root in Germany!

I know, but I consider the "Freikirche"etc. almost a sect already (but ever since learning more about religion in the US they would fit right into some areas of the  bible belt :D ). A friend of mine grew up in a family like this (had to act like he would wait for marriage with his gf etc....he did not but his parents believed he did :pb_lol: and so on) and we all were taken aback by it...it was very weird to our teenage selves

21 hours ago, Babsi said:

II know, but I consider the "Freikirche"etc. almost a sect already (but ever since learning more about religion in the US they would fit right into some areas of the  bible belt :D ). A friend of mine grew up in a family like this (had to act like he would wait for marriage with his gf etc....he did not but his parents believed he did :pb_lol: and so on) and we all were taken aback by it...it was very weird to our teenage selves

Well, then consider the illegally homeschooling, country fleeing individuals, and waiting for marriage just seems to be conservative.  I saw a documentary about evangelicals in Germany      where they interviewed one set parents and those (university educated) idiots actually homeschooled, to the point that the police tried to pick up the kids for school, parents yelling persecution... and they said "NO" to any kind of sex ed - kids did not need to know anything before marriage

Andrew Torres, brother of Lourdes, who also grew up in the Vision Forum cult, and his wife have had a baby girl, Annalee Torres. 

Andrew is best known as The Guy Who Chased Doug Down the Street (and hopefully, kicked his ass). 

@ophelia I can't find it anymore, it was partially about this family 

but also about the Romeike family and some other people.  It might have been Spiegel TV but lately I have been having trouble accessing it from North America.

Looks like there is a new Sanders grandson - I'm assuming Darth and Noah although Bekah has been married awhile.

Looking at David and Priscilla's latest blog post do Derrick and Jennifer Waller look like baby #2 is in the oven?  Looks like it in one of the pictures to me.

12 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Looks like there is a new Sanders grandson - I'm assuming Darth and Noah although Bekah has been married awhile.

It's a little soon based on Darth's previous spacing- 28 months between Enoch and Patrick, 26 months between Patrick and Edwin; Edwin is only 17 months. Both Bekah and Abbi have been married long enough (today is Abbi's first anniversary).

8 hours ago, jlbturtle said:

Looking at David and Priscilla's latest blog post do Derrick and Jennifer Waller look like baby #2 is in the oven?  Looks like it in one of the pictures to me.

I'm not seeing it in the pictures, but there is a Jennifer Waller in Lynchburg, VA who has a baby registry for October 14. Do you know if that's where they live?

10 hours ago, jlbturtle said:

Is this the picture you're referring to? She just had a baby last September but I guess it's possible.

4215706940114371237-account_id1-768x432.

15 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Where was this posted? Addie Morton almost always posts about her new nieces and nephews on Instagram, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I agree that she does look pregnant. My guess would be 6 months pregnant. But of course it could just be leftover baby weight. But if she's only had one, it seems all of these fundies bounce back ridiculously quick after their first baby. I assume they are often expected to bounce right back. It seems to me that fundies often have their first two pretty close together. So even if her first is still young, it wouldn't surprise me if she was pregnant again. 

I have two kids and there's a huge difference between one and two. I've always assumed that that is why fundies often have two closely spaced and then a third a little bit later. They are probably a little more busy with two young children and have less time for "sweet fellowship" and that's why there is a longer gap between 2 and 3. That's just my assumption based on my experience.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, ophelia said:

Lora Lynn Fanning (oldest Sanders daughter) had it on her IG.

I don't remember when exactly but very recently she had some pics of Rebecca posted. Rebecca was as thin as ever. 

I presumed if it's a Sanders grandkid it is Abbi's. Darth was in many pics with the Mortons recently too and she was most definitely not pregnant in them. 

Of course, the nephew could be from her husband's side of the family and not one of her siblings at all.

I just looked at LL's picture - Adeline commented & can't wait to meet the baby. It's a Sanders nephew no doubt. Hmmm. Curious.

On 25/06/2017 at 6:05 PM, nausicaa said:

Her judginess in that post drives me crazy (and it's even worse in the comments). I hardly think zoo or museum memberships, vacations to visit family, or 529s for your kids is all that materialistic. And even if the wife works so they can have Disney cruises or a Lexus (or just because the wife enjoys working), what the hell is it Bonnie's business?

Like, I'm judgy as hell, and I still don't care. Some people like some more expensive things/experiences, and if they're willing to work more for them, more power to them.

Thank you! I am probably the sort of person Bonnie is bitching about

We could afford more kids but are stopping at two because emotionally & physically we can't deal with more kids. We are done. It's not all about the money Bonnie. Some of us chose a nicer, happier life over more kids.  

19 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Put Zsuzsanna Anderson back on the list, new baby due in January (info from her blog)

Nooooooooo!! Whyyyyy... Zsu doesn't need more kids to neglect!

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

Put Zsuzsanna Anderson back on the list, new baby due in January (info from her blog)

I've been expecting the 'news' for a few months so of course it's not a surprise.

It is, however, pathetically sad.  

1 hour ago, meee said:

Oh for goodness sake.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Oh, for FUCK'S sake," but I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly!

Saw her blog post. She said she hopes the new baby is a girl for Chole to have a sister. But I doubt that's true. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived