IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

Neither did i ever think FJ was a bad place. I lurked for over 10 months before joining, so that also helped, i think.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I found FJ I was a wannabe fundie, hence my horror and disgust. Let's just say that's not the case anymore.

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hope your comforter dries quickly. Wait, you don't have a duvet??!!!

LOL, at risk of starting that shit over again, I have my duvet over a down comforter at the moment. It gets cold in my bedroom during the snowing times. 

Re: sheets. Egyptian cotton or GTFO. Flannel is a demonic thingy intended to ruin our lives.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

When I found FJ I was a wannabe fundie, hence my horror and disgust. Let's just say that's not the case anymore.

I was a recovering fundie. I'd already sort of left but hadn't stopped believing and still was a racist, sexist, homophobic asshole. I learned a lot from FJ.

First of all, no to flannel sheets. They are too fucking hot and you can't find a cool spot!  What's wrong with you people?  Oh, wait. You're young, probably. Give it a few years.

Secondly, with regards to FJ, I didn't come here with a religious background so I wasn't sure I belonged at all.  I enjoy the discussions though, and I have learned a great deal about, well, everything. (Except you're just wrong about the sheets).

I truly am constantly amazed by the level of intelligence and knowledge displayed here. But, what I love most is the community aspect.  And I do feel like I belong.

I took a break recently but that was due to to people we follow, not the members.  I got really depressed reading Lori's bullshit every day,  I was depressed viewing the Unread Content page and seeing all the crap represented there.  And I despise watching these fundamental zealots indoctrinate their children. 

But im back and very happy about that.  I missed many here.  It's a strange place, to be sure. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

First of all, no to flannel sheets. They are too fucking hot and you can't find a cool spot!  What's wrong with you people?  Oh, wait. You're young, probably. Give it a few years.

Haha I'm the youngest in my family at 19, but I'm the only one who can't stand flannel sheets. My parents love them, but I get hot when I sleep. I even flip my pillow throughout the night just to get that cool side. 

Sweet sweet flannel, I would drape myself in flannel if it was socially acceptable.  Wait, I do.  Flannel pants, flannel button ups, flannel pillowcases, flannel sheets...sweet sweet flannel sheets.

50% cotton 50% polyester is the way to go for me. Soft enough, not too much wrinkles. But because i'me stupid, i bought my bed in an unusual size and i have to order every fucking sheet online.

And flannel, lol, i live in a mediterranean climate. Maybe I wouldn't choke under them in the coldest night of winter, but it still would be too much. My light ikea duvet is the way to go

I grew up with flannelette sheets in winter, cotton in summer, but my husband vetoed flannelette when we got married.  I've never looked back.  And to be honest, since the temperature here rarely drops below 50f at night even in mid winter, it's hardly needed.  

not sure if we have discussed this before, but I wonder if Josh moved to DC solely for the purpose to join dating sites and cheat on Anna.

I was rewatching the episode where they "seek advice" from JB and Michelle about moving the DC, and Josh is waving off all the concerns that Anna and his parents have about the move, which makes it look like he really wants to get that job. 

I bet he can't just do the same thing in Arkansas, where he is surrounded by people from his cult. 

3 minutes ago, elvirajane said:

not sure if we have discussed this before, but I wonder if Josh moved to DC solely for the purpose to join dating sites and cheat on Anna.

I was rewatching the episode where they "seek advice" from JB and Michelle about moving the DC, and Josh is waving off all the concerns that Anna and his parents have about the move, which makes it look like he really wants to get that job. 

I bet he can't just do the same thing in Arkansas, where he is surrounded by people from his cult. 

That's an interesting thought. He was completely unqualified for the job. But you are right if he tryed to cheat in his home state people easily would have recognized him. 

59 minutes ago, jiggleromp said:

Sweet sweet flannel, I would drape myself in flannel if it was socially acceptable.  Wait, I do.  Flannel pants, flannel button ups, flannel pillowcases, flannel sheets...sweet sweet flannel sheets.

Yes!  My body just does not make heat.  If it's colder than body temp I am cold.  Flannel shirts, flannel lined-jeans, flannel sheets, pillowcases, you name it. FLANNEL4LIFE!   

I do give up my flannel in summer now that I live in NYC though.  Discovering hot and humid weather after growing up in the cold and wet of southeast Alaska was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I don't even have air conditioning, I love the heat so much. 

My husband is obsessed with flannel sheets this year. I bought him a Martha Stewart set for Christmas and he said it was the best gift ever.

Josh had lots of reasons to get out of Dodge, but I'm sure the cheating crossed his mind.

Think we can get through the whole thread without talking about the Dillards?

God I hope so, because that thread is giving me life at the moment. I was just laughing and telling@hernameisbuffy about the thread that isn't. :-p

@TeamDefraudinSquadI understand. That's why I tried not to be a massive asshole to them. I didn't want to offend that poster in case they are who they claim. I figure they'd have a lot to deal with already looking through these threads already.

I was kind of sarcastic and rude in my initial reply, but not as bad as I can be. Hopefully they know I was being sincere in wishing them well though. It takes a lot of strength and courage to break out of a lifestyle like that.

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My husband is obsessed with flannel sheets this year. I bought him a Martha Stewart set for Christmas and he said it was the best gift ever.

Josh had lots of reasons to get out of Dodge, but I'm sure the cheating crossed his mind.

Are we not talking about the department store? I don't know of any other Dillard's we could be interested in here. None at all. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I was kind of sarcastic and rude in my initial reply, but not as bad as I can be. 

Okay, real talk time: you are one of the nicest and most patient people on this forum. Sometimes I regret how sarcastic or unintentionally rude something I posted came out, and I literally think, "I need to be more like @VelociRapture..." :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@TeamDefraudinSquadI understand. That's why I tried not to be a massive asshole to them. I didn't want to offend that poster in case they are who they claim. I figure they'd have a lot to deal with already looking through these threads already.

I was kind of sarcastic and rude in my initial reply, but not as bad as I can be. Hopefully they know I was being sincere in wishing them well though. It takes a lot of strength and courage to break out of a lifestyle like that.

Are we not talking about the department store? I don't know of any other Dillard's we could be interested in here. None at all. :pb_lol:

They sell really nice flannel sheets.

18 hours ago, send*the*ferrets said:

like back in the days of Emily, skirt cheese, and dna.

Emily and the skirt cheese! There will never be anyone like Emily. Never. I really wish she would blog again. 

Just now, formergothardite said:

Emily and the skirt cheese! There will never be anyone like Emily. Never. I really wish she would blog again. 

Me toooooo! Especially since it seems she has left the fundie lifestyle somewhat- I think I saw she and Dna were divorced? I'd be really interested to read about what happened. If she monetized her blog, she could probably live off those hits for another year :evil-laugh: but really, I hope she's matured a bit. I wonder how Therese is doing?

2 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

Me toooooo! Especially since it seems she has left the fundie lifestyle somewhat- I think I saw she and Dna were divorced? I'd be really interested to read about what happened. If she monetized her blog, she could probably live off those hits for another year :evil-laugh: but really, I hope she's matured a bit. I wonder how Therese is doing?

I remember reading about her. Didn't she have like 3 or more kids?  

Theresa and Brad will never be forgotten! I do hope she has matured and no longer lives like a crazy person. A blog discussing her current life(even if it was boring and normal) would still probably make her tons of money. 

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I was kind of sarcastic and rude in my initial reply, but not as bad as I can be. Hopefully they know I was being sincere in wishing them well though. 

Aw, I didn't think you sounded rude in your response to her! :my_smile: I read your tone as being a little taken aback by her response, but that makes sense, because she did kind of jump on you like, "Whoa now, who you callin' a liar?" when all you meant was that people can say whatever they want to say behind an anonymous username, and not to get too excited when people claim to know famous people online (and the Duggars are infamous, at the very least....)

4 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Aw, I didn't think you sounded rude in your response to her! :my_smile: I read your tone as being a little taken aback by her response, but that makes sense, because she did kind of jump on you like, "Whoa now, who you callin' a liar?" when all you meant was that people can say whatever they want to say behind an anonymous username, and not to get too excited when people claim to know famous people online (and the Duggars are infamous, at the very least....)

Lol! I was taken aback to be honest. I was a bit rude for that reason. But I see why they reacted that way. I probably would too in their position.

30 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, real talk time: you are one of the nicest and most patient people on this forum. Sometimes I regret how sarcastic or unintentionally rude something I posted came out, and I literally think, "I need to be more like @VelociRapture..." :pb_lol:

Well, I mean, someone has to be the nice one around here. Though I doubt I'll ever be as sweet and welcoming as dear @Palimpsest (as much as I may wish it.) :laughing-rolling:

I'm actually highly sarcastic offline. I try to be nicer on here because it's polite and you never know who may need it at any one moment.

34 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They sell really nice flannel sheets.

My husband might just divorce me if I bought us flannel sheets. He throws off a ridiculous amount of heat - we'd both boil to death. Abd then who would raise poor little Velocibaby and Velocipuppy?! :pb_lol:

Dillard's sells nice sheets. They also let the kids sit on Satan's lap last Christmas. :devilish:

Damn, I always thought the community on FJ is pretty nice. Sure, we can be assholes sometimes, but can any community be 100% pleasant 100% of the time? I don't think so.

Here's the thing, @Justdatingtowns- people go on the internet and tell lies for attention. I'm not saying you are, and your story seems interesting, and if true, I'm very glad you've made it out of such a horrible cult. C'mon- after all the bullshit with people pretending to be fundies on FJ, one-upping everyone's stories and getting defensive, pretending to be famous, pretending to be the people we talk about, pretending to know famous fundies- can you really blame us? Wholeheartedly believing everything everyone says on the internet without question is really, really dumb. I liked your story. I found it interesting, and your insight valuable. You're a stranger on the internet. I don't know you, I don't trust you. I don't even know if you're the original poster who posted on reddit. 

Do I think your story is true, and you are who you say you are? Probably. Am I 100% sure that it's the absolute truth? Hell no. And I don't owe you that. I don't owe that to anyone. Especially an anonymous stranger on the internet.

I don't think Josh wanted to move to DC so he could cheat, that was probably just a perk. I think Josh truly believed he was qualified for the job and believed he belonged on the pedestal his family put him on. I think he did have political ambition and thought he would soon rise through the ranks of the Republican Party. The DC job was just a stepping stone. I don't think he thought he needed an education or experience. He just needed the Duggar name and his sense of entitlement. This is a man who never seemed to worry that his committing child molestation would come out or even be an issue in the future. He is not living the life he envisioned. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived