IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

@Stormy, I don't think they would be able to handle it well. Oh yeah, you'd have the pretty Instagram and good tlc editing to show the child smiling or saying something cute, but behind the scenes, I'm sure there would be issues. 

There would probably be little to no prenatal testing, so the parents probably wouldn't be prepared going in. There's a thread on quiver full of snark about disabled children being beaten by their fundie parents, so I don't think it's a stretch to say To Train Up a Child techniques could be used against a special needs child. 

I work with special needs children. I love it, but it is not easy, and I get to go home at the end of the day. Some of these children are cared for in part by their young siblings for various reasons. The thought of a Duggar trying to use the buddy system on a profoundly disabled child sickens me. It's not fair to either child (not that it is if neither child is disabled).

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they pick Malachai before something more mainstrean like Matthew, Mark, or Martin, I will SMH so hard at those two. :pb_rollseyes:

In my reality, a redemption baby would be a mistake and add more stress to an already shaky marriage and 4 kids. In Anna's reality, maybe it's a sign that Josh has truly repented, and will now be the husband and father she needs. I hope this is so, for her sake, but I'm not holding my breath.

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

In my reality, a redemption baby would be a mistake and add more stress to an already shaky marriage and 4 kids. In Anna's reality, maybe it's a sign that Josh has truly repented, and will now be the husband and father she needs. I hope this is so, for her sake, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think Josh will ever be the husband and father Anna's needs him to be. He's so conceited he only cares about himself. If he cared about Anna or his kids he never would have done what he did. He also would not have moved them to Washington DC for a job he was not qualified for. 

Josh was not thrilled with the announcement of the new baby, having a big family is a personal desire of anna and sure that jimbob insisted to josh about it, is the price that josh has to pay his wife.

we will see what happens with josh, increasingly repressed and unhappy with his life, and if the show ends definitively and the media forget this family it will be easier for josh to return to the bad way.

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

As far as the Reddit conversation goes, here's some advice -

Don't take everything said as absolute truth unless you can personally verify it. I don't know if this person is legit or not and I don't want to jump to conclusions either way (because I don't have time to go looking st he things they wrote). My general rule would be if it sounds too good to be true and they aren't offering any evidence at all, either they're trying to protect their identity (understandable) or they're being deceptive for some reason. So just be careful and don't just accept what they say as the truth.

I'm so glad you were able to make a snap judgement that I wasn't to be believed without taking the time to read any of the things I had written. My reasons for not "proving" I know them like I said I did were 1. I have no interest in having my name and public image attached to their circus. 2. I deeply hope to one day be able to be there for Anna if/when she chooses to leave and will do everything I can to protect that possibility. 

Thanks to the sweet Reddit user who messaged me links to this board (it's been years since I read anything here). I hope many of y'all were able to read the thread where I gave a lot of background information. The best thing to do for the Duggar kids? Stop enabling the broadcasting of their crazy beliefs and abusive manipulative lifestyle. Stop watching the show. You're taking away every chance those kids have to leave if they wanted to. It is a horrifically hard process to leave under normal conditions, so to be watched by countless strangers makes it even worse. 

oh FFS.
THis is why 'lurk before posting' was part of good netiquette starting in the '90's.
*shaking my cane at young folks*

No one said that you were a lying liar who lies.  They said take it with a grain of salt--and then actually followed it up with explaining that made sense because of privacy.

Many (Most?) of the posters on FJ don't watch the show.  I'd say that FJ has done some good work in fighting the man re: crazy belief and manipulative lifestyles.

People coming to say "wow, this person had a lot of interesting things to say" getting one (legit) comment saying "yup, interesting.  no proof, but interesting" is not a reason to come over in a huff.

25 minutes ago, Justdatingtowns said:

I'm so glad you were able to make a snap judgement that I wasn't to be believed without taking the time to read any of the things I had written. My reasons for not "proving" I know them like I said I did were 1. I have no interest in having my name and public image attached to their circus. 2. I deeply hope to one day be able to be there for Anna if/when she chooses to leave and will do everything I can to protect that possibility. 

I don't see any "snap judgements" from @VelociRapture. FJ has had a history of people who've lied about being someone that they're not (Razing Ruth is a big one that sticks out for me), so yes, people are going to be at least a little skeptical on here of someone who may be (ex-)fundie or be close to fundies.

12 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Anna is going to birth the next Messiah for sure.  I mean - a godly woman having babies without any man involved according to TLC?  All the hallmarks of an immaculate conception....

Messiah could be a contender for the next M name:GPn0zNK:

@dawbsI read the comment several times and felt that the main point was "don't trust this person". Started with that, main point was that and ended with that. One line was about giving the benefit of the doubt but was immediately followed up with but basically no its dishonest person. Because they said they didn't take the time to read anything I wrote that's where my statement about snap judgement came from. 

I'm glad to hear many people aren't watching the show, because that wasn't at all clear from any of the forums I did read for three hours before I posted. 

30 minutes ago, Justdatingtowns said:

Thanks to the sweet Reddit user who messaged me links to this board (it's been years since I read anything here). I hope many of y'all were able to read the thread where I gave a lot of background information. The best thing to do for the Duggar kids? Stop enabling the broadcasting of their crazy beliefs and abusive manipulative lifestyle. Stop watching the show. You're taking away every chance those kids have to leave if they wanted to. It is a horrifically hard process to leave under normal conditions, so to be watched by countless strangers makes it even worse. 

As @dawbs and @choralcrusader8613 said, I didn't accuse you of lying. I was warning people to be cautious when reading through the actual reddit conversation and not just accept things on blind faith. I also said that in the past there have been people on here who have lied or been unable to provide credible evidence to back up their claims (the second reason mainly because they don't want to reveal their identity - which is completely understandable.) It's always good to remind people to proceed with caution. 

And you're right. Snap judgements are a problem. Isn't it a shame when someone immediately jumps to conclusions about what another poster meant instead of calmly asking them for clarification instead? So many misunderstandings could be avoided that way.

(P.S. Not sure if you plan to stick around or not - but welcome to the site if you do. I look forward to "seeing" you around.)

ETA: Saw your followup post. No. The point was basically "proceed with caution" for the exact reasons I, and others, have mentioned. Sometimes posters here can get overexcited and don't pause to consider whether or not the information they're being given is true or not. My post was, in all honesty, a reminder to push pause before deciding.

@VelociRapture thanks for following up and sharing your intention. It was not how it came across at all to me but I thank you for clarifying.  I definitely do not plan on sticking around here but thank you for the warm welcome. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Where's the ax murderer meme, when you need it? :P 

Since you asked so nicely... :D

76104618.jpg.e49dbab2acdfe9453a4bd4b8a122f8aa.jpeg

A whole three hours?  Sometimes people read for weeks or months before jumping in and jumping on someone.  People are invited to freely share their opinions here.  They also get to live with the results.

We get people who enjoy spinning yarns here all the time.  Just yesterday or the day before we had to call someone to account.  It's wise to remember not everyone is truthful when hiding behind a screen. 

Grumpy of good grief.jpg

I think that's better than the ax murderer for this one.

5 minutes ago, Justdatingtowns said:

This is such a lovely place it's astonishing I've never heard positive things about it :tw_expressionless:

Next time you stop by - if you choose to - simply ask politely before jumping to conclusions. Most people here (myself included) are happy to help or explain things if you ask nicely.

With all sincerity, good luck wherever the Internet and life take you!

Saying this as a human being having a VERY grumpy day, so I"m not as kind and tactful as I might otherwise be...
But what did you expect?  
Not from our board in general, but what did you expect in response to coming onto a message board guns blazing, upset that people dared think you're a fallible human instead of...I don't know, a golden calf seems duggar-appropriate.

No one is trying to chase you off or tell you you can't share your experiences here, but when you come into someone's established board, something other than a full frontal assault tends to be the best way to start a dialog. 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

do we think that anna will give birth on a toilet again 

I really hope not. I may not be a fan, but I do hope she has a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery.

12 minutes ago, Justdatingtowns said:

This is such a lovely place it's astonishing I've never heard positive things about it :tw_expressionless:

Really? That surprises me. If you left IBLP, wouldn't a forum like this be a source of support for that? There is a lot of information sharing, which is a positive thing. The whole premise is based on wanting a better life for people than what ATI/Gothard manipulated into existence. That includes you. 

2 minutes ago, Justdatingtowns said:

I'm not sure what kind of reception you expected given the nature of your first post. 

Seriously, no one was challenging you or calling you out, just reminding everyone that it's good to maintain a healthy skepticism about claims made on the internet, especially claims relating to the public figures we discuss here. We have several posters who are former fundamentalists, including former ATI members, and they get along just fine here and are very valuable members of the community. It would be great if you stuck around and continued posting, just with the understanding that people can't be expected to automatically believe everything you say, and that it's nothing personal, just good sense.

5 minutes ago, nst said:

do we think that anna will give birth on a toilet again 

I would hope that Anna will give birth at a birthing center or hospital. 

@Justdatingtowns, I wanted to say that I really enjoyed your thread on Reddit and welcome! 

As an avid redditor myself, I can confirm what you have already no doubt noticed: the culture here is much different than on Reddit.  There are a lot of reasons for this, but a lot of it has to do with smaller user base and less anonymity, so to speak. 

We try not to allow users to create throwaway accounts, socks, or even new accounts if the want to nuke their old ones.  FJ is very forever in a way reddit is not, so you can really start to build relationships with Your boardmates.  There's a sense of community that is hard to find on Reddit, but because of that, there's a strong culture that can make it hard to just show up to. 

We HAVE had people come here, pretend to be ex-ATI folks, and attempt to scam us for money.  We have had those people make claims about more famous fundies.  I would say we used to be more trusting, but so many of us have been through one or more of these users, that we may choose to be more doubtful.  I think we are most suspicious of people who claim to know the Duggars or Bates since those are the most common troll targets.

I do hope you stick around.  FJ has a very diverse user base and I genuinely enjoy the discourse we have here!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived